Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

New manga site like bato.to

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Guest_evan0512_von_Kartoffel

Guest_evan0512_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Improvements to layout will come after feature requests.

This is coming.

Is on the to fix list. Give us time :(

Is manga dex is batoto ex staff who build it?

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts

They got batoto's db. No idea if any mods from batoto went to mangadex. I assume mandadex was passed the flame.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

thanks sir/maam ixlone for making the mangadex... just saying...

Deris

Deris

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Bato was a great site that I'm sure took way more work to maintain than we will ever know. Thank you MangaDex for stepping up and grabbing the bull by the horns for all us Manga addicts. You rock!

Syri

Syri

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 13 posts

Firstly, thanks for getting mangadex up and running in such a short time, I'm sure it's been quite tough to get that much done in the time given.

I do have a suggestion for when the time comes to start working on such things though. When a series is marked as complete, could there be a separate status for series that are completely uploaded or not? And maybe an optional counter to say how many chapters/volumes there are? So for example, "Completed 5 volumes (30 chapters) - Not fully uploaded", "Completed one-shot - not uploaded", "Ongoing - Fully uploaded"... Just a small suggestion that could make things easier at a glance. I know such things are low priority though, and it may be more complicated to implement than would be worth bothering with.

Also, regarding the adult titles, I think I would say firstly to look at the line between slightly ecchi, and fully adult titles (fully adult being more than just a little fan service though I admit it may be tough to draw a line as a lot of opinions will differ), and maybe consider fully adult titles being on a different site, as some ISPs may start blocking the site for hosting adult content without any restrictions in place. I would certainly consider making registration a requirement to display any such titles.

lupus_in_fabula

lupus_in_fabula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Is on the to fix list. Give us time :(

It's ok. I don't want to undermine what you all are doing. Thank you and keep up the good work.  :)

str8_an94baller

str8_an94baller

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

For anti adblock you need this script to "protect" your browser: https://reek.github.io/anti-adblock-killer/

I believe android runs the full version of mobile firefox, so you can use that. For iOS I believe there are manga apps that have a paid ad-removal feature that you can "buy" using LocalAPStore (jailbreak).

You should also consider reporting websites which still breaches the protection filter at easylist forum and reek's github.

garamero

garamero

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

There is a german site called proxer.me. It has a similar feeling to bato.to from the community.

asdfblarg

asdfblarg

Newbie Mod

• Contrib Mods
  • 78 posts

No, Staff is not involved in any direct development of the site.

I am, however, personally helping out indirectly with suggestions and helping the users on their discord server.

No other staff besides me is involved in any way with mangadex and I am not helping as an official staff either.

Mangadex discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Y2YKXUP

They got batoto's db. No idea if any mods from batoto went to mangadex. I assume mandadex was passed the flame.

Close but not entirely correct. Let me clear some things up!

Mangadex was NOT given the official Batoto database. A 3rd party individual has done a personal webscrap of the comics pages on this site and created a JSON of the metadata.

This is not a DB but contains enough metadata to work with. This is up on the Batoto discord for the public as it is not offical data or up to date.

Batoto discord: https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy

I personally notified Hologfx about the existence of the data and passed it to him while mentioning that it'd be good to merge the database while the mangadex image servers were down instead of later.

However, this is good enough to work with for the meantime and helps smooth the process for importing batoto follows to mangadex which is being worked on.

We are not endorsing Mangadex or any of the other replacement sites at the moment!

We are merely watching from the sidelines for now. Furthermore, there are several other manga site projects in the works at the moment that are not ready yet.

Hopefully this helps give you guys a clearer idea of whats going on. Please feel free to ask me any questions here or on the Batoto discord. Or just come on in and chat :)

P.S. update from a few days ago: https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28936-batoto-backup/#entry1858763

Feel free to look for me on the discord for anything.

Batoto Discord Link: https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
^^ Thanks for the info... and how it was delivered :)

Mangadex is looking really good so far from a user perspective. After the rest of the features already mentioned have been added, it's hard to imagine a better site.
Only thing that could slow mangadex is;
- No forum atm
- Scanlators end up preferring another site because of X feature.
- Batoto's manga trove of 6TB

I added mangadex to that greasemonkey script for MU

Edited by SushiAddiction, 24 January 2018 - 07:08 PM.

Can't get enough Isekai? Check out the Isekai list for every manga on batoto. Follow for updates.

Pokefairy

Pokefairy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Are we going to be able to import our follows list soon? I don't want to let updates slip through the cracks but it's fine, take your time!

asdfblarg

asdfblarg

Newbie Mod

• Contrib Mods
  • 78 posts

Are we going to be able to import our follows list soon? I don't want to let updates slip through the cracks but it's fine, take your time!

Both sites are working on it. export your follows list in json and csv for now. Having all 4 files can't hurt.

From my current knowledge, mangadex dev is prefering csv and manga.sh dev is preferring json. 

There is some sort of 3rd party method for importing follows on mangadex but its not offical and i heard it takes some time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/7s45q9/import_your_batoto_follows_into_mangadex_with/

Haven't used it myself since 3900 follows would take quite some time, but ppl have said it works for them.

Updates have already been slipping the cracks unfortunately. :(

Mangadex's batoto data is from Jan 15th or so.

Feel free to look for me on the discord for anything.

Batoto Discord Link: https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy

Kappa Nanpa

Kappa Nanpa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNDG

Nooooooo! where will i rant against shitty isekai ! I'm kinda heartbroken, I really don't want to search for another site... F*** ! No way!  I just lost my sleepyness now...

This is kinda crazy, i dont know if i can take all that thing again... The same as other beloved site i got years ago it's really crushing...

Well....pfffffffff Thanks for all my batoto mates,  thanks for some years of manga hapiness... maybe we will met somewere else ... fuck i'm crying

---------

Kisses

SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
This works great for keeping up with manga releases. I keep mangaupdates in a pinned tab.

If you have a full reading list from batoto in plain text, it can be batch imported to mangaupdates.

see https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/28252-isekai-list/page-4#entry1858077

No need to create a new list. Just dump everything in your reading list

then install;
- tampermonkey (see next link, it has instructions on how to install)
- https://github.com/loadletter/mangaupdates-urlfix
- https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/37724-manga-updates-external-links2

Edited by SushiAddiction, 24 January 2018 - 07:10 PM.

Pokefairy

Pokefairy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Both sites are working on it. export your follows list in json and csv for now. Having all 4 files can't hurt.

From my current knowledge, mangadex dev is prefering csv and manga.sh dev is preferring json. 

There is some sort of 3rd party method for importing follows on mangadex but its not offical and i heard it takes some time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/7s45q9/import_your_batoto_follows_into_mangadex_with/

Haven't used it myself since 3900 follows would take quite some time, but ppl have said it works for them.

Updates have already been slipping the cracks unfortunately. :(

Mangadex's batoto data is from Jan 15th or so.

Thank you so much! I have only 650 comics so I should be fine, probably. Hopefully you'll get everything in order too. 

It's a shame about the lost updates, but I've been trying to catch them. Never before have I related to someone from the gold rush so much :')

RealHounder2014

RealHounder2014

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

Luckily, I keep my follow list fairly clean, so only had a couple hundred to do. I jujst manually went through mangadex's list once the db was done and got everything followed. Only difference really so far is that the word "The" actually counts there. So, where "The Duke" was listed in the "D"'s on my list, it is listed in the "T"'s in mangadex.

Kiriha

Kiriha

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I can't really feel that mangadex is the go to replacement for batoto solely because it openly host r18 stuffs. Personally i don' really mind it but i'm sure i would hestitate if i want to share a NSFW site to my friends or family. Well, actually there's another minor issue too. My ISP automatically blocked mangadex because it have r18 stuff lol.

It's a good site tho so just ignore my rambling.

Guest_Moodyz_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Moodyz_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Best of luck to the MangaDex crew. I know it's still early days and there's a ton of suggestions one can offer, but for now I'll just say that I like the lean front page layout and I hope it stays as lean as possible even as features get added. There's enough bloat on the intrawebz already. Good show, chaps.

Guest_Shyning_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Shyning_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Went on MangaDex as well.

Plenty of work to do, but the team is active and well known around. If AniDex speaks to anyone here, then you know who's running the gears.

Confident they can do something great. If people aren't into the R18 stuff, know it's by default hidden. Maybe they'll do a sister-website hosting the R18 stuff, for now it's unsure how it'll be worked upon. Feel free to join their Discord as seen above already.

If you have any suggestions, it's time to get'em accross !

Asbarto

Asbarto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I feel like the better direction to take would be to move the option to opt in or out of R18 stuff into the user preferences and not blatantly advertise it on the front page, while of course turning it off by default (If the R18 content is not separated from the main site content via a different website).

This would serve two purposes; keeps it out of the public eye away from the front page, and locks it behind the wall known as a user account. This way R18 content is not openly advertised and only accessible by those who agree to the site terms (Which should also be blatantly visible on the same page you setup your account on, when selecting the option to create a user account). Would be more like a placebo, though, and not sure if it'd be difficult or not to implement.

... first post is regarding R18 content. Yay!