Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Blades of Fealty

Medieval Fantasy Blades of Fealty Roleplay OOC

• Please log in to reply
7206 replies to this topic

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Blades of Fealty

A Fantasy-Filled Medieval Tale between Good and Evil

BladesOfFealtyBanner4_zps34f28719.png

Before man came to be, the world was filled with chaos. Unholy terrors and creatures stalked the lands, destroying all within their path. But amidst the darkness that eclipsed this unforgiving reality, man was born. In what would come to be known as the Deicide Age, man banded together to conquer the world around them. Beings that were once called gods were slain, and monsters that were great threats were leashed and subdued.

At the end of this time of conquest, the civilisation of man was carved from his victories. Among the many societies that were formed, Empyria, a most fearsome empire, was the strongest and largest. Its first emperor had been the one to have first led man to confront the chaos, and using the power of Light, he created a land where those he loved could flourish in peace. He became the Hero of Light, and there was no one that did not know his incredible feats.

However, the Deicide Age soon came to an end. Man grew weak from complacency. The chaotic beings that had once been driven off soon returned. As centuries after centuries past, more and more of the world were retaken by the darkness. Countries fell and became isolated from each other. The realm of Empyria shrunk. Even with their might, they could not fend off the darkness forever. The dynastic line of the Hero of Light became weak, and with it came the loss of the power of Light.

Three decades ago, Empyria was a pittance of its former glory. Those that lived in the central region of the empire were comfortable and happy, but blissfully ignorant of the constant state of danger and poor living that resided in the empire’s marches. The emperor had been a weak and cowardly man, and his two sons were shaping up to be the same. However, all things changed upon the birth of his daughter, the Princess of Light.

For the first time in over a thousand years, the member of the royal throne held the power of Light that their ancestor, the Hero of Light, used to drive back the darkness. The Princess of Light saw the plight of her people throughout the world, and knew it was her purpose to bring hope and power back to the hands of humans.

In the texts of old, it was said that the Hero of Light had fought the source of the darkness that plagued the world, and with its destruction came peace. The Princess of Light rallied to find this source, and destroy it once and for all, but many did not want to risk their lives on what was thought to be a foolish quest. Only thirteen men and women would take up her cause.

The Tactician; a brilliant and cunning young man that could bring victory despite impossible odds.

The Huntress Twins; two sisters that lived in the frontier, battling monsters to make their living.

The Handmaiden; the Princess of Light’s personal knight whom had served her since she was a child.

The Cleric; a maiden devoted to religion who hoped to see the darkness driven away.

The Soldier; a diligent member of the Royal Army who sought peace and order to the country he proudly served.

The Valkyrie; a strong woman hailing from the north with the desire to see those around her happy.

The Swordsman; a man whose skill with the blade was unsurpassed in the empire.

The Foreigner; a mysterious warrior from a land isolated at sea.

The Noble; a man from an impoverished noble family who joined the princess to reclaim his house’s former honour and prestige.

The Necromancer; a woman dedicated to the study of the darkness that threatens the land.

The Sorcerer; a man famous for his magic on a quest to seek more knowledge.

The Rogue; a cheerful older gentleman who joined for the riches that could be had.

Together with the Princess of Light, they became known as the Thirteen Crusaders that travelled into the Dusk to drive away the dark by destroying the Dusk Emblem. But at the end of their journey during the battle that would decide the fate of the world, six of the thirteen betrayed the Princess of Light. The Handmaiden, the Swordsman, the Foreigner, the Necromancer, the elder Huntress Twin, and the Rogue broke their oath of fealty. These six would become known as the Warlocks of Dusk, and would forever be scorned for their treachery.

Fortunately, the seven that had remained loyal stood their ground to protect the Princess of Light. The seven would become known as the Holy Knights, and together they fought back against the Warlocks of Dusk and slew them. However, the Princess of Light was injured in the battle, and did not have enough strength to completely destroy the Dusk Emblem, merely shattering it into the Shards of Dusk. Nevertheless, the beings that drew their power from the darkness were weakened considerably.

The Princess of Light and her Holy Knights returned to Empyria, and were forever hailed as heroes. The Second Crusade had come to an end, and the Princess of Light and the thirteen others that participated would be marked down in history.

Twenty-five years had passed since then, and slowly Empyria began to grow again. More and more, lands were retaken, and though the darkness still remained, they could finally be overcome. The Princess of Light, now the Empress of Light, called forth the Third Crusade to destroy the Shards of Dusk. It was time to finally extinguish the darkness once and for all, and to finish up what she had begun long ago.

You play as the children of the Thirteen Crusaders, and it is now your duty to complete what your parents had started.

The Princess of Light and the Thirteen Crusaders

Spoiler

Character Profile Sheet

Spoiler

Edited by Liar, 23 December 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

damn, this looks pretty cool~

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
this looks awesome! i'd be the foreigner if i could XD

so how is this going to work? you're going to post about an event, and the characters will write posts based on their viewpoints throughout the event?

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

This looks very interesting!

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Thank you everyone!

this looks awesome! i'd be the foreigner if i could XD

so how is this going to work? you're going to post about an event, and the characters will write posts based on their viewpoints throughout the event?

Well, the Thirteen Crusaders are all NPCs; the main characters of the roleplay (i.e. you, the players) will be their children. I'll put up more information up later when I can.

To explain how the roleplay would work will be best answered by comparing it to a table-top RPG. Basically, I give you a situation, and your characters can do whatever they please within the parameters of that situation. For example, I pit the entire party surrounded by wolves. Your post will be dealing with the wolves, and/or interacting with the other members. Then I post the result of your actions within a certain timeframe (or when everyone has posted).

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Wow, this sounds good!

Please keep this thread updated ^^

Any requirements to join?

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

My body is ready.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Wow, this sounds good!

Please keep this thread updated ^^

Any requirements to join?

I'm not barring anyone from joining. All I ask is that there are some limitations on what kind of character you could make. It's nothing big, and I'll expand later when I make the profiles for the important NPCs. Although I'm curious, what kind of requirements do you mean?

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Hmm, I'm not quite sure either, but there is a RP here that have strict requirements regarding grammar proficiency and minimum post length.

I'm not that much of a creative person and english is not my mother tongue, so I might not pass if there's such requirements :P

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Yeah, none of that nonsense.

How could anyone get better if they don't even get a chance to write? A friend of mine didn't have English as his native tongue, and after roleplaying awhile (and even being in charge of his own roleplay), he improved leaps and bounds. Hell, you wouldn't even think he had trouble with English in the past.

Although, I do encourage everyone to write at least one paragraph, but it's not required.

Edited by Liar, 30 July 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts
Im intrigued!! Count me in.

Edited by Orcraniil, 30 July 2013 - 11:12 AM.

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
the number of interested people are gonna pile up, so you might wanna keep track of who's in XD

Edited by Viscoun Kosaka, 30 July 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

-waves hand excitedly-

can i join? :3

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Wandering Rogue

Wandering Rogue

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts

I signed up for this.

tumblr_ner0yxdSDb1qeclafo3_1280_zpsd17zv

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

I'm interested as well ^-^

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

Johnny Paradise

Johnny Paradise

Potato

• Members
  • 133 posts

This is my calling. I feel as though I joined these boards for no other reason than to join this.

:V

here's to a long life and dead friends

tumblr_inline_nep6qkNSe41sok0j2.png

Kōtei

Kōtei

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAt the door before the final boss.

oooooohh very interesting reserve me a spot when i get a much comfortable schedule in about a week xD

271348800_640.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

~" Batoto Family|War of Batoto|Random Thoughts|"~

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Alright, I'm working through the profiles of the Princess of Light and the Thirteen Crusaders. Once that's done, I'll release the character sheet so people can start making characters. I don't plan to start until next week, but, hopefully, we can get some characters in over the weekend.

But, uh, does anyone have any questions right now?

Orcraniil

Orcraniil

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 368 posts

Are you going to do anything to keep the children balanced? By that I mean are you going to limit how many people can be children of one crusader? Or is The Valkyrie having 8 children out of the question? I'm not planning on making more than one character, I just was curious how you were going to deal with that. Or does it not even matter at all?

tumblr_n8afhdCGiX1sg8zvco1_500.gif

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

Well, I'm willing to trust the roleplayers not to clutter things up. If it does become a problem, I'll handle it, but I'm not crossing that bridge until when or if we get there.