Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.
Well, it's fine. If you're not naturally aggressive and athletic, to get good at fighting normally takes a lot of time and quite possibly money. Either you have to train at dojos/gyms, or you have to lose a lot of fights on the way to getting street tough. Dojos take time and cost money directly, losing fights--well, depends how serious. If they're on the serious side you're looking at lost work time and maybe hospital bills. Basically, with working to support his brothers while going to school, with no outside support whatsoever as near as I can figure, he hasn't had time or money to spend learning to fight. What some people maybe aren't getting is that it's not mostly about physical cowardice, fearing pain or whatever. He can't afford to be on his back for three days after getting the stuffing beat out of him, he might lose his job and the kids would be stranded at daycare--just one or two events like that and the government could step in, they could end in a freaking orphanage.
Basically, at this point for much of his life he has been stuck in a no-win scenario. It's not like if he were a little more mentally tough or something he could have solved all this.

But suddenly now, he has a resource available that makes it a lot more workable: The girls and that school. There was IMO simply no way out for him all on his own, but with a little help from his friends things change.

I was a little surprised the girls were so restrained. But I don't mind. The subtext there is "We weren't even fighting you, you're not worth that. We were just giving you the lesson." Goes well with the threats.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
its the first time that he saw the girls as people that help him, in the other chapters he always thought that they are bothering him, now he said "I am only getting help from you".

so yeah, I think next chapter we will see him training with the girls.

Dai Satō

Dai Satō

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationIn yo mind
i guess im satisfied with what happened to red-head and he's finally showing signs of wanting to change into someone stronger

large.jpg

Malamber

Malamber

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
The only thing that is bothering me is the whole rule about not fighting outside the school. In the beginning didn’t they have the wall littered with all sorts of awards the students got for beating up bank robbers, taking out yakuza gangs while on a school trip and various other things? But now there is a rule that says you can’t fight, no matter the reason.

Anyway, now on the really important thought for the next week. Who is going to train him? (I’m getting the shivers of another Kenichi here making his own style out of things learned from multiple masters.)

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
hmm he'd have to lose time for sleep though......cause he can't afford to back off on studying or working. As for the rules, there are all sorts of complications but it might be just the norm in Japan. There are rules in other countries that seem unreasonable to us, for me I don't like how some Japanese high schools prohibit their students to take part time jobs.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

hmm he'd have to lose time for sleep though......cause he can't afford to back off on studying or working. As for the rules, there are all sorts of complications but it might be just the norm in Japan. There are rules in other countries that seem unreasonable to us, for me I don't like how some Japanese high schools prohibit their students to take part time jobs.

this is a webcomic, so I would say it takes place in korea.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
ah well yeah, I know that but I forgot about it at that moment my bad <.<
my statement still applies though

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

ah well yeah, I know that but I forgot about it at that moment my bad <.<
my statement still applies though

in germany in certain cases you also aren´t allowed to take part time jobs...

Edited by hero, 25 February 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
He can do it! :P

penguin71

penguin71

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 268 posts
  • LocationThat state that no one cares about
Chapter 28: Driver Park is an hero.

That's the only worthwhile thing that happened in this chapter anyways.

~やら~やら

The Best Bagels

Former Typesetter/Blogger for FKMTkrazy

Spoiler

Kai de Reis

Kai de Reis

Potato

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCausality

The only thing that is bothering me is the whole rule about not fighting outside the school. In the beginning didn’t they have the wall littered with all sorts of awards the students got for beating up bank robbers, taking out yakuza gangs while on a school trip and various other things? But now there is a rule that says you can’t fight, no matter the reason.

Anyway, now on the really important thought for the next week. Who is going to train him? (I’m getting the shivers of another Kenichi here making his own style out of things learned from multiple masters.)

Chapter 28: Driver Park is an hero.

That's the only worthwhile thing that happened in this chapter anyways.

They got those awards for beating up legit criminals, eh petty too I guess, so I think when it comes to dealing with other students they're not allowed to hurt them in any way especially if it's someone from a school they're competing against (if you call the earlier incident close to being on competing levels). Plus there's the fact that the tournament festival is coming up and on the off chance that someone like Queen were to receive a wound, Zod knows that'd happen, it'd be a huge deal probably most definitely. That's how I see it because I was thinking it was weird that they didn't downright destroy them as well.

As for Driver Park, I knew he had to be intensely BA in some way if he's taking care of Queen....poor Jae Gu :batoto_032:

Posted Image

Avatar/Signature by Eternal Remnant!

"Why then 'tis none to you; for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." - William Shakespeare

Coca

Coca

Potato

• Members
  • 103 posts
Whenever I encounter food poisoning the first thing that comes to mind is "crap quality control" or "I should have checked the expiration date". "Personal vendetta" is a distant second. Although nothing says "Bite me!" quite like a bout of non-stop vomiting and nausea.

That was my experience with some bad fried chicken. After that I vowed, "Never again", yet not three months later, there I was, at the same KFC, breast in one hand, thigh in the other. Incorrigible? Maybe. Personally, I blame the gravy.

-Kuro

-Kuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
great chapter XD

Edited by KuroiNatsu, 18 March 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

sorry for my bad english, i speak spanish D:

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
so was it intentionally or was the food just bad? not enough details to make a proper guess...

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

so was it intentionally or was the food just bad? not enough details to make a proper guess...

doesn´t matter anymore, he is going to kick some ass (hopefully)

-Kuro

-Kuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

doesn´t matter anymore, he is going to kick some ass (hopefully)

according to the RAW, i think that it wasn't intentional, but in anycase, jae gu is gonna kick his ass

Edited by KuroiNatsu, 19 March 2012 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

according to the RAW, i think that it wasn't intentional, but in anycase, jae gu is gonna kick his ass

put it under spoiler PLZ!!!

-Kuro

-Kuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

put it under spoiler PLZ!!!

ooo ok, sorry D:

Posted Image

Epicstar

Epicstar

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrave New World
Reminder: you can read the chapter "early" on Webtoon Live, the actual translator of Girls of the Wild's.

With that said, onto the discussion. It appears Webtoon Live was missing around 3 panels overall near the beginning of the chapter.

And it appears that Red Hair indeed did it on purpose and Lee Mi Nam is innocent. Whose helicopter do you guys think that is? Queens or the Wild Guard? Queen shouldn't know that Jae Gu even went there, unless she has her guards actively stalking Jae Gu (not impossible though).

-Kuro

-Kuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

Reminder: you can read the chapter "early" on Webtoon Live, the actual translator of Girls of the Wild's.

With that said, onto the discussion. It appears Webtoon Live was missing around 3 panels overall near the beginning of the chapter.

And it appears that Red Hair indeed did it on purpose and Lee Mi Nam is innocent. Whose helicopter do you guys think that is? Queens or the Wild Guard? Queen shouldn't know that Jae Gu even went there, unless she has her guards actively stalking Jae Gu (not impossible though).

yeah, theres around 4 panels missing D:
but lucky us, that panels doesn't have any text XD
jjajaa that helicopter is the queen XD the "YK" under the helicopter are the same that have the helicopter in the chapter 6 when the queen went to school and jae is in the roof

sorry for my bad english D:

Posted Image