Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Count to 100 before the Staff and Company post

• Please log in to reply
33867 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

uwahuwahuwah

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

1 reset 

ahhhhhhh

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

amtrak train

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I have fond childhood memories of cross-country Amtrack trains.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
4 they had a buy one get one free valentines special

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I wonder if this is the off-season for cross-country train rides.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
6 hmm

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

My stomach hurts. I wanna go home :/

(It's not that bad, I'm just complaining in the vague presence of people I care about because doing so is comforting.)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
8 u haven’t had decent rest after meals I bet
Should take the time to make sure you rest while and after eating

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Thanks~

Though I don't think that was the problem in this case ^^

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
10 gundam nt narrative hype

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
But will it be as good as Windows NT

Dear god I just realized the reference I'm making is 20 years old. Halp.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

os/2 ftw

i'm also gonna try fasting today

i ended up with an ultrasound appointment in the afternoon (1.40pm) and they don't let you eat (or drink much too) so I thought, why not, just go all the way and see what happens 

supposedly there is this enzyme call igh1  which causes cells to grow too quickly

it is caused by eating protein 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

supposedly there is this enzyme call igh1 which causes cells to grow too quickly

it is caused by eating protein

"caused by eating protein" is about as useful a statement as "caused by drinking water".

Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is a hormone that, along with growth hormone (GH), helps promote normal bone and tissue growth and development.

So, not something you want to get rid of then. Seems like there's a lot of talk about how much is good and how much is too much, right now, though.

Just do drink some water if you start to feel dizzy or some such; dehydration is bad.

Actually, wait—ultrasound? Definitely do drink water, it's totally possible to literally have an ultrasound fail because you are too dehydrated and for some procedures I think they advise you to drink extra even.

(Of course hopefully you weren't talking about water when you said fasting in the first place but fasting is such an umbrella term so one never knows)

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

yeah the results for my liver came in and yes, it's still fatty

doctor tells me to lose another 10 -15 lbs on top the 10 i lost, like, it's the easiest thing to lose weight in the world.

I HAVE TO STARVE MYSELF

That gene came from a bbc show I saw on youtube here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs&t=1702s

Supposedly the thing is like putting the gas on the pedal and making your cells generate new ones instead of simply repairing the old ones. hmmmm

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Literally starving yourself, of course, would be worse for you than fatty liver (which my doctor also bothered me about, though not recently; chronic stomach pain as it turns out is a much better motivator to lose weight than more abstract longevity stuff :/)

Unfortunately our bodies are stupid-ish and start digesting important tissues before they finish working their way through all the fat, if one eats too little. Who even designed these mortal vessels...

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

14 forgot to count opps

i've never heard of chronic stomach pain would be cured by losing weight... are you sure it's not a byproduct of something else? like gallbladder cysts? 

i think it's good that the body try to recycle by eating some of the old stuff.  

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Acid reflux is technically not "stomach" pain, it's true. It tends to feel like it for me, however.

As for "recycling", the issue is more that it's not the "old" stuff that gets 'et, but rather the stuff that's currently running things :|

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

oh man i was so busy this whole week

and it kept building up till the end of today 

thank god for extended deadlines

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I definitely like the shojou isekais a lot better on average.

I read https://mangadex.org/title/23013/the-vengeful-white-cat-lounging-on-the-dragon-king-s-lap today and I really quite liked it, even though the plot really hasn't gone anywhere as such. It's just got such comfy bits strewn here and there.

Edited by pokari, 25 February 2019 - 05:17 AM.