Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mangafox - How NOEZ does Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Much drama here lately...

zilentworld

zilentworld

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeventh Heaven Bar
so i just checked MF because i saw from japanzai that they removed all of the scanlator's name everywhere. This means that MF wanted to tell every scanlator's team to "fck off we don't care about you" ? ROFL MF

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
in fact the team's name are still here... they show if you make your cursor hover over a chape. but I consider that as good as removing them, especially when it show "thanks for contributing Japanzai & Mangafox"

Edited by Weaper, 09 December 2011 - 07:10 AM.

Posted Image

Sun-Ken Rock – Gunnm – Memories of Enamon

Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
I really don´t get what NOEZ was thinking when he did that.
I mean it won´t heart him if the scanslations groups name is there or?

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
It's an organization, they make profit from translators work, and they want it to keep running smoothly. (wont allow interference from anybody .>_<)
I bet they remove the group names, due to protest from scanlation have been more active. (more ad that leads here/ the scans websites.)
Because now more people are realizing that Mangafox aka noez aren't the one behind manga translating.

They must have realize the user are decreasing from their charts on a daily visit.
If they keep the group names on, more and more will just not read there anymore.

The ad surely proven useful in many ways, but at the same time it pisses off readers, that want their manga clean.

Ren

Ren

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 26 posts
  • Locationhttp://lazyass-scans.org
Now its like
Either scanlate the series which has watermarks like Btooom! which they tried or wait till the cleaner version is out~
Pathetic mf :ph34r:

Posted Image

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.
Sad thing that a lot of people just read the waterwark'd stuff anyways. I just.. couldn't do that. It ruins so much.

Buroguy32

Buroguy32

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts
I hope that Someday a Group of Yakuza will go on them and kill that NOEZ!!!!

Haganai

Haganai

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBatoto
How about we tell bush that they have oil.
Posted Image

Sieg

Sieg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Location.

I hope that Someday a Group of Yakuza will go on them and kill that NOEZ!!!!

That's a pretty horrible thing to say.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

That's a pretty horrible thing to say.

so it is... and well it's also very easy to say... specially without having been involved in anything similar...

but truly doubt there is much to do about NOEZ, they would just pay off the mafia/yakuza anyway...
Posted Image
Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
Someone mentioned OneManga was making money from the scanlations and I would have to retort that that is completely false.

Anyway, this entire situation reminds me of the time Scanlators were protesting against Narutofan.

aznb0y1113

aznb0y1113

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
This thread needs to be bumped.

This is a terrible thing to say, but if we can get many people supporting scanlators and not Mangafox, we can just boycott scanlations. Scanlators can do their own thing until the boycott is over (and successful), then we can upload the manga.

Hope that I won't get banned from saying something so "revolutionary"-like :D

Edited by aznb0y1113, 15 December 2011 - 04:23 AM.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
lol, don't think your Idea is ban worthy xD. In theory the idea is nice... but that's in theory, things like these rarely succeed, they will just wait till scanlators are the one being yelled at.... which is a bit :/.
yeah the idea can backfire really easily, because not everyone really know what a scanlator is and much less the rules, that concerns them :(, if we made some giant boy cut we would get a few people (who would have come eventually) to Batoto, but will make a lot of bad commercial for the rest of them... after all everyone wants to read manga :).
Posted Image
Spoiler

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

This thread needs to be bumped.

This is a terrible thing to say, but if we can get many people supporting scanlators and not Mangafox, we can just boycott scanlations. Scanlators can do their own thing until the boycott is over (and successful), then we can upload the manga.

Hope that I won't get banned from saying something so "revolutionary"-like :D

if the scanlation group releases a chapter on their site, the admins or bot from mangafox can just download that and upload it to the mangafox site.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

if the scanlation group releases a chapter on their site, the admins or bot from mangafox can just download that and upload it to the mangafox site.

What he was suggesting was not, only releasing them on their own site, but simply not releasing them for a while (though still translating them)...
Posted Image
Spoiler

RavenxVoid

RavenxVoid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I don't know where but recently on chapter of manga on mangafox. the pages where GIFS instead of JPEGS meaning that what would happen is every second the words on the page would change into something totally unrelated making it impossible to read. This is something scanlators could do

that or we could spam forums of mangafox to spread the word

Edited by RavenxVoid, 17 December 2011 - 01:29 AM.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

I don't know where but recently on chapter of manga on mangafox. the pages where GIFS instead of JPEGS meaning that what would happen is every second the words on the page would change into something totally unrelated making it impossible to read. This is something scanlators could do

that or we could spam forums of mangafox to spread the word

you mean chapter 11 of Seishun Forget!

RavenxVoid

RavenxVoid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
maybe but who knows I forgot *Nudge nudge wink wink*

Souldrake

Souldrake

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 275 posts
That would be .PNG, not .JPEG

It was not that the pages were unreadable, it was that they didn't even upload them because mangafox does not support animated gifs in its reader.

Edit: I would also like to add our release on Batoto WAS entirely readable if one exhibited enough patience to wait for the whole image to load, if it is, indeed, our release that is being referred to here.

Edited by Souldrake, 17 December 2011 - 05:01 AM.

Souldrake
Manga-Heaven Co-Founder and Translator [Retired]