Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Skybound Saga

Fantasy Airships Magic All That Good Stuff

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Corrected some wording that sounded funky in my CS.

Done and done. At least it should be.

So how do runes work? Where do they get the energy required to do what they do?   Can they only be permanently applied to this spellsteel or is that just the only metal?  How can one produce the effects on the go if they are a crafter?  Can they just be drawn or carved on a surface? Can it be replicated with say a stamp that you use to quickly reproduce a common rune temporarily rather than have to draw it out?

I think it's kinda like FMA. Drawing of transmutation circles, etc. I dunno though.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

Spoiler

Edited by kittyluna45, 04 August 2016 - 07:46 PM.

The Moon Cat

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

So how do runes work? Where do they get the energy required to do what they do?   Can they only be permanently applied to this spellsteel or is that just the only metal?  How can one produce the effects on the go if they are a crafter?  Can they just be drawn or carved on a surface? Can it be replicated with say a stamp that you use to quickly reproduce a common rune temporarily rather than have to draw it out?

Runes essentially interact with the innate magic of the world using an ancient arcane language to command it, and they trigger at an extension of willpower from the drawer. Kind of like Dresden magic circles. Spellsteel is not the only metal, but it is by far the most common and easy to work with from a metalworking standpoint. Runes can be freely drawn or carved on just about any surface (there's even record of nomads drawing them in the desert sand with a stick), and most crafters have a bag of chalk slung off their belt so they can draw them anywhere. The only caveat is they need to be careful where they put it, because when a rune triggers the force of it erodes or flat-out eats the surface it was drawn on if it's not a permanent rune (so putting one on a key support beam for a ship or building would be ill-advised... unless you wanted it structurally weakened that is).

Hmm. A stamp, eh? It'd have to be limited to simple runes & effects, but you could certainly have something like that.

Claiming 3rd Lieutenant. ^^

Rune Weaving 3rd Lieutenant to boot.

Spoiler

WIP!!

Okay, few things here.

1- She'll have to have close-toed shoes and something of a hair bun when she's on board. Amelia's orders, safety, etc. You're welcome for that to be a running gag if you like.

2- Airships were invented by Vaela because they needed a way to trade with other nations after the forest went nuts since sea and land were both no-go's, and eventually the tech was what they traded for food, raw materials, etc. I'm fine with the Kushinra taking to the technology and making it their own, but if you'd like them to have taken part in the invention they'll need to be from Vaela instead of from the desert.

3- She wouldn't be on the Dagger as a result of forced military service, since the Dagger's not technically a Navy Vessel. An alternative I would suggest is she was placed under Amelia on her original ship, which was the Aquamarine, and when Amelia was discharged on false charges Annayeva resigned as well and went with her Captain to the Dagger.

4- Her rune weaving at the start won't be enough to defend an entire ship by herself. Rune Weaving is finicky in how it grows and matures, and the abilities don't start to manifest until the age of 15 or 16 anyway, so she wouldn't have had long to cultivate them before military service happened. I promise you'll get your insane magic eventually, just... not immediately xP

Everything else looks great though!

Spoiler

Looks good to me. Welcome aboard!

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

Yay! I am glad to be aboard Captain! *salutes*

The Moon Cat

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Word of note- rather than an Info Cache, for the time being I'll be linking to accepted Characters in the Premise section next to their position. That may change eventually, but for now that's where to look for that.

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Been good, been good. Not too much new on my end.

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a pleasant stay. I am DR, the resident fiend that lurks in this corner.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a pleasant stay. I am DR, the resident fiend that lurks in this corner.

Many thanks, and nice to meet you!

Edited by kittyluna45, 16 June 2016 - 01:27 AM.

The Moon Cat

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I am expressing interest for the 1st Leiutenent spot and I am writing my sheet now.
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Many thanks, and nice to meet you!

my pleasure.

Up for review

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 07 October 2016 - 04:08 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Ookay. Should be fixed. Please see the CS on the first page.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

I have finished tinkering the CS and would appreciate a review.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Ookay. Should be fixed. Please see the CS on the first page.

Good enough for me to accept, welcome aboard! I just have one clarification question for the sake of determining just where her family fits in to the Vaela lore- did the Kushinras leave before or after the Noctre Forest incident?

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Zappatoshiki

Zappatoshiki

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 0 posts

Well, I said I’d most likely join the FF-inspired RP, and now…

*disappears*

Jk, although it wouldn’t surprise me if people thought that. :P I won’t deny being a tad nervous, but really, actions speak louder than words…he said, in regards to a text-based RP.

And so, here I go!

Spoiler

Edited by Zappatoshiki, 16 June 2016 - 03:08 AM.

Laurel_Plotter.png

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

So many wonderful characters for Kara to ignore because she loves cooking.

LOL jk jk. I can't wait!

The Moon Cat

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

my pleasure.

Up for review

Spoiler

Well, I said I’d most likely join the FF-inspired RP, and now…

*disappears*

Jk, although it wouldn’t surprise me if people thought that. :P I won’t deny being a tad nervous, but really, actions speak louder than words…he said, in regards to a text-based RP.

And so, here I go!

Spoiler

Both of you look good to me, welcome aboard!

The flute will be kept aboard the ship, so there's no need to worry for that.

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Good enough for me to accept, welcome aboard! I just have one clarification question for the sake of determining just where her family fits in to the Vaela lore- did the Kushinras leave before or after the Noctre Forest incident?

Just before. As soon as a few hours before.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Is navigator still open? I'll claim that.

Also, dumb question: Is the world flat? Or can we sail around the world?

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

It is round, and you can sail around it in theory, but there's a giant fog bank that runs down the western divide of the map. Lots of people have tried to pass it, nobody has been recorded as being successful.

2rD2TPI.gif

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Spoiler

Edited by Mors, 16 June 2016 - 05:47 AM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Okay on dock so gotta do my job. I should ha e a CS by Friday evening but imma be as expedient as possible. (Sister had a baby so I have to get him and fly out Friday morning at 6am
Spoiler