Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[IC] Oblivion: A Story Forgotten

oblivion build your cs running out of tags here

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

????

As she moved closer towards the light and deeper into the darkness, she came across a peculiar sight. In the middle of this forest of darkness was a giant beast whose fur was aglow with ethereal light as it slumbered defenseless on the ground. Even as it laid there, seemingly unaware of her presence, she could feel an overwhelming force emanating from the beast. Was this the limitless power the voice spoke of?

Just when the thought crossed her mind, she heard a familiar voice. Looking forward, she could see that the beast was now wide awake and staring right at her with fierce eyes of golden light. Staying silent, the beast spoke again. Returning it's gaze with a blank expression. She showed no reaction, no sense of surprise at the sight she now sees nor fear in the power she feels. Not having to think about it, she spoke bluntly.

"I don't know but it matters now what 'it is' but what it can do for me. I am nothing but an empty husk, an incomplete vessel devoid of substance. If this 'limitless power' is something that can complete me and give me purpose, than it is something I will obtain." she replied to the beast in a monotonous voice.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Sweet, as Amaghi was engulfed by the light that was what he noticed, ever sweet taste on Arba's lips and unlike the last time the silence that lead with the engulfing light was not so painful..... It wasn't the same... not anymore.

As if someone willed him to awake from his slumber Amaghi did, only to see his promise of madness look as fragile as ever... yet it seemed much more lively than their first encounter. Reaching out Amaghi felt like he had to confirm she was still indeed real, and so he reached to her head and placed his hand on top of it as he greeted her.

In the oblivious bliss to the surrounding area he didn't notice any other presences until a voice chimed in a voice that sounded unimpressed by what she found, but it did not really mater as Amaghi was quite happy where he was. Though he was mildly surprised to see more living creatures... especially after the last ordeal.

Amaghi was close to completely ignoring the girl who's glares felt as if they were cutting through his skin but she did mention something about some dangerous things.... and the fact that even if she seemed annoyed she was the only other living creature around willing to help.

Getting up he motioned to Arba "Come on lets follow the strange female creature and find out where we are..... or better yet why"

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Bjorn

He soon realised that the toad-men weren't wary of him, rather they seem scared of what was behind him.

He turned around to take a look at it, a weak and old frail human but that was not what was unsettling about him. He had an aura, an aura of death around him. It was soon established as its maw twisted at an unnatural angle to lengthen its jaw and four bones pierced out to look like fangs. With slender and long limbs that seemed like whips and a maw reconstituted to fit Bjorn's head, he soon understood the intent the abomination had.

A familiar feeling filled his chest; the anticipation of a challenge. An insurmountable odd or an unsurpassed foe, things that stroked his inner fire, the rage that drives him. Calling on for Aber's help, he winded up to throw the hammer at the fiend as it began its attack.

Should Aber heed his calls, he was sure that he had put enough strength in the windup to smash through a mountain. All that was left to know was whether that trust had formed. The throw would be aimed straight for the maw of the beast. Bjorn hoped to paint the bog red with its blood, to get him in a single hit.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades

Back in the water again...

This was really not going anywhere like how we had expected. Not even a little. We managed to successfully complete our plan, though it turned out to be entirely unnecessary. It turned out we weren't being attacked by the boat people, we were being rescued. Rescued from what? Well... When we turned to find out, we were met with a gigantic set of eyes staring down at us. There was hunger in those eyes. A ravenous kind of hunger. The kind of hunger that brought murderous intent along with it and turns men into savages. We didn't like those eyes. They scared us. And as we stood, frozen with fear, the monstrous creature retreated underwater and out of sight. We hoped the thing was leaving. We hoped it's chance at an easy snack had disappeared, so it decided to call it quits. But we know how useful hope is. So we were not surprised when the thing resurfaced, tossing us and the three pirates out into the waters.

And now we had a real dilemma. It was even tougher than deciding what to do when we thought the pirates were attacking us. Then we just decided to get in close and force an advantage. Maybe hide along side the boat, out of easy shooting angles. But against a sea monster... Well, the sea wasn't the easiest place to hide anyway but this thing also lived here. And hunted here. It would find us. So what to do? We couldn't outrun it. And if we could, there's no land in sight. We'd be striving off into the empty ocean with no plan or direction. That was no good. We could get on the boat? Though the fellows upon the boat itself might have some issue with it. There really was no way to know. Not to mention this thing was just as big as the boat anyway. There was no guarantee it would be safe up there. That would also mean abandoning the three people who said they had come out to save him from the monster. The idea of that didn't sit very well with us...

There were no certainties here. And no easy and simple path to everyone's survival. But there was one extremely dangerous path that might help their odds... We gulped in some fresh air and tried to hold back our fear. Because in a fight, if you can't get out, get in. We cast a quick spell to try and speed us up and we were off. Headed straight at the gigantic head of this monster. It might be big and powerful, but we doubted it would be able to kill us if it couldn't see us. So we would take out it's eyes. Even if the damage wasn't permanent we were pretty sure a dagger in the eye would impair it's vision somewhat. So we swam as fast as we could, trying to get atop it's head where we would have free reign to stab at it's eyes. Hopefully. We felt a little braver when we summoned Val to our hand. We weren't totally alone here on this crazy plan. At least we were armed.

OOC:

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

For a time–an infinite second or countless aeons, I did not know–neither of us broke the silence. In the beginning I was content to stare, and stare silently, for there was nothing to do and nowhere to go. But as the being remained in its impenetrable secrecy, I started to yearn for an answer to a question I felt like I had asked myself countless times before.

“Is this the beginning, or the end?”

My voice was different. It felt different, not mine, far from a self that I could not recall. Did I hear it? No, did I even speak? Somehow I knew that it heard me all the same. Now that I have made my thoughts known, there was nothing else to do but wait some more.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades - Unbelievably Majestic

Answering your call, Val of the Thousand Blades materialized in your left hand. While it is the second time you've summoned him, you feel like this is the first time he really heeded your call. The blade that's now in your hands, carries much more weight than the last time. Much more luster, much more shine, much more.. Purpose.

Confident with yourself, and your partner in your hand, you rushed headlong at the gigantic monster of the sea. Careful as not to bump into its' myriad spines, you quickly made your way to its head. Managing to go undetected until the last moment, you let out a purposeful stab to its' eye. And as you imagined it to be, you managed to pierce deep into its' eye socket.

And then the most curious thing happened.

Darkness, condensed and pure, started to pour forth from the dagger in your hand. It formed malicious tendrils that coiled themselves on the serpent's eye, causing it to trash about in pain.

In its' rage and desperation, the serpent attempted to dive deeper into the ocean, dragging you along with it. Of course, you were not so stupid as to let it do as it pleases. You could always let go of Val, and summon him later when you need him. Being you, however, you does not seem to be able to not double-think stuffs as you go. You suddenly remembered Val when you first met him. You remember the terror he brought, and the capricious nature of his.

And you started to wonder.

Would it be alright to treat him with such poor respect?

Would he make a huge fuss out of it and haunt your ass for it?

Eh, I don't know. Only you could tell. What'd you do?

Spoiler

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne - Diabolical Rhapsody

As you steeled yourself for battle, you could feel the comforting weight of a maul in your left hand. Aber the Valorous has decided to answer to your call, and accompany you in your fight. And that fact alone, had given you both the power and the confidence to pulverize a mountain. With a huge semi-circular motion, you swung your trusty maul at the oncoming opponent, breaking one of its' attacking arm before blowing its' jaw clean off the rest of its' hideous face.

The pitiful abomination was no match for you.

Or so you thought.

Just as you thought the fight was over, the creature got back up on its feet. Its' flesh pulsated and expanded as to repair and reinforce the broken limbs, turning it to an even more hideous creature than before. And soon, it charged back at you, with a speed incomparable with the previous attempt. With the force of a thousand bull, it knocked you off your feet, and quickly mounted you. Mercilessly, it lashed out its' two arms at you like a whip.

Your thick muscles provided you with enough protection to prevent the attacks from doing serious damage, but you could feel them wearing out with every strike you sustain. You should think fast if you don't want to end up as its' dinner.

Spoiler

Amaghi, Beholder of Untold Secrets - Fuhrer Itulhu

"Female.. Creature?!" the girl responded to your casual remark. Her body was clearly trembling with rage at this point. "Alright there Mister Hotshot; there's a limit to one's patience! I do have a name, and it's Cara! And you know what? I'm definitely not one to accept being called a 'creature'!" she yelled angrily at you, briefly forgetting about getting out of there before nightfall.

"ACTUALLY!" she continued after a brief pause for breath. "I changed my mind. You cannot come with me. Enjoy your night with the 'creatures', asshole!" Cara stated before she took off like a runaway train, complete with the fumes and all.

A few seconds later, however, she returned and took Arba by the hands, saying some nonsense like, "She's coming with me. You and you alone deserves to be left alone in the dark," while doing all sorts of obscene gesture such as pulling her eyelid down and sticking out her tongue. Really, the female creature's behaviour confuses you to no end.

One thing for sure, however, is that she's taking the flustered, confused Arba along with her, and away from you.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Wraith of the Polearms - Crouching Bacon

"Beginning.. End.. Aren't they just one and the same?" the Being in front of you answered in a cryptic manner. "An end leads to a new beginning, which in turns set the wheel into motion towards yet another end. The cycle shall continue for all eternity. As it ever was. As it ever will be."

Feeling your confusion, however, the Being decided to speak in a less puzzling way. "I am En of the Endless Cycle; one of the seventy-two soul-forged; Children of Demiurge, the Grand Designer," the being said as it shed the veil that hid its true form. And now, standing before you, is a being with three pairs of wings; a woman of a small stature, yet with an enormous presence that dwarved even the largest of giants.

Spoiler

"The world is currently spiraling towards its end, and I need you to be my avatar; one who shall bring about a new start from the end of a dying universe," the Being of Light declared as she reached out her hand to you.

"It is now your time to decide: would you take my hands, and carry the burden of the world with you; or remain in peaceful slumber, until the sweet embrace of oblivion engulfs you?"

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 02 August 2016 - 04:24 PM.

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts

In the beginning Amaghi was simply refused, but a thought came into his mind as he remembered more about the type of creature seen, a human. From the thoughts in the head it seemed they were a very temperamental creature with unbound potential... Interesting, it was simply interesting to Amaghi, remembering things about the outside and coming to understand what he witness... that was until Arba was pulled away. 

Watching them leave caused all thought to drain from the mind, a small area surrounding the one moments ago confused started to become cold and the face distorted with rage, "How.... How dare she.... how dare she take it from me" As Amaghi spoke the air grew colder and blood lust was emitted even if just for a split moment before another thought rushed into the mind. the thought calmed the rage if only a bit and the face unscrewed.

Humans where fools who that didn't like things they couldn't understand, or was the one full of rage the fool? becoming enraged over a single human that didn't understand. For a moment the fool stood there wondering if the human girl named Cara noticed when there was such distance... either way one would not dare leave Arba out of its sight for too long so Amaghi walked forward in pursuit. Maybe things could be cleared up but if worst came to worst the girl could die... no that was a bad thought... but what do I do? maybe if I came up with an excuse... but no she seemed pure hearted and honest "maybe if I simply explained its been so long since I've seen a human and I did not mean any offence when I spoke I only noticed the gender... ah right different" As Amaghi thought his pace got faster as he started to think out loud...

He didn't notice how close the gap was closing...

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

That's Why I'm here

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bjorn

Aber responded to his call to arms as he felt a familiar weight in his hands and finished his swing wiping the floor with the abomination that had shown its intent to attack.

"Weak" he spitted as he turned to walk away, only to be stopped momentarily by the growing bloodlust he sensed coming from his back. He turned in time to be run into the ground by a charging abomination. It seemed different, as if it was hiding in the foliage nearby awaiting the drop in guard from Bjorn but through his relentless attacks Bjorn noticed that it was the same fiend he had slammed a moment before.

How he had managed a recovery so quick was a question for later as Bjorn shielded his eyes from being dug into by the continuous strikes. A sneer appeared on his maw as he swiped with his other arm straight into the ribcage of the fiend. Hoping to pierce the sinew with his bare hands and slam him to his side from whence he can continue to obliterate him into the faceless nether that he had awoken from.

He hoped that Aber continued his support through this ordeal as he switched hands and intended to pummel the fiend into the ground.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Blink, flash, blink flash. Pure white. Aurora woke slowly to the a sweet tenor. That of a young girl, delicate and young. Everything around her was bright and blurry  Her mind was similarly caught in fugue, unsure of what was happening.

"Ne, Nee-chan, what are you doing sleeping in the open like this?"  asked the girl

"I don't know, seems as good any other though , no?" replied Aurora slightly confused. She was not quite sure of what she was doing in this particular grassy plain. However she was not unhappy. After all it was a good place with warm breeze and sweet sunshine brushing across her body, and soft grass underneath her. It was restful place indeed.

"Ara, I don't seem to know where I am? Do you know?" she asked. However at the same time another thing made itself known, her stomach was rumbling for appeasement

Edited by Jod, 29 July 2016 - 02:07 AM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Wraith of the Blade - I-am-X

"Thou inane fool!" the Mighty Beast bellowed in response to your soulless answer. Its voice was filled with both ire and disdain, almost akin to a parent scolding his child for doing something terribly wrong, but amplified by a few orders. "You seek power, yet you do not wish to spend some time understanding the meaning behind it?" it continued with rage filling its eyes.

"Begone!" it howled. "You do not qualify to wield my power."

And as the Beast ordained, you felt a very strong gust of wind bursting from before the beast, as if to sweep you away from its presence. You crouched, you clung at whatever foothold you could find, to no avail. The gale relentlessly surges forth, throwing you out of the clearing, and into the darkness. And as the light fades from your vision, so does your consciousness

----------=======>>>>> + <<<<<=======----------

"Hey," a voice entered your consciousness.

"Hey, wake up!" it continued to bug your slumber.

"Come on! I know you're still alive, don't die on me!" it continued to urge you.

And you finally could take it no more. You woke up. And in front of you, was a young man with a worried expression plastered all over his place. The moment you started blinking your eyes, however, his expression relaxed, and a smile broke from his lips.

Spoiler

"Good, you're alive." he stated the obvious.

"Oy rookie! How long are you going to dawdle around for? Get your arse in here!" another voice boomed from the distance. And from the direction from whence it came, you could see a dozen or more people with similar attire to those of the boy in front of you.

"Coming!" the boy replied to the crowd of similar-looking men. And right after, he turned back to you. "Think you can manage on your own?" he said, as he dusted your shoulder while he searched you for any visible wounds. Satisfied with the lack thereof, he continued his words. "Listen now, I don't know how you ended up in this place, or if you were a resident; how you managed to survive the attack unscathed. But this place is unsafe. The monsters might return at any time, so stay close."

Stay close? What does he mean by that? Befuddled by his words, you looked around, and noticed the land that you were on. It was a scenery from hell. The place seemed to be a village of some sort, but instead of trees, pillars of smokes were covering the entire scenery. The buildings were all but razed, and what seemed to be pools of blood littered the entire place. From the corner of your eyes, you could see two uniformed men piling corpses up to be burnt in a makeshift public crematorium. Whatever had happened to this place before you woke up, it did not seem to be pleasant.

"Well, anyway, here! It might come in handy when the trouble returns," the boy finally stated as he tossed something at you, effectively breaking you away from your thought. Catching the object he threw, you quickly realized that it was a sword. A tattered one, but it was a sword nonetheless.

"Also, do you have a name?" the boy continued.

And you froze.

"A.. Name?" you thought to yourself.

You were a living being. It would be natural for you to have one. Yet, for some reason, whenever you tried to remember it, pangs of insufferable pain assaulted your temple. It made you feel nauseated, trying to remember your name. Yet, when you saw your reflection on the puddle of water below your feet, a word entered your mind.

"My name.. It's..."

Spoiler

Wraith of the Axe - Muninn

As you considered pulling the object off the ground, a feminine voice rang from behind your back.

"A puppy, lost inside my garden, I see," it said to you in a sweet, sweet voice. Yet what filled your heart was not bliss. It was not even lust. It was fear. A basic, primal fear, like those a lion would feel when faced with a forest fire. Forcing yourself to calm down, you turned around to see your visitor. Or rather, your host; if this was really her garden.

Spoiler

A beautiful woman, with silky smooth hair and flawless skin, which put fine porcelain into shame. Her body was the penultimate incarnation of temptation, and her every gesture screams lustful sexuality. Yet her eyes. Her eyes screamed of bottomless madness; of desire, strong enough to rend the darkness and set the world on fire.

This person is dangerous. The entire cell within your body screamed in terror with the mere presence of her. And now, more than ever, you feel the urge to pull the object off its resting ground. You needed something, anything, to keep yourself away from the indescribable terror in front of you.

"Oh, is that my dear child that you want?" the lady said with deathly, yet alluring voice as she gestured towards the smooth object that's jutting out of the ground next to your feet. "Go on then, take him into your hands," she urged you to continue.

Unable to resist the terror, you reached for the object. And as you do, you heard voices entering your mind.

"Master.. Master.. Mas.. Ter.. MaS.tER! Ahyahyahya!! GyahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Alarmed, you tried to let go of the object. But it was too late. Numerous bony tendrils had sprouted out from it, and they had coiled around your hand, piercing and stitching themselves onto you. Before you know it, a Sigil of Terror had appeared on the back of your hand. And the voices began to speak to you in a clearer tone.

"I am Let, the Terror Incarnate. One of the seventy-two Soul-Forged, tools created by Demiurge himself to alter the fate of the Universe. You had been chosen to be my vessel. Be glad! Celebrate! Sacrifice to me the blood of your offering! Ahyahyahyahya!!"

Unable to contain the madness, your mind began to collapse into itself. As your consciousness began to fade, you noticed the terrible dragonfly flying towards you, its maw ready to cleave your head from your body. Yet your right hand moved on its own, and a giant axe appeared within its palm. Effortlessly, you cleaved the beast of terror in two, and bathing in its blood, your mind shut down at last.

----------=======>>>>> + <<<<<=======----------

"Wakey wakey, rise and shine," a familiar voice hummed from within the crevices within your skull. It was the voice of your Soul-Forged. Let, was it? He seemed to be in a good mood. And why shouldn't he? For once, he was no longer confined within the Garden of Emptiness. He was free. Free to roam the world, and to do whatever he wants. If anything, you, as his new master, is the only thing restraining him.

Finally unable to suppress the annoyance, you woke up, and found yourself on top of the world. No matter where your eyes are directed at, you saw nothing but the expanding whiteness of snow, and steep slopes and sharp stones covering the entire landscape. You were on top of a very tall mountain, it seems.

"Well well, look who's finally up," Let said again, still from within your skull. "Ready to wreak havoc yet? Those things right there seems to be a nice target for warm-up," it continued gleefully.

Looking at the direction Let was urging you on earlier, you saw a pack of six dire wolves, each as big as a small cow. They seemed to be feasting on the carcass of their latest hunt, and did not seem to notice your presence.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Plunging towards the deep dark depths of the ocean whilst riding a sea monster was not something we had expected. But it was certainly something that was happening. It was just as terrifying as it sounds. We would have screamed if only it wouldn't have killed us. So we didn't scream. Not out loud anyway. We shouted many, many swear words in our head. The situation really rather called for it. In fact the only thing we thought the situation called for more than a whole string of expletives, was for us to get the hell out of it.

So what was the problem?

Well... We were kind of stuck. Or rather, our dagger was. Deep in the eye of this gigantic sea creature the blade that Val had given us the power to summon was holding tight. The speed of the beast's descent was pulling us through the water much harder than we would like, we were being pulled backward by the water and forwards by the monster. We were just barely hanging on. And that dagger was the only thing keeping us on. We could let go, but what if we never got the dagger again? It was a gift from Val, and he was the closest thing we had to a friend. Not to mention there were pirates up above, who knows what they might want. We would want to be armed if we get back up there, that was for sure. To abandon the dagger may lead to certain death by pirates. So we wouldn't do that.

It seemed our best course of action was to put our legs closer to the blade and pull with all out might. So that was what we did. Through the force of the intense dive we struggled and muscled and finally managed to set our feet into place on the monsters brow. And then we pulled. We pulled as hard as we could and we wished that the blade was thinner or shorter or something. That would make this easier. We screamed encouraging words to ourselves within our own mind. Even at this dark cold depth our muscles burned with the effort we forced out. And still we pulled. Trying with all our strength to wrench the blade free.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 August 2016 - 12:13 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

????

Despite giving her answer, the beast didn't seem pleased about it at all. As the beast made its disdain evidently clear, she remained unmoved and stood there with the same empty expression she wore upon answering, which probably didn't make thing any better. Having answered honestly, she didn't feel the need to answer the beasts latest question. Apparently the beast felt the same as, infuriated by her silence, deemed her unworthy of it's 'power' and ordered her removal from it's sight.

As if to fulfill the beast's command, a strong gust of wind hit her dead on, causing her to bend down and reach for anything that would prevent her from being blasted away. But in the end, it failed as she was flung into the clearing and back into the darkness before her vision faded and her mind growing weary. It wouldn't take much longer before her mind finally failed to hang on and was completely out of it.

Invading her slumber was a strange voice, one totally different from the last one that called out to her. She paid no mind to it until it finally dawned on her that the voice wouldn't be going away anytime soon and finally decided to open her eyes. Standing right in front of her was a young.....man? While the voice indicated male, his face made her think otherwise. Of course, she just laid there with her usual blank expression. Quickly deciding it didn't matter, she blinked her eyes as she saw the change in his expression.

It was an expression that seemed strange to her yet oddly familiar. Could her have what she lacked? 'Power'? Or something else? It didn't make much sense to her, he seemed to weak, yet... Breaking her train of thought, a voice called out to the boy before he turned back to her asking her if she'd be alright by herself to which she responded with a slight nod. After checking and confirming she had no injuries, to his wonderment, he went on about an attack and monsters before warning her to stay close.

Stay Close? What did he mean by that? Thrown off by his wording, she looked around and saw what probably passed as a village but instead of trees there was smoke, blood and destruction all over the place. In the corner of her eyes were a pair of uniformed men piling up corpses, likely to be burned. Whatever happened while she was out wasn't pleasant to say the least. She wondered what kind of monster(s) were responsible and if they had what she seeked. Who knows...

Breaking her train of thought this time was the voice of the boy as he finally caught her attention when he tossed an object at her, quickly realizing it was a sword. It was beat up and not exactly in ideal condition but it was a weapon nonetheless. While she had remained unfazed at everything thrown at her so far, it was innocent yet simple words of the boy that shook her, 'Do you have a name?'

A Name.....? she thought to herself. She certainly was a living being that has lived for sometime, a body with blood and flesh with it's 5 senses intact so it's only natural to expect that she has one, yet having a 'name' eluded her. Did she ever have one? If so, what was it? Was it that she simply forgot it? It was possible. Straining herself to remember it only to assailed by insufferable pain to her temple. It was as if someone was making sure she didn't remember it. However, as she stared at her reflection in the puddle of water below her, something came to her. It was a single word.

"My name.....it's.....Echo."

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 04 August 2016 - 08:25 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Amaghi, Beholder of Untold Secrets - Fuhrer Itulhu

You ran to follow the little girl named Cara, who had taken Arba away from you. You ran with all your might, but given the fact that you had spent such a long time sleeping in the darkness, your legs did not seem to be able to carry you at the same speed as the girl's, who had spent most of her life running and climbing in this deep forest. You tried to voice your apology to her, to stop her from running away from you. To make her forgive you. But did your voice reach her? You cannot know. All you know is, she did not slow her running down, and as you crumble breathless, her visage kept on getting smaller and smaller.

"No.. No! Nononononononono! NO!!" you cursed your own pitiful sense. Will this be the way it is? Left alone, once again? Is this your fate?

"ARBA!" you called in defiance of your cruel fate. To which a voice sweeter than nectar replied with a simple, "Yes?"

By your side, was Arba. You did not know how she did that, but she had returned to your side. Fearing to lose her again, you hugged her tight within your arms. A gesture that she returned in full, as she wrapped her arms tight around your back.

"It's ok.. I'll always stay by your side," she comforted you. "Always.. Forever, and ever.."

In her sweet embrace, you feel comfortable. In fact, you started to feel rather sleepy. Perhaps the exhaustion has caught up with you? In any case, fog had descended and filled the forest with silvery clouds. In such a heavenly place, you could feel your eyes getting heavier and heavier with each stroke of Arba's delicate fingers on your hair.

Spoiler

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne - Diabolical Rhapsody

You decided that enough was enough, and decided to obliterate the monster in two with your strong hands. Yet as you swiped at it, in hopes of removing him from his high ground, you noticed that the creature was nowhere nearly as flimsy as it had been. At first, the beast did not budge to your attempt. Yet as you channel more and more rage in your action, you finally managed to tore it away from you, and regained the neutral stance.

You switched Aber to your dominant hand, and readied yourself to get into the abomination's face before you feel Aber's hammer suddenly increasing in weight, enough to keep you from moving.

"Wait!" the Valorous one reprimanded you. "Take a look at your adversary,"

As you did what he told, you realized that the monster's ribcage, which you smashed in your earlier struggle, had recovered rapidly. In fact, brand new sinews of muscles and protruding bone plates had grown from the wound, further enhancing the creature's physique as it recovers. It had then dawned to you that the creature in front of you will only get stronger with more wounds it receive. Had you charged in blindly, it would most probably grow even more, ending up with it being an opponent that you cannot surpass.

Having known that, what would you do next?

Hint: Aber is of fire element, and you had chosen to further include lightning as your element of choice. Use it wisely.

New skill unlocked: Blazing Gestahl - Aber is able to consume your energy and converts it to his primal elements (fire/lightning), which will strengthen the next attack immensely.

Spoiler

Aurora, the Songstress of Million Songs - Jod

Instead of being confused by your supposedly-bizarre question (after all, what kind of people would not know where she had been sleeping the whole time?), the girl was rather excited. With a beaming smile and exaggerated hand gestures, she announced the name of the place you were in.

"Your first time here, eh traveler? Then welcome! Welcome to Vir, the Land of A Million Gods!" she said happily as she spun her body a few times in joy. Then, facing you, she bowed and introduced herself. "I am Lu Mei, the High Priestess and Administrator of this Land."

Then, silence.

And some three seconds later, an awkward cough.

"Ehem! That was a poor joke, wasn't it?" the little lady said as she straightened her back. Then, with a coy smile, she shrugged her earlier introduction and start it anew, "I am Lu Mei, proud resident of Vir. What's your name, Nee-chan?" she said, extending her hand for a handshake.

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 04 August 2016 - 03:57 PM.

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Narinogoril

Picking myself up from the lofty, white flakes that covered the earth I rolled my eyes shut and grimaced, "Shut it!" Let would not stop it's incessant bickering, even after I had risen to it's voice. I groaned deeply as I pressed my palms to my stomach, watching the white fumes of breathe leave my mouth like pillars of smoke. I was hungry. The cold wasn't too bad, but cloth and fur would do nicely. I tilted my head back and to the side, spying the six wolves. Fur would have to do. I would only need one, but I doubt the others would let their pack mate go so willing. Turning around I reaching for Let who stood ever so still, Axe blade embedded in the earth. I felt like ignoring Let's pleas, punishment for waking me so rudely. But I wasn't one to cut my own nose off to spite my face. "Time to feast, Let" I beckoned, sure to please.

Hoisting Let into the air and over my shoulder I began to walk towards the unaware dire wolves. My gait soon changing into a charge as I leap into the air with a martial yell, Axe overhead. Coming down on the first wolf I began swing preemptively, going into a fit of wild swings as I collided with it. This was sure to be a riot.

Spoiler

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bjorn

It was Aber's calm, rational voice that lifted the blinds of rage from Bjorn's eyes. He prompted the Champion to look closely at his opponent. The abomination repaired it self with each hit and not only that, it reinforced its weak parts where there were chinks in his armor. Aber calmly reasoned that a mad attack would serve to make the enemy strong enough to overwhelm Bjorn. A reason that was as simple as it was profound.

Bjorn looked at his maul to see it was not meant to cut but pound but he sensed a surge of power within his weapon, Aber prompted an attack that only he knew for certain, all it needed was Bjorn's immense willpower to manifest itself.

He put his thoughts into shaping his weapon, the maul transfigured in his hands as the beast grew restless and charged him and then with a earth-shaking roar, he let loose the attack whispered to him by his only ally.

"RWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" he brought down his mighty war-hammer that had changed into a body length two handed maul with sharp needle like ends, lightning danced at its head as the beast drew closer and then in an instant it leapt at the attacker. A thunderbolt straight from the grim skies above struck the charging abomination, Bjorn hoped that only ashes shall remain after an attack such as that, he was running out of options.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Between En’s radiance and the void’s peace, I found myself torn. Her hands promised a future, but for it I must suffer. Why must I suffer? The darkness called out to my soul, seducing me with the serenity of eternal rest.

Emptiness. To be free from pain, I must empty my mind.

Detachment. To be free from pain, I must forget my heart.

Death. To be free from pain, I must silence my soul.

From the depths of my being, I began to feel strife. Now that I no longer suffer, was this all that darkness had to offer? To become one with it is to lose myself.

Selfishness, perhaps, that I listened to the stirrings of my spirit and chose life.

“Your loyal vessel, Amaris, shall accept this burden.” I took her hands in mine. “Oblivion be damned.”

Spoiler

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts

Struggling Amaghi ran and ran until his weak body could not carry anymore as the legs crumbled unable to carry the body anymore. Instead of running Amaghi tried to crawl, but the arms grew weary as the voice cursed everything calling out in vain… or what seemed to be until there was a reply.

When the figure appeared Amaghi grabbed it tightly never wanting to ever let go again, never being left alone again, the solitude hurt ever so much. Now there was no fear of being alone as Amaghi felt lighter and lighter ready to doze off and fall into slumber.

It was almost perfect, almost too good to be real. In that moment a seed of doubt grew into the back of the mind, the seed that spoke in a voice so similar to how Arba usually….

The seed grew and grew, preventing the consciousness to completely fade in serenity.

The voice that spoke so sweetly somehow sounded different, different to how Arba usually spoke, and in realising this Amaghi's eyes opened slightly as the air thinned with a chill.

Before his consciousness faded a question left the lips.

“Why are you not speaking like usual Arba?”

The area grew colder at a rate close the the rising of the fog.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

That's Why I'm here

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Vir... Vir. It was a short name, sweet and almost inconspicuous. Aurora decided she liked it, Vir has made a good impression on her. The calm rolling verdant pastures were pleasing to her eyes, the smell of sunshine on fresh grass even better. Though she was not quite sure how she got to this place. However she caught herself before her thoughts drifted away into its own inner melody. There would be time for that later. Now she had to consider the rather cute girl in front of her..

The words High Priestess and Administrator, were heavy words, or rather titles. It almost seemed ironic to be kept by the fragile seemingly gentle girl in front of her. They seemed to hold a melody of power, responsibility and burden at odds with the light nature of Lu Mei as it was. That what the girl told her was a fiction did come across her mind a few times, but in the end there was little she could do to prove or disprove it. After all who was she to know, she barely knew what direction the wind blew! Another concern was how does one address a Hight Priestess? Your Highness, holiness, or priestliness! There were too many options and too little time!

Aurora took the girls hand, "Erm ... honored to meet you... uh... Your holiness?!" she said. The girls casual remark only made it more confusing for poor Aurora.

"My name is Aurora" she said with a small curtsy.

Edited by Jod, 14 August 2016 - 02:32 PM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Our lungs burned with the struggle. Our vision was darkening, and not just from the decrease in light as we moved deeper under the water, though it certainly wasn't helping. But we couldn't let go now. We were almost there, we could feel it. Val's dagger was nearly free. If. If only we could... just. Think. Think straight. We just need... Our eyes snapped back open. How long were we out? Couldn't have been long. We felt our grip was still on the dagger. "Go." We heard in our mind. Val's voice. The blade in our hand seemed to pulse. Our grip faltered. Suddenly we were watching the sea monster disappear into the void. Out of reach. Gone forever. Along with Val's dagger.

We swam up. We managed to get out a short burst of speed from our magic. It probably saved us. The next things we knew were unpleasant. Darkness, waves, choking, flailing and then grasping arms. Some hands pulled us onto wooden decking. We coughed trying to regain our breath. "V-" Was all we managed before attempting to cough up a lung. Wheezing and reaching up with our marked hand we tried to grasp at something we couldn't see. "Val?!"

"You called?" Val said. His voice in our head. The familiar dagger forming in our hand. We laughed, a smile spread across our face. "Seems you wanted me to come back quite a bit, eh? Only way to summon me from afar." We nodded tiredly. We did want him to come back. We sat up and pushed the wet hair from our face, still smiling. We tightened our grip around the daggers handle. It was almost like a strange hug.

Finally we started looking around. We were on board the big ship that we had seen from the water. That much was obvious. Nearby two drenched women and an equally soaked large man that we recognized were stood silently. When we looked at them they seemed to take it as a sign that we had regained our senses. For the most part we had, though we weren't used to the constant, gentle swaying of the floor beneath us. The two women stepped forward in unison. The burly man didn't move a single muscle. He just looked at us sternly. The two introduced themselves as Fir and Eir, they were deckhands on this big ship. We introduced ourself to them in kind. "Tael." We said with a gesture to our chest. "Nice to meet you." The ship itself, they then told us, was named Fortuna. "We're Tael." We said to the ship, patting the floor. "Nice to meet you too." We didn't know if the ship could hear us. But it had a name, and we didn't want to risk being rude. Or odd. So we smiled gently to the world in general as we looked around and tried to get to our feet.

"Sorry about the mess." We added, noticing the serpent blood and saltwater covering us and the deck beneath us. We say we 'noticed' the slick wet surface. But what we really mean is that we fell on our face as we tried to stand up.

A couple of large and very quiet gentlemen helped us to our feet. We aren't too heavy, but we aren't small either. We thought it was odd that the men didn't make a single noise of exertion, or mutter something under their breath about our inability to stand up unassisted. We felt like it was probably a humorous sight to a seasoned sailor. But we only heard one slight giggle, and that was from a new woman who introduced herself as Athena, the Captain of this mighty fine ship. "Hi Athena!" We replied quite happily. Things were taking a turn towards a better fortune for once. We were very glad to be out of the monster infested ocean. And now we were talking to a pretty lady. And to top it all off we don't remember having been on a boat before, but we were enjoying it. It smelled nice. "We're Tael. Thank you for saving us!" We almost reached out for a handshake and halfway through turned it into a wobbly bow with an extended hand.

Then we winked at her.

We don't know why.

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 28 August 2016 - 01:19 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Thorn

Tendrils of raw electricity danced at the edges of his warhammer as it made contact with the beast, resulting in a deafening explosion. As the cloud of dust settled, Bjorn's attack had finally struck true, what remained of the monstrosity was just its hollow husk which was as brittle as clay pot. A nudge from his hammer collapsed the chest cavity of the beast and it was there that he saw the parasite responsible for this.

It twisted and turned before collapsing in a pool of its own sludge. The swamp around him suddenly came alive as it realised what had happened. It was through Aber's rational guidance that Bjorn had seen this through, perhaps it would pay well to rein in his rage from now on. Though being unfettered had advantages of its own. As he was busy thinking about the battle, he got surrounded by atleast two dozen frog-men.

They didn't seem wary of him as earlier, rather they seemed to cheering him on as an older and decorated frog stepped forward. Requesting him to grace them with his presence at their village. It was rather strange how he understood them, he had never met them nor knew of their tongue yet it was easy to grasp what they were saying. Was this as blessing of his soulforge? Perhaps it would seem a good question for later.

He willed Aber to vanish and return to his resting place as he nodded to the elder frogman to lead the way to the village. A revolution can only begin after knowing the ones involved.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler