Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

New manga site like bato.to

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

421cookies

421cookies

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationAnime no Sekai

I was redirected there too, when I checked it after reading your post. The footer said something to the effect of: All right reserved to AnyACG, 2010-2018. And the title was indeed MangaWindow (which I confess I've never heard of).
Someone on the Batoto discord (edit: a user, not anyone from the staff) had claimed that they had bought the domain (they were one of the people trying to write up a Batoto replacement). Not sure if it's the same person.

Seems like phishing site for me. Well, may it be or not, the site definitely just one of those scraper sites considering their quality.

I'm gonna stay with Mangadex on desktop and Mangalism on mobile for now.

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Locationphilippi- nevermind...

hey guyz, did anyone knows what happened to m*ngafox?...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

hey guyz, did anyone knows what happened to m*ngafox?...

Just came from there, working fine for me, what problem are you having?

Tn7HA0h.png

agent020

agent020

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 28 posts
Hello svines85, can you take a moment to look at mangalism.com? It is absolutely not perfect but quite a try. Thank you!

www.mangalism.com, nice to see you there!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hello svines85, can you take a moment to look at mangalism.com? It is absolutely not perfect but quite a try. Thank you!

Oh, I absolutely have it bookmarked and am keeping my eye on it, don't worry about that :D

Tn7HA0h.png

dannica2

dannica2

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Just wanted to share my 2nd favorite site aside batoto..

you can join m*ngatown.com

if you create an account you can bookmark (follow) a series and it will be link to your profile, (it also has tsukkomis on pages like kissmanga!)

you can even subscribe to a series and they will email you if it has an update

yes there are some ads but no redirects or pop-ups, theres a video ad at the side that you can hide later-on after it finished loading (its really small so its fine)

i love it cuz its clean, high quality, bookmarks(follows), and tsukkomis!

sad to see batoto go, i will never forget 1/18/18 now, rip batoto (but seriously i will never forget 1/18/18 cuz i got married same day lol :D)

Edited by dannica2, 02 February 2018 - 03:07 AM.

asdfblarg

asdfblarg

Newbie Mod

• Contrib Mods
  • 78 posts

I was redirected there too, when I checked it after reading your post. The footer said something to the effect of: All right reserved to AnyACG, 2010-2018. And the title was indeed MangaWindow (which I confess I've never heard of).
Someone on the Batoto discord (edit: a user, not anyone from the staff) had claimed that they had bought the domain (they were one of the people trying to write up a Batoto replacement). Not sure if it's the same person.

If you are refering to Geonode, he was joking about it. Also, I feel like his project is more of a hobby project than a serious one with regards to becoming a replacement site contender. (Which is fine. Hes doing it for fun for now.)

sad to see batoto go, i will never forget 1/18/18 now, rip batoto (but seriously i will never forget 1/18/18 cuz i got married same day lol :D)

Congratulations on your marriage!

Feel free to look for me on the discord for anything.

Batoto Discord Link: https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

Just came from there, working fine for me, what problem are you having?

it redirects me in this "http://mangazoneapp.com/"...

i found out that in their facebook page they announced that they changed their site from mangafox.sometingsomething... to fanmanga.sometingsomething... after that more people complained about getting redirect to the site i mentioned earlier... and that's where i checked the site and i confirmed that it redirects me to that site...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

it redirects me in this "http://mangazoneapp.com/"...

i found out that in their facebook page they announced that they changed their site from mangafox.sometingsomething... to fanmanga.sometingsomething... after that more people complained about getting redirect to the site i mentioned earlier... and that's where i checked the site and i confirmed that it redirects me to that site...

"fanfox" is how the reader is coming up now (where I've noticed), which yeah, I agree, something must be new going on over there, that or whatever else it might be is also indeed kinda messing with me.......it's not a big deal though other than being kind of a pain, it's being wonky with my  vpn, it keeps going back to the "this is licensed" bs when I try to access chapters/content and making me bump it (the vpn) until it fools it into letting me see all the content again :D 

Tn7HA0h.png

Duodecimus

Duodecimus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Are any of the new sites working on something like Batoto's old follows, where they would remember the last read chapter?

That's basically my only need at this point. Dunno how people stay on top of 600+ comics with the new releases system.

Himawarisan

Himawarisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAsia
Did you guys see the new bato.to domain? Who's uploading all the chapters there?

Hasya

Hasya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

Tachiyomi is a good app

Its available on github

But its not like batoto.

Yu Ominae

Yu Ominae

Fingerling Potato

• Balikatan Group Scans
  • 54 posts

Looks like I need to find a way to get my uploaded stuff again since I deleted them from my drive a long time ago...

c4on

c4on

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Are any of the new sites working on something like Batoto's old follows, where they would remember the last read chapter?

That's basically my only need at this point. Dunno how people stay on top of 600+ comics with the new releases system.

On Mangadex it says on the main page they want to implement this feature soon, so I would look there. The site gets new features nearly daily, the programmer(s) are doing an insanely good job. And importing your followed series from batoto already works.

Senzu15

Senzu15

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPoland

Did you guys see the new bato.to domain? Who's uploading all the chapters there?

I'm not sure but it is probably the group responsible for mangapark. I don't know if they will be following our batoto policy like mangalism. or mangadex. Maybe it is only another domain for their site like mangawindow

Edited by Senzu15, 11 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

APines

APines

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Seems like they want to seperate themselves from mangawindow and become the "new batoto"

Oreon

Oreon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
7IWDLn7.png

zetsuravez

zetsuravez

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

@Oreon is that true?...

Hologfx

Hologfx

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

@Oreon is that true?...

False alarm, issue has been resolved.

c4on

c4on

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

On Mangadex it says on the main page they want to implement this feature soon, so I would look there. The site gets new features nearly daily, the programmer(s) are doing an insanely good job. And importing your followed series from batoto already works.

Now follows work on mangadex, not yet on the main page but in the area "follows". You can even see now which chapters you already read there and on the manga pages.