Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Seven is Magical

• Please log in to reply
2812 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I had weird dreams but the day is going great!

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Wait... Is a square number always one greater than the product of the numbers directly before and after it? Okay, I guess that makes sense if I think about it.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I’m glad there exists someone who noticed this, I used to think about it as a kid.

But it’s just a special case of a normal identity

Edited by penrosecat, 13 March 2018 - 06:22 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Notnal identity means nothing to me, but I just worked out (n + 1) * (n - 1) = n² - 1 in my head and was satisfied.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

ok, sorry lol

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

No need to apologize?? o.o

Anyway I have to work now so I'm going to quiet down for a bit~

Edited by pokari, 13 March 2018 - 06:49 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Alright, time for me to get started too

(at 12 AM? Of course!)

~SAFE ZONE REACHED~

(The numbers are building up faster than I expected o.o)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Hehe, if we had all three of us we could get through 100 in one morning~

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

_

/  \

\_/

cyclohexane

_

/_\

\_/

bicyclo[2,2,0]hexane

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I think the only molecule with more than three atoms that I actually know the structure of at this point is graphene. If graphene can be called "a molecule," that is.

(I've forgotten pretty much all I know on making/reading compound names too)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I’ll probably forget in a while too...

Interesting thing is graphene (and graphite as an extension) is like a large number of benzene rings fused together.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I like how things like graphene are helping perpetuate the HEXAGONS = TECHNOLOGY trope.

Ugggh, I think I have some sort of low-key virus that only bothers me in the dead of night, right now. It's like the third day in a row I've been kind of thirsty hot and stuffy in the middle of the night, and so had to get up to at least drink something... (Note: the temperature inside/outside is cool, or it wouldn't be so strange)

Edited by pokari, 14 March 2018 - 11:46 AM.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Hmm, that sucks. I don't know why it could be happening, maybe you aren't drinking enough water? Are you under some form of stress?

Incidentally, I used to have this thing in January where I would wake up at 4AM in the night. I'm not sure exactly when and how it stopped, but it did (uninterrupted sleep, yay).

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I'm drinking way more water than usual (because the thought has occurred) and my stress is as low as it's been in a while, and it's still like this. Besides dehydration wouldn't lead to hot 'n stuffy. Pretty sure it's just a weird bug.

Uninterrupted sleep is one of those things you can't properly value untip you go a little while without it ~.~

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I can’t sleep after I’ve given an exam because I keep thinking about the answers... even if I sleep I wake up halfway realizing my mistake and can’t fall asleep.

My nose is half blocked all the time so I got used to the sleeping-with-a-cold sensation. I think if you start thinking about lots of things in bed you can tire your brain to sleep(?)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Okay, (past) time for me to actually start working... 's been a slow morning, but I shouldn't slack off all day. >_>;

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

haha, just like me this 'morning'

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.

Hello, hello. Re organic chemistry: I used to like it when I studied it (7 yrs ago), but I've forgotten most of the nomenclature, mechanisms and reactions now. :/

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I think o-chem is what scared my mother away from being a biochemistry major. So, hereditarily, I should expect to be only okay at it at best, right?

I never took it, though.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Everyone has their difficulties. Some day I would like to graduate from being someone who just memorizes stuff to someone who actually does the experiments. That would be cool.