Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Kaneki End up With?(Relationship)

poll ship

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Kaneki End up With?(Relationship) (321 member(s) have cast votes)

Kaneki End Up With?

1. Touka (218 votes [67.91%])

Percentage of vote: 67.91%

2. Rize (45 votes [14.02%])

Percentage of vote: 14.02%

3. Hinami (32 votes [9.97%])

Percentage of vote: 9.97%

4. Takatsuki (26 votes [8.10%])

Percentage of vote: 8.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

x-cube323

x-cube323

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 237 posts

I believe that Kaneki might die by the end of this series since he's a tragic hero and his whole story is supposed to be a "tragedy"...

but imo some romance between Kaneki and Touka is inevitable

moeanao

moeanao

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSweden

None of them, I hope.

But if I have to choose, I guess Touka.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
Unfortunately :( I believe that Kaneki wouldn't end up with anyone.
Because he's somehow unstable and has serious mental problems. And tragedies keep falling on him.
What's more, his path of living has no space for mere romance.
That's how it works ever since the incident with Yamori.

Touka: Their shared confused feelings, or Touka's one-sided confused feelings towards Kaneki, will be cleared before any chance leads to bed.
I don't think Touka's feelings for Kaneki are in a romcantic, but confused with the father-thing.
I bet that their relationship works the same way as Ichigo and Rukia's in Bleach.

Rize: Kaneki's relation to her is way too mental for me to describe properly.
At first, he liked her and so she did but as food.
After the incident with her, Rize became a traumatic experience for Kaneki. But surprisingly enough, he didn't hate her as well.
After the incident with Yamori, Rize became a strength source to Kaneki on reverse of being a traumatic experience before.
However, that also started to decay now. I wonder what's next...
The only thing I'm certain of is that dating her isn't healthy :D LOL
So I can say that she's the worst choice for Kaneki.

Hinami: :o .. To begin with, there is six year age gap between her and Kaneki. And also, she's a child.
She considers Kaneki as an older brother and so he does in the same way... There is really really nothing.
But I wonder how her character development will go and its reflexes in helping Kaneki with his mental problems...
She has a long way to go and grow after all. That's why I like her very much :)
Can't decide

DorkingtonPugsly

DorkingtonPugsly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Still gonna ship him with Takatsuki.

Would be a fun couple. And an unique one at that.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain
I also think Takatsuki should be taken into account, like the three in the poll.
Can't decide

Vyserius

Vyserius

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

well my inner self (who pray to the god of manga) wants kaneki end up with hinami :batoto_006: , but touka would be most likely the chosen if the author wants kaneki have a relationship with someone.

Radhir

Radhir

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationChile

I came to think about this, I think he will be whit touka, and here is my opinion: (I'm coping my own reply from another post)

MANGA SPOILERS:

Touka:

In the beginning of aogori arc's we can see how she is the one most shocked when the manager folds everyone that probably they will never see kaneki again, before that we can see that every time she cared more about kaneki. In the chapter 79 at the end we saw how shed takes his father weeding ring and start thinking about kaneki.

​Sadli after that, kaneki leaves her and anteiku and they don't meet again until the chapter 120. Something I should mention is that when it was touka's birthday he actually gives her a gift (whiteout showing himself)

and how touka reacts ? She got out of the college running trying to find kaneki, when she realized he was already gone she say "why are you so unfair kaneki".

After a lot of time, on chapter 120 they finally meet, but because kaneki was giving a shit about the idea of going back to anteiku. (like a baws  cool.png) She beat the shit out of him asking why he changed (referring to before and after being tortured by jason). That make me think that touka maybe liked kaneki, but the old one, the not badass one. I think that maybe she still feeling the same, but she wants the gentle kaneki back

(PROBABLY, JUST A THEORY). Another important  fact its that kaneki liked intellectual women (chapter 1) and after kaneki leaves, touka started to study the most of the time. Coincidence? I THINK NOT

KANEKI:

At the beginning, he its a bit scared of touka, he told that to uta when he was making his mask, but when they start spending time together training and working on anteiku, he start to care of touka as much as hide (meaning that he think of her as a very good friend or he likes her) Also in chapter 72 i guess, he returned to aogiri's hideout just to save her.

Also in toukas birthsay He actually gives her a gift, an important fact about this is that it has only been shown how he gived a gift to touka, but not to anybody else because it hasn't appeared on the manga, if you think about that, that can be a clue of a possibility of kaneki x touka

ANOTHER IMPORTANT FACTS:

1-The creator of the manga also like making kaneki and touka together on his drawings

2-A lot of people confused them as a pair.

3-The manga creator uses a lot the blood type in this manga and like HappyPanda said Touka: O type, Kaneki: AB.

O girl/AB goy = amazing couple. (BTW thanks Panda)

4- Like traumatic tomato said (BTW amazing post) how the anteiku theme was going, they could finish together.

​5- The author had haves no problem on relations like yoshimura and his wife,  nishiki and kimi, etc...

BUT

As we all know (i think), kaneki its almost a monster whit no feelings or he has gone mad. First he need to go back to his normal self personality before any romance. And kaneki its a tragic hero so probably this will end something like guilty crown, he will dye, or he and touka live and happy ending.

This was my first post, How it was?

sorry if i have a bad spelling but I'm from chile a spanks-talking country  unsure.png

Takatsuki x Kaneki would be really weird (in a good way) but work really well. They had pretty good chemistry for the brief moment they talked. 

A reader/fan and writer/admirer couple would imo be pretty fun/interesting.

BUT (spoilers)

Takatsuki knows he is a ghoul and reported him to the ccg on chapter 116 i think or maybe 117, and because she knows about him i think he works whit kanou :(

BTW: can someone show me how to make the spoiler thing?

Edited by Radhir, 20 August 2014 - 10:22 PM.

Im a human 

​But I want to eat that, it can't be helped

But if I eat that, i'll not be Human anymore

- Ken Kaneki

capt_bunny

capt_bunny

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCandyland

I think Kaneki is going to end up with no one and I don't mind that. 

I can see the hints with Touka and Kaneki but past the aogori arc seems very complicated. Kaneki changed a lot so it's harder. 

Rize isn't exactly the best.... 

I would prefer if he ended up with Hinami. I understand their age gap but personality wise seems right. Seeing how they could have a sweet platonic relationship. I know she is interested in him and very concern about him as Kaneki is concern about her too. 

After Rain

After Rain

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I believe that Kaneki might die by the end of this series since he's a tragic hero and his whole story is supposed to be a "tragedy"...

but imo some romance between Kaneki and Touka is inevitable

Totally agree with this possibility and the obvious direction and time spent showing the interactions/yearning for the past between Touka/Kaneki. (Well, Touka towards Kaneki more at this point)

Even if he doesn't die, I just feel like the chances of an explicit happy ending (with a relationship) might be too optimistic given the themes D:

If we are just shipping though. I'd totally slip in *cough* Tsukiyama *cough*.

Edited by After Rain, 23 August 2014 - 07:22 PM.

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

The most surprising thing would be for this to be a happy ending, that is why I nominate "happy ending". I mean wouldn't it be proper if Kaneki can't star in the tragic hero he "selflessly" thinks himself to be.

R825

R825

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Sooo... yeah I don't think he loves touka, in fact I doubt he loves any girl now. 

People you sometimes forget about real life , only because they get along together doesn't mean he inmediately loves her or smth , it is kinda for sure that SHE likes him , but kaneki never showed that kind of emotions towards her. In fact (and not saying in an homosexual way) the person that kaneki really cares about is hide , I mean even when he was being tortured he remembered HIDE and the PEOPLE OF ANTEIKU, not touka personally... autors use this to connotate the importance of a character to someone.
So yeah he doesn't love any girl yet , he cares a lot about touka , hinami and pretty much everybody. But doesn't mean he loves them all. 

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Sooo... yeah I don't think he loves touka, in fact I doubt he loves any girl now. 

People you sometimes forget about real life , only because they get along together doesn't mean he inmediately loves her or smth , it is kinda for sure that SHE likes him , but kaneki never showed that kind of emotions towards her. In fact (and not saying in an homosexual way) the person that kaneki really cares about is hide , I mean even when he was being tortured he remembered HIDE and the PEOPLE OF ANTEIKU, not touka personally... autors use this to connotate the importance of a character to someone.
So yeah he doesn't love any girl yet , he cares a lot about touka , hinami and pretty much everybody. But doesn't mean he loves them all. 

I hope you won't take offense for my post, because it's not supposed to be aggressive or anything, but the thing is shipping is almost always about these two people having cute/smart/funny/scary/crazy/romantic interactions that one reader will like and another dislike, which is why nobody never agrees and why there are shipwars, so it's no way near real life. When you're in a story like TG, the MCs are facing dark times that can't be anything close to "real life" and as a reader you get close to characters and you like them, you suffer/laugh with them, so shipping comes naturally between two characters having interactions that you enjoy reading about. So comparing it to real life when the whole plot and rules are no way near close to what we know in our everyday life can't work since everything is different, and besides shipping isn't about being canon in the manga, shipping is about what you like in a relationship between two characters with their own definite personalities.

For example, I've seen lots of Kaneki/Tsukiyama or Kaneki/Uta (even Kaneki/Amon), and for instance I'm wondering what they're seeing in Kaneki/Uta, since they've had like 5 interactions at most? But the shippers saw something that they liked in the way they acted with each other every time, so now they ship them. That's their thing, even if it doesn't work that way in other people's mind.

--

Now I'm telling you that because of course yes "getting along doesn't mean he loves her" and I agree, just as much as I agree he cares about Hide, but the thing is in your mind the author connotates the importance of Hide to Kaneki while in mine, there are other parts making me believe that he's got more fondness for Touka than for anyone else (Hide being someone very special to him I can't deny that, like an anchor, and Hinami is another someone close to Kaneki in another different way), so it's really a difference in opinions.

Final point, I don't think Kaneki/Touka shippers like the two of them together because "they get along together" that would be childish, especially since Kaneki gets along with Itori, Hinami, Kimi, Irimi... Their relationship went from strong despise/hate/dislike for Touka and great fear for Kaneki to a mutual respect, understanding and appreciation of each other, as well as trust. And as a Touka/Kaneki shipper I don't think that Kaneki loves Touka. I think that for him she's different from the others, especially because they had a tense relationship at first and they went through a lot together to arrive where they're at now. So yes, shipping Kaneki/Touka doesn't mean that Kaneki loves Touka, that just means he seems closer to her in our opinion and that we like their interactions.

Again, I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just trying to explain why your post can anger some people.

Unfortunately :( I believe that Kaneki wouldn't end up with anyone.Because he's somehow unstable and has serious mental problems. And tragedies keep falling on him.What's more, his path of living has no space for mere romance.That's how it works ever since the incident with Yamori.Touka: Their shared confused feelings, or Touka's one-sided confused feelings towards Kaneki, will be cleared before any chance leads to bed.I don't think Touka's feelings for Kaneki are in a romcantic, but confused with the father-thing.I bet that their relationship works the same way as Ichigo and Rukia's in Bleach.Rize: Kaneki's relation to her is way too mental for me to describe properly.At first, he liked her and so she did but as food.After the incident with her, Rize became a traumatic experience for Kaneki. But surprisingly enough, he didn't hate her as well.After the incident with Yamori, Rize became a strength source to Kaneki on reverse of being a traumatic experience before.However, that also started to decay now. I wonder what's next...The only thing I'm certain of is that dating her isn't healthy :D LOLSo I can say that she's the worst choice for Kaneki.Hinami: :o .. To begin with, there is six year age gap between her and Kaneki. And also, she's a child.She considers Kaneki as an older brother and so he does in the same way... There is really really nothing.But I wonder how her character development will go and its reflexes in helping Kaneki with his mental problems...She has a long way to go and grow after all. That's why I like her very much :)

Seeing how dark the story is, and seeing all the new chapters, there is a fairly high chance of you being right about Kaneki dying. In any case, with the dark story we will lose more important characters I'm sure of it. So why not Kaneki?
Since Rize is alive though and since we don't know yet what role this will mean for her, there might be a chance of a bigger presence in the future.

Edited by favole, 31 August 2014 - 01:01 AM.

Qcks

Qcks

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

Ehh... I'm gonna have to say no one. He may, by the end of the series, have some intimate moments with Touka but i don't think he'll end up with her.  

Kaneki is going to end up in increasingly violent situations, and the escalation of the conflicts is such that i don't see him growing to an old age.

Touka actually makes conscious choices to put herself into a safe, stable environments and it's pretty easy to see that this is going to put them into conflict at some point. 

I think Touka is more likely to end up with Hide, then Kaneki, but even that is kinda... meh. 

hopeandlight

hopeandlight

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts

If there's going to be any romance, it'll probably be between Kaneki and Touka. Touka was able beat sense into Kaneki. A beat down from anyone else would probably hit a brick wall or back-fire. If anything, it'll parallel the relationship the manager had with his human lover Ukina. 

There's also nothing wrong with liking guys who are similar to one's father. Girls do it in real life. Some are rather happy about it.

There's also been a sort of canon shipping. Hinami was trying to bring her Onii-chan and Onee-chan together because they would be "happier" together. 

Otherwise, it'll just be Kaneki x real Kaneki  because the story's about Kaneki finding his true self. 

Mmm...Hide x Touka probably won't happen. Hide wouldn't take the only girl his best friend shows interests in.

cestalia

cestalia

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

As much I love see Kaneki kicks Tsukiyama *in crack pair case*, I think Kaneki suits Touka.

The development of relationship, Touka I think is the one.

Hinami is just a child. Though it will be interesting if this is developed farther.

I think Rize becomes strength for Kaneki and the reason why he can't hate her. Without Rize, everything won't happen anyway.

Then again, I do not mind if Kaneki end up alone as long as he lives happy in the end. Seriously, I just want that poor kid have a happy ending.

sumusikoo

sumusikoo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

There's 2 things I hate in mangas/anime.

1- The anime/manga stops being produced half way. This really grinds my gears, especially when I absolutely love the plot.

2- The anime/manga hints and promotes romance yet nothing ever happens. This is just cringe worthy and happens way too often. Authors regularly hint that x and x love each other and wanna be together but never write them together, or write them having a romantic moment other than the random  events throughout the story line.

With this said.

If Touka x Kaneki doesn't happen the current 10/10 is going down to my trash tier manga list, 6/10. And I'm not saying this because I want Touka x Kaneki to happen, I'm saying this because I'm tired of reading manga and see romance hints left and right and nothing ever happens.

chipathy

chipathy

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

If Touka x Kaneki doesn't happen the current 10/10 is going down to my trash tier manga list, 6/10. And I'm not saying this because I want Touka x Kaneki to happen, I'm saying this because I'm tired of reading manga and see romance hints left and right and nothing ever happens.

there's hardly any romance hints. Kaneki has definitely not shown any romantic interest in Touka, he just cares about her. Same with Touka, sure some people can interpret it as something romantic but nothing is black and white.

Traumatic Tomato

Traumatic Tomato

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 203 posts

That's sorta where I'm at, like a big tease and then thrown out the window. Touka is obviously into Kaneki but Kaneki is having mental problems of his own to deal with and now he has learn that he shouldn't shoulder the burden by himself because it's selfish. Touka is the one who tells him that because she knows him better than anyone, even himself. If there is so much build up between them and judging from how their relationship has grown over the chapters, if nothing happens then that would be a disappointing waste of time.

favole

favole

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

No matter if it's romantical or not, they're both main characters, he's the main guy she's the main girl, so all in all, they're bound to be deeply linked together (especially since they were always together until the aogiri arc), and if it turns out to also be on a romantical level then it's all for the better.

Kurumayu

Kurumayu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Kaneki x the inside of Tsukiyama's stomach is the only ship. Très bien!

(But a more serious answer? I don't think he's going to end up with anyone.)

Edited by Kurumayu, 03 September 2014 - 09:24 PM.