Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever...

• Please log in to reply
3002 replies to this topic

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

nothing life or death 

have you ever tried to master something only to give up a couple of days later

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nah I wouldn’t try in the first place. Also I hate losing and that kind of thing would make me look like a loser D:

Have you ever slept through the day?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
No, never the entire day. Though I did come pretty close that one morning that I arrived in Japan at around 6:00 AM after a 9-hour red-eye flight, took public transport through most of Tokyo, over to ICU, checked into my dorm, got to my room, sat down on the bed for a second—

And then the next think I knew I was still on the bed (I'm not sure it even had covers on yet) except now it was about 3 in the afternoon.

Have you ever been in a propeller plane?

Edited by pokari, 11 May 2018 - 03:32 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nope.

Have you ever had a slip of the tongue and the resulting words were not entirely incorrect for the situation?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

Yes, many times. My neuroticism acts up and i will say lots of things that I end up regretting including once when i just recited japanese at PE class. :)

Have you ever been so angry that you just acted irrationally 

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I let the anger build up for a long time...the volcano blows a couple of times in a year *sigh*

Have you ever punched something in frustration and embarrassingly hurt yourself?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i have thumped my fist on the table a couple of times but not to the extent that I've hurt myself

have you tried analyze yourself so you force yourself not to repeat what you think was a mistake 

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No where’s my time to reflect and analyze? I know it has to be done, but when? There hasn’t been time yet. Also, I tend to rethink lots of things and everything can end up feeling like a mistake :(

Have you ever felt that someone truly understood your feelings?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Also, I tend to rethink lots of things and everything can end up feeling like a mistake :(

I empathize with this so much ._.

Have you ever felt that someone truly understood your feelings?

Yes, plenty of times. (*small double-take as I try to work out whether the above counts*)

For a frequent example, there's a definite feeling of that with some strange traits and tendencies me and my sisters share...

However, I don't know if I've ever particularly experienced, say, someone understanding my feelings when I didn't expect them to / expected them not to.

And I've definitely experienced the frustration of being unable to get people to understand my feelings, too.

Have you ever been incredibly nervous about making a phone call, even something as innocuous as making an appointment, just because you're worried you're going to mess up / sound awkward? Taking such feelings unreasonably far is something I share with one of my siblings, is why it came to mind.

Edited by pokari, 12 May 2018 - 05:51 AM.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Yes. It is to happen to me just as often as it did to my sister. Nowadays I feel less awkward about it though. Maybe because I've sort of grown more used to talking to unknown people (another indication that I'm no longer young?) In the past I used to even make up outrageous excuses to avoid potential embarrassments resulting from making phone calls.

Have you ever repaired your bicycle on your own?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nah it’s just sitting around rusting.

Have you ever been carsick?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
ofc its hereditary

feeling are hard to understand, and there are only like six basic modes, although they can be mixed, so hatred plus fear become jealousy

im not sure if it helps but if you focus on the other party and not youtself it might help.

have you ever felt overwhelmed by complexity of life

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Sometimes, things start getting muddly in my head. Usually a sign that I’m overthinking.

Have you ever played on easy mode?

AnimeManga272b

AnimeManga272b

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNot far from home...
Yeah, plenty of times!

Have you ever played old-school games from the 80's?

Edited by AnimeManga272b, 14 May 2018 - 04:33 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Mostly Mario stuff.

Have you ever had a lengthy and pleasant conversation with a complete stranger?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

saw someone browsing tv tropes on the train, which is hella rare in this country. Asked him about it and we had a nice little chat about it till I had to get off.

Have you ever made a promise you never had any bit intention of keeping from the very start?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, when people ask for help during exam time. The rest of the time I’m a Good Kid. Also that story is nice~

Have you ever stopped and stared at nature surrounding you?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yup. It's nice. Listening is good, too.

And stopping and smelling. Especially nice if in the redwoods... (Context note for those not in or around California: Big trees. Very big, very tall trees. Very tall trees.)

Have you ever stayed at the edge of a pool/lake/ocean with just your feet in the water?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, just in a bucket :(

Have you ever seen a cloud shaped like an animal?

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Yes, I remember having that feeling multiple times, though I can't recall one specific instance right now.

Have you ever solved a Rubik's cube?