Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox - How NOEZ does Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea

Have you noticed that it does something very similar to what you want if you go to your name right by the sign out link at the top there, then click on My Content? Try it and see if that doesn't appease your search needs.

O there is it, Thank You... I was trying to use the Search Function... which didn't work as I wanted, LOL.

21j9mie.jpg

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Glad to be of assistance. It is, actually, something I just discovered myself after seeing your post and wondering if something like that already did exist in some way.

Edited by Souldrake, 08 January 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=345591
:
D so damn mad, after esprit release.

wow, they are angry at the scanlaters? did I miss something? do they think the translated manga just grows on trees?

Edited by hero, 08 January 2012 - 01:03 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
this is why 80% of the world can be considered retards. and most certainly a large majority who stay with mangafox thinking they are the 'good guys'. But somehow I think this method will not work anymore if mangafox switches to allowing animated .gifs on their readers. also, dem leechers should try finding out why scanlators are even doing such things in the first place when they didn't in the past. I'm considering making an account on mangafox just to counter the fools there, but I guess I'm just too lazy to do so and no point heading over the mangafox and giving them more ad money. (No longer even drops by MF anymore)

edit: oh and, I really wonder why the mods there are still there. I wonder if it's because they're paid, or because they are one of the idiots thinking scanlators are childish people who got nothing better to do other than to troll MF etc.

Edited by soranokira, 08 January 2012 - 02:37 AM.

Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Actually, Manga-Fox uploaded a trapped .PNG release from our Download site rather than ripped the animated gifs from Batoto. I, honestly, did not expect them to do that, it was a pure experiment to see if they would... sure enough... The sad thing is there is a README.gif file which actually tells them how to get the real .PNGs lol.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
LOL, they locked the threads....

And yea, kinda sad that most manga viewers thinks that mangas... is something they should be given the rights to read...
And than say that Scanlators should "do their jobs" or GTFO....

I myself have been with manga for a long long time... (started reading JUMPs back in Taiwan when I was 4 years old, LOL... looking at pictures and not words at that time - loved Doraemon...)
And when I found out that you can read Manga online, I was entirely overjoyed.
Than I found out about MangaFox (who just started)... was a great Manga Site.

At that time, MangaFox actually have the best Team members and works with all scanlators and listens to reader's comments and suggestions...
Until... MangaFox required more servers and such due to traffic and large sizes of manga files...
Than they started to move sites to other host sites and started to remove Team members and got new ones....
From than on... it's all downhill for the scanlators.

They also did this move because of the "Anti-manga host site movement"... MangaFox actually had to remove licensed mangas such as One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, etc, from their sites, until *who knows that they really did* got the Mangas back up... which many of us speculated that they paid large amount of money or something.

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 08 January 2012 - 02:57 AM.

21j9mie.jpg

Yurius

Yurius

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I've been sharing this thread to my IRL friends that uses mangafox like I did. But now this is our new home.

QuesoNeko

QuesoNeko

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Wow, I had no idea MF was an unethical site to this extent. I often used it as my starting point when OneManga died. Is MF the only online reader site that is so questionable? I know there are a lot of other ones out there, but as of yet the main one that seems to be specifically pointed out is MF.

It'd be good to know if there are other sources I should be trying to avoid, as I really do have no idea O_o I guess Batoto will be my new homebase for manga, and I'll just need to start making the effort to visit scanlator sites directly if I can't find a manga housed here.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
MF is specifically pointed out as it is the largest and most popular online reader as of now.
there's a list of NOEZ sites somewhere...but I forgot where it is. *shrugs*
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

It'd be good to know if there are other sources I should be trying to avoid, as I really do have no idea O_o I guess Batoto will be my new homebase for manga, and I'll just need to start making the effort to visit scanlator sites directly if I can't find a manga housed here.

Other lesser known sites owned by NOEZ would be Otakuzone.com, Animeonline.net and game321.com. Yes, that last website is a site dedicated to online games. They operate under the name 'Ngames Limited' for their gaming ventures. You also won't find much about these in a whois search because NOEZ use private domain registration.

also mangahere in part of NOEZ

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLatvia
ahhh i always go to MF if i know that there is troll chapter and read forums bit about it since i can get good laugh :batoto_029:
.....thinking about it should get opera and get add blocker script just for that site see how they like it :batoto_020:
E1
funny bunnys xD

E2
Wonders what would happen if ALL groups would take 1 month break xD

Edited by 0208, 09 January 2012 - 04:04 PM.

spikexp

spikexp

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I knew there was something with MF that wasn't clear, but this tell me everything. Thank you for the information topic.

Well, I use mangaupdate, so I always go directly to the scanlator site.

Also another funny thing about mangafox, their Legal Disclamer
http://www.mangafox.com/disclamer.php

So much bullshit...

Everyteam should do like the chapter 11 of Seishun Forget. But explain clearly on each page why it is.

demonangelzero

demonangelzero

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts
I actually got a virus from mangafox on my old laptop years ago when I was new to the internet and still on internet explorer. Internet browsers started to open all of a sudden continually and I was scared my laptop was broken. Just deleted the account and started a new one lost a lot of my pictures some I may never own again. But I blamed myself back then for my naivety but now I am older and more knowledgeable and wonder why did they have viruses on their site.

P.S. I got owned buy an ad about downloading "anti-virus" stuff. It was one of those ads were they teleport you to a whole new place and you have to click go back. Also I was on Internet Explorer(IE).
P.P.S. Does mangafox profit from me downloading that virus?

Edited by demonangelzero, 10 January 2012 - 06:01 PM.

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
They get profit from the AD - once the ad shows up on your screen or "activates"

MangaFox generates Money... (which is why the more view they get, the more money they get) - simple isn't it?

It's the same way how some "Blogs" work.... more view = more money.

21j9mie.jpg

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

They get profit from the AD - once the ad shows up on your screen or "activates"
MangaFox generates Money... (which is why the more view they get, the more money they get) - simple isn't it?
It's the same way how some "Blogs" work.... more view = more money.

do they also get money if someone uses ad block?

Zahmbie McBur

Zahmbie McBur

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I should've known something was up with MF when their Fox .gifs disappeared.

Katzen

Katzen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 937 posts
that makes a lot of sense. i'm not really sure what things you guys have talked about, i just know Noez is somehow based in China since the gifts they sent me for the holidays about a year ago were sent from a Chinese address.

яαιηвσω яσ¢кѕ ヾ(◍’౪`◍)ノ゙| SlhbZiq.gif

Qoad

Qoad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone !

I'm new on this site but as a now-previous user of Mangafox I'd like to share my thoughts, and maybe this can help you guys to adjust your sensibilization strategy of the mangareaders.

[First of all, I'm not a native english speaker, so forgive my errors, weird sentences etc... :) ]

When I first started reading mangas online, I used onemanga, that was a great site in my opinion, but then as you all know, it was shut down, so I just stopped looking for a site gathering releases and just downloaded the scans of the mangas I like directly on the scanlation teams.

But after a while, I started looking again for a site like this one, that gathers a lot of manga, because it's a great way to find new series you don't know about.
And then I found MangaFox. The site looked nice, was easy to understand/use, there was a huge community and tons of mangas, so I thought : "nice".
Also, I might have not taken notice on a few mangas, but in my opinion, all of them had the credit pages included, and on each serie's page, the scanlation team's names was written, so I thought they had respect for the scanlating teams.

Then again after a while, those "watermarks" (?) saying something like "courtesy of the leechers of mangafox" or something like that started appearing, and (maybe because I'm not-so-clever), my immediate reaction was to think this was a so-called war started by batoto to get more popularity, using mangafox.
I also thought that the message displayed in those "watermarks" was taking mangafox's readers for dumb people, leechers, well I don't the know the good word in english, but some kind of scumbag. And since I had no idea what was going on, I thought : "the hell with those batoto guys acting all knowy and mighty for their own sake".

And then when I was reading a new addition on Mangafox by the Japanzai team (which I thank for it's work by the way, even if it's not the place to do so), I saw this : http://www.mangafox....ga/c002/1.html.
Now this tiggled my curiosity for various reason :
- it wasn't offensive for those reading it
- it explained a little the "why we doing this" thing
- the link with the explanation wasn't a link to batoto but a link to the scanlation team's forum (that's the best point in fact, the one that made me think maybe I was wrong all along, and made me want to know more about this).

Now that I'm aware of the situation I plan on using this site instead of MangaFox of course, and I have to say it's nice that you guys here (batoto) actually supports the teams (first by respecting their wishes and also by sharing the ads income).

The point I wanted to make, is that I'm probably not the only one that understood those watermarks the wrong way, hence making them even eager to stay at mangafox. I think an approach like the one japanzai used in the linked I gaved is way better, as it shows this was not initiated by batoto but by the teams themselves and as it's not looking down on the people still using mangafox.

Also there is of course a large (majority ?) of the readers that probably don't give a shit about the piracy, the respect of the teams and whatever, I do believe many are just unaware of the situation or just got the wrong idea when reading the watermarks.

Sorry for the long text, I hope you can understand what I was trying to say !

P.S: also I think it has been said before, but if the users here would use the forum more to discuss about their favorites manga's last chapter, favorite character and so on, it would probably be a warmer and more welcoming place to enjoy reading mangas :).

<edit : Also this is definitly not the place to discuss about this, but I really miss the fact that when you do a research here, you can't see what is the current lastest chapter uploaded for each series. And on another level, the fact that when you're reading a chapter you don't immediatly see the number of pages remaining (like 17/35 for exemple), you have to click on the page scrolling menu on the upper right corner. Even if it's not that big of an inconvenience, it's really more enjoyable when you can see those thing immediatly (at least in my opinion ^^).>

Edited by Qoad, 14 January 2012 - 01:14 PM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

<edit : Also this is definitly not the place to discuss about this, but I really miss the fact that when you do a research here, you can't see what is the current lastest chapter uploaded for each series. And on another level, the fact that when you're reading a chapter you don't immediatly see the number of pages remaining (like 17/35 for exemple), you have to click on the page scrolling menu on the upper right corner. Even if it's not that big of an inconvenience, it's really more enjoyable when you can see those thing immediatly (at least in my opinion ^^).>

yes, here is not the place for it, you can make a suggestion here

Qoad

Qoad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

yes, here is not the place for it, you can make a suggestion here

Thank you for the link !

I'll take my time to read it and then post my own few suggestions (well, I say "my own" but they are in fact just things I deemed usefull on the previous site where I was reading ^^).