Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

Jeff Spicoli

Jeff Spicoli

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!

Plan of Inaction

Plan of Inaction

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Ahh Tomo... Back to square one eh? And since when are those two so close that Fluff gets to braid Misuzu's hair?

In regards to the ban-fection going around: Why does it takes so long to clear a comment section? Mousou Telepathy has been out for a while now and doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon. If it's a matter of removing offending posts, that would seem to be a matter of filtering with a regex and flushing them down... Seems this is the new normal unfortunately.

kivaisepic

kivaisepic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Their was nothing wrong with the comment section wtf 

who reported that shit.

Check the Mousou Telepathy forum

and TBH I think Misuzu just can't be bothered to care anymore

Edited by kivaisepic, 06 March 2017 - 06:06 AM.

ObviousCat

ObviousCat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

When is the comment section going to be ready to open again? Are they going to change how comments work? Are they going to have a moderation system going or something? Can anyone tell me what's going on? Mousou Telepathy has been locked for ages now and I want to know when it's going to reopen. I get that people haven't been following the guidelines so they closed it but I want to know what the mods are going to do enforce the rules and when it's going to be open for use again. It's kinda weird to be told to not ask questions.

If it's just going to locked for a certain period of time, when it opens again it's just be the same mayhem. What are the mods doing and does it have to be a secret?

frubam

frubam

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Their was nothing wrong with the comment section wtf 

who reported that shit.

Here.

Ahh Tomo... Back to square one eh? And since when are those two so close that Fluff gets to braid Misuzu's hair?

In regards to the ban-fection going around: Why does it takes so long to clear a comment section? Mousou Telepathy has been out for a while now and doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon. If it's a matter of removing offending posts, that would seem to be a matter of filtering with a regex and flushing them down... Seems this is the new normal unfortunately.

I don't see them going through 10000 posts. Might as well clean the slate and start over with 0 comments in the section, then go from there. Some great moments will be lost in the process though =01.

Edited by frubam, 06 March 2017 - 06:29 AM.

Magtone

Magtone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

@ObviousCat Naizumi has recently been locking comment sections that have become extensively long when they have been pointed out to her.

Because quite a few of the comments have violated the rules, she  has been locking the comment sections -- especially if those sections are extremely large. Sifting through these sections probably would be too much work for one person, so the decision probably was made to just lock the comments, as it was easier to do that than letting this continue.

At this point, it's a matter of sheer effort: the guidelines suggest that moderators may delete your comment, but not that they would lock the comment section for those that don't follow the rules (no spam, hate speech, trolling, flaming, advertising, spoiling without spoiler tag, images/gifs/vids that are larger than 10 lines without spoiler tags, or unrelated posts). While most of our comments discuss the various character progress (fluff for life!), without spoiling anything in the plot, it appears that the current moderator community would like this stuff in the forums, and not the comment section. I can understand that, since whenever you look at the comments on a series, you expect a comment ABOUT THE SERIES. 

In addition, I also see the benefit of having a general discussion thread being available alongside the main page for that series: it's easy to use, easy to follow, and is compact. But with how this site is setup, the forums doesn't look anything like that (hell, I don't need a giant user picture and 28 lines of space just to read one sentence posted by someone.)

I can only may the conjecture that they don't like having huge comment sections, and their preference is that it should be forum thread instead.

TL:DR they are locking the comments because they see that there are comment violations, and don't want to go through and monitor these comment sections when enforcing the rules. (Hell, I wouldn't want to spend an hour a day checking that all the comments posted are within the guidelines. I also wouldn't want to become the target of flaming for all of the users that liked using the comment section in the way that it has.)

Don't expect the comment section to be unlocked anytime soon. At earliest, maybe 2 to 3 months.

Why you shouldn't ask? Because her answer isn't an official response from the site administrators, and could piss off quite a few people.

It's a problem that the one or two people working on this doesn't want to tackle, so it's easiest for he or she to put in on hold --- and all of us along with it.

Edited by Magtone, 06 March 2017 - 07:13 AM.

Dijon

Dijon

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWherever there is Internet

Idk what Batoto is doing anymore. I mean, first Mousou Telepathy, next Tomo? Comments are meant to go out of control! There're idiots out there, trolls who want to sow chaos, fools who honestly don't know better, and people like me who just want to be able to say that Jun should grow a pair and confess already and make a few babies with Tomo!

No, but seriously. Batoto, I get that you want to keep your comment section your definition of clean, but... maybe cutting off comments entirely isn't the way to go?

otemoyan

otemoyan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Well, the people will go to other sites. That's all. Also, this whole "review" idea is silly. No one checks comments that are older than 2pages. Also, there are no notifications, so most people don't even respond. And this whole "No need to ask when/why." made me actually laugh. Like its serious matter or something. lul

Someone can make discord group or something. 

---

Btw, with policy like this, they will close all comment sections of more popular series sooner or later. They have to rethink it.

Edited by otemoyan, 06 March 2017 - 07:16 AM.

Gatar

Gatar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

So because there are comments that violate the rules, they lock new comments (that have not yet violated those rules) from being made, but leave the offending posts up?

Wow man, wow.

piemantr

piemantr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Welp, time to re-enable adblock then. Batoto obviously doesn't need any more money. Sure, let's just shut down the comment sections of all popular series. Honestly, there should be a way to purge the comment section to start from scratch.

Back on topic, I feel like the author is just screwing with us at this point.

NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationTake a guess

Welp, time to re-enable adblock then. Batoto obviously doesn't need any more money. Sure, let's just shut down the comment sections of all popular series. Honestly, there should be a way to purge the comment section to start from scratch.

Back on topic, I feel like the author is just screwing with us at this point.

Like he hasn't been screwing with us for 300 chapters?

Keep scrolling, nothing here

celstra

celstra

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Well, that's you'll get if you don't do democracy.

Back to Tomo an Jun, I'm a bit dissapointed that miss Misu didn't wrecking their way. Fluff is such a sadist to kept Misu to watch her lovey dovey with meek senpai to the end.

otemoyan

otemoyan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Obviously, if she confessed and then he would have accepted there won't be any point in continue this manga any longer. Author has to eat, so he will keep this alive as long as he can. Actually good puns ended long time ago. 

MacMeaties

MacMeaties

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland

Obviously, if she confessed and then he would have accepted there won't be any point in continue this manga any longer. Author has to eat, so he will keep this alive as long as he can. Actually good puns ended long time ago. 

You mean you wouldn't want to see them awkwardly dating post get together? Just think of those two idiots, finally certain of their feelings for each other, fumbling about without a bloody clue as to what they are doing with everyone around them teasing the everliving shit out of them for it.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

Batoto and great manga officianados, don't worry about it.  Most posters don't worry about rules, and post all kinds of spoilers and troll type stuff on the main page.  Batoto is the best site for reading manga because they fight against that kind of stuff, and allow diatribalists like me to post lousy doctoral theses on the forum pages.  This is one of the more popular manga out there, and of course they are going to look at the huge amount of main page postings and shut down the morons who refuse to abide by the site rules.  

Otemoyan my friend - remember that this is a 4-koma, not much different from say, Beetle Bailey, which ran from the late 1940's to the present, without getting stale (even Charles Schultz, creator of Peanuts, said "How does Mort Walker make it funny, day after day, year after year).  The characters in this comic strip have grown, and the premise is still hilarious.  I've fallen in love with Tomo, and have come to the conclusion that Carol is one of the greatest comic creations that has come down the pike since the late Phil Frank's Yosemite bears.  Her musical taking back of her Alice band from Tomo left me weak from laughter for hours.  Lean back and enjoy the trials, tribulation, and hilarity that ensue from the depleted uranium denseness of Jun, the jealous cynicism of Misuzu-chan, the imperturbable being that is Carol, and the adorable being that is Tomo.  

Manga has a history of long chapters coming out and ending with cliff hangers.  4-koma is basic newspaper type comic strip, and is a totally different genre.  This is one of the best and funniest I've come across in years, and I love every iteration of it.

Wayne Low

Wayne Low

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

That "T" tho... dam.

otemoyan

otemoyan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Batoto and great manga officianados, don't worry about it.  Most posters don't worry about rules, and post all kinds of spoilers and troll type stuff on the main page.  Batoto is the best site for reading manga because they fight against that kind of stuff, and allow diatribalists like me to post lousy doctoral theses on the forum pages.  This is one of the more popular manga out there, and of course they are going to look at the huge amount of main page postings and shut down the morons who refuse to abide by the site rules.  

Otemoyan my friend - remember that this is a 4-koma, not much different from say, Beetle Bailey, which ran from the late 1940's to the present, without getting stale (even Charles Schultz, creator of Peanuts, said "How does Mort Walker make it funny, day after day, year after year).  The characters in this comic strip have grown, and the premise is still hilarious.  I've fallen in love with Tomo, and have come to the conclusion that Carol is one of the greatest comic creations that has come down the pike since the late Phil Frank's Yosemite bears.  Her musical taking back of her Alice band from Tomo left me weak from laughter for hours.  Lean back and enjoy the trials, tribulation, and hilarity that ensue from the depleted uranium denseness of Jun, the jealous cynicism of Misuzu-chan, the imperturbable being that is Carol, and the adorable being that is Tomo.  

Manga has a history of long chapters coming out and ending with cliff hangers.  4-koma is basic newspaper type comic strip, and is a totally different genre.  This is one of the best and funniest I've come across in years, and I love every iteration of it.

You are right. It simply matured and I long for the first chapters. By the way, I strongly suggest reading Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection and then Tsurezure Children to everyone here.

Edited by otemoyan, 06 March 2017 - 11:25 AM.

GreatNinja

GreatNinja

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

Btw does the admins know what ratio and proportion is?

manga that updates once a year are peaceful batoto.net approves

manga that post 1-2 times a day of course it's going to be chaotic wtf 

and this place got shut cause some dude in another forum said to ban this too might as well mention how XXX manga has annoying people,maybe they'll ban that place. So yeah admins i am still bitter with banning oddman 11 while a ton of smut is being uploaded today where is that R-18 batoto ver. you told us about not hentai just full of smut stuff.

Edited by GreatNinja, 06 March 2017 - 12:05 PM.

EpyonZO

EpyonZO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Half the fun of reading Tomo is reading the comments afterwards. Also "give us monies or we don't care what you think", geez.

surmise

surmise

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Pardon for my bad English.

But with how this site is setup, the forums doesn't look anything like that (hell, I don't need a giant user picture and 28 lines of space just to read one sentence posted by someone.)

Maybe it's a problem on my end, but even processing a like button's press on the forum page takes way longer for the site than the same action in the comment section. Forum looks and behaves (at least for me) "heavier".

I can only may the conjecture that they don't like having huge comment sections, and their preference is that it should be forum thread instead.

[...]

Don't expect the comment section to be unlocked anytime soon. At earliest, maybe 2 to 3 months.

Seems like that compared to what it used to be the discussion on Mousou Telepathy has grinded into a halt.

I've made an account only in the last year and read stuff on this site maybe for a year or two before that - so, I don't know, maybe this place's comment sections used to be more serious, but, especially with the daily-updates-manga, sometimes the majority of fun for me was not the content of the pages, but the community's reactions to it - be it image edits or wild theories or jokes. It was fun. Right now it kind of reminds me of any other site.

I read the guidelines and people's behavior on many manga's comment sections has contradicted them - I just assumed that this place just worked like that (and no, I'm not going to show examples, they'll just swing an axe on them). So, the actions of the moderators, while, I presume, reasonable for the old-timers, for someone like me seemed like they've suddenly remembered that there were rules while the community has moved on. Owners of the site might have a different vision, but I wonder if I'm not alone in this sentiment on the "heavy" forum and on the discussion-below-the-manga section.

Strangely enough, I myself haven't broke the guidelines by choosing to not post anything, as far as I remember.

Half the fun of reading Tomo is reading the comments afterwards. [...]

I think the same way. (Half-jokingly) By this point there would be at lest 2 theories about the plot, 4 image edits/screenshots and a lot of discussion about the Fluff. And something-something about "I don't care anymore, let there be braids"-Misuzu.

P.S. Sorry, my formatting is all over the place.

Edited by surmise, 06 March 2017 - 03:17 PM.