Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33874 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I've been feeling kinda sick today (and last night), too. Though my kidneys feel more or less regularly malleable.

Spoiler

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

feel better

i started to get some mysterious headaches in the blood vessel that goes through the middle of the forehead and near the eyes

wonder why that happened

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Oh, hiya prince of darkness!

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hello

long time

no see

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

22 before I forget happy easter for those who want to celebrate it... for me, I need a resurrection

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Happy bunny day!

/)/)
(. .)
(")(")

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

happy egg day

oh now i want to eat a sweet chocolate thing

Edited by penrosecat, 22 April 2019 - 07:06 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

25 mee too

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I have eaten several sweet chocolate things ~w~ (In today's edition of "Pokari is nonetheless a spoiled child"—my parents gave me a bag of easter candy >w<)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

ポカリはそれでも甘えん坊 - My new light novel (not)

I am amused by Google translate's mis-translation, though. (Man, I have no idea how Google Translate works these days—it's obviously not word-for-word translation anymore but it seems to just arbitrarily drop and even sometimes add stuff)

Edit: Wait, after I poked at it a few times with related phrases—or maybe after I changed physical location, work vs. home—I swear it changed it's translation on me to be more correct. Either it's crazy or I am oAo;;

Edit edit: Woah, no. The difference is whether I type "translate ポカリはそれでも甘えん坊" in the search bar (whereupon google gives a decent translation) or whether I search "translate" and type the same thing in the identical-looking (but interactive, unlike the other one) translation widget.

Edited by pokari, 23 April 2019 - 08:22 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

wow u got a light novel named after u

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
In case I really was being too obtuse, I was just translating my own self-commentary in the previous post into Japanese because I thought it sounded kind of like an LN name.

(29)

It's interesting how putting a summary of the plot-hook (or central tropes) in the title has become an LN convention. I mean, it makes a lot of sense to just say it like it is, so long as you're willing to abandon even the most basic pretence of artistic merit (which I suppose many LNs are, for good or ill).

Edited by pokari, 23 April 2019 - 10:05 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
30 I saw some pretty interesting anime’s these couple of days

The first is called towanoquan, a dystopian sci-fi six part series involving people who can activate special powers and scientists who capture them for study. The two characters towa and quon are brothers who have the biggest power of them all
I wasn’t expecting much but it turned out to be better than expected

The second is called violet evergarden which is about a former child soldier turned into a maid service/letter writer. Apparently they dress up and answer to the calls of others who need to write letters and for whatever reason don’t want to write it themselves
It shows me how people with ptsds can cure themselves

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Oh, I think I vaguely remember watching the first part or so of Towa no Quon a long time ago and also thinking it was A ) not quite what I was expecting and B ) pretty nice. The episodes came out really slowly so I lost track of it at some point, I think is what happened.

I should go back and find it again at some point. oxo

Violet Evergarden I know I quite liked the first... Half? Two-thirds?—of the first episode, but the letter-writing stuff was too weird for me. It's hard to put my finger on what bothered me so strongly... I might go so far as to say that thinking too much about writing emotional letters for other people triggers my social anxiety in some way? Hm.

Edited by pokari, 29 April 2019 - 06:52 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

32 actually it only got interesting after the first two thirds. Maybe it was episode 9 where they showed her as the Maiden of Death on the battlefield. I actually liked her more when she was taking names tho.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

That sounds reasonable.

Basically, I was totally into the serious take on "born-in-battle child to whom normal life is alien, and must now integrate into society" part of the premise, but I found the letter stuff cringey. (I think I only made it through the end of the first episode and maybe part of the second so my evaluation is not necessarily fair)

And yeah, she seemed like a pretty cool badass. I mean, that's kind of necessary for the story to be what it is, isn't it? If she didn't take to war like a fish to water, there couldn't be the feeling of loss and displacement as the rug gets pulled out from under her. If she wasn't more awesome on the battlefield, you can't address one of the non-PTSD traumas of coming home from war—the simple loss of identity and competency once you're no longer fighting.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

34 I don't know if you've ever seen the series gunslinger girls, which is adapted from the manga with a similar theme (eg cyborg adolescent girls with programming to make them love their handlers and take out Italian terrorists which are probably funded by US CIA to destabilize democratically elected governments in post-war European countries) 

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

35 watched the first couple episodes of tale of zesteria anime yesterday, was quite decent actually, better than the game

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh? Then I might try that. The last time I tried a Tales anime it was horrible, and I never felt particularly attracted to the game series itself either, so it'd be nice to have a good place to start(?)

When I watched gunslinger girls I was young enough that it was just kind of... Cool, confusing and depressing XD

I probably wouldn't watch it now; I'm by now inherently wary of anything with a "girl ensemble" cast in the first place, and with one thing and another it's just too fetishized for me to find it palatable (regardless of whatever points it might be making).

I'm also just generally less inclined to watch anything depressing. Once upon a time in my youth I found dark and depressing series kind of interesting, in moderation at least, but as I got older they just become... Well, depressing XD