Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Theories dump thread!

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

microlm

microlm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 355 posts

Indra wears that blindfold thing over his eyes right? And insight works by looking into a god's eyes? So maybe he trying to limit his Insight for whatever reason...?

Then again, Yuta seemed to be able tot pick up the thoughts of humans even without looking into their eyes. And Agni was able to read Leez even when she wasn't looking at him, but was unable to use insight on those who had their eyes closed. So how does insight work exaclty?

Edited by microlm, 24 April 2016 - 12:40 AM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

It's not looking into their eyes, but them looking into targets' eyes.

Can't decide

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts

Indra wears that blindfold thing over his eyes right? And insight works by looking into a god's eyes? So maybe he trying to limit his Insight for whatever reason...?

Then again, Yuta seemed to be able tot pick up the thoughts of humans even without looking into their eyes. And Agni was able to read Leez even when she wasn't looking at him, but was unable to use insight on those who had their eyes closed. So how does insight work exaclty?

Insight works when the god looks into the creature's eyes, and since Yuta's field of vision spans a great area, he can see their eyes and read the I thoughts even when not directly looking at them.

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
Yuta's insight seems to be special, since he uses it unintentionally and without looking into someone's eyes (like the hidden Ananta sura). That and he never sees the future or past like most gods' insights, he only reads others' thoughts.

Grotesque

Grotesque

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationNot here.

Yuta's insight seems to be special, since he uses it unintentionally and without looking into someone's eyes (like the hidden Ananta sura). That and he never sees the future or past like most gods' insights, he only reads others' thoughts.

Hasnt he seen Leez's future though?

tumblr_oqgy0s38HR1vmzl9wo1_400.png

rojo

rojo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,395 posts
When? I don't recall him ever seeing the 'visions' like the gods do, only reading others' thoughts.

Nualie

Nualie

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,057 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I can daydream in peace, hopefully.

When? I don't recall him ever seeing the 'visions' like the gods do, only reading others' thoughts.

I think he saw an adult Leez at one point, but I could be wrong. 

Some stuff I made: All's here!

My profile on fanfiction.net is here.

Check Kubera out if you don't know it!

Because it's fun to see Leez dying inside and outside all over the place it's a story of romance, psychology and humor. And horror. A little. 

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

It wasn't "clearly drawn", but he had a vision of the future Leez surely... e.g. When she practiced Bhavati Kubera...

Can't decide

Boggyb

Boggyb

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 891 posts

His hunger/feelings towards Leez show that he has some ability to see into the future or there is no way he'd know that her future is stronger than his present.

Miiami

Miiami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLithuania

His mother told him about her stronger future, he didn't know what he felt, it was his instincts. 

71u4wl.jpg

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

It wasn't "clearly drawn", but he had a vision of the future Leez surely... e.g. When she practiced Bhavati Kubera...

That's right~

Included were also what were possibly thoughts/spoken words of future Leez. "To be honest, it's so painful and frightening... but you were there for me... You didn't leave me. I like you[Yuta]." ep 2-110

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

AmrodAegnor

AmrodAegnor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but after rereading I've been wondering about Visnu. I've started to think, there's two different Visnu's around in the story.

- The one from before N0, who was with Kalavinka and told Rao that his daughter would be the happiest person, if he named her Kubera.

- The one we see in N5, talking to and manipulating Asha.

Now, the thing is, in the Asha chapters, we see him talking about someone that understood him well and died and we see him touching Asha and inflicting a memory on her, with her crying and seemingly feeling despair and pain. That might have been the moment Visnu knew that person died and his feelings towards it.

Now, where that becomes important is, the "past" Visnu (as her refers to himself) in N5 might be a version of himself that's full of grief and bitterness and wants revenge on whomever killed that person or maybe he has just become nihilistic, which is why he went to Asha.

While the "present" Visnu might actually have been rooting for Leez instead, because this version of himself got over his grief and went back to wanting to preserve the universe as long as possible above all else.

I basically just registered to share this theory and since I'll probably want to discuss Season 3 somewhere.

Your thoughts?

RandomTurtle

RandomTurtle

Potato

• Members
  • 177 posts

Two different Visnus, huh? Never even thought of that, it would be quite a twist! However, it is far more likely that a single minded Visnu manipulated Rao too. Like he did with Asha, Sagara and Gandharva.

We already know that what Visnu revealed to Asha in N5 was Ananta's death. Ananta was a swell guy for sure, but I do not believe that Visnu had intimate feelings towards him. We do know though that Visnu is obsessed with guiding the universe towards the best possible future. And, according to Visnu himself, the very best future was the one which Ananta survived. So ultimately Visnu could be trying to create a new Ananta. And I can't think of a more suitable candidate than Leez.

Warning! Finite spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts
Your thoughts?

That's a romantic theory!

But Visnu did mention that someone else has chosen Leez as the candidate. So unless the past Visnu believed that his future/current Visnu isn't him either, the theory of two Visnu's going against each other might not hold up.

And would Visnu treasure Ananta that much to go for revenge, especially to a primeval god who remembers all the past universes and all the past Ananta's? It might just be a game to Visnu, and for him to see how many eon years he's able to preserve this universe this time.

I've wondered, though, since Visnu loves to manipulate time to create the best outcome for the universe, why he never went back far in time before the events leading up to the dead of Ananta to avoid the death of Ananta. But if that happens, I guess there wouldn't be a story called Kubera for us to read. 

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Stagehand

Stagehand

Potato

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • LocationWherever a moocher may mooch

Something that came to me recently when looking at Visnu and Asha was just how they've hijacked what should have been Leez's hero's journey. On top of stealing power, Asha also affected the tone of Leez's story by getting rid of Rao. With Rao, Leez would have likely had a loving father figure of renown who would have helped set her up as a strong and ideal hero connected to many potential supporting figures (as is standard procedure with many a hero's journey). However, given the presence of a god with a limited ability to see possibilities and Asha's continued interference, one might make further theories about how Leez's story was impacted.

Knowing Visnu, chances are that we've been looking at how Visnu affects things from too limited a perspective. Which leads me to the matter of Leez's mentor. In a standard, happier story, Leez might have not only had Rao, who was capable of using transcendentals despite being a pure blood, but also someone like Teo, who knew Rao. This type of supportive training system would have done wonders in crafting an ideal hero for the humans. Given God Kubera's comments, in Teo, Leez would have had a teacher on the same wavelength. However, Visnu likely changed all that.

We like to make theories about how Visnu manipulated the members of the main cast in various ways, but what if we flipped the chessboard around? Sure, we can expect that Visnu foresaw Gandharva being affected by Teo after being softened up by Menaka and Shakuntala (on top of being weakened because of Visnu's manipulation), but what if we were wrong to see things from only this angle? What if, rather than focusing solely on how Gandharva was affected by Teo, we also had to take into account how Teo would in turn be affected by Gandharva? Because of Gandharva, Teo's focus was on him rather than other matters which might have led her to Leez. When Leez did catch her attention after the Test of the Sword, it was Elwin's kidnapping that distracted her, which only occurred due to a chain reaction of events following Sagara's questioning of what was taking Gandharva so long to act. Furthermore, on a previous occasion during which Teo was on the verge of meeting Leez directly (during the latter's conversation with Gandharva), remember who distracted her before she could act? Asha, the pawn of Visnu in the struggle over the Power of the Name.

Meanwhile, Leez went on to realize just what role Kubera and Asha had played in her misery, making it less likely that she would seek out as a tutor someone the former had recommended and the latter had taken the time to resurrect. Furthermore, instead of a respected and positive role model/teacher, Teo's reputation not only took a beating with recent incidents, but chances are this may have in turn likely impacted her character, to say nothing of Hoti Visnu's potential impacts direct and indirect.

Curiously enough, given that Kubera implied that Teo and Leez were similar, it could be that as with Teo (who was implied to have sharpened her fighting skills during the Cataclysm), Leez may have in turn trained not within a supporting instructive environment, but in one where all sorts of beings were trying to kill her, while the two beings likely to offer advice of transcendentals and how to use the Sword (Kasak and Yuta) weren't exactly ideal teachers for various reasons.

I wonder then how else the standard hero's journey was affected by Visnu.

Edit: Alternately, I'm way off about some things, and it turns out that flashbacks show Teo giving Leez some pointers on transcendentals, explaining how Leez was able to use transcendentals involving the Sword of Re by the time she got to Aeroplateau.

Edited by Stagehand, 03 May 2017 - 06:09 AM.

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts
I was wondering if Leez' village​ was an illusion after all as other used said in another thread, then what if Leez' mom and other acquaintances died somehow so Ananta who might exist in Leez created artifical village to spare her trauma? I mean if Sagara and Samphati could summon dead Nastikas images, then why not Ananta could do something similar?

Blunt

Blunt

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts

I don't know if someone already said this, but I think Teo's sword is imbued with the Shorten Distance transcendental or something similar to it. Both Gandharva and Sagara mentioned that they could not track her sword's movements, so I'm guessing the sword essentially closes the distance between its tip and the target automatically, like how Leez and Kubera take steps without occupying the space in between. I'd assume it would either be a Kubera or Vayu item then.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

We should dump all the crazy theories on Airi and Claude's birthday discrepancy here. Mine was that she was created after the fact by Claude giving his dead sister some of his lifespan, and they covered it up.

Selenianece

Selenianece

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 707 posts

Consider: We know that Teo has the same markings around her face as Akasha does. We also know that Samphati must have needed a human so she could use the Eye of Punishment and progress into 5th stage.

My theory is that Samphati had a human lover, produced a child, and that child was one of Teo's ancestors. Basically, Sammy is Teo's grandma.

Edited by Selenianece, 17 December 2017 - 03:36 PM.