Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever...

• Please log in to reply
3002 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Of course. I think everyone has those days. Intellectually of course I know it's just the manifestation of grouping of random (bad) events, but it still really feels like it's personal sometimes.

Have you ever wondered why airplane windows have so many layers and what they all do?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

I have looked, but never wondered. I guess I just like the clouds more than thinking. (I think it has something to do with maintaining the pressure inside.)

Have you ever had so much work to do that you ended up doing nothing?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

story of my life

hye wanted something you can't have so much it made you cry (as an adult, since that's default children behavior)?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

If you count 'a test where I don't make mistakes', 'high ranks' and 'assurance of a nice future where people are sensible', then sure I've cried.

Have you ever had an original idea which you weren't too fond of but everyone else seemed to adore?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

It sounds very familiar so I must have, but not for anything important or presumably I'd remember more of the details.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you just left your stuff behind, and on a whim set walking out the front door on an adventure to god-knows-where?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, I would catch a cold and cry and come back. Not really one for adventures, I’d much rather snuggle up and sleep.

Have you ever wondered why every book is a bestseller these days?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
No. Yes? I believe I understand the dynamics; it's the same as why most albums you've ever heard, are on some bestseller chart. There are a lot of "lists" to be a "bestseller" on (e.g. [Region]'s young-author sci-fi top 100 bestsellers list! ...sort of thing). And by now publishers know that "bestseller" is one of the most valuable words you can put on the cover in terms of influencing purchase decisions, so if there's any excuse for them to do so they will. And book-stores, libraries, and bookshelves tend to carry reasonably-well-selling books, so...

Have you ever been so tired that you couldn't sleep?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yesterday, it was absolutely the worst day ever. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Seriously life-changing stuff. I’m much better now. My eyes were split open throughout the night.

Have you ever purchased a book you ended up never reading? (today’s theme isn’t really books, somehow these are springing to mind)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Yes, of course. Though I purchase relatively few books because my house is (thanks to my parents (who I live with)) basically a library of things to my taste already...

Have you ever been really bemused by how many people in a group can't sing well?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I have, but it soon turns into irritation because they won’t stop :/ My best friend is a REALLY good singer though (although the opportunity to display this talent doesn’t really come up all that much) and pretty much one of the few people whose singing I would sit down and listen to.

Have you ever wanted to become an inanimate object?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I have wanted to take on the form of an inanimate object before, but never to lose consciousness, so I suppose the question is, are you still inanimate if you are magically sentient and aware?

Have you ever been on a sailboat or other wind-powered vehicle?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I have, being so close to the water was exciting. Though running your fingers through the water gets boring after a while.

Have you ever solved someone else’s problem?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Sure, isn't that just part of life?

Have you ever sat there daydreaming for waaaay longer than you intended to, only to realize hours have passed while you weren't paying attention?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I don’t daydream much so I don’t remember. Maybe when I was really young and caught colds all the time.

Have you ever felt that you were being deceived?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Of course. I'm not so gullible that I never catch on. Only most of the time am I completely oblivious. :'D

Have you ever fallen in love? (Maybe an odd question to ask at our ages, but)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Sure, why not. But I’ve never acted out or expressed my feelings, which I felt were immature at the time. (They were, lol) More recently, nothing at all ):

Have you ever given yourself a day off? (Because of tiredness and stuff)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I'm not sure whether to be sorry about, or envious of, your lack of recent love-falling, the romanticist and the cynic in me are at war on the matter. You have my heartfelt sympathies, though, whether or not they're misplaced.

There have actually been times (since I started working part time) that I've mailed into work to basically say, "I'm so tired that if I came into work, both you and I would regret the results," and they've been like, "Okay, see you tomorrow / whenever." Though I'm pretty sure this arrangement is not normal, even though programmer's schedules tend to be a lot laxer than a lot of professions...

Have you ever tried to climb to the roof of a building just because you wanted to go up there?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I’ve tried, but the entrance was blocked by construction stuff.

Have you ever believed in a superstition?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Depends, does it count if it wasn't one of the traditional ones, but something born from my own fevered imagination instead?

Have you ever wondered whether goats or sheep are smarter?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

No, because sheep are obviously smarter. There was never a need to think. Just like the goats, really.

Have you ever tried on lipstick?