Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox - How NOEZ does Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

Neosureshot

Neosureshot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Okay I am new and i would like to apologise since I wont deny i found the watermarks a bit of a pain. I did not think much of it but i then figured i would follow a link Japzai put on the amagami extra chapter. I had no idea that this was going on i thought it was just some prima donna crap. so my thoughts on this are kinda simple, im disgusted in mangafox (i dont use it anyway havent used it in ages)

The Warrior Gentleman

The Warrior Gentleman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

Okay I am new and i would like to apologise since I wont deny i found the watermarks a bit of a pain. I did not think much of it but i then figured i would follow a link Japzai put on the amagami extra chapter. I had no idea that this was going on i thought it was just some prima donna crap. so my thoughts on this are kinda simple, im disgusted in mangafox (i dont use it anyway havent used it in ages)

Hey again, you don't need to apologize. I too found them annoying, and I also started going to Batoto because of MF's problem people.
So pretty much same reason.

Neosureshot

Neosureshot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I feel an apology is the least i own the scanlators considering the rage i spewed cause of the watermarks at the time

Rion

Rion

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWhere sun shines.

http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=345591

:
D so damn mad, after esprit release.

WTF !!!
LMAO !
and a bit angry too D:
even though im on mf forum but seriously just what the fuck was that !!

Edited by !unknown, 17 January 2012 - 07:47 PM.

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland

:

WTF !!!
LMAO !
and a bit angry too D:
even though im on mf forum but seriously just what the fuck was that !!

They deleted one page worth in there, of scanlators constructive criticism and explanations too. Yes, in that topic. :P

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

TrueMetis

TrueMetis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
Alright this thread has convinced me to stop using Mangafox for the few manga I read on it, but I want to ask about the other sites I use. How good are manga.animea.net and mangareader.net?

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
...why not just use batoto since you're already here instead of going to animea or mangareader.
btw, both are equally bad. I don't know of any online readers (other than scanlation group ones) that aren't profit-focused or backed by companies other than batoto.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~
I'd go and use mangatraders... the reader isnt all that good atm but they could sure use the ad money xD +they have virtually every scanlated series/licensed work you can basically find (ofc there are some that arent uploaded yet :'( )

TrueMetis

TrueMetis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

...why not just use batoto since you're already here instead of going to animea or mangareader.
btw, both are equally bad. I don't know of any online readers (other than scanlation group ones) that aren't profit-focused or backed by companies other than batoto.

Laziness mostly, I'm reading quite a few manga concurrently. Though I guess if I transfer as I'm reading it wouldn't be that tough.

I'd go and use mangatraders... the reader isnt all that good atm but they could sure use the ad money xD +they have virtually every scanlated series/licensed work you can basically find (ofc there are some that arent uploaded yet :'( )

I'll look into that then.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
well apparently it's best to go with batoto for some series since scanlators are supporting it and uploading their releases here rather than the messy stuff at mangatraders.
case in point: http://japanzai.com/index.php?topic=1717.msg13620;topicseen#new
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Logrus

Logrus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hello, guys
first sorry for crapy ingliz

2nd - do u remember, that after OneManga end, they got like 600k likes in FB for 1 months (or close) . That was the time, when I understand - there are a lot of money in this sites. I made a research, and as Batoto knows, its take a lot to host and keep up with site like this. Its not a cheap or easy task. And also, this is very ,very easy and friendly way to read manga. So me, as user, I'm OK few people to gain some good cash for take care of site like this.
Sites like Batoto, are good place to move to next step. Like Naver cafe. Place where artist can work, publish, and gain money (from ads, donation, book sells). Ok, thats for other topic.
What we have here is the problem why people who do this for our sake , lose money, work hard and make other sacrifice, fail behind?
Because its illegal.
Simple fact, that you all forget (maybe, dont know, didnt read full thread, to much ingliz for meh ... and not totalty agree thats its illegal, coz ... you know ... there is no legal way to read manga online :D ).
Sad, but true, original owner of manga, manhwa etc DONT want to do this work. They dont want to open free online sites for manga, where they can gain money for there own good. They keep to the old, and going in the past, way to gain money - the paper books. But Internet is changing the Business, and if business dont want to change be his "free will", he will be FORCE to do it. I hope u get my point.

So, for what I think , the future is in online manga, and rare paper volumes/issues.
Why? The answer is not for this topic, also :) .

For now, the only way for non-japaness to read manga is to (with irony) read it online for free.
Its a great art, I adore it, but I cant pay 10$ for book ... this is madness. And also its not in my native lang.

In shor, I'm ok to reat free manga, and someone to earn money from ads. Not every scan group can have own site for online read, so its natural to have sites like this. Now we have big interes in manga, this make the stuff more complicated, and yes ... we (the manga fans/readers/scanlators) cant go like this forever.
When there was few fans, it was ok for everyone. Now we are many ... and trust me, when i say many i mean TOO MANY :D . This cant be hide, cant be ignore, and like i say - cant continue.

And my 2 cent in the end - i think Batoto must start working with manga artist itself. Coz, I'm sure old bisnessmens will never give the bone without a fight. But you dont need to fight Shonen jump :). Again - look at Naver cafe - Nobless, Tower of God, Paladin, etc etc . Great comics. For free.
There will be new generation artists, who dont want to work under Shonen Jump censorship. Who dont want to follow old steps like "shonen is shonen/seinen is seinen, and u cant mix those"( because of target group, and money ofc).
For every new step, u will need support, people, money aka influence. For this idea, I will support you by reading here. And when I can, with whatever else you need.
And I hope u can bring new good (better) future for everyone of us - artists and readers (because i am sure scanlators are first of all readers like us :) ).

thank you for the patience

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
if the manga companys want to market manga online, lets say like in korea, they will make it with their own site, so that they can make as much money as they can.

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D
hmmm well the only way to get the majority of the people to read on Batoto is to provide a better service than
mangahere/mangafox/etc. cuz people are lazy.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

:

...what the hell did I just read?
How could I ever have thought that that site was ever worth my time?

UIqflpq.jpg

Shinmaru

Shinmaru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
I'd like to thank Japanzai, for Bringing me here, so... Manga Fox has become a terrible seed? LOIC, anyone?
It's very bad to see how some of these people exploit the work of the Scanlators, A-Team, is Seriously pissed, but we should redirect more traffic to this site and also, talk to some scanlators to watermark some mangas with the site address(batoto.net and any supporting sites), so that they can come here.

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay

:

I literally wanted to insult him all I could...but I can't stand ignorance.
I use MF forum, but do not read manga there anymore, now I go to the scanlation page or here in batoto.

Arman

Arman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMoscow/Los-Angeles

Hello, guys
first sorry for crapy ingliz

-snip-

thank you for the patience

You got your point across to me. You're right, the entire scene is going through changes. Manga is being globalized, saw paperback volumes sold in Barnes & Nobles in Glendale, and the same manga in bookstores of Russia.

Informative and true post.

I'd take a guess and say that your first language is Korean?

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
This topic is not going in the direction intended. It was started to gather information about the company Noez.

But more for a while there hasn't been any new information just continued discussions form other threads here. (Watermarks/Mnagafoxbot, etc.).

Closed.