Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

New manga site like bato.to

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

remlei

remlei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

just signed up on mangadex now.

I just hope that the server is a little bit faster if loading images, it seems that its stuck at 1mbit download speed, while batoto utilize my 100mbit connection just fine.

And having a dedicated tab for follow list is a welcome feature.... or rather a must for us readers who follow more than 50+ manga.

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts

Honestly, right now MangaRock has the 1 feature I wanted -- which is "What is recently popular!?" , so I am going to take a closer look at it than MangaDex.
That being said, since I at least know that Dex was just established, I can expect some features to be added. Like "recently popular in the last 6 hours", thumbnail previews and actually having comments enabled, which is something that mangaRock is also missing right now.

Time will tell, eh.

Thumbnails are planned already, popular, random manga, etc are on the list too.

Comments are enabled.

just signed up on mangadex now.

I just hope that the server is a little bit faster if loading images, it seems that its stuck at 1mbit download speed, while batoto utilize my 100mbit connection just fine.

And having a dedicated tab for follow list is a welcome feature.... or rather a must for us readers who follow more than 50+ manga.

The server is on a 1gb/s connection and pages are loading instantly almost for me on my 300mb/s connection.

remlei

remlei

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

well i guess the server is located somewhere in EU or something, since im getting full speed on US and nearby asian servers.

discordscanlations

discordscanlations

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

look up mangadex

mrblue

mrblue

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Can anyone upload to mangadex? or do you want to do it yourself/ let groups do it themselves? and what if the group who did it is now dead?

Edited by mrblue, 20 January 2018 - 08:33 AM.

yanaeska

yanaeska

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Add Show all pages!!!!!

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts

Can anyone upload to mangadex? or do you want to do it yourself/ let groups do it themselves? and what if the group who did it is now dead?

Yeah anyone can upload. Recommended way to upload atm is FTP. Contact me on our Discord for the details if you want to upload.

Groups work will be assigned to that group and control of the files given to them.

Dead groups... Control will rest with the system/uploader unless someone from the group comes to claim them.

Edited by ixlone, 20 January 2018 - 12:29 PM.

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

is it ok now to make account on mangadex?... just asking...

Yu Ominae

Yu Ominae

Fingerling Potato

• Balikatan Group Scans
  • 54 posts

Asking if either the two sites have all the manga image stuff and the like uploaded... 

I don't one think that I have some of the copies I uploaded before.

HermesPasser

HermesPasser

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

MangaDex: How about show just the last release of each manga in home page?

HidenKage

HidenKage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

What I would love to see from Mangadex is a feature to filter by genre :batoto_027:

Nami

Nami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHouston

I've got everything up and going with Manga Rock now, but I'm pulling for MangaDex.

As soon as that site is a little more fleshed out, and I can easily find the manga I'm looking for on it (my first test was Shishunki Bitter Change, which I couldn't pull up), I'll probably be reading everything there like I was on Batoto.

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

hey about mangakakalot.com, i just noticed that when i read manga or look at manga the link changed to manganelo.com/somethingsomething... is that normal?...

also, why can't i connect to mangarock.com?...

edit:about mangarock, i just entered the site... seems the site is a little bit lag to me...

Edited by zetsuravez, 21 January 2018 - 06:08 PM.

lupus_in_fabula

lupus_in_fabula

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Mangadex: I can read chapterd uploaded up to 2 days ago. Almost everything loaded 2 days ago and older seems to be broken.

Duodecimus

Duodecimus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Mangadex: I can read chapterd uploaded up to 2 days ago. Almost everything loaded 2 days ago and older seems to be broken.

I've noticed it too, and it's been happening as long as the warning about merging Batoto manga entries has been around.

I assume that it will be resolved when that is.

Flame Haze SnS

Flame Haze SnS

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Mangahere (entire site) and Kissmanga (home page) are down. :/  Seems that ever since Batoto is gone, almost all manga sites are getting wonky.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Mangahere (entire site) and Kissmanga (home page) are down. :/  Seems that ever since Batoto is gone, almost all manga sites are getting wonky.

The machines are in mourning for the loss of their little big brother. Give them space.

Spoiler

Edited by pokari, 21 January 2018 - 10:51 PM.

CucarachaEnojada

CucarachaEnojada

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Oh man,they must be crazy trying to find a way to get those "anomymous" and "no group" scans.

ixlone

ixlone

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 20 posts

MangaDex: How about show just the last release of each manga in home page?

Improvements to layout will come after feature requests.

What I would love to see from Mangadex is a feature to filter by genre :batoto_027:

This is coming.

Is on the to fix list. Give us time :(

Pokefairy

Pokefairy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

ixlone, you're doing great, take your time. Seriously, you stepped up when no one else would, thank you!