Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoilers until the dawn of time] Tower of God leaked Chapters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10008 replies to this topic

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

I hope she does both. Serious OTP potential there. As I said above, they've walked a mile in each others' shoes. Kaiser is not an Irregular, of course, but she's more or less lived as one for the last thousand years relative to the hopeless souls who have gotten stuck at Name Hunt Prison. So while she doesn't truly have the kind of absolute, overwhelming power that Baam does she at least knows what it feels like to have the responsibilities that come with it. I can't think of someone better suited to be a partner to Baam among the characters we've seen thus far.

Probably getting a little too hopeful here, knowing SIU though. Entirely possible, and equally likely I think, that she will refuse to back down from her post and Baam will have to put her down. Freeing her = killing her, in that case. And Baam has to have someone who is so much like him as his first real kill in the Tower. That would be powerful, too.

Weren't you a member of SS Androssi?

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

I hope she does both. Serious OTP potential there. As I said above, they've walked a mile in each others' shoes. Kaiser is not an Irregular, of course, but she's more or less lived as one for the last thousand years relative to the hopeless souls who have gotten stuck at Name Hunt Prison. So while she doesn't truly have the kind of absolute, overwhelming power that Baam does she at least knows what it feels like to have the responsibilities that come with it. I can't think of someone better suited to be a partner to Baam among the characters we've seen thus far.

Probably getting a little too hopeful here, knowing SIU though. Entirely possible, and equally likely I think, that she will refuse to back down from her post and Baam will have to put her down. Freeing her = killing her, in that case. And Baam has to have someone who is so much like him as his first real kill in the Tower. That would be powerful, too.

What if Kaiser is the girl Siu mentioned introducing for Baam in that afterword a while back

I wouldn't actually mind this all that much, but I couldn't stomach another Yihwa or another Androssi situation.

That ship has most likely sunk a chapter or two ago.

Edited by Thanos, 01 August 2016 - 01:07 PM.

blojayble

blojayble

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

I like that ship. And I would love to see Ren's reaction to that. Person from his family whose life he has ruined together with boy he wanted to kill - fucking up his plans to raise Lo Po Bia family's position.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I was, and then this arc happened. Androssi is showing how unsuited she is to share Baam's burden. The pressures she's under right now pale in comparison to the kind of stress that walking alongside an Irregular would exert, and she's breaking down and acting like a madwoman over them. What then when the consequences of choosing to defy the Empire in that greater way start hitting home? She should probably get over him and move on with her life.

I wouldn't actually mind this all that much, but I couldn't stomach another Yihwa or another Androssi situation.

She seems a little more emotionally mature than either of those two, from what we've seen of her personality. Kind of hard not to be, having lived as she has for the last thousand years.

That ship has most likely sunk a chapter or two ago.

Eh, I doubt it. SIU will probably fix their situation by the end of this arc and it'll be back to the same old thing.

Edited by Lester, 01 August 2016 - 01:13 PM.

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

She seems a little more emotionally mature than either of those two, from what we've seen of her personality. Kind of hard not to be, having lived as she has for the last thousand years.

Well, my list of what I couldn't stomach more of also includes the more mature Yuri; though the situations surrounding BaamXAndrossi and BaamXYihwa are more annoying, another Yuri would be just as annoying. My point was that we already have a plenty of women "one sidedly chasing" Baam one way or the other, and I would hate for this trend to grow.

That said, romantic relationship or not, I wouldn't mind if Kaiser and Baam got along for as long as there is some mutuality to the relationship.

Eh, I doubt it. SIU will probably fix their situation by the end of this arc and it'll be back to the same old thing.

Yeah, I may have let my wishful thinking take form there.

Edited by Thanos, 01 August 2016 - 01:23 PM.

jordanm

jordanm

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

then...

another one for baam's harem  :unsure:

anything but hopefully

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

I was, and then this arc happened. Androssi is showing how unsuited she is to share Baam's burden. The pressures she's under right now pale in comparison to the kind of stress that walking alongside an Irregular would exert, and she's breaking down and acting like a madwoman over them. What then when the consequences of choosing to defy the Empire in that greater way start hitting home? She should probably get over him and move on with her life.

Well reasoned.

Personally I'm still rooting for Androssi, though I quite like the implications of Khaiser too.

Wild Freedom

Wild Freedom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLittle Venice
If we look all the context of Androssi's life as a regular; her companions and her choices, maybe it's not wrong if we start to asume that she'll be renegated from her family soon.

It seems like Kaiser isn't bad at all. If She is at least a little "well intentioned" there's a big chance of her going to the "good side" and helping the main characters. If that happend neither Androssi nor Baam would kick her ass as they should do. Specially for Androssi it wouldn't be good... Yuri may understand Baam's situation but the Tower will not with Androssi. That means troubles for the princess. The only good solution is if Kaiser sacrifice herself (truly or just as a screen) to save Androssi's reputation, but the point is that Kaiser as an ally will be troublesome.

I prefer Kaiser as a villain... The things can be getting more complicated than they should. Maybe I'm being too negative, but, at this way, I don't see any solution for our princess.

Edited by Wild Freedom, 01 August 2016 - 02:40 PM.

Hold the door.

Dass Jennir

Dass Jennir

Potato

• Members
  • 194 posts

Well, my list of what I couldn't stomach more of also includes the more mature Yuri; though the situations surrounding BaamXAndrossi and BaamXYihwa are more annoying, another Yuri would be just as annoying. My point was that we already have a plenty of women "one sidedly chasing" Baam one way or the other, and I would hate for this trend to grow.

That said, romantic relationship or not, I wouldn't mind if Kaiser and Baam got along for as long as there is some mutuality to the relationship.

Yeah, I may have let my wishful thinking take form there.

I don't think there is much to worry: AndrossiXBam only exists on Androssi's head; Yihwa also doesn't have a lot of chance since Bam sees her more like a friend; Yuri only appear every once in a while.

Darklight

Darklight

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

If we look all the context of Androssi's life as a regular; her companions and her choices, maybe it's not wrong if we start to asume that she'll be renegated from her family soon.

It seems like Kaiser isn't bad at all. If She is at least a little "well intentioned" there's a big chance of her going to the "good side" and helping the main characters. If that happend neither Androssi nor Baam would kick her ass as they should do. Specially for Androssi it wouldn't be good... Yuri may understand Baam's situation but the Tower will not with Androssi. That means troubles for the princess. The only good solution is if Kaiser sacrifice herself (truly or just as a screen) to save Androssi's reputation, but the point is that Kaiser as an ally will be troublesome.

I prefer Kaiser as a villain... The things can be getting more complicated than they should.

Things will get complicated regardless and that is in no small part due to Androssi's blabbering mouth

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

I don't think there is much to worry: AndrossiXBam only exists on Androssi's head; Yihwa also doesn't have a lot of chance since Bam sees her more like a friend; Yuri only appear every once in a while.

This wasn't the point of the discussion or my comment, the worry was about the possibility that SIU might make Kaiser into another character like Androssi, Yihwa, Yuri, or something that follows the same trend.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I prefer Kaiser as a villain... The things can be getting more complicated than they should.

It depends on what happens in the end with Name Hunt Station. Imagine that Kaiser goes full-on rogue and allies with Baam the Irregular/Jyu Viole Grace, and declares the abolition of Name Hunting slavery and wipes her master list clean. Freeing everybody and basically shutting down the thousand year operation at the station. That's a pretty big shockwave that will hit the Tower, especially if the continued existence of Baam the Irregular and/or his connection to FUG go public as a result of all that. It becomes easy to imagine that Androssi and her issues might be easily dismissed as irrelevant compared to the much larger shitstorm kicking up. Especially if her scuffle with the Bia twins keeps her out of the way of the bigger events playing out and she isn't seen with Baam or Kaiser as it all happens.

This wasn't the point of the discussion or my comment, the worry was about the possibility that SIU might make Kaiser into another character like Androssi, Yihwa, Yuri, or something that follows the same trend.

I don't think Yuri as yet falls into this category herself. There's plenty to suggest that her preoccupation with Baam stems from something a lot bigger than any sort of crush.

Edited by Lester, 01 August 2016 - 02:43 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
Meh. I don't really care about Kaiser's situation now that I know it's something so stupid. It's her fault anyways -_-

About the shipping wars, I don't know why you guys keeps trying to guess who's going to be Baam's one true love. We all know Koon isn't letting any woman get too close. That's his man :P

Edited by Grincourt, 01 August 2016 - 02:43 PM.

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

I don't think Yuri as yet falls into this category herself. There's plenty to suggest that her preoccupation with Baam stems from something a lot bigger than any sort of crush.

Indeed, that's why you can notice that I never called the situation surrounding Yuri annoying, only that "another of Yuri" would be annoying.

Meh. I don't really care about Kaiser's situation now that I know it's something so stupid. It's her fault anyways -_-

I suppose it's her fault in the same way it's Baam's fault that he ended up captured by FUG. After all, they both simply fell into a trap that was meant to catch them.

Edited by Thanos, 01 August 2016 - 02:46 PM.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

About the shipping wars, I don't know why you guys keeps trying to guess who's going to be Baam's one true love. We all know Koon isn't letting any woman get too close. That's his man :P

I'm sure he'll try not to, and might get even more lumps on his head to show for it.

Dass Jennir

Dass Jennir

Potato

• Members
  • 194 posts

I can see them reaching some kind of mutual understanding since they both have been betrayed by their loved ones. But yeah, i also hope that doesn't happen if SIU decides to bring her with the team.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Indeed, that's why you can notice that I never called the situation surrounding Yuri annoying, only that "another of Yuri" would be annoying.I suppose it's her fault in the same way it's Baam's fault that he ended up captured by FUG. After all, they both simply fell into a trap that was meant to catch them.

Her and Baam's situation can't even be compared. She knew the position she was about to attain and still did what she did. So don't try and make the situations seem like they're the same. It's Kaiser's fault she fell for such a silly plot.

Edited by Grincourt, 01 August 2016 - 03:10 PM.

Wild Freedom

Wild Freedom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLittle Venice

It depends on what happens in the end with Name Hunt Station. Imagine that Kaiser goes full-on rogue and allies with Baam the Irregular/Jyu Viole Grace, and declares the abolition of Name Hunting slavery and wipes her master list clean. Freeing everybody and basically shutting down the thousand year operation at the station. That's a pretty big shockwave that will hit the Tower, especially if the continued existence of Baam the Irregular and/or his connection to FUG go public as a result of all that. It becomes easy to imagine that Androssi and her issues might be easily dismissed as irrelevant compared to the much larger shitstorm kicking up. Especially if her scuffle with the Bia twins keeps her out of the way of the bigger events playing out and she isn't seen with Baam or Kaiser as it all happens.

Only if she doesn't get involved on that affair, but some people are already relating her with Viole so... I'm just watching how the pile of garbage is growing to eventually explode.
Hold the door.

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

Her and Baam's situation can't even be compared. She knew the position she was about to attain and still did what she did. So don't try and make the situations seem similar.

My apologies, I must have forgotten that Baam didn't know about him being an Irregular that are feared and despised in the Tower. Oh wait, so he did know this and still revealed it in public--in order to be with Rachel--despite the possible consequences? It almost sounds as if one were on their way to become a Zahard Princess yet decides to run away--to be with someone (a boy)--despite the possible consequences.

Moreover, it turns out that Rachel (whom Baam wanted to be with) and the boy (whom Kaiser wanted to be with) were the lures as well as the springs in the trap set up to capture them since the beginning. And those who set up the traps then used hostages (Baam's friends and Kaiser's family) in order to make them perform a certain role (ruler of the Name Hunt station and FUG Slayer Candidate).

You're right, no similarity there.

PS: You also mention "silly plot", but have you considered what we have learnt alongside this plot? We know that Lo Po Bia family are known for their Anima, we know that the Family Head can even control humans and that every branch has its own talent, and we also know that this was a trap for Kaiser since the beginning. So what exactly makes you think that the boy didn't have some kind of talent that would influence Kaiser's better judgement? It would be indeed silly if they sent in a random boy with the assumption that Kaiser will fall for anyone.

Edited by Thanos, 01 August 2016 - 03:54 PM.

Dass Jennir

Dass Jennir

Potato

• Members
  • 194 posts

My apologies, I must have forgotten that Baam didn't know about him being an Irregular that are feared and despised in the Tower. Oh wait, so he did know this and still revealed it in public--in order to be with Rachel--despite the possible consequences? It almost sounds as if one were on their way to become a Zahard Princess yet decides to run away--to be with someone (a boy)--despite the possible consequences.

Moreover, it turns out that Rachel (whom Baam wanted to be with) and the boy (whom Kaiser wanted to be with) were the lures as well as the springs in the trap set up to capture them since the beginning. And those who set up the traps then used hostages (Baam's friends and Kaiser's family) in order to make them perform a certain role (ruler of the Name Hunt station and FUG Slayer Candidate).

You're right, no similarity there.

I like this human, he understand!  sunglasses_krogan_emoticon_by_jesterdk-d