Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Theories dump thread!

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

Another crazy theory of mine:

There is a theory that Asha is half-God because of her parents, but:

What if Asha actually wanted to have high holy affinity and magical abilities despite having single attributes, because she wanted to impress her mother and that's why she made a deal with God Kubera in the first place? (Also, we don't know yet whether that flashback about kids taunting Asha because of her talent is from Carte or Willarv)

But she didn't know that, her mother would be killed as well when she bet everything and that's why she is so angry at Gods because they tricked her.

Edited by Marim, 01 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Talked about this in the general discussions thread, dumping it here for tracking:
  • Teo's memory loss was caused by Gandharva's Frozen Tears. He did this to make things easier on her if she gets revived. It's unclear how he would have avoided the rewinding from Hoti Visnu, but there are a number of possibilities (it could be special, or the ability was placed in a way to trigger After she was revived). Why I think this: the whole arc was named after this ability, and Currygom usually never bothers to explain a transcendental. I don't buy the argument that the only point of it was to point out that Gandharva had gone senile so started using useless abilities against Agni. I mean c'mon.
  • Ran already figured out that Leez is the daughter of Rao Leez, and that Asha knows Rao from Carte. He hasn't figured out, however, why Asha would treat Rao's daughter so badly, but that's no reason for him to stand back and watch.
  • We'll soon be learning what happened with Rao Leez before he went to Carte through the fighter guild in Kalibloom (way too many people know him). Ran may pitch in for some parts. I think the truth about Asha and Rao on Carte won't be revealed as quickly though...
  • Leez already figured out God Kubera's identity... no wait, I already theorized this.
  • Leez realized that Yuta is a Chaos Sura (not just any Sura), but doesn't really know what to think about this yet (I mean, how would she have interpreted the scene in the Water Channels then?)

Edited by Mizura, 04 May 2014 - 04:58 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Heck Does Leez even know what a Chaos clan is? I remember Asha only told Ran about it. And Riche knows about it. The gods and nastikas know about it. And Mr. Kasak as well. Leez??????

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Asha explained about the 'clan of Chaos' when they were all together on a little rubber boat (ch. 91). I'm pretty sure Leez heard about the explanation. Since then, Leez has:
- Had a look at the list of Sura clans (all except the Chaos clan, no doubt)
- And she knows now that Yuta can nullify magic, which Asha specifically attributed to that clan
- It'd also explain why the 'monster' was after Yuta in the first place: because they're from the same clan.

Basically, she should be able to tell by now that Yuta doesn't just belong to some clan she's never heard of. All signs point to the Chaos clan. She probably can't judge the significance of the fact, though. Unlike Ran, she doesn't know the connection to Kali, and even if she did, how is she supposed to interpret this anyway?

Oh and, theory on Yuta's eyes:

• Yuta has inborn nullification against offensive spells and transcendentals, a lot like Teo's silent magic and the barrier of Chaos. He doesn't need to activate his eyes for this. This is why the spell that first targetted that Half way back had stopped mid-way, and why Maruna's attack didn't leave a scratch on him. He may not realize this completely, since he activates his eyes against opponents anyway, that or he was playing dumb after Maruna's attack.
  • With his eyes activated, Yuta nullifies all spells and transcendentals, offensive or not, within a certain radius. That's why the buffs of all the fighters looking for Teo disappeared (I'm pretty sure Yuta wasn't looking at them).
  • Not sure, but I think that his eyes can even nullify Primeval God magic, but only if he's looking directly at it. Agwen's Hoti Brahma failed against him, but when Asha used Hoti Visnu, his eyes were covered by the Hide of Bondage. That's why he could nullify all the cameras and traps but not the Hoti Visnu.

And on Ran: the transcendental he can use is actually Hanuman's unique transcendental.

Edited by Mizura, 05 May 2014 - 03:00 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Pontifex

Pontifex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

1) Vishnu has gone insane due to surviving all those Universes

Thats it really

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
God and Sura's regen is something that is actually time-rewind of sort. Because that explains why parts that are cut off melt away.

popabogdan

popabogdan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationBucharest,Romania

Visnu said that everytime Asha would use his power, her existance will fade away bit by bit.

I think the reason why Asha is hiding her hand is because it doesn't exist anymore as result of her using Visnu's power.

Also I think the one that actually tried to strangle Brilith is God Kubera. In a chapter it is shown that God Kubera gone into hiding when he seen God Agni. Moreover God Agni came to protect Kalibloom from the attack which means that he will also come to protect other cities, which will create inconveniences for God Kubera, thus he decided make his stay in Atera. Beside the guards said that they didn't see anyone entering the temple, but all the fires inside the temple were put off, so it's less probable that a non god existence was the one that threatened Brilith.

Edited by popabogdan, 15 May 2014 - 08:48 AM.

QueenOfRandomness

QueenOfRandomness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationWonderland

• Ran already figured out that Leez is the daughter of Rao Leez, and that Asha knows Rao from Carte. He hasn't figured out, however, why Asha would treat Rao's daughter so badly, but that's no reason for him to stand back and watch.

I agree with this. 

Also, I wonder how close Leez is related to his aunt. Considering that the wives in this story seem to keep their maiden names, but the children inherit their father's surname, I'm going to guess that Anna is possibly her niece. (That might explain how Ran knew Rao, too. Or maybe he just met him through tournaments, since they were both fighters.)

Also, he seemed pretty sure that his aunt and uncle would take her in. No, 'I'll see if they're cool with adopting a teenage girl I met just a few weeks/months ago' or 'I'm going to ask if they would'. I know he'd 'financially support her', but still...that's a lot to ask at the drop of hat.

Anyways, onto my own theory:

Leez  died and was resurrected. 

From what Ran said, it seems like people knew that that Rao was going to have a kid, but the way he phrases it leads me to believe that everyone thinks that the child died. So either both Leez and her mother went missing and were thought to be dead, or they actually DID die and one or both were revived. 

It's highly possible with Visnu messing with everything  <_<

Edited by QueenOfRandomness, 20 May 2014 - 03:08 AM.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Given Visnu's actions in The Finite, I'm pretty sure nothing can reverse death/the crossing off of a name, even time.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Theories:

1) Asha's and Leez's shirts are made by the same person.

2) Asha is the daughter of Yama. Claude was supposed to be born on January 1st as a stillborn triple null, but Yama changed his birth date to December 36th; in return, Claude must protect Asha for his (or her) entire life.

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 22 May 2014 - 05:40 AM.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Yet another stupid theory:

Ananta carries the name of the strongest being in the universe. When Ananta died, the power of the name died with him ->> There can't be another name that carries the power of the strongest being in the universe->>Kubera is in danger because after Ananta died, his name became one with the strongest power->>Years later, the power of his name is scattered among several human beings so that it can't belong to a strongest being->>If left alone, his own existence will be in danger because once the power of his name dissipates, he disappears with it, OR, because his power is scattered, he becomes weak and has no place among the gods->>He has to kill all those who bears the name Kubera to take back all his power->>One of those killed by him was Asha's family->>Asha is determined for Leez to take all Kubera's power of the name so she can have her revenge->>I don't know what will happen to Leez who will becomes the one with the name of the strongest being->>My stupid theory end here.

Edited by smtmissin, 26 May 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Nastikas are simply more powerful then Astikas, so kibera name being strongest just bevause no.1 Nastika died while there are plenty if Nastikas kicking alive seems a bit far fetched.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

You never know. Sagara used to say that if Ananta died, it would be a a loss to all sura clans. That probably meant that once Ananta died, one of the gods will have stronger power than the rest of the nastikas. That's why the god tried to kill Ananta, didn't they?

Well it's all my assumption/theory.

Edited by smtmissin, 26 May 2014 - 08:47 PM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Leez spring Dress is a gift from Yuta . :batoto_015:  :rolleyes: MWSnap29200.jpg

As in a larger version of his scarf ( LOL )

Edited by battradio, 26 May 2014 - 11:42 PM.

Lyn

Lyn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Just a random theory -  what if that white dress Leez wears in the season 2 preview is her wedding dress?

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

I'm curious why so many people think Asha is part God. Can someone explain it to me? I'm about to start re-reading the whole series and I want to know what to look out for.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I'm curious why so many people think Asha is part God. Can someone explain it to me? I'm about to start re-reading the whole series and I want to know what to look out for.

There is no outright hint, but over 9000 divinity and such seem very suspcious to be random chance.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

That and she was way too good at magic even at a young age (taking the magic exam on Carte when she was 10).

And her origins are unknown. And she has way too much heretical information at her disposal.

How did she know so much? If she came from a big shot family, shouldn't she be well-known?

Some of us also suspect that her mother is the one Agni was looking for, cut off head and all, but that's just speculations.

Anyway, this and the divine affinity thing leads us to believe that Asha is either the child of a God, or raised by one. It could be wrong though.

3492bk6.jpg

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

Ah, ok. I always thought her insane Divine Affinity was part of her deal with Visnu. Which I guess gives me reason to post my own theory:

Asha does have a right arm. However she keeps it hidden because, in some way (tattoos or something), it bears the evidence of her contract with Visnu. Since she doesn't have an Asvins/Visnu attribute, her connection to him was too weak for her to even use Hoti Visnu without him being in the Universe (which could be related to the Red Lady calling her the "most useless pawn"). So he physically imbedded a small piece of his magic within her arm, hence why overusing it will destroy her. A consequence of having a piece of Visnu's magic (or maybe even his name) in her was an extremely high Divine Affinity.

Edited by Blunt, 27 May 2014 - 04:51 AM.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Yet another theory. Bhavati Brahma can be used to create humans (or beings that look like humans). Brilith was one of them. That's why god Agni can't see her future, because she is not a human-being per se. Yama claimed he knew why (why Agni couldn't see her future), probably because he is close to Brahma.

Probably dumb question, but when Asha first met Yuta, she saw his black blood. Then she must have known he is from Chaos clan. Even if she mistook him for an Upani, why did she think she could beat him. He is Chaos for cry out loud, he can block all her attempts at magic!

Edited by smtmissin, 27 May 2014 - 05:03 AM.