Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

AitW RAW discussion v2

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
If the webtoon ends on a cliffhanger I'm gonna flip.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Me too, it can't end on a cliffhanger!

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

blerghers

blerghers

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationI've decided to become a nomad

Spoiler

so for ch169--it's already the second month; Reana+Kairak met in early spring thus their fateful encounter #2 is coming to a close - we're getting there you guys!!

the DA 'Witch of the Night', i think that's what made Reana 'dream' of Ras and Roy. my speculation is that it makes you dream of the things you want and make you lose hope/avert your goals or something like that. SPECULATION though

Spoiler
go crazy, people. go crazy

Edited by blerghers, 28 June 2015 - 05:28 AM.

lupenin_zpsmfisgsvk.png

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Second month? You mean second month after Reana lost the pearl or second month as in second month of the second half of the year? Or second month of the new year? Which means 1 month left for Kairak to become an adult.
That explain a lot. So those are dreams about her family. Poor girl.

What?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have to end up together! The author will get so much spam from the fans if she doesn't end up with Kairak!!!! Didn't Reana say that she'd stay with him because she was responsible? So you better stay with Kairak!

So when is that final vision from Reihart/ Leehalt' appearing with broken Reana? After she wakes up?

Posted Image

blerghers

blerghers

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Second month? You mean second month after Reana lost the pearl or second month as in second month of the second half of the year? Or second month of the new year? Which means 1 month left for Kairak to become an adult.

second month of the year (the ship took off at New Year). 

So when is that final vision from Reihart/ Leehalt' appearing with broken Reana? After she wakes up?

there are a few scenarios I can come up with on that crying scene:

1 - after she wakes up  (crash landed on a d temple maybe?)

2 - Luna dies  (hope not..but then again tragedy has a thing for Reana)

3 - AFTER everything is done. aka the conclusion  (if this is the one, then that means Kairak left/died...)

lupenin_zpsmfisgsvk.png

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Alright, then there's one month left.

I hope it's option one. I do t want her to lose any more family members. I don't think Kairak would leave her. His obsession is too big, so if he'd leave the planet, he would probably take Reana with him. And I don't want to think about the option of Kairak dying so I guess option 1 and 2 are the most likely.

Posted Image

blerghers

blerghers

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

oh! that being said.  Reana's bday is in the second month (of their calendar). Her coming-of-age will be then

Edited by blerghers, 26 June 2015 - 05:03 AM.

lupenin_zpsmfisgsvk.png

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Coming of age during all that chaos? I wonder how that will be. Maybe it'll be mentioned in that dream of hers?
The only thing I can imagine for that is Kairak somehow snapping out of his depression and kidnapping Reana to who knows where. XD sorry bad joke, couldn't help it. XD

Just realized tha both Kairak and Reana will both become adults in that year, that's ironic.

Posted Image

blerghers

blerghers

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

Reihart's (switching Leehalt to Rei, people) bday is also somewhere in the winter season. turning/is 23 now, i think?

since Rei's 'coming-of-age ceremony' happened 4 years ago in their time (stated in first chapter of 'Forest of Blue Mirage Beasts'; 18 then), I'm assuming Reana's age is 17.  though her character stats says shes 17, i think somewhere in the series it was mentioned she was 18 (ch16..?)... then again, every once in a while you do see name typos in AitW raw

Edited by blerghers, 28 June 2015 - 01:06 AM.

lupenin_zpsmfisgsvk.png

Nat

Nat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

i found an interesting suggestion of  Abide in the Wind playlist 

http://tbinnie.tumblr.com/post/122654759867/because-i-enjoy-doing-this-so-much-if-you-had

any thought?

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
I've listened to the song and then read the translation of the lyrics first before I wanted to state my opinion. I don't really think the songs really fit for Kairak and Reana. It doesn't fit their personalities, or the story. Reana's journey started not because she met Kairak, but because of the death of her father and Kairak didn't had any emotion in the first place he doesn't show any remorse either, only towards Reana. Kairak has not been corrupted yet, well for as far as we know.

And Kairak practically started as a silent admirer, his love for Reana kinda grew into a insane obsession after a while and Reana saw him more as a younger brother until his body hit puberty. Abide hasn't got a simple plot, so I guess it's hard to find a song that fits the theme and plot and all.

Btw I think these post need to go to another thread

Reihart's (switching Leehalt to Rei, people) bday is also somewhere in the winter season. turning/is 23 now, i think?
since Rei's 'coming-of-age ceremony' happened 4 years ago in their time (stated in first chapter of 'Forest of Blue Mirage Beasts'; 18 then), I'm assuming Reana's age is 17.  though her character stats says shes 17, i think somewhere in the series it was mentioned she was 18 (ch16..?)... then again, every once in a while you do see name typos in AitW raw

Yes I think it was mentioned before that Reana was 18 at the beginning of abide. So wouldn't her age be like 19 instead? I'm getting confused about the age now...

Edited by Dreamingflower, 28 June 2015 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

Nat

Nat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

yeah agreed with u cos those stories weren't alike AitW, if at least AitW get adapted into voice webtoon or something like that then hopefully will has its own sound track or song which best fits the story line. Anyway that was quite interesting idea though.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

About the age discrepancy, is her age stated as 18 in the raws too? Or was that the translation? Because Koreans count someone as 1 year old when they are born, so if her age is 17 in Korea she would be 18 by Western standards. It's possible that the early translators changed it.

As for songs, the one I think fits best would be "No Light, No Light" by Florence + the Machine.

Spoiler

Edited by rojo, 29 June 2015 - 12:04 AM.

blerghers

blerghers

Potato

• Members
  • 112 posts

not sure about anyone else, but when I don't make playlists for anything. I ALWAYS play some random song in reply for the mood, so whenever I'm doing a full-on [series] marathon, I think of that particular series most of the time whenever I listen to the song again.

k back to topic. this is for the fans who still want Reana to use the Revolver - never gonna happen (most likely). for one thing, she can't use it in her current state (we all know that).  the other main reason is cuz the Revolver is for Reana's protection - same as how the Bow that Rahutanoks made was (for the 'protector') to protect his Riyenas. which is why Rei can use the Revolver without fatigue - he was to activate it when he 'would not allow' her to die in front of him.

srry for the late info. forgot since busy as hell with bunch of stuff

Edited by blerghers, 29 June 2015 - 07:45 AM.

lupenin_zpsmfisgsvk.png

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
I'm trying to find that chapter it was stated that Reana is 18 years old. Since its been a while, hopefully the Raws will make it clear then.

Edit:

not sure about anyone else, but when I don't make playlists for anything. I ALWAYS play some random song in reply for the mood, so whenever I'm doing a full-on [series] marathon, I think of that particular series most of the time whenever I listen to the song again.

k back to topic. this is for the fans who still want Reana to use the Revolver - never gonna happen (most likely). for one thing, she can't use it in her current state (we all know that). the other main reason is cuz the Revolver is for Reana's protection - same as how the Bow that Rahutanoks made was (for the 'protector') to protect his Riyenas. which is why Rei can use the Revolver without fatigue - he was to activate it when he 'would not allow' her to die in front of him.

srry for the late info. forgot since busy as hell with bunch of stuff

I didn't expect Reana to use the revolver anyway, since she has moon spliced already. So that's how it works it's Reana's silent bodyguard. Haha typical of Kairak. Create a dragon artifact that only serves to protect his lover.

Dark could use the bow, and wasn't his aim to free his people? Or did he also thought about protecting if there's any Riyenas still on the planet that he'd protect them? Or was it because of the type Akoom that he is?

Btw I found this on Shin Weol's Twitter. Not sure what it says but it looks like an affinity tree or something.

Also, not sure where to put it but anyway, I'm planning on posting a few pics of the Abide books on my tumblr, mostly the exclusive content, like 4koma, new pics and such.

Edited by Dreamingflower, 29 June 2015 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image

Nat

Nat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Dark wants to free Akoom from slavery and his task is also to protect dragon n riyenas as an Akoom warrior, similar like Imugi these two race have the duty of serving, protecting and obey dragon and riyenas. Since Kairak choose Reana - a human girl as his Riyenas, those two race who think they are more superior than human are not really support this as they all think the position should belong to one of them not human, so Imugi try to get rid of Reana to make Karin become Riyenas. On Akoom side, Dark not really protecting Reana as riyenas and after he side with Eren (or brainwash by him) believe human is the man reason made Akoom race come to an end so he put the blame on Reana and turn a blind eye on her being Riyenas nor protect her.

For that affinity tree i think you can put it under Reana relationship cos all of them center around Reana and their affection toward her in funny way nothing serious here.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Okay Raws also state that Reana is 18 years old. Books and webtoon so she's 19 in the Raws since the new year has started.

Yes, but unlike Imugi, Akoom were especially created to serve the dragons and they don't have any dark ambitions, if they were they would become humanised and turn into humans. Akoom don't see themselves as superior either and Dark shows to care for Kairak and Reana, he even protected her a few times. He doesn't side with Eren, he's forced and yes probably brainwashed and experimented on. He doesn't blame Reana at all, she has shown a lot of times that she wants to help them , she's even been taken advantage of because of that.

Imugi on the other hand decided to serve dragons to gain their favour and establish tuition of Riyenas and this one of the strongest races. They are selfish and egocentric. They can't accept other species to claim the position of Riyenas nor Akoom, nor humans. Akoom practically don't care who becomes a Riyenas as long as they can fulfil their duty. That was before they were turn into slaves now they can even have a will of their own.

Posted Image

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
A chapter we all have been waiting for! Kairak centered chapter! YAAAAAAAAY!

Too bad I can't read Korean but gosh I'm sooo happy and also sad... So how was Kairak able to get Reana's soul? Why is Kairak trapped in what looks like a spider web?! Omgomgomg!!

Btw I can't help but notice how much Reana looks like child Luna. Especially when she laughs.

Edited by Dreamingflower, 01 July 2015 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

miree

miree

Potato

• Members
  • 109 posts

CI1a9WzUsAALYbx.jpg

What the hell?! Is that Reana? 

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts
Baby Reana? Are we going to see her childhood during chapter 174?! Gosh that looks awesome! But why? Or is Kairak going to stalk her in her past or something. Seems that some of big Kairak's hobbies.

She looks so cute as a kid! Ugh 4 weeks till that chapter! It's not fair! ><

Edit:
Tumblr summaries

Edited by Dreamingflower, 01 July 2015 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image