Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[IC] Oblivion: A Story Forgotten

oblivion build your cs running out of tags here

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

OBLIVION

A Story Forgotten

oMqat7F.png

Wraith of the Hammer - Diabolical Rhapsody

Whilst the light might impart upon others hope, it is rage that fills your heart as you answer to its whispers. It is not salvation that you seek. Neither is it peace; nor an ending to your pain and suffering. No, you would have stayed inside the darkness if that is what you wanted.

Thus, with your blood boiling, and your arms aching for another chance to take a swing upon your foe's face, your legs followed where the light leads you. And finally, after what feels to be an Aeon, you reached your destination. Before you, is a narrow corridor that ends with ornate double doors; forged out of cast iron, and seemingly impossible to shatter. The doors are heavy, yet your arms have yet to lose their edge. As you pushed with all your might, the door creaks open, and from within mist and mercurial light pours out.

You have found yourself inside an arena; a circular opening with walls impossible to climb surrounding it. A gladiatorium, if you may. At the center of it, a massive shadow, the size of a mountain stands in silence. Its arms are bound to the ground firmly by multiple chains, each and every one of them thick enough to hold a battle barge at bay.

As you walked closer, the wraith opens its eyes, and a familiar voice enters your ears.

"Ye who seek for limitless power, prove thine worth to me!" the voice bellowed as the monstrous being started to move. In one vicious motion, it breaks all of its bindings, and swing its right arm at you. You quickly jumped out of its reach, and are right in time to see the Earth you stood on just a second ago turns into a massive crater.

You have managed to keep your life for now, yet your instincts told you that the next time the shadow moves, it would not be that easy to keep it that way.

Opponent Info

Spoiler

Wraith of the Daggers - Unbelievably Majestic

While others may chase the light in hopes of acquiring limitless power, you have chosen to follow it out of fear. Fear of the darkness. Fear of the unknown. Somewhere deep within your core of being, you wishes for the light to guide you away from the crushing darkness. What you seek, is to see once more. To know once more. To feel that fuzzy feeling of familiarity in this world filled to the brim with unknown terror.

So you ran with all your might. Desperately did you follow the light's guidance. Yet never once did you stop to question if the light is supposed to be trusted.

Now that you have realized this, your steps draws to a full stop. And from behind your ears, you hear the once-warm voice turn into a sinister whisper.

"Oh you young, miserable souls; why did you stop?" The voice, or rather, voices, asked. "Did you not wish for limitless power? A power to keep the darkness at bay?" they continued, every word clearer and more dire than the last.

On full alert, you turn to your back, hoping to identify the source of the voices. And before your eyes, you see the light coalesced with the darkness, forming a tall, imposing pale figure with long, flowing cape of pure darkness. You could barely see its face, yet from that limited view alone, you could sense that the thing is not a friendly one.

Then again, it is not attacking you. Perhaps you could parley with it?

Opponent Info

Spoiler

Wraith of the Polearms - Crouching Bacon

What is it that the light wants with you? You ask yourself as your legs carry you to your destination. Death is like an old friend to you, and you were eager to welcome it. Yet, the light had pulled you away from your reunion with Death. For what purpose? It promised you of power, of a cause; Yet it did not specifically state what is it that it wants from you.

Moments later, you arrive at what seems to be the answer of your questions. Before you stands a hooded, masked figure. Whilst its visage may drive others into fear, your mind and soul are calm. What others perceive as the Grim Reaper, you see as a light bearer within this world of darkness. Instantly, you realize that the being in front of you, is indeed the voice that's been calling you all this time.

You wished for the being to start talking, yet no matter how long you waited, it kept its silence. Perhaps, you should be the first to initiate the conversation?

Opponent Info

Spoiler

Wraith of the Tome - Fuhrer Itulhu

There are some who follows the light out of avarice. Others, out of fear of the expanding darkness. There are even others who do so out of curiosity. And then, there is you. Your reason for following the light is not the thirst for endless power, nor the fear of death, nor the sense of curiosity. It is not even of random impulses. No, yours is something much more simple; much more basal.

Lust.

You lust for companionship. And in this so-called light, you can feel the existence of something other than yourself. Thus, you decide to blindly follow it, with your biggest fear being to find nothing at the end of the road. You do not care for the fact that the light brought you to steep grounds or deep trenches. You do not care for the fact that it leads you through a winding labyrinth of thorns. No, you do not care where it takes you, as long as it does not leave you alone.

And finally, you reach the end of the road. The footsteps of light have all but vanish, and before you, is what seems to be a reflection of yourself. A miserable being, bound by countless threads of darkness; voided of all senses by the infinite veils of darkness.

Yet not all hope is lost. Perhaps, the creature in front of you merely resembles you. It might be an entirely different entity, with its own set of thoughts and opinions. All you need to do, is ask.

Opponent Info

Spoiler

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS:

You DO NOT have access to your weapon just yet. So you're going into the trials bare-handed. Good luck!

Edited by Faye, 20 June 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Us

We remembered running. Fleeing. It was probably something we did a lot once. At least we thought so. It felt that way. Familiar. Even the fear was familiar. Running scared. We wondered why it felt so right. But we didn't know why, just that it did. So we ran. We ran for what was either a very long or very short time. We aren't sure which. But eventually we thought of something. Why are we running to the light? Is the light better? What if the light was bad... Should we be running to it? Our feet stopped. Unable to decide which way to run. We spun around looking, trying to choose. And then we heard the voices.

Turning to face them was a mistake. We instantly regretted not just running instantly. Because when we faced the thing. We didn't want to turn our back to it again. We didn't want to know that the thing existed. We wanted to run again when we saw the thing. We wanted to run back to the light, but we didn't dare turn our back to the thing now. We wanted to look back the way we were running, just to see if the light was waiting for us. But we didn't have the courage. And we didn't think it would be there for us. Just shadows. That's all there would be now. Nothing but shadows again. Shadows, and the thing.

A faint whimper came from our lips, though it was unsummoned it was not unwelcome. For it reminded us of our voice. "W-Who are you? What do you want?" We ask while we try to back away slowly. Our soft voice coming our quiet with not a single drop of menace to it. We vaguely remembered our voice having a more cheerful note to it. But not now. We don't know whether we wanted the thing to answer or not. We can't imagine liking it's answers. But at least if it was talking, it wasn't chasing. That would be a good thing. Hopefully.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
The light glittered, almost blinding him in its brilliance yet he couldn't feel any warmth from it. A surge of malevolence filled his veins as blinding anger came on instead, his maw stretched into a diabolical grin as he began his lumbering dash.

Onwards, the light took him, deeper into the darkness. washing every last bit of sanity and sense from his visage as he felt nothing but pure rage till he entered into a gladitorium; meeting with his object of ire.

The wraith towered over him, his frame massive and overbearing yet he was not intimidated. His rage had honed him into a being of a single sense; the sense of destruction. He guffawed wildly at the beings challenge, or rather this situation made him the pretender.

The wraith broke his chains like weak sticks, too few to bound a beast of such potence as he brought down its fist to pound him into the ground. The attack was like lightening but he was reacting on instinct alone and a sense of self-preservation as he rolled sideways to dodge.

Seeing the large towering beast wind up for a second strike, he decided to seize the initiative. A strike was deadly only at the end of its swing. He dashed at the beast hoping to jump from his knee to land a vicious uppercut. 

If only he could somehow reach its horns, he'd wrench them from its skull. 

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

"Who am I?" the shadow repeated your question. "You know, from where I come, nobody asks for my name. Do you know why?" It continued in a rather gleeful, yet sinister tone. It then proceed to bow down and put its face right in front of yours, and gave you a full, toothy smile. "It's because I'm pretty famous and they already know my name! Hah! You did not see that coming, do you?" the shadow exclaimed before it started guffawing uncontrollably at his own supposed-joke.

Before you could comprehend the absurdity, however, the shadow regained its composure and straightened its body before sitting elegantly in a newly-materialized armchair.

"Be at ease, young one. I am not here to fight. I'm here to test if you are worthy of power. My power," it then said. "But since you are nice enough to not run away from me, I would say that you have passed your first test. And since I'm in a good mood, I'll even let you choose your next test: would you like a test of bravery, or a test of wits?"

Your decision to rush towards the center of the beast's gravity was a correct one. The only fallacy to your judgement, was the fact that you had discounted the fact that the beast was also capable of locomotion. As you jumped towards it; it too, jumped backwards to maintain its distance from you. Stuck mid-air with your target gone, you can only brace for impact as the inevitable retaliation drew closer.

Like a mosquito, you were squished between the beast's palms. You could feel your bones rattling and your eardrum rupturing from the sonic explosion it caused. Yet, the steely, gargantuan walls of muscles never did reach your body. For reasons unknown, the beast had spared your life. Or so it seems, for the moment. Positioning you steadily in his hand, the gigantic beast drew you closer to his face before addressing you.

"Whilst I commend you of your bravery to not flee in front of insurmountable predicament, I must say that I am not impressed with your recklessness. Are you really so blind to not see the difference in power between us?" the beast questioned.

You still have the power in you to let fly a punch or two, and the beast's face is really quite close to you that your fist might actually land on him. Yet, you have been shown the difference in power between you and the beast. So what would you do? Do you risk it all and fight, or do you choose to converse with this beast, hoping that its eyes perceive valor in diplomacy?

Edited by Faye, 02 July 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

How long have I been wandering here alone? A day? A month? A year? Is there even such a thing? Does the answer even matter?

All that matters is the voice, the voice that gives a faint light of hope, but what was that hope again? Ah that's right…. Maybe, just maybe I am not alone in this. Maybe i can find another to wander with.

The thoughts of the lonely one continued as it struggled to rise again after falling countless times, but as weak as it was from the treacherous paths the entity continued on clinging onto the faint hope even if the body completely broke in the process.

But alas finally the end was reached, the end of the road that seemed to have gone on for eternity… or maybe not. Though with the end in reach one should have found their hope… but instead the hope drained as the ever so lonely one was faced with a reflection?

No, surely not, that can not be me I am not… Wait who am I?... What am I? How can i deny? No it can’t be me… but every time I approach it feels as if no distance is covered…

There is only one thing I can do… or maybe there isn’t anything I can do.

Lost, alone and ever so tired it seemed to weigh its odds, and ultimately the one thing that drove the lost lamb was it’s fear.

Not a fear of death, or weakness, or even being lost in the darkness forever.

The fear of traversing it all alone was all it felt.

“G-greetings…. May I ask who you are? Could I even be so inclined as to ask some more of you?” For some reason the lonely one trembled as it feared the possible answers in response, or worse… none at all.

Edited by Führer Itulhu, 26 June 2016 - 11:03 AM.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

His instinct was spot on but his judgement not so much, he had conveniently forgotten the fact that his predator was not stationary. A grave mistake, a mistake that deserved death and yet it never came. he was plucked from mid air into the beasts massive hands. Now that he saw the looming figure closely, he felt his rage dissolve away. he could see a small vestige of his corroded sanity hold on tightly as the figure spoke.

Out of disappointment and a bit of intrigue, it had ascertained that he was a mighty fool. Someone who'd lunge headlong into the abyss if it meant that he could have something to cleave or fight against. Perhaps, it didn't share the same mentality as him. Its words meant that some caution may have served him well, he would have done better if he had observed the enemy. But that wasn't him, not at all. He was a creature of instinct and wild rage, all he desired and cared for was the lust for battle. To break and be broken, a simple being who followed the nature's law with zealousness.

"Death comes to all or so I feel. What matter it would have served running from you, great one. It was you who threw yourself at me, no matter the odds I never back down from the fight."

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Us

We believed that the thing was famous as it claimed. You wouldn't forget the thing if you meet him. And you remember his name. And you tell everyone you meet to be careful. Because the thing exists. A small laugh somehow escaped our mouth as he made his joke right in our face. It might have been a nervous laugh. But we did find it kind of funny, even though the thing was scary. Now that the thing had started talking it actually didn't seem as scary. Actually, we thought it seemed pleasant enough for a nightmarish terror. And that was much more than what we had expected. It didn't stop the thing from being horrifyingly scary. Obviously. But we welcomed any improvement to the whole situation. And now it was sitting in an armchair. We can only assume it either just made the thing appear, or we were too scared to notice it until he sat in it. Either way, if we had to run again the thing sitting down would be a little head start for us. And that was nice.

The thing told us we were to be tested. We didn't want to be tested. We wanted to be alone and safe. The thing didn't seem like it would give us that option though. It chased us here before after all. But if we could pass the tests maybe the thing would leave. Yes. That was a good plan. Do what it wants and hope it turns out for the best. So we start to choose. Do we want a test of wit, or of bravery for our next trial. Wit. Obviously. We aren't very brave. We know that. We feel that deep in our core. Even if we hadn't just got done fleeing in terror from shadows, we would have know this. We wouldn't pick bravery. We knew we wouldn't.

So we thought about it some more. Even though we knew our answer. Because it needed more thought. In case we were wrong. We wonder what the tests could be. Will the Wit test be a trial of counting? Or a trial of words? A riddle? And what about the Bravery trial? We don't know what that could be. Would we be told to fight a wild monster? To jump from somewhere high? Or... Or! We had an idea. We wonder if maybe this, right now, was the bravery test. Only a brave person would choose the bravery test. Maybe that was the test! It was a test in and of itself. Maybe. Unless it was really a big scary thing next. After being so brave as to pick the test, you actually have to do something brave. Oh no. That would be terrible. It was not for us. We knew that. We knew it from the start. "Wit." We say.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 26 June 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Right after you answered it, the shadow froze into full silence. And to be honest, reading his mood is beyond you. And this scares you. A lot. Like, a lot kind of a lot. Before you decided that you had picked the worst possible pick of the two and flee, however, the shadow stood from his armchair and whispered ever so softly to you.

"Marvelous. You passed the test," it said in a tone you have yet to hear thus far. It sounded formal; almost polite, even.

"I ask you to pick one, a test of bravery or a test of wit. It is indicative that both options are separate, and therefore, the test of wits would not require any display of bravery. Which means, it would not involve any risk on your side, for facing a risk requires bravery. In picking the test of wits over the test of bravery, is indeed, a splendid display of wits. And by doing so, you have finished the test before it even begun. Well done, mortal."

Having said that, the shadow's form erupted into a violent yet contained whirlwind of concentrated darkness and lingering light. And once the storm subsides, all that is left was the form of a man, masked and cloaked in tattered clothing that somehow resembles the shadow, yet much less chaotic.

"Before I tell you my name, however, I would like to ask you one thing: was this the result you have on your mind when you picked your answer?"

Spoiler

"There is a fine line between bravery and foolishness, young one. For when the fool knows not his fear, the brave understands it. He acknowledges it, embrace it, and ultimately, overcome it. Running headlong into danger without first understanding it; is an act of folly, not bravery," the beast reprimanded you. You understand his words, yet acknowledging it as the truth is a different matter entirely. In fact, all you learned from the conversation, is that the two of you are the two faces of a coin. Essentially the same, yet at the same time very different.

Seeing this, the beast kneeled to put you on the ground before continuing his speech. "I see in your eyes that my words are not sufficient to lift the blind your rage has put over your eyes," it said in a tone that is both calm and angry at the same time. A controlled rage would probably describe his being in your eyes. "But it is true that I see potential for greatness in you. Should you choose to accept, I shall be your companion. Wield me in your arms, and see the world with you own eyes, and feel its vastness with your body. Maybe in doing so, you will grow some wisdom of your own."

"Before all that, however, do tell me your name."

Spoiler

Wraith of the Instruments - Jodie Kidd

Whilst for the others the light was merely a guide, to you it is your saviour. Not only does it actively drive the darkness away from you, its brilliance had reminded you of the songs you thought you have lost. You did not need to come into the light, for even as you stand, or rather, kneel in complete stillness, it is making its way to you.

Whilst others see the horrendous forms of eldritch terrors, all your eyes perceive from within the light, is a majestic, elegant form. Two great horns adorn its head as a crown adorn a king's. Underneath it, a pair of eyes gleamed with both wisdom and an air of mystery. All of these, are set on top of a slender body that you could only call beautiful.

And then it was all complete when you heard its voice; melodious, airy voice, reverberating serenely and clearly as the ring of a wind chime. "Mortal being, is it you who summoned me?"

Opponent Info

Spoiler

In response to your question, a voice entered your mind. You know for a fact, that the voice was yours. Yet, you also know that what it said, was not your doing. Truly, it was a weird sensation. To converse with yourself, yet it is not you who you converse with. Was it your mind that's playing tricks on you to prevent you from breaking down even further? No, it did not feel that way. It felt as if you are looking into a mirror, and found that the you on the other side, was in fact not you.

In any case, you have decided that it is the being in front of you that is talking to you with your own voice.

"That question, is not mine to answer. Who I am is for you to decide. What do you want me to be? A friend? A foe? Or perhaps, just another voice inside your head?"

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I listened the great beast as he expanded on his philosophy of existence and power, of foolishness and bravery. Though it was hard for me to follow, I knew in my heart of hearts that it was true. He was a being similar to me yet very different, having found a way of channeling the voracious rage within. I knew because I could see it in his eyes, eyes that were filled with wisdom and overwhelming strength, eyes that triggered a memory, a memory of a time I don't remember well but it was a story that maybe a maternal figure close to me had narrated. Of a god my kind had worshiped, he who reveled in blood yet whose eyes held a cold restraint amidst fury.

The wise one put me down thinking that perhaps he can teach me better if he accompanies me, it was a blessing, to be on a journey with a blood god. I nodded at his query before searching for an answer within the recesses of mind but it was futile.

"It has been so long that I have no memory of a name, old one. Perhaps you can choose a name fitting for me, it would be my privilege to have you as my teacher in my path in this world. What you said was true, a sword that spends too much time on the whetstone becomes chipped and brittle, I need you to teach me how to tame the beast within."

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 03 July 2016 - 03:22 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Us

We passed the test! We did it! No bravery required. This was good. Very good. Until it got super scary again. BOOM! There was light. There was wind. We didn't know what was happening, or how to react to it. But eventually... The thing became a man. Or at least, we thought so. It looked like he was the same person. Only now he was made of flesh and bone instead of shadows and nightmares. It was another significant improvement in the levels of spookiness we were experiencing. Soon, though, the man spoke again. And he had another question.

Oh dear.

Was this another test? A secret test upon a test. The Secretest. That was worrying. We had no way of knowing. We were told last time, but if this time was a secret... We didn't know... We would just have to tell the truth. "We... No... We didn't think picking Wit was the Wit test. But we thought picking Bravery might have been the Bravery test. You'd have to be brave to even choose it we thought. But if that wasn't the bravery test, we would have had to do something brave even after picking it. We aren't brave. So we didn't take that risk. We chose Wit. Which we thought was probably a riddle or something." We looked at the man. Hoping we hadn't failed the Secretest. If such a thing existed.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 July 2016 - 10:55 AM.

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts

In response to the questioning of the lonely individual the creature spoke, but in the end it was merely a voice. or was it?

the voice resounded in the head as it looked through the mirror, at that moment the owner of the voice realized it was their own voice in their head... but it wasn't they who thought.

Even if it was the same voice at the same time it felt so... different, as if something else had taken a hold of the voice. yet it felt like there was no one else, even when it gazed into the mirror...

but wait is that me in the mirror?

It sounds like my own voice in my head.... but... why does this appearance feel so wrong when I gaze into the mirror? it feels as if something has twisted my reflection to hide the truth.

was this some form of twisted game? to torment the one who just wanted to not be alone? no even that did not feel right.

Maybe it was time to reply to the voice instead of thinking on it for eternity.

the answer to the voice was simple.

"I only wish to not be alone"

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

That's Why I'm here

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

"It seems that you had passed the test of bravery as well," the masked man replied to your answer. Judging by his casual demeanor about it and the speed of which his reply came, it seemed that he was expecting that kind of answer from the get go. The scary, eerie creature that your eyes perceived at first had all but disappear. The only thing standing in front of you is now, something more akin to a proud father in front of his treasured children.

Before you know it, the man solemnly bowed to you and declared, "I, Val of the Thousand Blades, one of the seventy-two soul-forged, hereby appoint you to be my next master. May my strength, wit, and even cunning be your support on your thorny path to glory."

As he finished his declaration, the same light that called you from within the darkness started to converge around your body, giving it a shape, and a face once again. What was once nothing but a part of never-ending darkness, had once again reclaimed its seat as one of the living. On your new body, carved out of nothingness into your ideal image of self, a Sigil of the Thousand Blades was etched on the back of your left hand.

"Now, my new master, would you be so kind to let the world know your name?"

Spoiler

Having heard of your decision, the beast let out a hearty laugh, and his enormous self erupted into a massive inferno of flames and smoke before reappearing as what seems to be your equal. No longer monstrous in appearance, the being in front of you still exudes the same scent of power, if not stronger. With a wide grin, the new husk of the beast took your hands and declared your new name for the world to hear.

"Very well! Then I, Aber the Valorous, Guardian of the Throne of Blood, one of the seventy-two soul-forged, shall recognize you as my champion! Rise, Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne!"

As he finished his declaration, the same light that called you from within the darkness started to converge around your body, giving it a shape, and a face once again. What was once nothing but a part of never-ending darkness, had once again reclaimed its seat as one of the living. On your new body, carved out of nothingness into your ideal image of self, a Sigil of the Valorous was etched on the back of your left hand.

"Now tell me, my champion. Are you ready to bring a revolution to the world?"

Spoiler

Having heard your response, the visage in front of you.. kept its silence as it always did. It is silent, as it is still. Was your entreat for naught after all? Is it your fate to wander the darkness alone, after all?

Having learnt of such possibility, you could not help but erupt in a desperate howl. You ran as fast as your legs would take you, in order to catch the ever-distant mirage that is your only companion. Your hands clawed fruitlessly, trying to get a hold on the tendrils of scriptures that enveloped your other self, your reflection, your only companion, your only tether to sanity. Tears of sadness and desperation, the only two pure things you still have in your possession, run freely from both holes on your void skull upon which eyes would have rested, if you only had them.

What have you done in the past life that warrants such cruel punishment? You thought to yourself. As you cursed your fate and your foolish old self for letting this happen to you, a faint voice entered your mind. And this time, it was not yours.

"..." the voice silently whispered to you. To others, you would most probably looked as if you have lost your sanity from the tremendous mental torture you just undergone. Yet, you know within yourself, that the silence in itself is the wraith's reply to your request, your entreat, your desperate actions.

"Are you sure it is my company that you prefer over the sweet slumber of oblivion?" it asked you, as if confirming your resolve. And as you sounded your wordless reply, the cocoon of chains and scriptures began to undone. From within the towering wraith, emerged a being of pure white. A woman, petite and delicate, as if she were to scatter into dust if you very much give her a gentle touch.

Spoiler

"I am Arba, the Keeper of Secrets." it finally introduced herself to you. "My whispers have driven countless savants to madness, and thus, I sealed myself within this darkness," she continued. Her voice was as hauntingly beautiful as it was maddening. "Yet just like you, the loneliness was this close to crushing from the inside. So I ask you once again, would you walk alongside me from here onwards, despite the risks?"

She had now opened her eyes, and for the first time ever, you could see her face in full. Her gaze is almost as blank as yours. Her expression, almost as desperate as yours. It was no wonder you could not help but think that she and you are one and the same previously, even if you are two separate existence. She is, in all sense of the word, your reflection. Same, but different at the same time.

... Would you take her extended hand, and risk madness, the ultimate loss of self? Or would you rather return to the darkness, where you could spend the rest of your mortal life in a sweet slumber?

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 17 July 2016 - 10:29 AM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Us...?

The Secretest! It. Was. Real. And somehow we managed to pass that too! We said a silent little prayer to us, to thank us for managing to save us. We had done good. Somehow...

Before we knew it the scary man bowed deeply at us. Which we thought was odd. He introduced himself as Val. Val of the Thousand Blades. We wondered how he got the name, but didn't ask. Just in case he killed us and became Val of the Thousand and One Blades. He seemed much more friendly now though. Her said he was a soul-forged. Another thing we kindly didn't ask about. And then he decided we were his new master for some reason, and told us we had a thorny path ahead. We hoped it wasn't too thorny. We preferred clear paths with soft grass footing, just like back home. Home? That was an interesting word. We tucked it aside for later. It could wait, because now light things were happening again and we were hoping real hard that another thing was going to appear. It didn't. Instead... We, appeared...

Arms, legs, hair around our neck. We came back to our shape. It was comfortable. Familiar. And yet not, in a strange way. There was a mark on the back of our left hand that we were surprised by. So we assumed we had never had the mark before. Val, we thought, must have given it to us. We had no other ideas. So it must be that. We didn't dislike it anyway, it was actually kind of cool, so we didn't complain.

Val spoke again as we were getting used to our body. Asking us for our name. Our name? We hadn't considered such a thing for as long as we could remember. We were us. Other times we just... were. We didn't remember our name. So we were very surprised when we opened our mouth and spoke. "Tael." We said, and we knew it to be true. "My name is Tael."

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

"I do not know" she said. Before her was a being, somehow she could sense it was old and powerful. 

"I merely followed the light, and here I am" she said bowing politely. The beast regarded her quietly as if in consideration.

Light danced across its form, like a kind of iridescent sheen. Its emerald eyes gleamed, and within them she saw mystery.

"I would tell you my story, and maybe you can tell me what you think?" she said. She did not feel fear, from the majestic creature in front of her.

After all one touched with such grace, elegance and light.

So she brought out her violin, and began a song. The song carried and conveyed her song in a way that mere words could not convey.

From the notes burst a light of her own, dancing and making shapes , shifting into hues reflecting the story of the song.

From it she and the creature discovered her name Aurora

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bjorn the Savage Knight of Blood Throne

A guffaw emerged from the beasts massive body as he heard my words, before me an inferno raged full of sparks and smoke before the beast morphed into a more humanoid appearance. One that held the same menace of the Goliath that had appeared before. He laughed as he named me, Bjorn.

Bjorn! it had a nice ring to it, like a heavy hammer sinking into a skull. The sound of that messy crack.

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne. An inkling of happiness fizzled within me. Bjorn!, I repeated. As if the words themselves were a spell the light wrapped itself around me. Changing me from within and without, as I could feel an inkling of strength return to me. Moments ago, I was just an angry, raging soul. Now, I had a body that could channel that rage. A rage taht would be tempered by the blessings of the great beast that was Aber the Valorous.

As thick muscles and sinew adorned my skeleton and my maw was filled with countless jutting teeth, I repeated my name. "Bjorn"

I could feel the power surging within me, as if satisfied by his handiwork the beast smiled and asked me his question.

"Yes, old one. I am ready to bathe this world in blood of the unworthy."

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades - Unbelievably Majestic

"Tael!" the masked man repeated in a joyous roar. You could feel the air surrounding you tremble as he did so. And so did your blood. It was as if they were all racing backwards to your heart in fear of what to come. Your muscles tensed up to the point that your limbs felt like they're made of rock. Your whole body grew cold. All but your left hand, where the sigil of power is etched on. It's burning, searing both your flesh and your psyche as if to brand them as their property.

Unable to withstood the pain, your mind began to collapse on itself. Your eyes grew dim, and your senses dull. Right before you passed out, however, you heard Val whispers to you.

"Your journey shall be filled with untold perils; some of which would carry so much weight that you'll fell like you're going to be crushed under it. Yet fear not, for you hold the ultimate power within you. Walk proudly, and know that you're predestined for Greatness."

----------=======>>>>> + <<<<<=======----------

You could feel your body sway left and right, as if you're being lulled by a great motherly figure. Faint as it may, the rhythmic sound of waves started to fill your ears. From above, you could feel the warm sun ray kissing and the pleasant breeze dancing atop of you in joy. A sensation you had never even imagined exist during your time as a part of the darkness of nothingness.

Slowly, you opened your eyes. You then tried to move your legs, your hands, and your fingers. They felt rather heavy, but you then realized that it's due to the fact that you're actually barely floating in a vast body of water; which you instinctively understood as an ocean. A.freaking.ocean!

The weather is fine, and the tides are calm. Thus, you decided to look around and quickly noticed a vessel just a few hundred yards away from your current position. Without thinking too much about it, you waved your hands towards their direction. With your keen eyes, you noticed that their spotter, too, had noticed you floating helplessly in the middle of a freaking ocean; which is not a good situation for almost anyone; and started to shift direction towards you. Which should be good, shouldn't it?

Not!!!

For some reason, as they get close enough to you, they opened their cannon ports and started firing at you! Thankfully, their aim are terrible and the multiple shots all missed you by a couple dozen feet. Still, the surface are now far from tranquil and you're starting to have problem staying afloat. Despite your frantic attempt at not drowning, however, you are still aware enough to notice the vessel lowering a smaller vessel with a crew of one rowman and two other armed me, err, women, which are now heading straight towards you.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne - Diabolical Rhapsody

"Good!" the Great Beast Aber replied to your resolve. As he did so, flame erupted from your sigil of power, enveloping both you and the Guardian of Blood Throne himself. It viciously licked any exposed skin you had; which let's be honest, is basically 90% of your exterior; causing you intense, unbearable pain. It was as if all the rage of the world are showering you with holy baptism as a way to celebrate your birth.

Unable to withstood the pain, your mind began to collapse on itself. Your eyes grew dim, and your senses dull. Right before you passed out, however, you heard Aber whispers to you.

"You and the world we're about to return to, are both filled with unquenchable rage and thirst for blood. It is understandable, for the primal flame of hatred itself is what forged the world to become what it is today. However, succumb to such urges, you shall not. Learn to master it: tame it, and direct it instead of being directed by it. Only then, will you be able to bring the flame of revolution to the world. I pray that you'll lead the world into a better place. This, shall be my blessing and my bond to you."

As the pain and the heat subside, and your senses returning, you let out a mighty howl as you quickly rose from your slumber into a sitting position. Aber was no longer with you, though you could feel his presence within the Sigil of Power which now decorated your left hand. "Where am I?" you asked to yourself as you scanned your surrounding. The air is damp, and a thick, musky scent filled the entire area. Lighting seemed to be rather lacking, though it did not hinder you too much. A swamp. That's where you are.

As you continue to scan the area, a faint rustling of leaves can be heard from your back. Uncannily swift for your stature, you turned around, and found a small group of humanoid.. fish? armed with rather dodgey weapons and armorsYou could see six of them out in the open, though there's really no telling how many are there lurking in the thick vegetation of the swamp.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 17 July 2016 - 01:08 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades

Cannons.

Of course they were bringing out the cannons.

It wasn't enough that we were suddenly stranded in the middle of an ocean for some reason. There also had to be people trying to kill us. Perfect. Just perfect. Well, this was quite the predicament. As the cannonballs thundered into the water around us, tossing us about like a rag doll on the waves they made, we tried to think of a solution. Some trickity-trick, or escape route. Something to get us out of this situation. We could run, we thought, but we were in the sea. And we were swimming, if our flailing could be described as such. Whereas they had a boat, and cannons. Running away wasn't really an option. So what do we do?

First up, we move closer. Right? Just like fighting. If you can't get out, get in. Closer to danger, further from harm. And so we started trying to close the gap. The downside to this was that as we get closer, they would probably find it easier to aim at us. So we'd have to go underwater at some point. We knew we could swim better down there than up on the surface. We didn't know why, but we knew it. But even then, we would have a long way to go with no breaths in between. We didn't like the sound of it, but it was the best we had. Plus we didn't know what to do when we even got to the ship. Were we to get on board and fight them all? That sounded awfully scary. Maybe we could talk to them once we got there. Shout up and ask to speak to their leader. We didn't know if it'd work but-

They lowered a boat.

There were three people coming right for us in a rowboat. One big man and two women with crossbows. That was upsetting. The danger levels of the moment just went up. Which is impressive considering how high it was already. Almost drowning in the ocean amidst cannonball-fire while trying to negotiate with an already openly hostile crew was pretty high up there already. But the new boat did give us some small flicker of hope. Our plan would need to change slightly. Because now we had a better one. Well, better if we could learn to reliably dodge crossbow bolts while swimming underwater in the new few seconds. Though we didn't have much hope for that.

Regardless, we would have to go underwater now and swim over to the rowboat. The cannons would hopefully stop shooting at us as we got closer and the chance of killing their own people got higher. Then we would have to quickly come back up out of the water. Two people with crossbows could only shoot a few bolts each at us in the time it would take us to resurface right? We hoped we were right about that. So we had to hope we were lucky enough to not get caught by one as we come up. At that point we had to summon our new weapon and take one of them hostage. They would probably be more willing to talk to us then. Hopefully. We realized that there was a lot of hope in this plan. Hope was not part of the recipe in any good plan that ever was planned. We would have to work on that if we got out of this.

With a tingle we feel our 'Like The Wind' spell work on us just as we submerge underwater and began the plan. Swimming as fast as we could over to the rowboat with the magical haste. We wonder if we are quick enough to surprise them. That would be ideal. Just pop up and grab one of the crossbow ladies with our dagger to their throat before they expect I would get there. That was definitely too much to wish for. Still, we could dream.

OOC:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Bjorn

The last thing he remembered were the flames, searing his very being as they erupted from the sigil engraved in his hands.

He seemed to pass out from the unbearable pain as indecipherable words were ushered by the familiar reverberation that was Aber's thunderous voice.

Bjorn jolted awake from his blissful slumber, the damp air and the dark cavern signifying that he was near a bog.

ROAR!!!

He let loose his challenge to this world, a mark signifying his intentions and his existence to whatever wheels that turned the fates in this world. He could feel the eyes bury into his back as he slowly found his bearings, with alacrity he turned to face the ones that had taken up the gauntlet he had thrown.

They were humanoids, but a weird mix between fish and toads. Standing dodgily near the thick plantation, the six of them seemed like a hunting party of some sort. Armed with makeshift cudgels that were more like carved wood clubs than anything else. He could sense their wariness, one like the ones in prey when they eye a predator. Yet, he stood calmly, if he was the one destined to bring revolution to this world. It would pay to heed the words of the mighty beast that resided inside him. He had to tame his recklessness and know the full situation. The oppressors and the oppressed, he had to know them all.

He walked slowly towards the toad-men. Trying his best to appear non-hostile, his massive arms hung loosely by his sides, palms open, gait relaxed and his maw bearing a neutral expression. His eyes that seemed to hold the rage of eons also shown clearly, emitting none of the ferocity that they usually held.

"What is this place?" he asked calmly, walking closer to the toad-men. He kept enough distance to avoid them jumping up on him. Enough to call upon Aber to pound them into ground should the things get awry.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts

The Name- An Unknown Secret

It was real.... no she was real, the first thoughts that rushed through the collapsed one's mind consisted of relief even if sinking further into madness sounded like a promise.

and as if for the first time the voice had a true appearance, an appearance of a fragile girl one that looked like it would crumble at a touch long before she drove anyone to madness... yet there was no hint of lies in her words as if she merely stated facts.

"I don't know what sins i committed to end up here but the promise of madness sounds much sweeter than the promise of solitude" Words left the lips but the lips felt wrong as eyes interlocked even though it felt like looking at a reflection something felt like it had to be different... but what? what is the same yet also different? no matter what it was though it felt if one didn't take the hand in front of them soon it would merely crumble and vanish forever leaving the sorry existence alone.

So before the hand vanished they reached out, looking at the hand one moment it also looked small and fragile but after blinking the hand looked long, slender and nearly skeleton like almost completely different from the first look...

why?

delusions? or something else?

no none of that mattered right now as an important thought rushed into the head as hands touched.

"I.... how could I forget..... I am Amaghi, the meaning long lost but that is what I believe some once called me..... now Arba, keeper of secrets... Show me.... Show me this promised madness."

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

That's Why I'm here

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Tael, Master of the Thousand Blades - Unbelievably Majestic

You decided to dive into the water to hide from your supposed assailant, which seemed to have worked for the moment. None of their attacks reached you, which would either mean that their aim were worse thank monkeys high on grog, or your stealth ability is far superior to an average human's standard. What other explanation would work for such an occasion, wouldn't it?

As you marvel endlessly upon your awesomeness (?), you swam ever stealthily and ever hastily towards the small rowboat. Upon reaching it, you surfaced stealthily at the other side of the boat, finding the two hot ladies scanning the water as they look for you. You could hear them clamoring about not finding you in the water, to which you smiled triumphantly upon.

Not wasting any time, you boarded the ship and effortlessly hold one of the ladies (the hotter one, of course!) a hostage. However, you did not even get to voice your demands before the lady in your arms shouted in panic: "Lemme go, you dolt! I'm not an enemy!"

What? She? Not an enemy? Then why would she try to kill you?

Confused and dazzled, you did not notice the lady's leg kicking you in the shin. "Ouch," you said as you instinctively released the lady to clutch your poor, poor hurting leg. Bad move? Bad move. You quickly noticed that since the hostage was no more, you'd soon be riddled with bolts from the two crossbows. Not the best situation, you reckon.

Yet it seemed that the lady was not lying. She raised her crossbow, but her target was not you.

It was the thing behind you.

Spoiler

A giant, monstrous sea serpent as big as the vessel "Fortuna" if not bigger. Its maw is filled with dagger-like teeth, and its back is riddled with countless bony spikes that you reckon, would kill you easily if it somehow impaled you in a bad spot.

"We were trying to save you from THAT, asshat!" the other lady explained in the most friendly way to you, all the while shooting at the sea monster with clearly above-average accuracy. And suddenly, everything became a lot clearer. The reason none of their attacks reached you was because they shot to scare the monster from getting to close to you; NOT to kill you.

With the bearings between allies and foes clarified, you decided to shift your attention to the sea monster, which had somehow disappeared.

Yes.

That mother of all God's huge sea snake disappeared.

Just like that.

No buts.

Oh wait.

It's right beneath your small vessel.

And it seems like it's trying to resurface.

Oops.

Spoiler

Bjorn, Champion of the Blood Throne - Diabolical Rhapsody

For every step you took towards the fish-toad-men, they took twice as much to keep you away from them. It would appear that they were intimidated by you. After all, you were bigger than them, and obviously stronger as well. And you were not one to judge the book by the cover, but from the blank look in their eyes, and their visibly shabby makeshift equipment, you would assume that you are also smarter than them.

"What is this place?" you demanded them. And action which sends the six fish-toad-men running and screaming. Cowards, the lot of them.

With a deep sigh you relaxed your shoulder. Is bravery nothing but a lost treasure in this world? You decided to follow the fish-toad-men in hopes of reaching a village of some sort; a place where you could find food, and hopefully, information. But your steps soon drew to a halt. You heard twigs breaking behind you. And a faint, heavy breathing as well. There's somebody following you.

Cautiously, you turned around, and found a lanky human shuffling behind you. He seemed to be sick, given the abnormal hue that his skin is showing. A poor, old man left to die in the marshes, you would think, given the sorry state the man was in. Perhaps you could get some information from him?

Before you could address the man, however, the most curious thing happened. While groaning the word, "hungry.. food.." repeatedly, the man's face seemed to split in two; his mouth opened so very wide that his lips were torn all the way to the cheeks, and four jutting fangs appeared from within the now-split face.

Spoiler

And the next thing you noticed, was his lanky arms extending and approaching you from both sides like a whip made of human bones and skin.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Amaghi, Beholder of Untold Secrets - Fuhrer Itulhu

"As you wish, master." the fragile existence before you replied to your sincere words. Having said that, she reached to embrace you, and gave you a kiss. As she did so, a sigil of power appeared on your back, and six wings of light sprouted from it. The wings expanded and expanded, forming a cocoon of blinding light around you and Arba. Everything was silent, but the silence was no longer torturing to you. It was soothing. Serene.

There were no need for words.

And thus, the light grew ever brighter, until your entire sense were engulfed by it.

"You are not alone. Not anymore," a voice rang in your head before your consciousness fades.

"..." the silent voice urged you to wake up from your slumber. It was similar, yet at the same time entirely different with the voice that call for you in the deep darkness of oblivion. After all, you know now that the voice is not your illusion. You opened your eyes, and saw the image of your madness personified. The same frail lady that supports your frail existence. Your other half. Only now, she is less faint and more.. vibrant.

Spoiler

"Good morning, Arba," you greeted the little girl as you reached out to pet her head. A gesture she accepted gleefully.

"Ahem," a third voice chimed in on you. "You done with the lovey-dovey scene yet?" it continued.

Looking around, you noticed that there is another person there aside from you and Arba. Two, to be exact. If you consider a dog as a person, at least. A girl with long jet black hair and simple clothing, and a majestic white dog that seemed to be her companion.

Spoiler

Neither of them were familiar to you, but at least it seemed that they were not hostile. Well, probably the girl is hostile, in a way. She kept on giving you and Arba this mean stare for a while now, but at least she did not seem to want to attack and kill you. Unless if stare could kill, that is. You get the point.

"In any case, I suggest you come with me. The night is coming," the girl finally continued, apparently unamused by the fact that you stared back at her without saying a word or ceasing to happily pat Arba's soft, fluffy hair. As she did so, she signaled you to follow her. Not that you see a reason for you to comply.

Annoyed, the girl decided to give you her last warning. "The forest is littered with them when the light fades. And trust me, you do not want to spend time together with them. Now come, if you still value your life."

Spoiler

Aurora, Songstress of the Million Songs - Jod

"You.. How did you learn to summon my powers?" the Being of Light asked in amazement to your summoning of the violin that's in your hand. Whilst it felt natural to you, it would appear that such a thing does not occur everyday in this misbegotten world of nothingness.

"It matters not, I suppose," the being then continued. "What mattered the most is that you are compatible with me. Aurora, was it?" the being said as it stepped out of the halation that's been obscuring its real self. And now, standing before you, is your equal. A being, a woman, with all the grace of the great being it once appeared as.

Spoiler

"I am Ai of Million Songs, one of the seventy-two soul forged; the pillars that support this world. I hereby appoint you, Aurora, as my songstress and the one to wield my power in mortal planes. I gave you the title of Arpeggio. Carry it with pride," the Being of Light declared as she touched your forehead gently, as a priestess would upon giving her blessing to a devout follower.

You could feel limitless power flowing into your body from where her hand touched you. And before you notice it, a Sigil of Million Songs was etched on your forehead. And as the surge of power subsides, you felt both exhausted and relaxed at the same time. And soon after, your mind began to drift into slumber. Before you lose your consciousness completely, however, you heard Ai's voice whispering to you.

"Sleep, o sweet child of mine. The world you are about to return to, is not a peaceful one. Many hardships are to be met there, and you must overcome each and every one of it. Your task is not an easy one, but I shall bear the burden with you. So for now, at the very least, sleep soundly.."

You felt a poke on your cheeks. And then another one. And another one not long after. It would seem that somebody, or something, is trying to wake you up, for whatever reason. And thus, you decided to abide to its demand, and opened your eyes. The first thing you noticed, was the vibrant mix of the bright blue of the sky, and the rich viridian of the great trees reaching up to kiss the sun. A very beautiful scenery, unlike anything you had seen in the world of darkness. A scenery that roused your urge to sing a song of joy.

"Ah, you're alive," a voice broke you off from your musing. Following the source of the voice, you found a young girl with a curious shine on her eyes.

Spoiler

"Ne, Nee-chan, what are you doing sleeping in the open like this?" she inquired with a rather excited tone, like a small kid finding a wrapped gift underneath her pillow.

What would you do?

Spoiler

Wraith of the Blade - I-am-X

It might not be avarice or lust that drove you. It might not even be curiosity. You were simply following orders, with hopes that by doing so, you would regain what you have lost; that you would feel complete once again. To not feel empty inside. Thus, you entrusted yourself to the light, following every trails it had left for you, venturing deeper and deeper into the unsettling darkness.

And after countless number of steps, you had arrived at your predestined place. A clearing where the forest of darkness could not reach. And in the middle of it, a great beast of light slumbers. Its fur glowing in soft, ethereal light, that grew lighter and dimmer with every breath it takes. While it was asleep and defenseless, you could still feel power emanating from it. Limitless, primal power that could not be stayed.

Spoiler

"So you have come, little one," the Beast addressed you, its two eyes now opened. They were glowing in fierce golden light that contrasted with its fur's soft glow.

"You wished for power. That is your reason for being here. But first tell me, what is power?" 

Spoiler