Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
597 replies to this topic

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Gotta love Rin, never say never, throw some more cold water on your sister's dreams!!   :D

Rin kinda sounded jealous there in my opinion. :) Though I'm also guessing she said that as a "push" in making Yuzuki visit Haruto given that she's really supporting their relationship in a discreet way like before. She was always the catalyst for most of the big turning points in their relationship.

Pretty cute when Yuzuki was sleep-talking like she's a mother already. Just don't tell me it's a sign that she's  gonna get knocked-up pretty soon, lol.

And... Yamasaki again... She's got a thing for Haruto's "thing"!!

Edited by anfunatohi, 17 November 2013 - 03:15 AM.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

Well, Haruto had his "indecisive" Haruto lapse when he couldn't get ahold of her on the phone.  Both of them acted like mature, in love adults when he got back to his apartment.  It's what I wanted them to do. They have both grown immeasurably in the last chapters, and I really love that they act this way.  She grumps and then writes something endearing, and he grumps, and upon reading her note, is overcome with love for her.  It is really lovely.  His "sempai" in the company is one of the reasons that real feminism is taking so long to be universally understood.  Her type is definitely out there, and they do horrible damage to the cause of hard working women in all parts of the work field.  In the U.S. Military, I never had the rank or billet to attract these "sleep your way to the top" people, but I watched a number of them.  It was lousy for the mission at hand, and it was far worse for women in the military as a whole.  The cutie-pies who slept for advancement, and the hard working women who busted their butts to be totally professional and the best in their jobs usually ended up with the butt-busting professionals getting out of the military, with the easy "get into bed" persons getting ahead in their military careers.  As a male, I hated it when I was in the military, and I hate it now. That's probably why I loved the arc with the "get a job oriented girl" as much as I did.  

I've seen a lot of posts hating the MC for being so indecisive.  I'm a retired military guy who can really put mayhem (literally) on a person's body.  Haruto isn't that kind of person, yet he is willing to go and rescue a girl who is being blackmailed into a"favorable position."  We've seen him getting his face spit in.  Did we ever see him watching a girl smacked around?  He'd rather die than stand around (or run away) for that.  He's a damned good guy, and his indeciveness is more of a regular type guy having to come to a decent decision, rather than a person dithering forever about a decision.  

Stop judging him as a demi-god stud-muffin and start looking at him as a straight-forward kind of ordinary guy who thinks before he acts , and he looks  pretty damned good as a shoujo/slice of life mc.

Edited by Comadrin, 15 December 2013 - 06:39 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Rin kinda sounded jealous there in my opinion. :) Though I'm also guessing she said that as a "push" in making Yuzuki visit Haruto given that she's really supporting their relationship in a discreet way like before. She was always the catalyst for most of the big turning points in their relationship.

Pretty cute when Yuzuki was sleep-talking like she's a mother already. Just don't tell me it's a sign that she's  gonna get knocked-up pretty soon, lol.

And... Yamasaki again... She's got a thing for Haruto's "thing"!!

Haha! I think you're giving Rin too much credit...........or maybe it's more like not enough credit. I've thought for a while now all her supposed "support" for Haruto/Yuzuki was really all part of her "master plan" to get them together, expect them to most likely implode, and then swoop in and grab up Haruto for herself.  XD

Tn7HA0h.png

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

Either she wants to swoop in at the end an steal Haruto or she wants him to be her brother and law...and mistress. :-)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Either she wants to swoop in at the end an steal Haruto or she wants him to be her brother and law...and mistress. :-)

haha! yeah, that'd probably fit too, I hadn't thought of that scenario but yeah, Rin would probably think that was just fine.......all the benefits and none of the messy drawbacks  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Rin's case:

1. Haruto and Yuzuki marries = Chance! (e.g. brother in-law with a chance to be his mistress)

2. Haruto and Yuzuki part = Chance! (e.g. she can easily move in to "comfort" Haruto)

3. Haruto cheats = Chance! (e.g. blackmails him in return for keeping shut if she finds out which I think she will most likely)

4. Yuzuki cheats = Chance! (e.g. blackmails her sister into "sharing" Haruto in return for her silence)

Rin wins all scenarios... :)

I can imagine Rin saying "just as planned" anytime.

Edited by anfunatohi, 17 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Ah man, what sort of development are we heading towards here?  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Dunno, but we definitely have some trouble a'brewin' here.  It's a weird thing, but married guys and guys in serious relationships seem to be a lot more attractive as casual sex partners than single guys.  When I was engaged and then got married, I had way more girls come on to me than when I was single and available.  I never quite figured it out.

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Okay... Haruto getting into this kind of situation isn't new. Though Akari was a close friend, this time it's a co-worker. Either this is gonna end up nasty or another comic misunderstanding... By the gist of it, Adachi's boyfriend may have cheated on her or worse..

puzzledwire

puzzledwire

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I am no longer surprised.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hah! Good ol' Haruto, he's even indecisive  in fantasies.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

I had the funny feeling there was gonna be at least some hilarious/funny moments on Asuka's what-if scenario. And I guess there was really something like it. :)

So Shiho's turn is showing up for Christmas, eh? Kinda happy since she's one of my favorite characters.

Though it would be kinda cliche at the same time amusing if they'd pull off a "naked apron" routine while in the kitchen...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh, Shiho's next, eh? Yeah that ought to be good, she really was a good character.

Tn7HA0h.png

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

Oh, Shiho's next, eh? Yeah that ought to be good, she really was a good character.

Yeah. Somewhat more of a marketing strategy though when it's stated that her story would be released on December 25th.

And she is one of the few characters whom Haruto can relate much through cooking.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah. Somewhat more of a marketing strategy though when it's stated that her story would be released on December 25th.

And she is one of the few characters whom Haruto can relate much through cooking.

I liked her portrayal as a smart, successful,  no-nonsense type type female character also. When I think about it "overall" she's probably the "best" female character in the story. Not that her character was overly explored, but the vast amount of other female characters have had noticeable flaws built into them by the author............though Akari was probably the best of the bunch in that respect.  

Tn7HA0h.png

anfunatohi

anfunatohi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts

I liked her portrayal as a smart, successful,  no-nonsense type type female character also. When I think about it "overall" she's probably the "best" female character in the story. Not that her character was overly explored, but the vast amount of other female characters have had noticeable flaws built into them by the author............though Akari was probably the best of the bunch in that respect.  

True. Compatibility-wise with Haruto, both Shiho and Akari rank high. A serious, older girl with a good grasp of Haruto's field of interest with a dominant personality that has a touch of kindess and a childhood friend who basically knows almost if not all of his traits, mannerisms and attitude not to mention being the one girl whom he spent the most time with in his life(although they're with Takashi for the most part).

As for the flaws(only some though), Shiho's domineering and aggressiveness may get the better of someone not used to it while compounded by a peculiar phobia. And Akari in my own opinion could have bagged Haruto if it wasn't for her hesitation in engaging a relationship with him out of fearing that it may destroy their friendship. After Shiho's what-if scenario however, I'm guessing it's Akari's turn. Now I'm wondering how would that play out even if it's just an alternate scenario oriented on a "what-if-they-paired-up-and-get-it-on?" outcome.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

As for the flaws(only some though), Shiho's domineering and aggressiveness may get the better of someone not used to it while compounded by a peculiar phobia. And Akari in my own opinion could have bagged Haruto if it wasn't for her hesitation in engaging a relationship with him out of fearing that it may destroy their friendship. After Shiho's what-if scenario however, I'm guessing it's Akari's turn. Now I'm wondering how would that play out even if it's just an alternate scenario oriented on a "what-if-they-paired-up-and-get-it-on?" outcome.

True, I suppose judging "flaws" is pretty subjective work. :)

And I guess I just missed it last week, but the new tank volume is out........frankly I'm really surprised by the sales numbers, "only" 78k in two full weeks. I guess I'm thinking comparably to past sales, but that seems really low to me. Not that I looked it up to see (since I'm lazy above all) but I've got to say, this is exactly what I remember seeing with Good Ending..........a story that had been running for a while and that seemed to be having less and less support (tank sales). I might be wrong but I really seem to remember seeing KNIM tank sales in the hundred (s) of thousands in the past, just like GE at its peak.  

Edited by svines85, 29 November 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

veraya

veraya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDepths of Hell

yuzuki has a worm? it will go out in 9 months time ? :XD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

oh yeah, could be, I never thought of the pregnancy angle, could be just what it is I suppose. 'course it could just be exhaustion too. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Reading this chapter, I thought of the pregnancy scenario too.  It may be that, or it may be that she has worn herself out keeping their long distance romance fresh.  Whichever it is, we have to see Haruto making a pretty heavy decision about their lives (her making a decision, as well; I'm not saying it is totally his decision).  As a Yuzuki fan from way back, I'm really pleased by her actions for the last several arcs.  She's grown up a great deal, and made her decisions in a pretty "heart smart" way, and been royally supportive of Haruto.  

I just hope it isn't something more serious, health-wise, as that would totally suck.