Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever...

• Please log in to reply
3002 replies to this topic

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
I...I-If you mean to ask whether I've tried it on willingly and on my own, the answer is no.

Have you ever mistakenly looked at an answer in someone's exam paper and decided not to attempt the question because of that?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I usually look and derive pleasure from their mistakes.

Have you ever let someone cheat off your answers in an exam?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Nope, I've never been presented with the opportunity, either. I don't think I would want to get along with someone who wanted to use me to cheat, so I don't think I would let them (If it was someone I already got along with it would be very troubling.)

Have you ever been slightly troubled by the ethics of a fondly remembered childhood activity? (At the moment I'm thinking of catching fireflies and putting them in jars, or catching lizards... That sort of thing)

Edited by pokari, 16 March 2018 - 06:17 PM.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
I'm sure there's more, but the first one I can think of off the top of my head is setting off firecrackers on Diwali.

Have you ever lent someone your shoulder to cry on?

Edited by sjoe, 17 March 2018 - 04:01 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

No, people don't approach me with their troubles anyway.

Have you ever slid down a slippery slope?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes, be it literally or figuratively. Luckily I've come out okay so far, I think.

Have you ever looked at a child causing lots of trouble and thought nostalgically, "ah, that used to be me"?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hmm, I have. There were a bunch of kids playing with a ball and that was really nice. But, more frequently, I have looked at children causing trouble and thought nostalgically, "ah, I didn't know as many bad words at his age. Also, this guy is not scared of bearded adults at all, how is that possible."

Have you ever had a midnight snack?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Of course. Actually this past year they've been sort of mandatory (my ailing stomach, whatever is wrong with it, frequently starts to hurt in the middle of the night and can only be appeased with food), but I enjoyed them from time to time before that too.

Have you ever driven a bus or other oversized vehicle? (I haven't, myself)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

No, but a 'friendly' person allowed me to almost drive one when I was a little kid.

Have you ever thought "Heh, I'm really good at this..."?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes, and I've learned to treat it as a warning sign that I'm maybe actually not owo

Have you ever in one of these (or similar) posts sat there and tried to remember whether you've already asked the question you're about to ask, before?

Edited by pokari, 20 March 2018 - 07:13 AM.

sjoe

sjoe

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock.
Yes I have; in the Would You Rather and Into It threads. But probably not in any of the others.

Have you ever had tears in your eyes while reading a manga?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, when I was reading this. I don't remember if there was actually something worth crying about, but I started reading at 12 AM and finished by 2 so maybe it was just my eyes begging me to go to sleep. Edit: Also during onani master Kurosawa. I remember reading it but not really getting it, without wanting to read it again. I just felt so bad for the guy. I’m glad he ended up okay.

Have you ever squished a scary (to you) bug?

Edited by penrosecat, 20 March 2018 - 04:11 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
As for myself, I cry when reading manga all the time. But I'm a big crybaby.

If you count spiders, then definitely yes. I'm pretty genuinely terrified of black widows (which are pretty much the only "dangerous" bug where I live unless you have bee-sting allergies or some such). The feeling is mutual so we don't run into each other much, luckily, but...

Have you ever made ice cream?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nope D’:

Have you ever played so much your muscles started hurting and you couldn’t do anything for the rest of the day?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yup, more or less. Only very rarely have I wrought them such that I felt I couldn't do anything for an extended period, but I definitely remember the sensation.

Have you ever inhaled helium and used it to speak in a funny voice? (This is still on my to-do list.)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I haven’t. You can use sulfur hexafluoride gas for the opposite effect, a really deep voice.

Have you ever made up a word?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
(Sulfur hexafluoride sounds a lot scarier than helium XD (helium is nice because basically nothing short of some florene stuff and such(?) is ever going to be able to react with it, so it seems very safe))

Yes, both intentionally and accidentally, but none of them were especially memorable or likely to catch on.

Have you ever flown a kite?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I hear the kite strings can get painfully tangled up.

Have you ever thought about your distant future self?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, mainly hoping that I’m one of those handsome old men.

Have you ever entered into a room just to forget what you went in for?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, every day.

Have you ever snatched victory from the jaws of defeat?