Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr Lynn Okamoto discussion

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Warfoki

Warfoki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHungary
Judging by the author, there'll be lots to talk about here later on. So to keep the comments section spoiler free, here's a discussion thread for you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

zombiechicken

zombiechicken

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted Image

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Superhumans and the hunt for them? Sounds familiar. Nevertheless I'm liking this so far.

sig-1.png

AshokaTheGreat

AshokaTheGreat

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • LocationThe internet. Actually, no, I'm a bunch of letters on your screen that may or may not originate from a person who acts a little different when talking to you face to face. Can be found at the D2 Brigade, MAL, on twitter and on tvTropes (mainly the ToG page).
Yeah, cute superpowered girls abused by scientists for military purposes actually sounds pretty much like Elfen Lied.
I see a lot of material that will make us cringe, and a lot of asshole adults that will appear.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
Seems like after chapter 5 things will really begin...

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Yeah, cute superpowered girls abused by scientists for military purposes actually sounds pretty much like Elfen Lied.
I see a lot of material that will make us cringe, and a lot of asshole adults that will appear.

Yeah well they were both done by the same author and serialized in Weekly Young Jump. There were a lot of things I liked about Elfen Lied and the themes that it expressed but I was a bit disappointed of how the plot spread out.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
I honestly think the start has been a little bit meh. Sure we've seen some action right from the start, but Lynn has been cramming in redundant info (like the whole "plank of Carneades" and "prime factor decompositions" and what not) to try to make Ryouta seem as smart as possible, and it feels a bit contrived and not quite story-affecting.

...I guess that since I'm used to how Lynn makes his stories, I'm a bit anxious for the assholes and the rapists to turn up already. Haha, aha, ha. >_>

Edited by Horn, 13 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.

UIqflpq.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

I honestly think the start has been a little bit meh. Sure we've seen some action right from the start, but Lynn has been cramming in redundant info (like the whole "plank of Carneades" and "prime factor decompositions" and what not) to try to make Ryouta seem as smart as possible, and it feels a bit contrived and not quite story-affecting.

That may be for people who don't know what it is, but it is a series in Weekly Young Jump (which was made for adult readers). I don't know, I personally looked it up and found it interesting.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
I wonder what going to happen when they try to get the medicine. I have high exceptions for this story. It one of those story that prove quality isn't dead yet.

AstarQ

AstarQ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe World God Only Knows
Ryouta Despair...

Spoiler

DaburuO

DaburuO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUS
Characters resembles characters from Nononono a lot while story is similar to Elfen Lied, we don't know her abilites which we'll find out next chapter. Why aren't more people posting discussions here...

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
I'm guessing it's because the manga's still in its early stages.

I'm curious what the AA magician's second magic is. We've only seen her slashing stuff so far.

sig-1.png

Irecinius

Irecinius

Potato

• Members
  • 185 posts
Its illusion~ everyone thinks she's dead, but she aint.. :) since she is a nice gal and all

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
If the answer here is "clones", I'm gonna be a little disappointed, because that feels like a much too obvious and easy solution. With Lynn, I'm expecting something a bit more intricate. But the apparent fact remains that she can - sorry, Shirou - survive even though she's killed...

UIqflpq.jpg

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
No I think it has something to do with how Kuroneko survived the fall in the first place.....maybe they are all dead human beings revived through some method.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
So, what you're basically saying is...they're zombies?

sig-1.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

So, what you're basically saying is...they're zombies?

I'm not concluding anything, but it seems they seem to be some type of machinery.....
of course, Kuroneko might not have died in the first place and just operated on, but by the flow of the plot, it seems they were revived.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Well, we saw her getting ripped to shreds. Zombie or machine, it'd be kind of difficult to get up from that.

sig-1.png

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts

Well, we saw her getting ripped to shreds. Zombie or machine, it'd be kind of difficult to get up from that.

Well this is manga so you can always make some excuse as long as the plot hole doesn't run deep enough to ruin the setting. Was her neck and head intact when shred into parts? Or maybe they don't truly die until their bodies run out of chemicals for the medicine they take in. Their bodies do deteriorate like crazy and start bleeding everywhere if they don't take medication for an extended period time and then their bodies become wholy intact with no sign of damage after taking the medicine. Maybe the same will apply even after being ripped to shreds.

Edited by Saphsin, 19 March 2012 - 09:35 PM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
It would be funny if their bodies can function even when separated. Ryuota would hold Neko's talking head and just run away.

Edited by Katsuri, 19 March 2012 - 09:05 PM.

sig-1.png