Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

no tags here

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I've been wondering when those folks would show back up. Very good, we needed the other side of the equation to make the story work.

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
So what's the ability? I mean the title of this series is Ability so surely there's a reason behind that, right? So far we have seen that Yu-Hwa's ability is his superior healing / regeneration but I can't accept that it stops there. Seeing how cool abilities creators gave to characters in Noblesse (like Blood Field), I am assuming, just like everyone else, that the ability is much more complex then simple healing/ regeneration.

Your thoughts....

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, definitely have to agree. The difference we've seen between him in his normal, "conscious" state and when he's really threatened or injured is I think a pretty telling indication that there's a lot more to his "ability" than the author has fully given us yet. So far though we're  still just being teased :D        

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

hmmm, so it look like our story is going off in some new direction now........ O_o

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
I think authors are creating as many plot elements as they can to make the story interesting. In Noblesse, the important plot elements were introduced after first 50 chapters or so, but in Ability it's totally different:

We now have the crystal mystery, Sa-Ryun & people chasing him, Hon, Jacra & salamanders, and now this new boy who has stolen something from Hon. I guess authors would focus on them later on......for now they are just expanding the world in Ability.

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yup, agreed,  a steadily escalating number of plot elements........the expectation would be they'll all begin to draw together as things develop further. Really have to give the author credit too, one thing I haven't seen yet is a boring chapter.........almost non-stop action throughout. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, 28 is a great new chapter..........looks pretty obvious that our boy is making some stride forward in the strength department.

Tn7HA0h.png

cryberry

cryberry

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Locationout and about

i love this. i was hooked after the first chapter. as expected from the creators of noblesse. ^_^

i hope the jae ho and gwang su have a good rest to return with more great comics.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

i love this. i was hooked after the first chapter. as expected from the creators of noblesse. ^_^

i hope the jae ho and gwang su have a good rest to return with more great comics.

you know, I've got to agree with you, i've liked this from very early on..........the characters and the story line/scenario are interesting and quickly create a desire to know more. Good stuff. 

though i have to admit, since i don't follow noblesse  i had no idea they were from the same people until this break :D

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts

you know, I've got to agree with you, i've liked this from very early on..........the characters and the story line/scenario are interesting and quickly create a desire to know more. Good stuff. 

though i have to admit, since i don't follow noblesse  i had no idea they were from the same people until this break :D

You don't follow Noblesse?!   :(  Why?!  I thought you started it because Ability was from Noblesse authors as it was mentioned everywhere  >_<  Please read Noblesse! 

Edited by strixflash, 18 June 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

You don't follow Noblesse?!   :(  Why?!  I thought you started it because Ability was from Noblesse authors as it was mentioned everywhere  >_<  Please read Noblesse! 

haha! nope, i can't remember for sure now but i think i just saw it when it was really early in its scanlations and wanted to try it as a "new" work.

and yeah, noblesse, i've thought about it, but i'm just not big on "pretty boy" vampires that everybody loves (story-wise i mean)...........just couldn't stand Vampire Knight because of that, and hell, i love shoujo. 

nope, i want my vampires to be monsters that everyone is looking to pound a stake into or cut their heads off or something......unless it Reiri from Kaibutsu Oujo that is :D

Spoiler

Edited by svines85, 18 June 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
Noooooooo! Well, it's not really a vampire story. While the characters looks like bishie (see my sig or avatar...that's how the art becomes later on). The leads are monsters themselves who doesn't hesitates to kill others. The bad guys are monsters when they fight even in terms of appearance. Please read it till 76th chapter and I am sure you will become a fan of it! Please!

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

That good, eh? All right, I just caught up on one so I was going to have to probably start a new title tomorrow anyways, I'll just start Noblesse then. It can't hurt to give it a try, there's certainly no arguing about its  popularity. 

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
Yay! Please tell me whether you liked it or not :D

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

yup, I'll let you know, I'm only 6-7 chapters in so far, but so far so good, an interesting set-up, lots of potential for colorful characters to emerge............besides our bishie boys :D

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
^ Actually it starts out too slow and because of this many people drops it. The real interesting stuffs starts like after Chapter 70 or so...

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

^ Actually it starts out too slow and because of this many people drops it. The real interesting stuffs starts like after Chapter 70 or so...

I'm actually enjoying the beginning quite a bit. Sure there's no action yet, but just from my view point it seems like the author is laying  a fairly "realistic" foundation for the story......both from our main character's perspective and from the support character's as well. Though yeah, our MC's so neutral thus far that it's kind of hard to get a real impression of him yet. But yeah, very good so far :)

Tn7HA0h.png

strixflash

strixflash

Potato

• Contributor
  • 198 posts
I am glad you are liking it ^^ Believe me, you won't be able to stop your excitement once you reach Ch. 76 or 77 ;) It gets epic from there on :) You will see that it's completely different from your usual shonen .

Noblesse Forever!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I am glad you are liking it ^^ Believe me, you won't be able to stop your excitement once you reach Ch. 76 or 77 ;) It gets epic from there on :) You will see that it's completely different from your usual shonen .

oh, very cool. I'm around chapter 20 or so right now I think............I actually read 4-6 titles at a time as far as "archives".........and then only read a chapter or two a day of them. Just my thing, I find it keeps me from over-doing it and getting burned out..........I put Trace down for mooonths after getting overwhelmed by reading too much....so yeah, I try not to do that anymore, no matter how much I like the title.  And I find myself wanting to read more of Noblesse each time, so yeah, definitely a good sign of how much I'm liking something when I'm holding myself back. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

The Last Melody

The Last Melody

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationWierd Quoteland

I'll also add that Noblesse is pretty good, I like all the chapters that's come out so far, and if the beginning was bad, I wouldnt even read it :P

I am sorry for being alive
A habit I keep on saying
I've always been softly complaining
A meaningless existence

I am sorry for being alive
A habit I keep on saying
I've always been softly complaining
A boring existence