Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Skybound Saga

Fantasy Airships Magic All That Good Stuff

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

4kBxVhn.jpg

Thousands of years ago, when the world was newly born, the Seven Grand Eidolons that shaped it lived in peace with humanity. They watched over what most of them considered their greatest creation, and as the little humans began to seek to extend their influence the Grand Ones saw their curiosity fostered. They showed the humans how to channel the elements, how to influence nature for their needs, how to make the world their own. But Fafneros, the Grand Dragon, did not approve of this; "If this continues, these humans will one day unmake all we have done. Encourage them no more." But the others did not heed him, and continued to teach and guide us.

One day, a sect of humanity went too far. They misused the magic they had learned, pushed it far beyond what they should have. The result... was a cataclysm. And as the world split into pieces and scattered itself into the land masses we know today, the Grand Dragon's rage awoke. He marshaled his children and his followers, and embarked on a crusade to exterminate humanity. But the others resisted and opposed him. Gwaivar the Grand Eagle spearheaded humanity's stand against extinction, prolonging the Eidolon War for a decade as he and Fafneros found themselves evenly matched while the Dragon's scions were stopped by the Grand Bear, Stag, Lizard, and Wolf. The tipping point came in the bubbling of the sea; Leviathus, the Ocean Lord and last of the Seven, rose from the depths. Enraged by the Dragon's boiling of his waters and massacre of the fishermen who paid him tribute, the Leviathan turned his power against Fafneros and his forces. Under the combined assault of both Gwaivar and Leviathus, the Grand Dragon was felled and his body entombed far from the eyes of man. And, in the ruins of the War, humanity was left to rebuild. The Grand Ones again lent their aid, showing the newly crafted nations how to thrive in the new lands and climates they now found themselves in. And when humanity had stabilized once more... they vanished. Ever since, man has been left to himself to nurture and grow. And grown he has...

The Premise

Spoiler

World Map

Spoiler

Magic

Spoiler

Magitek Weapons

Spoiler

Character Sheet

Spoiler

Noteworthy NPCs

Edited by SliceAndDice, 29 October 2016 - 01:39 AM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra

Somewhat interested, though was wondering if you could give more details on the culture/history of Azuria (since we're starting from here after all)? You have kings and princes in your NPC list, so it seems to be a monarchy, and I know it has a dominant military, but it doesn't tell much more. Is there a religion? Aristocracy? Is there only one ethnic group? Is "Gilas the Grand Lizard" a literal lizard? Stuff like that.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
I'm in.

Airships and Magic can take my soul.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

In.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

I want to claim the engineer slot.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
What is Amelia like? Is she serious or playful
Am I allowed to know this?
Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Want to Head Gunner if that slot is not taken!

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Claiming 3rd Lieutenant. ^^

Rune Weaving 3rd Lieutenant to boot.

Spoiler

WIP!!

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 22 June 2016 - 03:26 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I was coming after that position!!! I demand a write off!!!!
Spoiler

Mors

Mors

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSupra
Doctor claimed.

Edited by Mors, 15 June 2016 - 09:47 PM.

a6f4b732-ee1c-43f9-a007-079ff2b01822_zps

"The sun is new each day."

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

I was coming after that position!!! I demand a write off!!!!

You'll lose and you know it. :P

Just kidding! If you want it really badly, I can drop to 3rd to prevent conflict.

Edited by The Hawk's Eye, 15 June 2016 - 08:23 PM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

Literally just registered to join this. Friend of Hero's, so he can vouch for me.

I'm throwing my claim for Cook.

Anyone else try to take it I will chef knife fight you for it.

Edited by kittyluna45, 15 June 2016 - 08:39 PM.

The Moon Cat

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
KITKAT!?

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

KITKAT!?

Yup. Hey! Long time no see! Wassup?

The Moon Cat

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Not much at all! How have you been?!

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

kittyluna45

kittyluna45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNeila

Been good, been good. Not too much new on my end.

The Moon Cat

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Ahh, alrighty.

Pretty much done, only keeping the WIP just in case there are additional changes that need to be made.

Lemme know what I need to do, Slice. ^^

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Are there any more spots opening up?

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Somewhat interested, though was wondering if you could give more details on the culture/history of Azuria (since we're starting from here after all)? You have kings and princes in your NPC list, so it seems to be a monarchy, and I know it has a dominant military, but it doesn't tell much more. Is there a religion? Aristocracy? Is there only one ethnic group? Is "Gilas the Grand Lizard" a literal lizard? Stuff like that.

Sure, I just didnt want too much of a dump in the first post (and so people have room to run away with that stuff if they want). Azuria's government is split between a monarch from a bloodline that's existed since the Eidolon War and a parliament (The power split is about 55-45 in favor of the parliament, so they CAN overrule the king... if they all agree on it).

Gilas as well as all the Grand Eidolons are actually the animals they say they are, just massive, capable of speech, and able to use crazy magic. A lot of inspiration for them came from Tolkien's Eagles. Most of them are no longer acting around the world. As for religion, most of the world acknowledges or worships one or more of the Grans Eidolons in some manner, usually the one that their nation is beholden to (so the average Azurian regards Gilas as something of a deity), but there's not any major structure outside of Shao Hong, and even there it's just a traditional manner of paying Leviathus's tribute so their ships dont get eaten.

Culture wise, I would compare Azuria to England at the height of her imperialism. Very patriotic, faith in the crown for some and none for other,s an a definite divide between nobles and commoners, but not to the degree where the nobles think the commoners are pigs or anything (some of them do, but that's not the norm).

I should note that your character is not required to be Azuria borne, you're free to be from other nations. Just that the Dagger primarily operates out of Azuria, so that's essentially where you live at this point in your life.

What is Amelia like? Is she serious or playful
Am I allowed to know this?

Amelia is strict but fair, and she takes very little in the way of BS from anybody. A good comparison is the Captain from Treasure Planet (who I just realized is also named Amelia... well, that explains where my brain got the name), just a little less all-business. She's willing to have drinks and mess around with her crew when she and they are off-duty though.

Are there any more spots opening up?

There are still spots open! Currently we have openings for the 1st Lieutenant and the Navigator*, or you could be a deckhand if you so choose.

*I hadnt seen Mors's edit until it was pointed out to me. Batoto's been finicky with me lately, no idea why...

I'll get to reviewing CSes in a moment, I'd like to mark up the first post a little to denote active reservations.

Edited by Hero of Ishval, 15 June 2016 - 10:26 PM.

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

So how do runes work? Where do they get the energy required to do what they do?   Can they only be permanently applied to this spellsteel or is that just the only metal?  How can one produce the effects on the go if they are a crafter?  Can they just be drawn or carved on a surface? Can it be replicated with say a stamp that you use to quickly reproduce a common rune temporarily rather than have to draw it out?

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 15 June 2016 - 10:31 PM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv