Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33875 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

79 laifu 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I am not yet ready to face the world today. :/

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

81 any more than yesterday or tomorrow

but is anyone?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Well, today was one of those days where—for no particular reason—I just wanted to stay home and watch the clouds go by.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
83 rain clouds
That’s kinda cool a change of pace
Did you and did you like it

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 30 January 2019 - 03:52 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Unfortunately this tale ends in tragedy; I went to work and had a normal day.

Today I have off, though. Although I am not as much in the whimsical-ennui state today. On the plus side, my grandmother is here visiting from the east coast today, so that's nice.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
85 wow grandma can fly
My grandma can’t
She barely can walk

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
86 can’t slep
Rain too loud

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
This particular Grandma is in better shape than me in some ways. This is not completely shocking as she's lead a very active and healthy lifestyle, but she's still kind of impressive.

However, my great-aunt on the other side takes the cake in the flying-at-an-old-age department, I think, given that I hear she flew a plane on her 95th birthday (she's over 100 now and I believe that was the last time she flew a plane but apparently she's still an excellent driver, extremely by-the-book, which I guess makes sense for a retired pilot).

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

81 any more than yesterday or tomorrow

but is anyone?

88 and because nobody else is prepared either, step outside with confident and you're already better than 100% of people you're about to meet

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Based entirely upon empirical evidence, I think that many if not most people are better prepared to face the world on a daily basis that myself XD

I appreciate the words of encouragement, though :'3

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Based entirely upon empirical evidence, I think that many if not most people are better prepared to face the world on a daily basis that myself XD

I appreciate the words of encouragement, though :'3

They're also faking it, but if you fake it, THEY won't know YOU'RE faking (like you rn)

more like, who cares how well prepared anyone else is

if i'm the best, then i'm the best, that's it

~tsundere service

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

91 i believe writing does in fact take out a lot of anxiety. It gives form to reality, some would argue that language is the ultimate form reality.

but is the written form superior to the spoken form? Is the static form superior to the temporal one? The French deconstructionists seem to want to prioritize the written over the spoken. Or does it make a "differance"? In other cultures the oral tradition is more important than the written one. The debate in the vedaic tradition between what is seen and what's heard, the shruti and smriti, comes to mind. And all this comes to back to the point - what is reality? what is "real" life? Do we live in a "real" life?

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 01 February 2019 - 05:50 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

arent there 3-4 pillars of meaning? they are: purpose, belonging, contentment(??) and something else

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Less philosophically, we know there are people who absorb information better verbally and those who absorb better from written sources, and I think even a few who learn best from tactile sources where it is possible.

And there are those who learn more easily from theory and those who learn more adeptly from practice...

And so there is perhaps is no one "best" form where human expression is involved, because humans are squishy and irregular and have different optimal operating conditions.

As for language being the ultimate form of reality—that sounds like a bunch of hooey; reality wouldn't appear to need animals, much less language, to exist. But it is true that our individual imperfect perception of reality is heavily—maybe even predominantly—shaped by ideas from other people, transferred through the imperfect (yet still remarkably effective) vehicle of language.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
94 Is spending time dealing with people tiring or what

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

It is, often :/

Particularly for introverts such as our(?)selves.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

96 a nice night of sleep generally cures things for me

so this morning i felt like there was a wave of stickiness around me

suddenly recalls something i read in a biography about an author who had depression that it felt like drowning in water

started to breath in and out deeply, concentrating just on breathing

seemed to have help a bit

emotional self regulation 

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 04 February 2019 - 06:53 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

trust is hard, and often unwanted as it demands trust in return. Also the fact that you're always watching behind your back for others...perhaps it would be healthier if we all had assigned "friends" on the interwebs, and stopped interacting IRL altogether.

Maybe all those "moments" that we live for don't really mean anything, but what is the larger context that all the IQ kids are searching for? Not like discovering theorems make your life any more meaningful, and hence we reach out to the conclusions of distinguished philosophers for meaning. Wait, if we think about them in times like this, does it make their lives any more meaningful? Thus the quote from another famous guy, "It is not death we fear, but the unknown in dying itself. In death there is peace."

Personally, I hate people who think about thinking. Is hate just a manifestation of admiration to a self humiliating extent? Probably not, because there are still people I hate enough to use the word hate, or whatever.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

trust is hard, and often unwanted as it demands trust in return.

My recollection is that studies have mostly shown that trust given freely tends towards having positive effects, emotional and otherwise. Although the studies I'm thinking of might have been boss-to-subordinate and peer-to-peer trust only. (Which doesn't mean it's not hard and complicated.)

Also the fact that you're always watching behind your back for others...perhaps it would be healthier if we all had assigned "friends" on the interwebs, and stopped interacting IRL altogether.

Honey are you okay? :/

Proximal humans are demonstrably better on average for human happiness, both scientifically and anecdotally.

But if you need an online friend for anything, I'm here.

Thus the quote from another famous guy, "It is not death we fear, but the unknown in dying itself. In death there is peace."

...I would like to refute this statement and say it's the effective certainty of ceasing-of-existence that I fear. Not the unknown. There's really not much unknown in dying. You just stop, and never start again.

Is hate just a manifestation of admiration to a self humiliating extent?

That would seem to be just one of many possible proximal causes for hate. For instance, if I hate you because you used all the toilet paper and didn't replace it and now I'm trapped in the bathroom, admiration is definitely not how I would describe that feeling. uwu

In other news,

Just in case, take some free hugs *hugs*