Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[IC] Oblivion: A Story Forgotten

oblivion build your cs running out of tags here

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Echo

After giving him her name, the uniformed boy flashed a somewhat strange look along with a momentary pause before noting how unusual her name was in these lands. He than followed that up by asking her if she was from 'Eo'. Eo? It was another word that was completely foreign to her. What was it? Was it the name of a place? With the way it was said, it's certainly not the name of a people. Was it where she was originally from? With no memory of her previous life, it's quite possible. She had many questions that she didn't have any answers to. But despite the boy asking, she had nothing to give him.

Perhaps the confused, blank expression on her face said as much and he decided not to press it and moved on. He then introduced himself as 'Garm', a 'Knight' of 'Rie', following that up with an awkward laugh noting he was only a rookie, though. 'Garm'.... What a strange name... The name for some reason conjures up the image of a wolf or dog, a monster. Though, this left Echo wondering why it did. ....But a 'knight'....for some reason, it seemed quite fitting. How odd... And 'Of Rie', was 'Rie' what this land was called? Afterwords, the boy....'Garm' reported back to his 'captain' which she assumes is his superior, that he found a 'survivor'.

But did she truly 'survive' this? Was she actually here during the time this went down, after that strange event in that 'forest of darkness' and she simply had no memory of it? As she kept silent as she continued thinking about it, Garm's 'captain' asked her if she could fight, holding his weapon up for emphasis. Glancing at his weapon and then looking down at the shoddy longsword in her hands.... Fight.... Can she fight? Truly? She wasn't sure if she could but thinking about it, the word didn't seem to bother her in the least and the sword in her names felt quite natural, as if she meant to have a blade in her hands. And holding it kind of gave her a strange sense of comfort.

Looking back at the captain, whom was glancing back at her as if a bit irritated by her long moment of reflection, she gave him her answer with a monotone voice as she tilted her head, one that might make one misunderstand and think if she was trying to mock or insult them. "I think... I can? Who knows....Maybe I fought before in the past?" Considering her memory is missing, it's quite possible that she had fought in her past. It would make sense of why she felt such comfort in holding that shoddy blade. It's all just conjecture at this point, but it's the best that she got at the moment.

Maybe if she fought, she'd find out? And if she could find out, maybe she'd be able to find what she 'lacks'? Hmm.. Echo wasn't sure if the 'captain' liked her response or not, considering how the creature in that 'forest of darkness' reacted the last time she gave a response to a question. With the way he sighed, turned around and had her follow him, he either thought nothing of it and accepted her response or just simply gave up and thought that anyone who can move would be fine. Either way, she'd find out soon enough if she could fight or not.

OOC:

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Fading, still fading ever so slowly and gently Amaghi started to try to resist but to no avail.

“Would you prefer I keep my silence then master?” ‘Arba’ spoke words that slowly sounded sweet yet poisonous.

As Amaghi's consciousness continued to fade he started to try and resist, tried to stay but it was to no avail. Something felt wrong, the body seemed unnaturally weak, it felt almost like being locked inside a shell.

“N…..no” Amaghi struggled with the last efforts to try and resist the sweet comfort, though it felt all was for nothing as he finally faded away…

Just before the eyes completely closed the vision above him changed, all the sudden there was javelin of ice sitting within the neck of ‘Arba’. Working as a sort of trigger the body suddenly felt more responsive.

Trying to look at where the ice came from Amaghi heard a voice that sounded like that girls…

"Lesser being. To think that you would assume my appearance and steal my master away from me. Know your place!" yet it was different…

Suddenly the ice stuck in the neck exploded, as soon as it did the ‘Arba’ was blown to pieces turning into dozens of apparitions.

As if a final trigger Amaghi regained full control of his body and could now get a proper look of where the ice came from.

It was indeed that Cara girl standing there… but straight away one could tell it was not truly ‘Cara’ as her skin were partially covered in glyphs, while her neck, wrists, stomach, ankle, and virtually all of her major joints were wrapped in bandage-like scriptures.

With all the events swirling around Amaghi was slightly confused until the cool breeze brushed through the forest revealing Cara’s eyes.

“A….Arba” Instinctively a name escaped the lips.

Filled with a sudden rage Amaghi got up and faced the creatures that tried to play him.

“You dare play me a fool, you dare take the form of her” an ever cold rage grew.

Looking down at the hands, opening and closing them it seemed something was still wrong with the body…. But it was different… as if… no now was not the time to dwell on it.

“The girl we met in this forest earlier said something interesting… about creatures appearing at night”

Suddenly the cold rage seemed to take physical form as pillars of ice erupted through the area.

“...now let us see foolish creatures, will it end here or will I have to make you all suffer?”

Amaghi lifted up a hand and pointed it, shooting a beam of light. The light reflected, reflected and reflected more until it was reflecting through the entire area giving off a strange holy warmth considering the cold voice.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Amaris, the Eternal

Flashes of light and shadow took me in and out of consciousness. Perhaps I have died a thousand deaths over without being aware. When will this end? It was then that I began to fall. The darkness enshrouded me once more, fragments of the previous moments slipping away from my mind’s eye.

When my eyes opened, I stared, unmoving, at the brightness that surrounded me. It was not disembodied or ethereal; instead, it shone with color, filtered by glass of various hues. I sat up, relishing the feeling of my body against the cool, obsidian floor. To my right was an altar adorned with precious metals, made with such craftsmanship that even the beasts and men engraved upon it seemed to be alive, frozen forever in their conflict. I would have touched it, but I was not alone.

Finally, I stood up and acknowledged the winged woman with a short bow. Perhaps I was intruding-a place such as this might not be open to strangers.

“Pardon me. I-“

She cut me off, her voice calm but flippant. “You are The Eternal. Yes, I already know.”

“The… Eternal? Well, I didn’t know that.” I looked down and caught a glimpse of my hand, which now bore a strange circular symbol.

“I am Liesaerl von Asteria, acting governor of Em, the nation that floats in the sky.”

My mouth opened and closed but I could not think of anything to say. Liesaerl combed a feather from her great wings, then sighed softly and pointed to a window to my right. I nodded and went over to see for myself, this nation of Em.

“The clouds!” I shouted. “How is this possible?”

Beneath the tower was solid ground, and a town as far as the eye could see. But the horizon was markedly different; where there should have been a sea of water, here was a sea of cotton-white clouds. Faced with such a fantastic environment and various other curiosities, my body decided that it had enough. A cavernous growl rumbled through my stomach, and for the first time, I realized how hungry I was.

The governor merely raised an eyebrow and tilted her head. My face grew warm; an intruder and a famished one at that, not exactly the first impression I was trying to make.

“Come, Eternal one. We shall speak of these matters over a meal. It would be poor manners to keep a guest hungry.”

“Very well. Thank you, Governor.”

Was there anything else I could have said?

Edited by Crouching Bacon, 05 October 2016 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Sister's Keepers - Tael (Unbelievably Majestic)

"Buh.. Wahahaha!" the Lady Athena laughed uncontrollably as she realized what you're doing to her. Then, accepting your gesture, she shook your hand before suddenly jerking it towards her, causing you to lose your already failing balance and.. Well, you fell towards her. Of course, she was ready to break your fall, and you decidedly end up in her arms; a rather peculiar position, which would cause most men to blush.

"Careful with how you carry yourself, young man. Seducing a lady who has not experienced the company of men for a couple of years could cause you.. Problems," she whispered to your ears, which are, by the way, as red as beet.

Wait, what? Has not experienced the company of men for a couple of years? Aren't these unnaturally silent beefcakes around you not men, then? Could they be the illustrious masculine ladies? Your rattled brain does not seem to be able to process all the sudden information. And apparently your body is following suit, as it stopped listening to you and began tingling all over. Is this what they call being antsy? You never thought the word would be this literal.

"Well, what are you waiting for, Tael? Come, we'll talk in my private chamber," the Lady Athena continued.

And so you did.

-------=====>>>+<<<=====-------

Having entered the room, you realized that there's another woman inside. She seemed a lot like Athena, but slightly older. Perhaps she's her sister? Though she seemed to be sleeping at the moment, and is perfectly inanimate. Being the curious little rascal that you are, your eyes wander to the sleeping beauty's bed, and noticed a few metallic tentacle-like appendages attached to the bottom of it. That's a very curious looking bed, if you said so yourself.

Spoiler

"Well," Athena stated from her desk behind you, as if to stop you from ogling the sleeping beauty. "Have a sit," she continued as she gestured towards the armchair in front of her.

"Fist of all, let me reintroduce myself. I am Athena, Captain of Battle Barge Fortuna of Arius' Imperial Navy. The person you saw earlier was my sister Minerva, and she's.."

"The one powering the familiars outside?" Val interrupted the lady's explanation. With your mouth, no less!

".. It seems you know your way around magic, Tael. Impressive," Athena continued after a very brief pause.

"Then I'll cut to the chase," she continued, her composure regained. "Join me."

... What?

OOC:

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 16 October 2016 - 04:02 PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

King of the Forsaken Lands - Bjorn (Diabolical Rhapsody)

Following the frogmen elder, you arrived on a modest, but surprisingly extensive compounds of huts. It seemed that despite their weak appearance, the frogmen were thriving in this swampland. Quite the curious spectacle, you thought to yourself. All this time, you have made yourself believe that only those with strength is allowed to survive in this harsh, cruel world; yet here you are, surrounded by the eponymous weaklings that has somehow mastered the treacherous soils and made a home for themselves.

"Perhaps, power manifests itself in many, many forms," you thought to yourself. And the fact that such thought came from you alone surprised you. It seemed that meeting Aber and getting reborn has made more influence on you than you realized.

"Welcome to Sahagin's Village, O Mighty one," the elder announced to you, a hint of pride and endearment coloring his voice. Then, leading you to one of the biggest hut in the area, he announced that while it might not be much, you may feel free to rest and relax in it; spend some time in leisure as the villagers prepare the banquet for tonight. You took the offer and entered the hut and made yourself at home. It was quite cramped for someone your size, but since you do not carry much with you, the living space is somewhat enough for now. Soon, fatigue catches up with you and your eyes feel heavy. Was it the spell you used earlier? It is said that executing magic could be very taxing to those untrained in it.

After a short nap, you were awaken by a Sahagin entering your chamber. He (which turns out to be a she, but you are still unable to tell them apart) notified you that the banquet is ready, and gave you a sheet of smooth, lustrous fabric that feels exquisite to the touch. You can tell that it's of no trivial value, and tried to politely return the gift, but she was simply more persuasive than you are. Offering words of gratitude, you donned the garment (which they called Salamander's Silk) and stepped out of your little hut.

Outside, you were greeted with loud cheering and delicious aroma of roast fish, mussel, crayfish, and many other aquatic treats. There was also the familiar scent of ale wafting in the air, and it quickly set you into the festive mood. Gulping a huge barrel of it in one chug, you let out a powerful roar and joined the sahagins in their singing and dancing around the bonfire. A few barrels of ale later, you found yourself arm-wrestling with the puny frogmen, and became the undisputed champion of the village. Women (who does not seem much different from their male counterpart, you thought to yourself), swarmed you like bees are to honey. It was a wonderful experience. In fact, you had not remembered when's the last time you felt so happy before.

"I'm happy that our modest party is to your liking, O Mighty One," a familiar voice rang from your side.

"Elder," you greeted him in return.

And thus, the party continued late into the night, and you finally passed out from the effect of alcohol.

OOC:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades

Val speaking through our mouth was weird. We didn't know he could do that. We asked him in our thoughts if he had any other tricks he could do. We got no response. We moved on and tried to play it as cool as possible. Like we absolutely said that thing about the magics. Not some other guy with our mouth. We know things. We're smart. So we tried to look like we knew what was happening and payed attention. Athena then asked us to join her. Probably as some sort of deck hand, which was certainly better than the alternative. There were monsters outside of the ship. And no land in sight. We nodded gently as though considering it. "We'd like to ask some questions before we make any choices, if that's okay." We asked. "Like, maybe about where we are, what's happening, and the families on board." You mean Familiars. A Val shaped voice in our head whispered. We were pretty sure we could hear a smile. He was right. We had made a fool of ourselves. We must try to... do something. "Ah, we mean. You, uhh.. You mentioned yourself and Minerva were sisters. How about the other two ladies on board, are they part of your family too?" We think we got away with it.

Some time later, after we had talked with Athena for a while, we were full of new facts about the world. About the island country of Arius, and the crazy storms and monsters that had been plaguing them for the past two years. We learned about the familiars and the rune-cannons, and the deal Arius had made with Isce for such tools. A deal that had gone a long way towards almost wiping out the male citizens of Arius. That didn't sound good. We didn't know much, but if you couldn't repopulate a country it would slowly just die out with it's citizens. Val told us this. It sounded bad. It was really unfortunate too. For a whole country to die out for something a simple as not having any men. It's not like it was hard to be a man. We were a man. We even checked, just to make sure.

And so, we made our choice. We didn't have any real goal in life. We didn't even know who we were. Just that we fled the dark and fell into the salty-blue. Then Athena turned up with her boat. Maybe we were meant to help her, and help her country. Plus she seemed nice. We wanted to be her friend. So we decided to join her. What ever that meant. Val didn't seem to care either way. We didn't get much of a response when we asked him what we should do. "Okay Athena, we've decided we want to help you." We said at last, we'd been standing near a small window, looking out at the sea for a few minutes, in deep thought. Mulling over everything we'd learned. "We'll join you. We don't know how much help we'll be, we don't know much about ships, but if you give us a bucket we can probably clean the floors a bit or something."

OOC:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

The Silver Wolves of Rie - Echo (I-Am-X)

Having heard your ambiguous answer, the Captain could only shook his head. He needed all the hands he could get, but at the same time not convinced that you would not be a burden to his squad when the fighting began. Quite the dilemma indeed.

"We still have time before sunset," the Captain finally said. Soon afterwards, he produced two strips of ragged cloths and handed one to you and Garm each.

"Tie your swords to their scabbard with it," he commanded. "We'll have a short match to see if you're ready for real combat," he continued. Then, turning towards the young knight, he continued: "You, Rookie; you better not go easy on her. If her abilities were indeed lacking, it's better to see her getting beat here and now than to see her die on the battlefield."

Then, after giving the knight a pat on the shoulder, the Captain retreated to a safe distance and signaled for the two combatants to ready themselves. And not long afterwards, he signaled the fight to begin.

Standing before you, was Garm. The boy whose name you learned not too long ago. The first person you get to know in this new life you're given. In his hands was the long sword that he had kept sheathed behind his back when he first greeted you. And in yours, the long sword he gave you when he realized you were unarmed. Your mental capacity was inadequate to register him as a dear friend, yet it still feels weird for you to point your weapon on a familiar face. And from what it seemed, it was the same for the young knight as well.

He's slowly stepping sideways as he watched your every move, as if to learn your stance and behaviour with the sword. He adjusted his grip on his a few times, too, but his face told you that it was very unlikely for him to make the first move against you. He would most likely wait until you strike, defend against it, and wing it from there. He's both soft-hearted and inexperienced, and it showed on his movements.

What would you do?

OOC:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Into the Madness - Amaghi (Fuhrer Itulhu)

As you amass more and more magical power into your palm, you could feel the air surrounding you tremble. The spirits were growing restless, and began to screech soundless wails at your person. "They are afraid," you thought to yourself. And thus, you unleashed your spell, which soon takes the shape of a blinding arrow of light. It bounced off the pillars of ice, again and again; increasing its intensity with every bounce it made.

And indeed, they were afraid.

Yet, it is the cornered beast that bites most viciously.

From behind the blinding lights, the restless spirits began to rampage. They flew in reckless abandon, tearing and trashing everything in their path. And surely, one of the rogue spirits had managed to find its way towards you. Like a black lightning it darted towards you, both sickle-arms open and ready to strike. Yet before the black death managed to reach you, a blurry streak of white and black intercepted it.. with her body.

You had yet to fully understand what had happened before you when you see a torrent of warm, red liquid began to gush from "Cara"'s neck and lower torso. Nor were your body able to respond when the bloodied figure crumpled to the ground like a doll cut free from its strings. No, you were only capable of standing where you were, dumbfounded and disillusioned.

"Ar..ba.." you muttered weakly. To which an equally weak voice replied, "Are you alright, master?"

It was then that you realized what you have done. You have agitated the spirit. You have provoked them to attack, and Arba/Cara had suffered for it. You. You were the one responsible for the picture of hell that is painted before your eyes. It was all on you. ON. YOU.

And now that the light has subsided, the spirits had returned to their senses, and began to congregate around you; chanting all sorts of maddening words to you. "This would not have happened if only you were to quietly come with us.. 'tis are naught but consequences of your wrongdoing.. She would not have died if not because of you.."

...What would you do?

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Echo

Having given her response, the captain's reaction reminded her of how the wolf did in the forest of darkness. Why did the respond like that? She did reply truthfully, after all. Curious, maybe what she lacks as something to do with it. Still lost on what exactly it is, Echo wasn't given time to think on it as the man pulled out and handed her a piece of cloth, telling her to wrap it around the blade.

Apparently, not convinced of her answer, the man wanted the both of them, her and 'Garm', to fight. Echo wasn't sure exactly of the purpose of the cloth but she did as ordered, tying it tightly to the sword. Match.....Combat.... she ran over in her head, "Combat..." she repeated silently as unbeknownst to her, her eyes grew cold and fierce. Like a predator staring down it's prey, her eyes bore down on 'Garm'. Combat.... it repeated in her mind as something started to click.

Taking no real stance, she calming stood there with sword in hand, pointing towards the ground. As Garm started watching her, Echo began moving slowly but surely, keeping an eye on his expression, movements and the grip on his blade. For some reason, his movements were completely sloppy and his expression seemed ill-suited for 'battle'. Why is that I wonder? Curious... Tightening the grip on her blade, her movements started picking up pace before lunging forward with blade raised all of a sudden.

Taking advantage of his unsteady movements, before you knew it, Echo, acting on instinct, was almost right in front of him before unleashing a powerful swing with both hands. While there might've been no ill-intent behind it, even a seasoned veteran could mistaken it for killing intent. The cold expression on her face while doing so didn't exactly help that perception.

OOC:

Spoiler

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Bjorn - Champion of the Blood Throne

It was afternoon when he woke up from his festive stupor last night. It seemed that had passed out in the middle of the village at night. The fires had quietened and the frogmen were about their daily business. The elder came up to him with a weird smelling drink and told him to down it to cure his hangover. It had been his first time in this birth, experiencing hangover that is. He thanked him again and drank it.

"Now that I was thinking about what you told me, Elder. I'll need a flag of your village if I'm to go around uniting this empire." he said in a gruff tone. The fine Salamander's Silk was wrapped around his loins, he caught an occasional stare of the frogwomen but he ignored them.

"I'll leave for the west gate and travel on further. I thinking having a token of your tribe or a flag would serve to justify my claim. What kind of other tribes are surviving in these lands? Would they really rally behind me if I talk about you or would I have to show them my strength?" he said as he got up and stretched.

--

After having the answers from the elders, he set out to explore more about this Pricor empire. Maybe he'll find more otherworlders within its borders. He had a hunch that he wasn't alone. Aber rested across his shoulders as he marched on silently by the swamp, his senses sharp and his arm ready.

He'd leave the heavy thinking to his sleeping time, as long as he was out on the road it was all about survival. His blue underwear glistened in the evening light as it contrasted against his bluish black skin.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

The Redeemer - Amaris (Crouching Bacon)

Walking through the long, great corridor, you cannot help but notice seven statues standing gallantly on the sides. One in particular, the bustier of which decorated the double doors leading to what seemed to be the main hall, seemed very familiar to you. It's wings; the enormous circular halo above its head; and the motherly expression despite the childish look on her face.. There's no mistaking it.

"En, Guardian of the Endless Cycle. Surely you are familiar with her?" Lieserl said to you, noticing your apparent mesmerization with the statues.

You had known that, sure, but the revelation shocked you nonetheless. Does that mean that the people of Em are familiar with the wondrous being that returned you to life? "Then, these statues are?" you asked. To which Lieserl replied,

"Vassa the Prophet. Arba, the Keeper of Secrets. Fora the wise. Roce, the Enigma. Bal of the Paradoxical Truth. And Seir, the Keeper of Balance. Along with En, they are the seven Soul-Forged that were once housed in Em," she said as she pointed at the remaining six statues. "Though of course, most of them returned to the Void when the Blight struck two years ago."

The information was simply too much for you to handle. First, there was not one, but seven Soul-Forged that once dwelled in this floating land. You remembered En saying that there were 72 of them altogether, but to see this many of them at once was a shocker. And from what Lys said, it seemed that they were once a part of this side of the world, at least until this so-called "Blight" occurred two years ago. "What does that mean?" You thought to yourself.

And finally, the two of you reached the dining hall, where two other winged figure were already seated and waiting for you. The first, was a man with silver hair that seemed to have endured more winters than most, but unlike the typical withered man, he was still more than capable to endure a few dozens more. Lys addressed him as the "Grand Cordon", and paid an utmost respect to him. You though you should do the same, and bowed deeply as you stated your name. A gesture to which the gentleman replied with a curt smile and a polite bow as he too, stated his name.

"Laius Knox. A pleasure to finally meet you, Eternal one."

Spoiler

The second one, was a female with raven hair and wings. She seemed to be of a tender age, yet there was this air of wisdom and grandeur not found on somebody with little experience surrounding her. Lys addressed her as the "First Enchanter" and as she did with Grand Cordon Knox, she nodded politely as she addressed her.

"Is this how all people of high position carry themselves around others?" you thought to yourself as you awkwardly reintroduced yourself, this time to the First Enchanter. While it was not annoying per se, the formalities were rather suffocating to your taste.

"Marcille van Dine. Truly a pleasure to meet you, Eternal one."

Spoiler

"Heh. Even the reply was almost identical," you thought to yourself.

But after you were seated, and the food were brought in, you forgot about all the unpleasant things and joy filled your heart instead. You almost instinctively clapped your hands in glee at the sight of food, and reached out for it with a tuneful "Don't mind if I do~" before you realized where you were seating and froze in place. Embarrassed, you slowly raised your head, expecting faces of disgust from the other three greeting you.

Instead, what you saw was worse. Way worse. All three VIPs were averting their face from you, an arm covering each of their mouth. Their shoulders seemed to be trembling with unbridled fury. One that prevented them from seeing you and your disgusting demeanor directly, you thought to yourself. Yet, before you could apologize, something unexpected happened.

Laughter. Hearty, boisterous laughter erupted from the Grand Cordon. And soon, the two ladies bursted into giggles along with him. The seemingly cold First Enchanter was even moved to tears from her excessive laughing.

"Forgive us, Eternal one. The formalities must have been suffocating, was it not?" Lys finally said once her laughter subsided. "Please, forget about the manners from now on and enjoy the food," she continued, welcoming you to the feast.

And thus, the not-so-formal-after-all feast began. The four of you discussed a lot of things during the course of the meal: about how they received a prophecy that their guardian, En of the Endless Cycle, would return with a new champion with her; about the three VIPs intending to make the best impression on you and get over-the-top formal due to the tenseness of meeting a new champion after so long; and of course, you asking them about Em and its history in general, and they asking you how it was inside the void, and how you get to know En.

Spoiler

And at the end of the meal, the three people in front of you pleaded for you to join their cause.

What would you do?

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen
Blank,
As the face was soiled with a red tinge the mind grew blank.
The eyes grew black with nothingness, the mind void of all.

A body flopped down on the ground, as the head moved downwards the image of a bloodied human body etched itself into the eyes, in seeing this one would barely hear the voices of those responsible for the scene.
Who would bother registering the sound of something so petty?
If someone thought more of the situation in front of them right now they might have cried, maybe someone else would think of using their magic to attempt to heal... Maybe there was time, maybe the body could be saved.
But those thoughts did not cross the one who did see the scene. The one who did see it was blank.

“Let me ask you this” a voice as cold as the Ice pillars still in the area resounded in the eerie silence.
“Why are you all still bothering to talk?” The body of the voice engulfed itself in a chilling light.

As the question was ask some thoughts finally processed in the mind.
Blame yourself all you want, but before you blame yourself for holding the sheath, look to those who hold the hilt.
With Amaghi thoughts eventually processing in the mind a decision was made, there was no more need to speak to or warn the lowly spirits, with the light that left the body Amaghi would strike.

The light leaving the body turned to orbs, one prematurely erupted engulfing a small space in light.

It was clear Amaghi had only one goal now,
Total annihilation.

That was the intent at least.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Beasts of the Wild - Muninn

Battlecry. A powerful, awe-inspiring action a titular hero would use as his opening move in any open fight. Against human opponents, it would often instill a sense of terror, paralyzing them in place as their rattled mind frantically weighed the option to flee or fight. Against beasts, however, the effect were often more detrimental than they are beneficial. A fact made evident by the event unfolding before your eyes.

Hearing your cries, the pack of six wolves quickly discerned your position and moved out of harm's way; negating any advantages of surprise attack that you should have had beforehand. As a result, the only damage your ferocious trashing attack did to your supposed prey was a graze on one of the smaller, younger wolves' fore shoulder. To your surprise, the hide of the beast was terribly tough. It felt as if you were hitting a fine-crafted chainmail made of splendid woven steel.

"What? Is that all you've got? Laaaaaammmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee~!" Let urged you in his (especially) annoying voice within your head.

Angry and hell-bent on proving your worth to your new partner, you decided to continue your swinging in reckless abandon, until you finally needed to stop for a breath; an opportunity not missed by the dire wolves. One of the larger beast lunged straight towards you. It's impeccable timing managed to caught you off-guard, and you were forced to block its attack with your axe. True enough, you managed to stop the beast's fangs from reaching your tender neck. Yet, as a compensation, Let was now firmly lodged within its maw; and with a simple, yet powerful twist, you were forced to let go of him.

"Hah! So first you failed to draw some blood, and now you lose me?! What kind of a master are you?? Perhaps I should join the wolves instead? Huh? Huh? Huuuuuh?? AhyahyahyaHYAHYAHyAHYAHYaHYA!!" the obnoxious axe continued to mock your misfortune.

"Not helping, Let!" you screamed back at it, frustration beginning to build up within you.

And yet, the misfortune did not seem to end. Another wolf moved in from your blind spot, and lunged at you. Without a weapon to defend against it, you were forced unto the ground, pinned both by its massive strength and the sheer weight of its body. You would have died then and there, if not for the powerful, firm voice stopping said wolf from tearing your head from the rest of your body.

"Hold it," the voice stated in a calm yet powerful tone. "Do not kill the intruder just yet."

"Who.. Who's that?" you thought to yourself. Then, following the source of the voice, you saw an enormous black shadow. It was the largest wolf of the pack; the supposed Alpha Male, the leader of the pack. Though, as you realized it, his current form was no longer that of a quadrupedal beast. No, his form is now more akin to that of a human. A hulking human standing well above 7" tall, with heavy coat of fur and other bestial traits, that is.

Spoiler

"But young lord," the wolf above you protested in retaliation. "This person made the first move! Surely he's ready for the consequences.."

"I said; Let. Him. Go. I need him alive more than I need him dead. Or do you not trust me anymore, Luna?"

"But..!"

"Luna.."

Finally the other wolf, the so-called Luna, relented. With a scoff, it released you from its pin and it too, assumed a humanoid form. A female, this time. While smaller than the Alpha, she too, was of an incredible size. Somewhere close to 7" tall, you presume. That, coupled with the well-toned muscles covering her entire body, she gave off the impression that it would be to your best interest not to try anything funny, even after you regained your freedom.

Spoiler

The other four wolves then also assumed their humanoid forms. And while not as impressive as either the Alpha or Luna, each and every one of them seemed to be adept fighters, and would have no problem subjugating your average Joe within the count of minutes. Then, with six imposing figures surrounding you and Let securely (and strangely quietly) confiscated by the Alpha, you had not choice but stay where you stand.

"Now tell me, stranger. You do not seem to be a part of the Aslani. What do you want, prancing around in our territory? Who sent you here?" the Alpha finally asked.

Well.. What say you?

OOC Info:

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 31 October 2016 - 03:27 PM.

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

Narinogoril

I exhaled in a vexing tone as I lifted myself off of the ground, moving slowly as to avoid another rebuttal from the Man-Beasts. "Let!" I thought loudly. "LET!" I tried again. The infernal bickering of the axe was deposited directly into my head, there was no reason why I could not do the same. Let wasn't responding. I doubt that the "soul-bond" between could be so easily severed, even if the cretin intended to make good on his proposition of deserting me. It looked like Let had found a new, novel way to agitate me. Now Let refused to speak at all. Attempting to disguise my aggravation I rolled my shoulders and flexed my neck, darting glances back and forth at those surrounding me. It became obvious that I wasn't hiding much of anything well at all.

"Aslani? How should I know what that is...?" I said, before taking a quick moment to reconsider my speech. I don't remember much of myself, but groveling wasn't something I do or ever did, at the same time dying out of arrogance wasn't something I was into either. I breathing heavily in frustration of not being able to adequately rely any information at all. "I wanted a pelt and food, and I don't know anything else", I said patting the snow off my shoulders and back. The chill piercing my skin. Somehow my statement sounded almost like a demand even to myself. Digging my heels into the white matter I spoke some more, straining to sound at least a little regretful. "I didn't know you weren't just a pack of wolves, I wouldn't have tried to skin you if I knew you could speak." I said shrugging, a funnel of white air escaping my lips and into the heavens above.

Spoiler

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

The Road to Nowhere - Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne (DR)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne, Defender of the Sahagin, and, Proud Owner of the Silken Undies, trudged out of the Sahagin Village and into the oncoming night. A bold move, one that many would disagree with, but who needed those people? They were a bunch of Doubting Debbies. Bjorn had a strong arm, good eyes, and a friend that could turn into a massive, deadly warhammer. That counted for more than simple daylight in Aber's estimation. And so he kept quiet as you strode out of the village and into the marshlands, your way gently lit by an evening sky.

You walked along what the Sahagin would call a path, though most wouldn't dare to call it such. Perhaps a trail. It was essentially a slightly worn path of trodden dirt, intersperced with puddles, holes, and clumps of thick, rough grass. The low marshland mist clinging and swirling around your feet was cool and pleasant. It was also the only source of entertainment. Watching it swirl and poof around was more interesting than thinking about the thick smell of earth and dampness that enveloped the whole place. It was quiet out here too. The muffled kind of quiet that comes from the mist. When it chokes the life out of any sounds until you almost don't hear them, but you know they're there.

For hours now the only sound you've been able to hear clearly was the squelch of mud under your feet. It had been the soundtrack to the nights descent. But then, suddenly, there was something else. A sound that had crept up on you. A sound that started off so quiet and faint, and built so gradually, that you barely realized you were hearing it. A metallic thudding. Almost perfectly in time with the steps of your feet.

Following the noise you come upon the ruins of a wrecked tower. Once it was probably a somewhat impressive sight, a thick tower squatting on the marshy plains, looking for any signs of trouble. It had probably seen it's fair share of action. It had probably seen more than it's fair share to be honest, given the condition it was in. The place was all crumbled walls and rusted parts. There was firelight escaping from the remnants of a door frame and the rhythmic thudding was still going. But now there were voices. Many voices. One of them was screaming. Screaming in an odd type of voice that you recognized. It was definitely a Sahagin. Perhaps from the village you had left behind. Before long you had moved into a position where you could see through the door. The Sahagin was tied to a table, and surrounded by a group of cheering and jeering little creatures. They were short, green and ugly little humanoids.

Spoiler

A couple of the goblins were hitting stones against old shields in a bad attempt at the drums. Most of them were cheering and laughing, standing around the table the Sahagin was tied too. And one of them, wearing a fancy hat made of long blades of grass, was stood on the table, leaning over the Sahagin with a dagger in his hand. "Sacrifice!" He roared to those around him. The other Goblins replied with shouts and whoops of their own. "For the Blood God!" He yelled and plunged his dagger down towards the Sahagin's heart.

What will you do?

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

To Whom the Bell Tolls - Illuminati

5dba337e10e7f5e11b9ea25357efcdd3.jpg

The fear of realizing that you were, in fact, nothing but a fleeting existence in others' memories. That people, no matter how much you loved them in life, would eventually forget about you and move on in life. Such is the fear that's gripping your heart. Such, is the drive that fuels you to move forward; to follow the light, no matter what arduous journey it leads you into.

Never once did it cross your mind that the light's promise, too, might be a false one. Which is why, it terrified you to no end when you finally heard a tolling of the bell, and the abrupt fainting of the light that followed it. With every tolls the light disappeared more from your field of vision. And along with it, your sense of security. Frantically you ran to catch the light before it fades completely. Yet, all it accomplished was you losing your footing, and falling further into the abyss.

"Is this the end?" you thought. "Is it my destiny to be forgotten? Forever?"

As you fall deeper and deeper into the abyss, your mind grows weaker, and your eyes dimmer. Until at one point, you blacked out entirely.

Awakening from your slumber once more, you now noticed that you are in some kind of.. cave? You were not so sure. The place felt like an open space, but at the same time, enclosed. Looking around, you noticed two children playing merrily in the distance. Curious, you moved closer to the children. To check on them, to ask for direction, to be noticed. It was then that you noticed what was actually going on. What the so-called playing between the two children - sisters, as it may seem - entails.

You noticed that the first sister would produce dolls out of nowhere, and gave it to her younger sister to play with. The younger would then refuse, but inevitably accept her sister's gift, albeit reluctantly. Then, the moment she accepts the dolls, they will almost immediately crumble into dust. The elder sister would then smile wryly, and proceed to collect the ashes and mould them anew; and gave the new toy to her sister to play with.

The cycle continued endlessly as you watch, to the point where you think it broke the two sisters. They were crying and yelling, not because they hated each other; yet because they want the other to be happy, but the more they try and make things right, the more it hurts them.

*thump* you felt your heart beating. It aches. It makes you want to cry. To run over to the two sisters and embrace them, telling the poor souls that they will be alright. Yet no matter how much you run, the sisters' image would not get any closer. It was as if there is a gaping, uncrossable void between you and them. You fell, got up, and fell again, countless times. Yet reach them, you did not.

"That is enough," a rasp voice finally said from behind you. "Any more, and your soul will be consumed entirely," it continued, as its icy cold hands patted you on your shoulder, as if to calm you. To prevent you from running aimlessly any further.

Curious, you turned to see this person that stopped you from saving the sisters. And lo, the face of thousands death. A lifeless skeleton with jutting horns and burning eyes. The face of eldritch terror, forged from the shadows of nightmare. A form that, in its entirety, does no fit with the tender tone of his voice.

Spoiler

What would you do?

Edited by Faye, 06 November 2016 - 08:20 AM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

He Who Brings the Night - Juro

Believing, or rather, hoping that the voice would save you from the looming darkness, you followed the footsteps of light. Long and arduous were the trek, yet you marched on without repose, for you feared that the light would leave you, if you were not moving with sufficient haste. And who, you thought, would want to be left alone in this crippling darkness, where not even sound could pierce through?

Never once did it cross your mind that the light's promise, too, might be a false one. Which is why, it terrified you to no end when a trumpet horned in the darkness, and the light dispersed into a million fine threads before fainting entirely. With every blaring of the horn, the darkness inched closer towards you. And swallowed your sense of security whole, it did. Panicked, you turned away from the darkness, and ran with all your might. Yet, all it accomplished was you losing your footing, and falling further into the abyss.

"Is this the end?" you thought. "No! Nonononono! I am destined for greatness, aren't I? This is NOT the end!" you screamed in denial.

Yet it was all for naught. As you fall deeper and deeper into the abyss, your mind grows weaker, and your eyes dimmer. And at at one point, you blacked out entirely.

As if answering your frantic prayer, hazy lights greeted you upon your awakening. This light, however, was not warm. If anything, you reckoned that it was not the same light that you followed earlier.

"Better than the darkness," you thought as you timidly decided to walk towards the source of light.

As you entered the light, you noticed that you were then inside a forest path of some sort. The air was filled with a musty scent, and the wind were bitingly cold to your skin and bones alike. The trees by your sides were dry as bone, and colored the same chilling white as well. Yet for some reason, you thought that they were still the better option than the all-consuming darkness, and you continued to push on.

"I'd be fine as long as I do not stray from the path," you thought as you walked past the stone steps.

And finally, you arrived at a house of some sort. Relieved that you finally reached a safe haven at last, you knocked the door enthusiastically. And to that gesture, the door creaked open ever so slowly. Yet nobody was there to greet you. You tried to peer into the house, yet you found nothing but darkness in it.

..What would you do?

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands

What Dreams May Come

"That is enough," a rasp voice said from behind me. "Any more, and your soul will be consumed entirely."

"I... This isn't my fault," I replied to the dark stranger as I turned to greet him. "I-I don't deserve this. It was... Yes!! It was them!!"

But what greeted me in return was not hope but a dark, legless creature made of shadow and bone. The great beast hung before me like a hanged man as it danced silently on the still, dead air. Around it's neck was a crown of bleached skulls, but it spoke with an elegance and sophistication that defied reason.

"Did they send you?" I asked finally. "First the nothingness -- the emptiness. Then the voice and light. And now the children? What sort of nightmare is this that I have been banished to? Where is he?"

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Friend or Foe? - Narinogoril the Harbinger of Terror Update (Munnin)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ha! You wanted a pelt! So you attacked an entire pack of wolfs in Fenris territory?" It wasn't really a question. More of a statement. "You must be fairly confident in your fighting skills, eh? We could use some good fighters." He looked at you appraisingly.

Luna looked appalled and began stumbling over her words. "But- If- Wh- He tried to attack us! He's an enemy!"

"An enemy? Look at him. He's hungry, cold and probably lost. But an enemy, Luna? Perhaps if we make him one, but I prefer to make allies. He's already shown himself to be damn near fearless." The large wolf-man looks you in the eyes with a piercing stare. "And we could benefit from having a fearless companion. Even if he isn't one of us. We're at war right now in case you'd forgotten Luna."

"
Waaaaaaaar..." Let whispered sounding awed, as though he'd just seen something amazing.

"I'll never forget." Luna replied firmly, a suppressed tone of fury in her voice.

"Hey. Nariiinoooo? Can we please have a war? Just a little one I promise! Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeease?" Let asked as sweetly as he knew how. The tone was unsettling really.

"Nevertheless, I suppose we can't just ask this man to help us out of the blue like this." The wolf-man continued. He turned back to you. "What do you say we get you some thicker clothes, some food, and then we can escort you through our lands so as to avoid any more accidental assaults? In exchange for that, I'll tell you of our situation here. When we get to our border you can decide for yourself what you want to do. Maybe once you hear what's happening you would like to stay and potentially aid us, or perhaps just continue on your way. Either way will be fine. But I'd appreciate it if you could give me the chance to explain the situation a little. At the very least, the information might prove useful for you if you choose to simply continue on your journey."

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Sister's Keepers - Tael (Unbelievably Majestic)

In response to your outlandish reply, Athena could only stare dumbfounded.. before erupting to another fit of laughter. "Y'know, we would've given you an entire mansion in return of your favour should you ask, yet you ask for a bucket?" said the lady in between her laughter, all the while wiping some tears off her eyes.

"Very well then. It'll still be a few couple of hours 'til we reach Capital city of Arius. Your task would be to familiarize yourself with the crew until then," she then continued after finally regaining herself from the laughing bout. And with that, your first task as a seaman on the vessel Fortuna was decided.

! You have exactly enough time to bond with 1 of the NPCs onboard. Use it well :3

Spoiler

The Silver Wolves of Rie - Echo (I-Am-X)

There is an old saying amongst the Knights of Rie that 'Experience is Wealth'. As a nation that was once oppressed and terrorized by the myriad of demi-humans around their borders, the inferior humans of Rie were obsessed with the idea of training in order to gain strength. It is their belief and supporting pillar that 'given enough time and practice, even a human could overpower the brutish orcs, and outrun the lithe elves in combat.'

As such, the entirety of Rie's now-renowned combat prowess lies not in strength nor speed, yet in skills; finesse, precision, efficiency, and even trickeries that could bridge the gap in innate abilities between the physically inferior human and their demi-human adversaries. It is suffice to say that, not one of the sworn Knights of Rie are as weak as their appearance would suggest. And this is a fact that you would soon learn firsthand.

Reacting to your powerful downward swing, the seemingly-helpless boy in front of you shifted his weight ever so slightly to your right, evading the attack with paper-thin margin. Then, with a slight adjustment of his wrists, he entered a stabbing stance, and using both your forward momentum and his swaying center of gravity, he went for a stab at your undefended midriff.

The attack was painless. You did not even feel anything except a slight discomfort on your stomach. Yet you could feel yourself getting pushed backwards, and at the peak of the attack, you were already sent flying backwards.

You landed safely on your feet, unscratched and unharmed. Nothing has changed from the beginning of the combat. The boy was standing where he was, roughly six feet from where you are. Both of you still had your swords in your hands, and nobody was hurt or lying on the floor unable to continue the match. Yet the result of the fight was clear. It was your loss.

Edited by Faye, 29 December 2016 - 05:43 AM.