Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who is mysterious controller of Leez? (Possible spoilers)

Kubera Leez

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is Leez's mysterious controler? (188 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the 'being' that is controling Leez since Frozern Tears (13)?

1. God Kubera (42 votes [22.34%])

Percentage of vote: 22.34%

2. Rao Leez (14 votes [7.45%])

Percentage of vote: 7.45%

3. Ananta (62 votes [32.98%])

Percentage of vote: 32.98%

4. Future/Other Leez (17 votes [9.04%])

Percentage of vote: 9.04%

5. Kali (21 votes [11.17%])

Percentage of vote: 11.17%

6. Visnu (6 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

7. Someone else? (If more then three, the person will be added) (18 votes [9.57%])

Percentage of vote: 9.57%

8. Vayu (2 votes [1.06%])

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

9. Anna Haias (6 votes [3.19%])

Percentage of vote: 3.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

It's her mom, Anna Haias.  I think her description of herself is a deliberate callback to how her mom signed her last letter:

--Mom, who loves you most in the world

We know something is strange about her mother because nobody died when the town was attacked and because her mom knew to name her Kubera.  And none of the other characters fit -- they either have no reason to care about her, or would care about her too much to let her throw her life away.  Her mother, though?  We don't know enough about her philosophy to say whether she'd be willing to let Leez throw her life away or not, I think.  But it's entirely possible.  Look at her in her last appearance there, as the door is closing -- she knows something is going to happen, that this could be the last time she sees her daughter, and she doesn't say anything.  Probably it is connected to that.

Additionally, her mom is an established character who was implied to have some sort of connection to Leez (appearing in that later dream); while she's not so established that having her do this out of the blue seems odd.  With anyone else, they already have other established "roles", so having them suddenly capable of possessing Leez would be weird.

(Note that my assumption -- based on the 'die a pawn' line -- is that her mother believes that Leez will be happier if she dies here, and is doing this specifically to kill her.)

Edited by Giantess, 06 January 2014 - 01:05 AM.

Anasotam

Anasotam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

All theories are interesting. But a God or Nastika should understand sura language, right? Why she did not respond to Maruna? (or answered and I did not catch the conversation?)

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

All theories are interesting. But a God or Nastika should understand sura language, right? Why she did not respond to Maruna? (or answered and I did not catch the conversation?)

They may unable to while 'in' himan body or just ignored the birdie chirping.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

It's her mom, Anna Haias.  I think her description of herself is a deliberate callback to how her mom signed her last letter:

--Mom, who loves you most in the world

Nice! Interesting theory! After all, Anna Haias was able to appear in Leez' dream after the village was destroyed. Leez also mumbled to her mother in her dreams when she was in Atera and there was a fire incident, so Anna could have been trying to console Leez from within her dreams. (Leez has also dreamed about Kaz, so not all her dreams mean something, but still)

Anna is also an established fighter, so that would account for some of her fighting skills. She might have known about the Sword of Re's attacks if she knew its previous owner. The Sword of Re's ability to teleport to the user seems less well-known though, and we don't know how Anna knows how to use the abilities of the bracelet. Still, there are a bunch of arguments in her favor, especially if she made a deal with someone to look over Leez.

Edited by Mizura, 06 January 2014 - 04:45 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you a better future"

So either Rao, Anna or Visnu (who suggested the name to the Rao I believe). Don't think Visnu would be sorry though.

Neither are confirmed dead ^_^.

Edited by Rafa El, 06 January 2014 - 08:05 AM.

deathberry 6g

deathberry 6g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationusa

I think it's Kali because the controller doesn't care about Leez, they only seem to take interest in her goal to the detriment of all else. Also it's possibly has something to do with Yuta. Taraka's nature was created by Kali  which says that Yuta was probably expected to be a lot more ruthless ad the death of Maruna, Leez, or both could drive him over the edge. 

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I think it's Kali because the controller doesn't care about Leez, they only seem to take interest in her goal to the detriment of all else. Also it's possibly has something to do with Yuta. Taraka's nature was created by Kali  which says that Yuta was probably expected to be a lot more ruthless ad the death of Maruna, Leez, or both could drive him over the edge.

The Voice clearly says sorry to Leez

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

By the way, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I'm starting to find this "happier if she's dead" business a bit strange.

I mean, if a person dies, he's dead, not happy. It could be "better", or "less miserable", but not "happier." See? D:

Edited by Mizura, 06 January 2014 - 09:36 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

By the way, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I'm starting to find this "happier if she's dead" business a bit strange.

I mean, if a person dies, he's dead, not happy. It could be "better", or "less miserable", but not "happier." See? D:

I think when the whole statement is taken in context though the spirit of it makes sense. "If she must live her life as a pawn, then the sooner it ends, the happier she will be."  In other words, not happy to be dead, but certainly happier dying trying to achieve her goal than continuing to be used like she is right now. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

That makes sense, it's just that this isn't the first time the word "happier" has been used in such a context.

In God Kubera's first insight of Leez, Leez mentions that she'd be happier too if she didn't get the name, didn't get found or did get killed back then.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/67052/kubera_v1_ch34_by_the-company

Either way she has some totally miserable moments up ahead. :(

3492bk6.jpg

Anasotam

Anasotam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I don't know who controls Leez ... But these failures of memory had already happened, even before she had the bracelet or sword. At first thought it was instinct for survival. But maybe it was this entity (acting as instinct). 

It is something that she was born with. So I don't think it's their parents or Kali. May be it is Ananta (who had missing before her birth - correct if I'm wrong), or the power of the name (I don't believe that is God Kubera by itself - he has helped Leez other times, without "possessing" her). 

The Future/ Other Leezz  is an interesting idea. A little absurd, but this is a fantasy story (everything is possible). However, speaking of herself in the 3rd person is weird. I think it's another entity. 

Visnu, has no logic. Because he has an attitude of a spectator (at least he tries to be impartial/ neutral)

I like the theory of God Vayu as well... But I have not decided yet.  :wacko:

Readingfish

Readingfish

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

I rescind my vote on Kali after the current raw chapter, due to what QueenOfRandomness said and also based on what a lot of people said about Leez's previous blackouts.   Previously, I didn't think that the blackouts were related to being under control - but now I think that connection has been established.  Who now, though?  Who has that slightly impersonal tone and distant logic?

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

My guess would be the girl who never learned her lesson, the one Ananta was pitying, and possibly, the first to have received the Name. 

Edited by 동ė‚Žė„œë…, 07 January 2014 - 05:39 AM.

Life N Discovery

Life N Discovery

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 477 posts

That makes sense, it's just that this isn't the first time the word "happier" has been used in such a context.

In God Kubera's first insight of Leez, Leez mentions that she'd be happier too if she didn't get the name, didn't get found or did get killed back then.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/67052/kubera_v1_ch34_by_the-company

Either way she has some totally miserable moments up ahead. :(

Yea but to me I feel there's no way she's living just because of protecting a name. I feel we are only witnessing part of the story and there are other moments where she's truly happy.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
I wonder who the 9 'other' votes are for. Can't imagine anyone else then in the list tbh.

Heretic

Heretic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

Yea but to me I feel there's no way she's living just because of protecting a name. I feel we are only witnessing part of the story and there are other moments where she's truly happy.

People are looking too much into it, it's just fancy speak for 'She's better off dead than the fate that currently awaits her.'

Anyway, I'm throwing my vote with other Leez, split persona as a result of all the trauma or some entity that resides in the the Sword of Re. I'm not touching the person to person possession, or help from beyond the 'grave' theories because they really haven't been hinted at or alluded beforehand. The only things solid we have at this point as to the identity is the wristband turning black and the Sword activating.

Edited by Heretic, 07 January 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Life N Discovery

Life N Discovery

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 477 posts

I don't know who controls Leez ... But these failures of memory had already happened, even before she had the bracelet or sword. At first thought it was instinct for survival. But maybe it was this entity (acting as instinct). 

It is something that she was born with. So I don't think it's their parents or Kali. May be it is Ananta (who had missing before her birth - correct if I'm wrong), or the power of the name (I don't believe that is God Kubera by itself - he has helped Leez other times, without "possessing" her). 

The Future/ Other Leezz  is an interesting idea. A little absurd, but this is a fantasy story (everything is possible). However, speaking of herself in the 3rd person is weird. I think it's another entity. 

Visnu, has no logic. Because he has an attitude of a spectator (at least he tries to be impartial/ neutral)

I like the theory of God Vayu as well... But I have not decided yet.  :wacko:

Yea I don't really know because even if we used logic they could completely switch it up because its fantasy.

People are looking too much into it, it's just fancy speak for 'She's better off dead than the fate that currently awaits her.'

Anyway, I'm throwing my vote with other Leez, split persona as a result of all the trauma or some entity that resides in the the Sword of Re. I'm not touching the person to person possession, or help from beyond the 'grave' theories because they really haven't been hinted at or alluded beforehand. The only things solid we have at this point as to the identity is the wristband turning black and the Sword activating.

Yea I would agree I really believe its just some other Leez because honestly idk. It makes more sense to me that a powerful alterego like someone mentioned before a hollow like form because that form could know how to use the power and the Sword of Re is just another weapon she uses. Like how Ichigo's form used Cero's easily (not my idea but it really works as an example). Maybe Leez's natural fighter and God power are manifesting as this alterego.

I don't want to believe the family like Rao and Anna are really that cruel as to throw there daughter into the face of danger like that even if her future is cruel why not kill her since birth. If we are to assume that these blackouts are the same as the ones she's been having as a child then her mom couldn't be the person. 

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

About Anna Haias being the one, I liked that theory but there is one thing: she called Asha a friend, while this person seems to disdain her.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

I wonder who the 9 'other' votes are for. Can't imagine anyone else then in the list tbh.

I voted for other  , i believe Shiva the destroyer and error corrector is the one that is taking over Leez . The Sword of RE was originally made to kill Shiva  by Kali , so it would be very fitting for him to use it to help out Leez .

We really don't know where Visnu , Kali and Shiva have disappeared to and Brahma ( My second Choice ) was sort of left in charge watching over the universe while they are absent and could be the one whom is taking control of leez . Whom ever took over Leez also took over some one in Atera to remove Agni from the battle in Kalibloom , so they must be one of the primeval  gods , they are the only one with the power to do booth .

We have others like Airi Yui , that have gaps in their memory , that most likely have been taken over in the past , i wouldn't think Corygom would give us these clues , for no reason .

Edited by battradio, 07 January 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

This is the appeal of mystery, the uncanny character who will shake our beliefs about the world of Kubera, where the most powerful beings are not necessarily the only ones pulling the strings.