Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Blades of Fealty

Medieval Fantasy Blades of Fealty Roleplay OOC

• Please log in to reply
7206 replies to this topic

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Thank you everyone!

Well, the Thirteen Crusaders are all NPCs; the main characters of the roleplay (i.e. you, the players) will be their children. I'll put up more information up later when I can.

To explain how the roleplay would work will be best answered by comparing it to a table-top RPG. Basically, I give you a situation, and your characters can do whatever they please within the parameters of that situation. For example, I pit the entire party surrounded by wolves. Your post will be dealing with the wolves, and/or interacting with the other members. Then I post the result of your actions within a certain timeframe (or when everyone has posted).

I'm not barring anyone from joining. All I ask is that there are some limitations on what kind of character you could make. It's nothing big, and I'll expand later when I make the profiles for the important NPCs. Although I'm curious, what kind of requirements do you mean?

Alright, I'm working through the profiles of the Princess of Light and the Thirteen Crusaders. Once that's done, I'll release the character sheet so people can start making characters. I don't plan to start until next week, but, hopefully, we can get some characters in over the weekend.

But, uh, does anyone have any questions right now?

Before I ask what I want to ask late, I have to say....this sounds like one awesome RP to be apart of. I think it's well put together. It kind of reminds me of final Fantasy, especially regarding "The Light" and the assembling of a bunch of "Heroes" to conquer the evil. I was going to ask if we could play the evil ones but since you've said the main characters will be the children of the original 13 crusaders and 6 of them turned against the princess, there'll be some evil ones.

My new question now regards the supposed limitations....well...it was mentioned about what the requirements would be....What if this RP gets to the point where all characters are filled but theres a lot more people who still want to be involved in the RP? Is there a chance that some minor characters/npcs or whatever can be made for the people who want to be involved in the RP but probably won't be too active, to which wont cut it for a main character? Which also begs the question...if someone who has a main character but ends up stops roleplaying and basically kills/slows down the rp?

Will the characters be replaced by more active players? Or if the people come back will they still get a chance to play minor reoccuring characters? Will there be a time delay in which you'd wait before moving onto the next event or whatever waiting for said people to post and participate or is there no time limit? 

I'm sorry for all the questions and nonsense. Just curious.

Of course I want to be a main character, before reading the part about we playing the crusaders kids, I wanted to play the child of the elder huntress twin. I guess I'd like to play one of their kids (who maybe happens to be twins, if theres another willing person wanting to be twins)  or be the child of the necromancer. The foriegner sounds awesome but either of the other 2 will be the ones I'm aiming for, especially the necromancer. Being the evil woman on the block sounds up my alley.

:D

Edited by I-Am-X, 02 August 2013 - 02:55 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Sounds good to me. I cant wait till things get started.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

I am interested in this, Liar, reserve me a spot please.

I knew you wanted to start one up, but this goes way beyond what I was expecting. I'm impressed, and very excited to see how this grows.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Before I ask what I want to ask late, I have to say....this sounds like one awesome RP to be apart of. I think it's well put together. It kind of reminds me of final Fantasy, especially regarding "The Light" and the assembling of a bunch of "Heroes" to conquer the evil. I was going to ask if we could play the evil ones but since you've said the main characters will be the children of the original 13 crusaders and 6 of them turned against the princess, there'll be some evil ones.

My new question now regards the supposed limitations....well...it was mentioned about what the requirements would be....What if this RP gets to the point where all characters are filled but theres a lot more people who still want to be involved in the RP? Is there a chance that some minor characters/npcs or whatever can be made for the people who want to be involved in the RP but probably won't be too active, to which wont cut it for a main character? Which also begs the question...if someone who has a main character but ends up stops roleplaying and basically kills/slows down the rp?

Will the characters be replaced by more active players? Or if the people come back will they still get a chance to play minor reoccuring characters? Will there be a time delay in which you'd wait before moving onto the next event or whatever waiting for said people to post and participate or is there no time limit? 

I'm sorry for all the questions and nonsense. Just curious.

Of course I want to be a main character, before reading the part about we playing the crusaders kids, I wanted to play the child of the elder huntress twin. I guess I'd like to play one of their kids (who maybe happens to be twins, if theres another willing person wanting to be twins)  or be the child of the necromancer. The foriegner sounds awesome but either of the other 2 will be the ones I'm aiming for, especially the necromancer. Being the evil woman on the block sounds up my alley.

:D

If people are willing, I'll allow them to be minor characters and non-playable characters. For example. I think I'll be willing to accept, for example, a character who is a knight sworn to protect this other character. That would be a little cool to have that. To the people that can't be too active, I think we'll find a way to include them.

However, if someone who has a main character ends up unable to roleplay, I may have to take control of that character. If the character is too unimportant (or has done not a lot), I may just off the character or have him slowly disappear in a way it doesn't break immersion or continuity. But I don't mind if someone gives permission to use a main character if they ended up leaving. And if people do come back, they can be a minor recurring character if they so wish.

As for a time delay...

I'll update once a week, and if everyone posts before then, it will be even sooner. However, if one week passes, I'm moving on ahead even if some people didn't post. This way the roleplay won't be dragged on forever, and we can move forward in the plot.

Okay with those questions answered, I have added the Princess of Light and Thirteen Crusaders profile on the front page. I also have added the Character Profile Skeleton, and thus I am now allowing people to make a character.

For story purposes, I am reserving the son of the Princess of Light and the Tactician. Everyone else, however, is free game. Please don't hesitate to talk about your characters, and make plans with others. If you have questions, don't be intimidated to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

Kayley

Kayley

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationNot here.

Well, this sounds pretty interesting ~

And since you put up a character sheet, may as well :

Spoiler

Okay, that's the best I can come up with, and I assumed we are allowed to be on the not-good-guys side~

(Wow, that took a while to typeeee)

Edited by Kayley, 02 August 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Is my sig too small now?

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Wandering Rogue, 03 August 2013 - 02:45 AM.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Orcraniil, 05 August 2013 - 07:14 AM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood
Spoiler

Edited by Geo, 03 August 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Kōtei

Kōtei

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAt the door before the final boss.

Spoiler

Edited by Kōtei, 03 August 2013 - 12:17 PM.

271348800_640.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

~" Batoto Family|War of Batoto|Random Thoughts|"~

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

If people are willing, I'll allow them to be minor characters and non-playable characters. For example. I think I'll be willing to accept, for example, a character who is a knight sworn to protect this other character. That would be a little cool to have that. To the people that can't be too active, I think we'll find a way to include them.

However, if someone who has a main character ends up unable to roleplay, I may have to take control of that character. If the character is too unimportant (or has done not a lot), I may just off the character or have him slowly disappear in a way it doesn't break immersion or continuity. But I don't mind if someone gives permission to use a main character if they ended up leaving. And if people do come back, they can be a minor recurring character if they so wish.

As for a time delay...

I'll update once a week, and if everyone posts before then, it will be even sooner. However, if one week passes, I'm moving on ahead even if some people didn't post. This way the roleplay won't be dragged on forever, and we can move forward in the plot.

Okay with those questions answered, I have added the Princess of Light and Thirteen Crusaders profile on the front page. I also have added the Character Profile Skeleton, and thus I am now allowing people to make a character.

For story purposes, I am reserving the son of the Princess of Light and the Tactician. Everyone else, however, is free game. Please don't hesitate to talk about your characters, and make plans with others. If you have questions, don't be intimidated to ask. I'll do my best to answer.

You say we can play as children to any of the 13 crusaders but you marked off some, that they had no children so that leaves like 10-11 of the crusaders. Now, If we pick a character that was part of the holy knights, they're strictly bound to being on the good side or if say, one of the holy knights had multiple children then one can take the place of the evils sides warriors that didn't have children right?

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts
I'm on my phone, so I'll answer X's question before I look at characters. No, you are not bound. Just make what you want, and have run with it. Also, for Stoufferry purposes, it made no sense for the Handmaiden and the older Huntress to have had children.

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
So would any of these fine characters like to have associations with my scoundrel?

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

I'm thinking son of the swordsman. Warrior steeped in his father's shame hunting for redemption... and silently looking out for his little sister I guess since Kayley is a daughter of the Swordsman.

Why yes; I am fond of some cliches.

Edited by Inumori, 03 August 2013 - 01:30 AM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I'm already making one of those.

I figured he'd be popular but I still want to =_=

EDIT: Guess I'll roll with the Soldier.

Edited by ~L~, 03 August 2013 - 01:29 AM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Spoiler

Edited by I-Am-X, 03 August 2013 - 01:34 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

I'm already making one of those.

I figured he'd be popular but I still want to =_=

EDIT: Guess I'll roll with the Soldier.

Which one? Swordsman's son seeking redemption? Take it I'm not glued to the idea, just didn't see it up here and thought that was a waste.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I was just going to make the Swordsman's son.

Was thinking of being Froja's twin brother, she made a child of the swordsman already.

His story would've been that he wanted to follow his own path of the sword, seeking redemption for his father would have been a primary motivation but since he's 26 when the RP starts, by that time he'd have decided to simply follow his own path and not let others get in his way.

Also he's... Very reckless.

I may just run with the soldier's child.

Also so much swordsmanship...

Edited by ~L~, 03 August 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

I was just going to make the Swordsman's son.

Was thinking of being Froja's twin brother, she made a child of the swordsman already.

His story would've been that he wanted to follow his own path of the sword, seeking redemption for his father would have been a primary motivation but since he's 26 when the RP starts, by that time he'd have decided to simply follow his own path and not let others get in his way.

Also he's... Very reckless.

I may just run with the soldier's child.

Also so much swordsmanship...

Just go for it dude. I'll pick a different path.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

My character is a very silent and neutral character. :]

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

So would any of these fine characters like to have associations with my scoundrel?

Quite possibly, especially if you're character is on the darker side of things.

Heh

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler