Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[IC] Oblivion: A Story Forgotten

oblivion build your cs running out of tags here

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Into the Madness - Amaghi (Fuhrer Itulhu)

Your decision was final. While your ally might get hurt for protecting you, it was clear that the fault lies with the ones launching the attack in the first place. As such, there was no need for parley, nor was there any place for mercy on the battlefield. With the intent of total annihilation in your mind, you gathered the lights into your body. And as you do so, the lesser spirits were thrown into panic. Some scuttled frantically for an escape, while some went into delirious charge in hopes of stopping you before it's too late for them. Yet none of their efforts were to be rewarded.

As if amplified by your wrath, the converging lights exploded with blinding fury, eradicating any traces of the spirits where they stand. And as the light fades, neither the fog nor the shadows remained. All that was left was the desolate forest, lit by nothing but the dim moonlight; and the battered remains of a girl who was once known under the name of "Cara", wrapped in scriptures and grimoire pages.

You were not sure as of how to feel about the scenery in front of you. Arba was fine, that you could tell just from the connection between the two of you. Yet, it was unquestionable that Cara was dead. And whist you only knew her for a short while, this for some reason had left you with an unfathomable, very uncomfortable feeling. It was the kind of feeling that made you choke on your own throat, even when there was clearly nothing there. Unsure on what to do, you decided to pay a final respect to Cara, and encased her body in an ice coffin before commanding Arba to return to her human form and continued to wander the forest.

-------=====>>>+<<<=====-------

After walking for roughly twenty minutes, you stumbled upon a rundown shed. It was small and decrepit, but you thought it would be better than sleeping in the wilderness, especially after the unsavoury previous encounter with the spirits of the forest. Thus, you entered the sorry excuse of a housing along with Arba. Inside, you found a bed for one, a table with unlit candle in the middle of it, a tool shack, and a wardrobe of some sort. It was a hunter's den of some sort, you thought to yourself.

Was it Cara's house? A stray thought entered your mind. A thought that you soon dismiss, for it brought that weird choking feeling back when you linger too much on it. Then, after shaking your head as if to clear your mind, you proceed to light the candle on the table to get a better look of your temporary abode. It was then that you felt a gust of chilling wind whistling though your ears, ending with a loud thud on the wall before you. An arrow.

Quickly turning towards the entrance, you saw a hooded shadow lunging at you at an alarming speed. Without giving you any time to react, the shadow pinned you down to the table by your neck. Seeing this, Arba quickly weaved her magic, yet the shadow seemed to have anticipated this, and thrown you towards her, effectively stopping her from finishing her craft. Then, as the two of you crashed unto the floor, the mysterious assailant continued its relentless assault and placed a dagger by its tip on each of your throats.

"Who are you?" the shadow asked. "What are you doing in my house?" it continued.

Now that the shadow had stopped moving, you finally get a chance to take a look at its face. It was a feminine face; a human's face, if not for the red scales creeping from both sides of its neck all the way to its cheeks. And while they're hidden by the hood, you could also notice two small horns on the assailant's head. It was as if it, or rather, she; was a dragon in human form.

Spoiler

In any case, it would seem that a wrong answer would cost you dearly. What would you do?

What Dreams May Come - Illuminati

"Calm down," said the creature in front of you as it put more pressure upon your shoulder. "This is not the place for a talk. Come," it continued as it offers you its hand.

With no other viable options available, you decided to trust the beast of bones and shadow, and took his arm. And as you did so, the creature's cloak engulfed you, and soon you were transported into another place. A garden of wilting roses, to be precise. It was an eerily beautiful place. The deep crimson of rose petals contrasting with the darkened stalk upon which it bloomed from; the entire 'garden' was filled with these twisted beauties.

"This place is Oblivion," the creature spoke again. "A place where memories come to fade. A final resting place of the dead; a place where they finally meet their ultimate end," it continued.

"Then.. The nothingness, and the children.. They are..?" you asked the creature.

"It was simply the nature of this place. Memories converge on this bottomless abyss, only to be buried and forgotten," it answered. And after a short pause, it continued with a tone far more ominous than it previously commands. "You too, are here to share their fate."

You are.. to be forgotten? But it was not supposed to be this way! Your story are not supposed to end just yet! In fact, it hasn't even truly begun!

As if answering the turmoil in your head, the creature then offered you a sliver of hope.

"Though of course, exceptions can be made. Now tell me, who is this he you're talking about?"

Edited by Faye, 29 December 2016 - 05:42 AM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

What Dreams May Come.

"Did they send you?" I asked. Not waiting for an answer, I continued babbling. "First the nothingness -- the emptiness. Then the voice and light. And now the children? What sort of nightmare is this that I have been banished to? Where is he?"

"Calm down," he said, the creature of dust and bones. "This is not the place for a talk."

"Yes," I replied quickly, scratching myself as I looked all around us for invisible strangers. "Yes, yes! I-I... They're always watching!"

"Come," he said, offering his skeletal hand for me too take. It was madness. Madness all around, and madness all within. But staying was just as good leaving. So I left with him.

In a terrifying whirl of ash and smoke, darkness consumed my senses once more before spitting me out a moment later. We had traveled a great distance in mere seconds -- this I knew, for I could feel it deep in my bones. But my mind argued that it was impossible to travel so far in less than a blink of an eye. Yet here we were, in another place filled with horrors.

This fresh, new nightmare was a garden of thorns and death. For as far as my eyes could look, there was nothing to see but an ocean of wilted and rotting roses. They blinded me with their decaying radiance, overwhelming my senses with red petals and brown stems.

"This place is Oblivion," the beast said. At first I thought he meant the garden but the truth quickly dawned on me, striking me cold in the chest like a dagger. "A place where memories come to fade. A final resting place of the dead; a place where they finally meet their ultimate end."

I was dead? No, worse than dead. I was forgotten. They had forgotten me. And now I was forgetting myself. I was truly dying. I was death itself -- nothing.

"Then the nothingness? And the children?" Because how could I be dead, be forgotten, if I could still remember? Surely my memories, they... "They are..?"

"It was simply the nature of this place. Memories converge on this bottomless abyss, only to be buried and forgotten. You too, are here to share their fate."

No! No, no, no, no!! I can not be forgotten. This can not be the end! I don't deserve this. It was... Yes!! It was them!! I... This isn't my fault?! I shouldn't be here! I was supposed to live forever, in memories... In the memories of others?

"Though of course, exceptions can be made. Now tell me, who is this he you're talking about?"

"Oh, forgive me. Please! It wasn't my fault. I shouldn't be here! It was... The wanderer? Yes! It was The Wanderer!" They, he? I..."

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades

We could have gotten a Mansion? Oh no! We really aimed too low on bargaining for our help. Then again, we really didn't know if we could help much anyway. Not to mention we didn't really know what a Mansion was, but the way Athena said it meant it was probably something cool. Plus it sounded fancy. Maybe it was a type of sword or dagger or something! It would be a shame to miss out on that. Then again, we had Val's blade. That was much more valuable to us. It had been a present from our first friend, Val, and that made it better than even a 'Mansion' knife. Either way, we had already missed out on our Mansion opportunity, so we moved on.

Before long we had our first task as part of the crew! We had to meet some crew people. Interesting. So we ran ourselves through the options.

First we had Athena, the co-captain, we had met her already. She was nice. Her sister, Minerva was it? Was also the co-captain but she was currently sleeping in that strange bed with the metal doo-dads and whatnot's, somehow she was powering the familiars. The two crossbow ladies from earlier probably didn't like us very much after we had attacked them a little bit back in the rowboat. That was maybe a bit of a problem. We'd have to try and deal with that at some point if it turned out they hated us. We didn't like the idea of people not liking us because of a misunderstanding. In any case, it seemed the only people left to meet, and hopefully not annoy, were the big quiet men who were walking around. But as far as we knew they were... not real? Or they were real, but not really? Or was meeting them the same as meeting Minerva since she was controlling them? We didn't know. We decided to play it safe and steer clear of them until we knew more.

In the end we decided it would be best to get to know the Captain more. She seemed like she knew what was going on. So we hung around and stayed with Athena for the rest of the trip. Trying to get a few more tidbits of information out of her about the whole situation they were in. We also wanted to ask about the whole 'meeting a Dolem' thing we had gotten curious about earlier. But since Val spoke through our mouth and made Athena think we were smart, we didn't want to ruin that and ask. So we stayed away from that topic.

OOC:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Echo - The Silver Wolves of Rie

Before she knew it, the fight was over. Both of them still had weapons in hand and they definitely weren't incapable of fighting yet the 'match' was over. So this was a match...it definitely was 'short'...hmm... No one had to say anything as she already knew the results, it was her loss. It was made clear to her when Garm evaded her attack and made his counter-attack, striking her in her unguarded midriff. There was no pain at all, if anything, there was some slight discomfort on her stomach but other than that, nothing.

He didn't have overwhelming power or speed, in fact, she has him quite beat in that regard but he didn't need them to beat her. With skill, finesse and precision, he showed he had her beat in all the other areas. Not to mention that he was able to turn her charge against her and sent her flying backwards. Lowering her sword, "It seems...it's my loss." All the killing intent she showed in the last attack was completely gone, responding in her usual expressionless tone. She was curious about the strange feeling that consumed her but it soon slipped her mind as she turned her head towards the captain as if to inquire how she did.

OOC:

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

What Dreams May Come - Illuminati

As silent and aloof as it may appear to be, the creature of bones and shadow were definitely interested in your story. In fact, you could feel the dull shine of its hollowed eyes growing in intensity ever slightly the moment you mentioned the word wanderer.

"Now now, that is an interesting story you have there," said the skeletal being. "It was all the wanderer's fault, you said. But tell me, fellow wandering soul, what exactly is his fault?" he continued, now sitting in a throne of dead wood and roses that you did not notice before.

"Entertain me, and I shall consider returning you to the lands of the living."

Sister's Keeper - Unbelievably Majestic

To many, when the captain of the ship ordered them to interact with the crew members, they'd leave. You know, because 90% of the time it'd imply that the captain is busy and want you out of her room. And they would adhere to her words because, y'know, the implications. Yet you were equipped with neither the social experience nor the capability of fear to be deterred by such simple words. She told you to familiarize yourself with the crews. And she is a part of the crew. You saw no problem with it, and decided to stay and pester the captain with questions, even when it was clear that she had some paper works to do.

Of course, being a precious and sorely need male on top of being a great combat asset, there was no way she'd mistreat you. She tried her best to answer you while making logs of the expedition. Yet between calculating stuffs, reading reports, writing one herself, recalling past events and stringing them into a coherent story to sate your curiosity; even the brightest of minds would overload at some point.

Thus, after putting her pen down rather boisterously and giving her nose bridge a small massage, the lady captain breathed in and out before stating, "Looks like I would not get any work done, huh.. Oh well, I guess it is time for a break."

Then, after a short routine of stretching, Athena turned to you and asked, "So, what did you say your favourite food is again?"

Edited by Faye, 24 January 2017 - 12:38 PM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

Memento.

"Entertain me," the beast of bones and dust said as the legless creature took a seat atop a throne of thorns and dead wood. "Entertain me and I shall consider returning you to the lands of the living."

"Y-you!" I mumbled, struggling to contain my raising anger. "All this time spent here -- in nothingness, and you could have sent me back with naught but just a wave of your hand?! Send me back now!" I demanded even louder, growing braver with every word. But then it hits me.

Where? Where am I supposed to return to? What? To what sort of life do I crave to return so passionately? And who. Who am I? I can barely remember. The memories are like sand passing through my fingers, vanishing into an endless sea of nothing. Why? Why am I here? I can't remember anymore but there is still something left. A splinter stuck deeply in the heart of my soul. The Wanderer.

"Are these dreams, or the memories of the broken and damned? I can't tell the difference anymore but I shall entertain you with my suffering and anguish, if only so I can free myself of these chains."

Too tired to stand anymore, my body finally collapses under the weight of my suffering and nightmares, forcing me to take a seat among the dead roses of the beast's garden. Here, in this bed of thorns, I finally found the strength to unburden myself of the horrors that have plagued me since as far back as I can remember.

"I remember it still," I began solemnly. "Even after all that the nothingness has taken from me, I still remember that day long ago when the grass was green and the sun still hung high in the sky. It was just after midday and the sun was on my skin. I was waiting, I think. Yes, I was waiting for her! For her to come home from school. She was mine -- my all, my everything. And then he took her from me. The Wanderer. With his big, noisy car he took her from me."

Edited by The Illuminati, 20 February 2017 - 05:20 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."