Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33863 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

37 strange, i didn't find it particularly depressing; a bit on the girly emo side but in their case it's justified, since they're brainwashed into loving their senpais

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Not sure if trolling? owo;

I mean, it's been like more than a decade since I watched it, but my recollection was that they were effectively in a profession that didn't allow them to have friends outside of their brainwashed circles and stuck seeking effectively abusive affection...

I'm pretty sure it was depressing owo;;;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

39 wait you did watch the anime/read the manga? they had traumatic experiences like rape so they have to be brainwashed/reprogrammed 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh, so you were being sarcastic. Yeah, my sarcasm detector remains the budget model that it always has been.

I don't remember that part in particular *shrug* Like I said, it's been a while. I remember the general gist and a couple details of the premise, the mood of the series, a couple specific characters, and maybe like six specific moments.

It did leave an impression, though. ^^;

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

am i doing myself a favour or just missing out by not reading all the depressing manga

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Doing yourself a favour. *hugs*

I don't read them myself anymore, it took me a while to realize that.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

ohh owo;; that's nice then

Good night~

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Nigh' night ^^

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
45 U should so read depressing manga
Makes you happy to know there’s someone else worse off than you

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I've heard such theories floated before but that's definitely never been how it works for me. >_>;

If I was already having a hard time, I just end up feeling bad for the characters and myself. Even then, that's not to say there's nothing to be said for, say, the resolving power of catharsis (if the work does in fact have catharsis) but the net effect still tends to be against my favour.

Edited by pokari, 05 May 2019 - 11:20 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

yep 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

https://mangadex.org/title/36140/isekai-de-mofumofu-nadenade-suru-tame-ni-ganbattemasu

This author is my new hero. <3 Just for this series, I mean; I don't know anything about anything else they might have written

Edited by pokari, 08 May 2019 - 03:51 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

49 i do like the start, where it shows the fmc dying from work... karoushiiiiii 

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 09 May 2019 - 04:14 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

50 ;_;

When your computer swallow your files and they disappear - why?????

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Your files have eloped and are now living very happily together as they celebrate their honeymoon in Tijuana—as their former guardian you have to be understanding about such things and wish them well or you'll never be a good parent.

uwu

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

52 i think it's microsoft's fault

(this was on my dad's computer, and I was loading pictures into it, and then after the import, he logged off and log back in and the files vanished)

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 09 May 2019 - 07:56 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

53 tired

tfw your brain is fresh but body is week

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 10 May 2019 - 05:35 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I'm more often the other way 'round, I think oxo;

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

I think I need to get some organic apples
I’ve been eating the apple peels for a while now and it’s good
My only concern is whether they’ve got glysophate on their skin which has all sorts of effects on your gut causing leaky gut

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

A quick read-up on Wikipedia on glysophate would seem to indicate that the pesticide permeates the plant and that avoiding surface contact would be a futile effort regardless...? I could be misreading, though, I'm sleepy.

I do tend to prefer orange peels from the oranges in the backyard when making candied orange peels, but apples enough people eat the skin of (like—most everyone?) that I expect them to have no more nasty chemicals on the surface than, say, vegetables would.

Edited by pokari, 11 May 2019 - 06:52 AM.