Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox - How NOEZ does Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

aznb0y1113

aznb0y1113

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

lol, don't think your Idea is ban worthy xD. In theory the idea is nice... but that's in theory, things like these rarely succeed, they will just wait till scanlators are the one being yelled at.... which is a bit :/.
yeah the idea can backfire really easily, because not everyone really know what a scanlator is and much less the rules, that concerns them :(, if we made some giant boy cut we would get a few people (who would have come eventually) to Batoto, but will make a lot of bad commercial for the rest of them... after all everyone wants to read manga :).

^ This will happen to scanlators for sure. We just need to get the word out. People put on facebook, spread on clubs, forums, etc. I'm pretty sure that we would get lots of activity in MangaFox, and many of our accounts will be banned in the process.

I don't know where but recently on chapter of manga on mangafox. the pages where GIFS instead of JPEGS meaning that what would happen is every second the words on the page would change into something totally unrelated making it impossible to read. This is something scanlators could do

that or we could spam forums of mangafox to spread the word

Do you have any idea besides spamming on MangaFox? They probably can track our IP addresses and ban us due to that.

What he was suggesting was not, only releasing them on their own site, but simply not releasing them for a while (though still translating them)...

^This.

darklord55555

darklord55555

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
http://www.mangafox....01/c005/11.html

dis was kinda funny u guys gotta do this more than usual maybe they will learn something

It is kinda scary how mangafox is spreading......

it is there on Iphones apps... kinda annoying

since this thread is for information gathering i would like some1 to check "Not a basement studio"

they have an app named MangaRock Mangafox

it host their chapters from mangafox and they have adds and subscriptions to have privileges

Edit: did some research on mangafox and found this: http://www.cubestat.com/www.mangafox.com

Edited by darklord55555, 17 December 2011 - 08:26 PM.

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Thanks for the links, looks like batoto is still far off...

http://www.cubestat.com/www.batoto.net

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
how much does the server cost?

darklord55555

darklord55555

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
we just need to get 100 time more pplz\

RavenxVoid

RavenxVoid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

http://www.mangafox....01/c005/11.html

dis was kinda funny u guys gotta do this more than usual maybe they will learn something

^This

Raika

Raika

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLook I'm right behind you! JK~
Hi, I came here after I got pissed off with some of my fav. Scan-groups closing down and such. I went to noes.com.cn, and since I been living in China for about 11 years, I could more or less read the page. Again with my knowledge about how the Chinese work, NOEZ is one of many Chinese game companies, at least they are registered in China as a game company. There are many of them, you probably never heard of them, since they only work in domestic markets, so NOEZ is a group of Chinese tech, programmers, and such. Since my friend's dad is an investor for one Chinese game company, I know a bit of background about how they work. The Chinese CEO, apparently his name is Jacky, hires some overseas ppl and the rest locals to help maintain the websites. The original founder, most likely that guy in NY, along the way prob. decided to make a bunch of website for the growing manga/game/anime industry and profit off them, and established his a company in China with the servers and such, since manpower and servers are cheap in China. To sum it up, basically a overseas dude makes a company in China, claims it to be one of the many online game developers, hired a team, and started to make their profit. The Chinese people in the company probably don't know about the scanlators and such, since they are paid to develop games and maintain websites and don't know where the website content are truly from. So if you continue to troll mangafox, the only thing you will get out of that is awareness of the situation, the company behind it will shrug it off and continue to rip off scans. Also, the website, otakushop, I can guarantee, most of the goods, if not all, are fake, due to the fact that they are in Guangzhou, which the where most of the factories are located in China are, the many branded counterfeits are made there. Again this information is based off my experience living in China, hope it helps.

0538eac231a9237c46d026939ba7d82d.giftumblr_mauva6OqqX1qbuna9o1_400_zps7278aa

Spoiler

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
Raise awareness about MF's misdeeds, switch public to reading off batoto or dl-ing releases to read, decrease MF revenue.
Basically that's what's happening now, and most likely the most effective method (Getting everyone to boycott or all scanlation groups to work together will NEVER work, simply because there will always be exceptions who do not wish to follow for their own personal gain)

The main issue here is probably with regards to the 'morality' of the situation. Scanlations help to promote the manga, and in any case getting the raws itself scanlated already helps sales. There are almost NO scanlation groups that claim they own the manga (Hell you probably can't even do that unless you remove the author/artist names on the manga itself). However, they do own the effort that has been put in into scanlating the manga (i.e. making it more readable for the general public).

Another issue is the 'code of honor' among scanlation groups that souldrake mentioned, where you generally do not go taking on a series that another group is doing without asking (especially when you can just help them out, unless they dropped it already). Asking is a sign of respect especially when another group has scanlated it for quite some time before. There are times when, let's say, translator of Group A released a script for the next chapter, but cleaner vanished and no other cleaner wants to take on the project, hence it was dropped. 6 months later, Group B takes on project without even contacting Group A. Do you think it's fine? Some may be fine with it, but some may find it offensive, especially when said translator's work goes down the drain. Some groups may go to greater extremes with regards to this 'code of honor'.
Generally speaking it would be great for scanlation groups to actually ask for the permission of the original mangaka to scanlate said manga series, but then again scanlation itself is considered illegal and a breach of copyright. Contacting the mangaka may also be difficult as well. Hence most groups actually don't bother asking. It's nice to see things like True Remembrance however, http://trueremembrance.insani.org/ <--insani released an official English localization of the visual novel by working with the original author of the visual novel True Remembrance, Shiba Satomi. This is just an example of a 'scanlation' done well giving proper respect to the original author in the visual novel area.

All the above(or tl;dr) is just another way of saying, it's the issue of morality in this manga/scanlating industry/community. Whether one pays heed to it or not is up to one's discretion. However, for those who think MF has overstepped the morality aspect, it is normal to want to let everyone know about it, and hope that the public who were previously ignorant of it, would change their views and stop supporting those that overstep the boundaries of morality in the scanlating community.

Edited by soranokira, 26 December 2011 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

cougarpeople

cougarpeople

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 30 posts
  • LocationHong Kong - China
TBH i wouldn't have known about batoto or about how MF has been mistreating scanalators if it weren't for MF.

I was reading a chapter of Glass Mask on MF when I discovered that the group was shutting down because of MF. I knew a bit about the problems but i never knew it was THAT serious. So I started to look around but stopped because I forgot about it -.- <- stupid me
Then I was reading another chapter where a group had inserted an awareness about MF and posted a page with Batoto on it. From then on i started to read more into what MF was doing.... I've also added promotional ads in my released chapters so more people know about Batoto (hope you guys are OK with me doing that)

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

stupid

truth is always shallow , dear admin of mangafox

especially to those that find it inconvenient
Spoiler

ravenblitz

ravenblitz

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGetting there...
lol that account spams "read it on MF" just like this one http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/cage-of-eden-r34
Posted Image

Kalladin

Kalladin

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
ha ha nice darklord.

Edited by Kalladin, 02 January 2012 - 03:45 AM.

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
<--- is still slowly moving... as I just noticed that
Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
disappeared from MangaFox... ;(

--- Kinda hard for me to abandon my 3000+ posts, LOL ---

Edited by chaos_animagic, 06 January 2012 - 04:06 AM.

21j9mie.jpg

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
oh manga's are being deleted from mangafox? o.o
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

JulioRosario

JulioRosario

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
Oooookay... shit... didn't know...
Could have been asked already but, except for their own games how do they earn money from a site if noone is paying a fee? I know there is a way, commercial or something, but I never understood how it worked.
Anyway I will be retiring from Mangafox anytime soon, don't know if I should leave mangahere just yet...
Last but not least, did you get to "advertise" the whole thing in the end?

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
Well, the funniest thing is, that problems with mangafox started by... them not abiding to group policies. Those that say "wait 24 hours before uploading it to xx" and stuff. There was no talk about money, ads, making money of scanlators work, we didn't really give a f*** about money. At least that goes for some groups i know and worked with. By not abiding to policies they raised our awareness of their desperacy when it comes to uploading our hard work without consent. Thus we probed into it deeper just to learn of the fact, that our hard work, even our own money (points at Souldrake (raws and stuffs)) is exploited, so that some company somewhere in the world making shitton of cash out of it.

Leechers go, read it on mangafox not knowing who was working on their favorite series and stuff, because that damn company minimizes amount of credits (or deletes them all if they are inconvenient) and appearance of scanlators names.

MEH

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

-世界死神- chaos_animagic

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH ~or~ Universe of Caelestis Dea
Currently... they removed the entire "Scanlator name section" from all manga (the one where it says which chapter is from which scanlation team)

They only have the "Contributer names" left when you hover your cursor ontop of a chapter

They completed remove most Scanlator information now.
Also, they're now adding "watermarks" to some manga pages themselves...

Not to mention they been placing those
"This image is hosted at mangafox.com, we take no credit for the creation or editing of this image, All credit goes to the appropriate parties involved in the creation or editing of this image. If you want to download the higher quality of this image, please visit the scanlator website"

At first it looks like they respect the Scanlators doesn't it?

But than you find out that Mangafox is INDEED taking credit for certain mangas... why else are they adding watermarks on some pages?

Current complain that I have for Batoto is... MangaFox's search function is better...
Because I can't really do a sort of search like this:

Member Name
All Type - forum, post, thread, etc.
By Date

Because by doing that I can see all threads I posted in and shows if any of them got updated from another member's post (and it will be the most recent posts).

Edited by -世界死神- chaos_animagic, 07 January 2012 - 03:30 AM.

21j9mie.jpg

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
Have you noticed that it does something very similar to what you want if you go to your name right by the sign out link at the top there, then click on My Content? Try it and see if that doesn't appease your search needs.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]

Buttock Follicle

Buttock Follicle

Couch Potato

• Contributor
  • 2,433 posts
  • Locationfuttocking away~

Currently... they removed the entire "Scanlator name section" from all manga (the one where it says which chapter is from which scanlation team)

They only have the "Contributer names" left when you hover your cursor ontop of a chapter

They completed remove most Scanlator information now.
Also, they're now adding "watermarks" to some manga pages themselves...

Not to mention they been placing those
"This image is hosted at mangafox.com, we take no credit for the creation or editing of this image, All credit goes to the appropriate parties involved in the creation or editing of this image. If you want to download the higher quality of this image, please visit the scanlator website"

At first it looks like they respect the Scanlators doesn't it?

But than you find out that Mangafox is INDEED taking credit for certain mangas... why else are they adding watermarks on some pages?

Current complain that I have for Batoto is... MangaFox's search function is better...
Because I can't really do a sort of search like this:

Member Name
All Type - forum, post, thread, etc.
By Date

Because by doing that I can see all threads I posted in and shows if any of them got updated from another member's post (and it will be the most recent posts).

um... there's a big search bar at the top o.o + you can go back and check your own posts (which is easy enough to do...)

krytyk

krytyk

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationPoland
http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=345591

:
D so damn mad, after esprit release.

Retired Manga Cleaner/Redrawer @Manga-Heaven, @kono-basho, @wangan-scans, anonymous and more.
Illustration editor

Light Novel translator