Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SIU's Q&A Translations & Discussions

Question Answer

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

but rachel doesn't know baam's birthday and so does baam

Where is the evidence that Rachel doesn't know every single thing about Baam and the cave?

Marduk

Marduk

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 605 posts

About the naming, I believe it has more to do with the "day the tower cried" thing. Unless, of course, SIU changed his mind about it. And that may be something that has effectively occurred.

SIU did say that he didn't want this information to go public, and that may be the reason. I mean, walhaiksong's true purpose was only revealed quite a bit later than the rest of this info. Maybe he changed his mind about it, because previously there was some direct conflict of ideals, and that sounded too cliche.

Perhaps creating a different goal, but with parallel conflicts, such as political struggles, influence battles sounded better for the plot.

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Finally I find it interesting how SIU states that Wingtree is in direct opposition to Zahard and the ruling Families.  The single purpose of WIngtree seems to be to find a way out of the Tower.  Does this mean Zahard's singular purpose is to remain within the Tower? 

I find it rather simple; If you're not with him, you're his enemy. Urek wants to use any kinf od method to get out of the Tower while Zahard wants to keep climbing until the top. Why they don't work together? Probably they already tried it and it went wrong, who knows.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

but rachel doesn't know baam's birthday and so does baam

I am not saying that it's his real birthday. Just that Rachel decided upon meeting him that this date will be his birthday and that it will also serve as his name. Sounds well more possible to me than it being the date of some special event or something like that. Rachel showed on numerous occasions that she doesn't know anything about Baam and looked at him as nothing more than a kid.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Where is the evidence that Rachel doesn't know every single thing about Baam and the cave?

it was told many times that rachel is nothing more than his first freind . 

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I am not saying that it's his real birthday. Just that Rachel decided upon meeting him that this date will be his birthday and that it will also serve as his name. Sounds well more possible to me than it being the date of some special event or something like that. Rachel showed on numerous occasions that she doesn't know anything about Baam and looked at him as nothing more than a kid.

I don't know, if I remember correctly, in the scene where Rachel appears, you can clearly see a butcher knife by her side. Not exactly something you take on a roadtrip. (But god knows what the hell was into those caves, so I justify her for now...Unless Baam is that "god knows what".)

kfi6l.jpg

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

it was told many times that rachel is nothing more than his first freind . 

That's just what Baam himself thinks, and he doesn't really know anything.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

That's just what Baam himself thinks, and he doesn't really know anything.

you do remember when rachel was talking to headon . she kept calling him ''that kid'' like he's way lower than her so i dont think she knows him that much except the part she raised him

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

you do remember when rachel was talking to headon . she kept calling him ''that kid'' like he's way lower than her so i dont think she knows him that much except the part she raised him

That's because she's legit crazy. She also said "Baam took everything from me." So she at the very least knows more than we do.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

That's because she's legit crazy. She also said "Baam took everything from me." So she at the very least knows more than we do.

We don't know what happened before they climbed the Tower. It is possible that Baam made a terrible mistake or something like that caused Rachel to broke.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

We don't know what happened before they climbed the Tower. It is possible that Baam made a terrible mistake or something like that caused Rachel to broke.

well why hurt him now? why not do something about him while in the cave, pretty simple she wanted to climb the tower,l  i guess we will find out her story soon but i hope she doesn't turn out good in end...... 

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

well why hurt him now? why not do something about him while in the cave, pretty simple she wanted to climb the tower,l  i guess we will find out her story soon but i hope she doesn't turn out good in end...... 

Seeing as we do not know what happened before their climbing (Ex : Rachel saying Baam taking everything), maybe she could not or would not, until Yu Hang Sung taught her the way.

Just my wild guess though. :/

Shinsoo Beam

Shinsoo Beam

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationR.D

..i am the only one that thinks that, "everything that he took away from her" is related to how she wants to "climb the tower to see the stars" and how headon told her she was not chosen but he did...

Dude

Dude

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

We don't know what happened before they climbed the Tower. It is possible that Baam made a terrible mistake or something like that caused Rachel to broke

my theory is that when the guy who grabbed rachels hair in the earlier chapters baam went berserk and used some power to beat him up or something like that it would explain why rachel is scared of him

but since we are talking about siu its gonna be something way more awesome and i will look forward to it being explained :batoto_029:

cryberry

cryberry

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Locationout and about

I am all the more curious about the story behind baam's confinement and rachel's 'finding' him. but i think we will only know after a long, long time.

hungryqueen

hungryqueen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 242 posts

I am all the more curious about the story behind baam's confinement and rachel's 'finding' him. but i think we will only know after a long, long time.

For all you know, even if Rachel rejoins Baam, she might not start talking about some of these stuff until much later. SIU is just gonna dangle the tidbits in front of us while he hides the tasty treat for later. :P 

Spoiler

99 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 99 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 98 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

98 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 98 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 97 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

Q: Since Yuri was with Wingtree, is she also a part of Wingtree? How can you get into Wingtree?

Spoiler

A: As mentioned on my blog, Wingtree is the complete opposite of the Tower's monarchs. There's no way that Yuri would join Wingtree ^^; They play together because they get along well. Members are selected. Those members with more than 4 wings can recommend other rankers and regulars to Wingtree. The cadres make the confirmations. If I am to say one more, there's a person among the current regulars who become  a cadre of Wingtree in the future.

Isn't this basically a contradiction?  Yuri isn't part of Wingtree, so how can she take Kurudan's wing and offer it to Baam for recommendation?  Only members of Wingtree themselves can do that.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Isn't this basically a contradiction?  Yuri isn't part of Wingtree, so how can she take Kurudan's wing and offer it to Baam for recommendation?  Only members of Wingtree themselves can do that.

You can be mates with a lot of the people in an organisation, without actually being a part of it yourself. :) I never signed up to the Young Conservatives, but I knew a lot of people who did (and even helped them with the grammar for leaflets). <shrugs>

Loosely aligned to doesn't make you a part of or affiliated with. :) (For the record, I'm Lib Dem with a strong social democrat bent, besides: I also get on with people who are Old Labour.)

Hence: no contradiction. :) You can swipe stuff off your mates to hand to somebody else you think suits it better -- if you're a bossy boots with an entitlement complex, that is. :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 27 June 2013 - 03:37 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

hungryqueen

hungryqueen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 242 posts

Since she knows Urek, I'm quite sure she has some leeway on what she can do. 

Spoiler

99 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 99 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 98 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

98 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 98 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 97 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

Since she knows Urek, I'm quite sure she has some leeway on what she can do. 

(IRL) I'm pretty sure some people know the president, but they don't take someone's FBI badge and give it to a Mcdonald employee for recommendation.

We can debate about the translation, but my argument it should have been stated differently.

Edited by Hallelujah Overdrive, 27 June 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.