Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaneki End up With?(Relationship)

poll ship

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Kaneki End up With?(Relationship) (321 member(s) have cast votes)

Kaneki End Up With?

1. Touka (218 votes [67.91%])

Percentage of vote: 67.91%

2. Rize (45 votes [14.02%])

Percentage of vote: 14.02%

3. Hinami (32 votes [9.97%])

Percentage of vote: 9.97%

4. Takatsuki (26 votes [8.10%])

Percentage of vote: 8.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

There's 2 things I hate in mangas/anime.

1- The anime/manga stops being produced half way. This really grinds my gears, especially when I absolutely love the plot.

2- The anime/manga hints and promotes romance yet nothing ever happens. This is just cringe worthy and happens way too often. Authors regularly hint that x and x love each other and wanna be together but never write them together, or write them having a romantic moment other than the random  events throughout the story line.

With this said.

If Touka x Kaneki doesn't happen the current 10/10 is going down to my trash tier manga list, 6/10. And I'm not saying this because I want Touka x Kaneki to happen, I'm saying this because I'm tired of reading manga and see romance hints left and right and nothing ever happens.

I know you all want KanekixTouka, but...

This is actually, not supposed to be romance manga. One thing you all forget.

I do not mind shipping, but let's face the reality.

We read/watch Tokyo Ghoul not for romance, but because of the roller coaster of feeling, great original story, good fighting moment and cool mask.

Please, do not dislike a manga/anime because the ship may not happen. It is kind a unfair. If it is in romance manga, I do not mind your comment at all. X'D

Edited by cestalia, 05 September 2014 - 09:08 AM.

BowlOfNoodles

BowlOfNoodles

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Kaneki x Amon all the way!

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

I think Kaneki x Takatsuki just became more interesting xD

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Ahahahahah, I almost thought that too! But hey, it could work (especially since he's such a great fan of her work). ^^  

arcanix93

arcanix93

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

Ok, the ship is sailing . 

Edited by arcanix93, 06 September 2014 - 07:46 PM.

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Ok, the ship is sailing . 

Good.. good... hehehe

Eazy

Eazy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I'm surprise this thread is even going. if any romance were to happen, the manga is pointing towards Kaneki and Touka. Hell, I took a look at Ishida sensei twitter yesterday and it's obvious he ships them too. I also like how Hinami is one of the choices on the poll when she's one of the biggest Kaneki/Touka shippers in the manga. :lol:

Takatsuki and Rize are crank pairings at best at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOxIVFGudU&index=7&list=PL478618496D88CAB4

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Hell, I took a look at Ishida sensei twitter yesterday and it's obvious he ships them too.

What do you mean?

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

All hail our One-Eyed Empress. It's so fuckin real now.

Nyuu3

Nyuu3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

If Touka x Kaneki doesn't happen the current 10/10 is going down to my trash tier manga list, 6/10. And I'm not saying this because I want Touka x Kaneki to happen, I'm saying this because I'm tired of reading manga and see romance hints left and right and nothing ever happens.

I'm with you on how annoying wasted romantic subplots are, and sure, getting together is generally the most satisfying conclusion...just note it's not the only meaningful one. Even if a couple doesn't get together, their feelings could still be vital to the story. That's what I'm asking for. For the authors not to tack on a few blushes and stuttered compliments that accomplish jack shit in the end. If the romance doesn't help drive the story, define the characters, etc...it's practically fanservice.

If Kaneki and Touka end up together, I'll be delighted, if it ends in tragedy I'll be heartbroken, but either way I have faith Ishida's going somewhere with this.

TurriPi

TurriPi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Kaneki end up with Arima.

As a suitcase.

Windburns

Windburns

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
What about Shiro and Kuro.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

^

Good choice(s)  :)

By the way,
If Kaneki were to leave the role of "the tragic hero", an ordinary lady is even a better choice.

Edited by Jassim Al-Madeh, 13 September 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Can't decide

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Can't argue with that XD

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

I know I might be the only one thinking like that, but I particularly appreciated the fact that Touka got the last words for the ending, especially when they were words of faith. Touka x Kaneki feels for the end for at least me. And I liked that.

Takeshi

Takeshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

I know I might be the only one thinking like that, but I particularly appreciated the fact that Touka got the last words for the ending, especially when they were words of faith. Touka x Kaneki feels for the end for at least me. And I liked that.

You're not the only one. 

Like you, I really like that Ishida did this in the last chapter. 

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Excuse me but I want the "Kurona and/or Nashiro" choice in the poll, please

Can't decide

sigsig

sigsig

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

My slash goggles aren't nearly as tight as they used to be, but I'd say that Tsukiyama's  feelings towards Kaneki have turned romantic. (He certainly doesn't really want to eat him anymore, that's for sure. Even if he does, something else is making him suppress that urge.) At this point, if anyone wanted to be with Kaneki, they'd have to make it past Mr. Yandere first. Like, in all seriousness.

But I guess I'm in the camp that says that Kaneki won't end up with anyone. ...Let alone Hinami. Why is she even in the poll? lol

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

What are you waiting for?! :D

Add "Kurona and/or Nashiro" to the poll.

And "Akira" also, LOL

Can't decide

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

Lol might as well add Tsukiyama...

Tsukiyama's poll would probably look like:

A. Kuro Kaneki 

B. Shiro Kaneki

C. Sasaki (If he smells like Kaneki)

D. All of the above

Edited by hopeandlight, 14 November 2014 - 05:35 AM.