Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Esdese & Tatsumi

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

Bloody Sorcerer

Bloody Sorcerer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

They hunted to make a living out of it, they ate the meat and sold everything else that they didn't need. It's not that they hunted just for sport.

And going back to topic, I think this ship is more sunk than the Titanic. There's no way that Tatsumi is going to forgive her for all the things she made, and now we can add Susano-O to that list. (Altough it can be justified if you think he tried to kill her and her VIP, but whatevs).

You just failed to get my point, i didn't say they used hunting as a sport, i said "it's wrong to raise a child using your knowledge as a hunter to explain how the real world works". Hunting as a sport was used(by me) to teach how dangerous can that notion be, also to explain how could Esdese mind be so warped as to become only interested in killing and strength.

Tatsumi is not the kind of character to hold such a grudge, at least that's not how the author depicted him in many of the situations he's been. Esdese was doing her job at the time, so i don't think he'll just simply kill her off.  

I'm pretty sure Esdese could be convinced as long as she's overpowered by someone, no matter how. After all, in her mind, if you lose you die and if you win, you win everything. 

Edited by Bloody Sorcerer, 20 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

Pugnator

Pugnator

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Imo Esdese isn't truly evil, she just has no moral compass, or better yet, her "morals" are different than ours as in she grew up with the law of the strongest or whatever you want to call it, which is the most pure law in nature.

She actually cares for those she considers her comrades, as shown multiple times in the manga, and the ones she tortures are deserving of such in her eyes (going against the authority and all). If you see her killing or torturing anyone with no reason then point me to the chapter.

Having said that, her one big problem is her bloodthirstiness, which doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Even Alexander the Great lived for combat and warfare, but people still consider him one of the greatest heroes of the past. And if anyone can keep her bloodthirsty side in check it's Tatsumi.

kayle101

kayle101

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Imo Esdese isn't truly evil, she just has no moral compass, or better yet, her "morals" are different than ours as in she grew up with the law of the strongest or whatever you want to call it, which is the most pure law in nature.

She actually cares for those she considers her comrades, as shown multiple times in the manga, and the ones she tortures are deserving of such in her eyes (going against the authority and all). If you see her killing or torturing anyone with no reason then point me to the chapter.

Having said that, her one big problem is her bloodthirstiness, which doesn't necessarily have to be bad. Even Alexander the Great lived for combat and warfare, but people still consider him one of the greatest heroes of the past. And if anyone can keep her bloodthirsty side in check it's Tatsumi.

yup that is true

and second part this is that she sides with the prime minister and all so yeah... if he begins to see the change in her to be bad for his needs with esdese

tatsumi is likely gonna have a few assassins after him later on.

Edited by kalye101, 20 December 2013 - 09:53 PM.

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Takumi is too dense of a hero to ever fall in love, the best thing would be a harem-esque ending after a fight with Edese were both sides are severely hurt.

This series will get the axe because plot and fighting scenes became so boring. Everything is kind of predictable and not even done in any fashion worth mentioning.

This is my opinion and I really liked how it started, but the last 5-10 chapters just feel like any other manga that was close to end because it was axed. 

Maybe I am wrong and we all get an awesome story :D

And I don't dislike Edese x Takumi pairing, but the possibilities are small.

Edited by NoboriRyu, 20 December 2013 - 05:30 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Oh lord, did this argument magnet thread get restarted?  >_< 

Takumi is too dense of a hero to ever fall in love

He is awfully dense...........I guess it's why the only time he really "gets it" is when some kind of erotic power-house like Esdese or Leone gets after him.   :D

Esdese had a couple of super-cool moments in the new chapter too.............so torn with how hot she is and the whole "sadistic maniac" thing. XD

Edited by svines85, 20 December 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well I hope the next fighting scenes get bit more interesting q_q

or finally some romantic development or something <_<

Pugnator

Pugnator

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Takumi is too dense of a hero to ever fall in love, the best thing would be a harem-esque ending after a fight with Edese were both sides are severely hurt.

This series will get the axe because plot and fighting scenes became so boring. Everything is kind of predictable and not even done in any fashion worth mentioning.

This is my opinion and I really liked how it started, but the last 5-10 chapters just feel like any other manga that was close to end because it was axed. 

Maybe I am wrong and we all get an awesome story :D

And I don't dislike Edese x Takumi pairing, but the possibilities are small.

A-are you me?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So, who else thinks all this "Empire in Chaos" hooey will be just the trigger to get our heroes Tatsumi and Esdese together? :D

Mein doesn't have a chance with Esdese in the picture.  :P

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

I am more interested in Wave vs Tatsumi fight.

Acerola

Acerola

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

I'd love there to be an Esdese x Tatsumi pair but it seems too unrealistic given the how the manga is progressing. I fear that as her affection progresses, it'll end with the deaths of any other good candidate for Tatsumi, given her values.

If anything, I bet they'll pair either very temporarily and then something goes south OR they'll pair near the end of the manga, but I just can't honestly expect this to go through. If I'm going to be unrealistic here then I might as well hope for a harem ending.

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well I wonder what the Prime minister's son gonna do. I hope he will not just continue what Edese and her Jaegers did.

Maybe he tries to kill Takumi and Edese comes to save him even if it is against the empire's orders.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts

Esdesse and tatsumi relationship is just a wishful thinking, they will never end up with each other. For him to fight her seriously edesse would have to kill someone very close to tatsumi, main would be a good sacrifice for tatsumi to get fired up.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Esdesse and tatsumi relationship is just a wishful thinking, they will never end up with each other. For him to fight her seriously edesse would have to kill someone very close to tatsumi, main would be a good sacrifice for tatsumi to get fired up.

Oh, I don't know, I've seen stranger things happen.

I'm actually entirely serious about the newly introduced story element of major instability within the Empire having the potential to dramatically affect literally all  of the dynamics in the story. Make no mistake, the author created the Esdese/Tatsumi dynamic for a reason...........perfectly within the realm of possibilities for it to eventually lead to an actual romance/mutual releationship rather than the other way around (an eventual "to the death" confrontation).  

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts

Of course there's a reason about it, the things you pointed out could be possible or the author just wanted to add more complication for tatsumi's part(regarding in killing or not killng esdesse) if ever they ended to have deeper bond than akame or mein. Then she kills mein lol

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

Edese was raised in the wild by the laws of the wild. In the wild there's no such thing as 'Good' or 'Evil', it's simply survival of the fittest, eat or be eaten. Edese was never taught of compassion, mercy or the distinction between man and beast. She was taught to be stronger, faster and more powerful than others, that way she may never be preyed on. She was taught that the strong survive and the weak die, and in that sense she has essentially been subject to the kind of raising that you would expect of a moral beast. She has no moral shading, we see right and wrong, she sees strong and weak. The only possibly evil part of her is the fact that she's a sadist, other than that she's simply an animal.

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well there is a high possibility he will end up with noone and it will be a meaningless end with no real conclusion, somehow this manga gives me that feeling.

Edited by NoboriRyu, 04 January 2014 - 12:13 PM.

WarpSprite

WarpSprite

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts

I feel that the only reason people are defending Edese is because they see her as beautiful/physically attractive and that's just sad. I wonder how different this convo would be if Edese wasn't pretty but ugly and made frequent bizarre faces.

The only way Edese X Tatsumi would come about would be if she mentally broke him to the point were hes fine with torturing little kids (throw in a little dog rape to spice things up) or she gets hit HARD in the head and takes brain damage causing her to forget her past life and changing her personality. (amnesia alone wont work cause theres still the sadism problem)

Edited by WarpSprite, 04 January 2014 - 07:13 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Its sad that the only reason people are defending Edese is because they see her as beautiful/physically attractive. I wonder how different this convo would be if Edese wasn't pretty but ugly and made frequent bizarre faces.

Well, you're welcome to an opinion and all, but there's any number of posts in this thread with a lot more in them than simple one-dimensional defenses of her based on physical appearance. So, yeah, saying "the only reason people are defending" doesn't count as an opinion, it's a statement of facts according to you and it's pretty much just wrong...........but she is really hot, there's no arguing about that. :D

And Seryuu was as cute as a button and I still rooted for her to die a horrible death..........so at least in my own defense I'd say you're well off base. 

Tn7HA0h.png

WarpSprite

WarpSprite

Potato

• Members
  • 139 posts

Well, you're welcome to an opinion and all, but there's any number of posts in this thread with a lot more in them than simple one-dimensional defenses of her based on physical appearance. So, yeah, saying "the only reason people are defending" doesn't count as an opinion, it's a statement of facts according to you and it's pretty much just wrong...........but she is really hot, there's no arguing about that. :D

And Seryuu was as cute as a button and I still rooted for her to die a horrible death..........so at least in my own defense I'd say you're well off base. 

Im talking about the reason WHY people defend Edese in the first place not the reasons they use to defend her with. Anyone can come up with a plethora of reasons to defend a particular character they like but what Im trying to address is the reason why they like that character enough to defend them.I don't see this forum ablaze with post defending the prime minister or really anyone else that doesn't happen to be a cute girl.... but one post pointing out how (insert cute girl) is an evil irredeemable monster and people fly out of the wood works.

Also you rebuffed my statement of fact with a statement of fact? (if it makes you feel any better I have changed it)

Edited by WarpSprite, 04 January 2014 - 07:13 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

(if it makes you feel any better I have changed it)

No, not really, I didn't mean it to be confrontational, I was simply making a point during the course of a conversation that as you'd worded the initial part of your post you were essentially ignoring the number of well thought out previous posts that had put forth solid (their opinion) reasons why the Esdese character could be defended........other than she's hot and should be forgiven any sins because of it that is.

I'm talking about the reason WHY people defend Edese in the first place not the reasons they use to defend her with. Anyone can come up with a plethora of reasons to defend a particular character they like but what Im trying to address is the reason why they like that character enough to defend them.I don't see this forum ablaze with post defending the prime minister or really anyone else that doesn't happen to be a cute girl.... but one post pointing out how (insert cute girl) is an evil irredeemable monster and people fly out of the wood works.

Well, first I'd like to say that partly what you're describing is simple human nature. If presented with two plates of food, one containing lumpy gray gruel and the other a well prepared, pleasing to the eye  four course meal, practically any human being is going to, at the minimum, subconsciously expect the more attractive plate of food to be "better". Again, that's human nature.........it's not always fair, but it's reality.

Second, I think the obvious answer why more readers would try to rationalize a defense for Esdese as opposed to many of the other characters is that she has a different relationship (more than simply adversarial)  with one of our well-liked main characters rather than just being attractive. Simple as that, many readers like certain aspects of the Esdese character because she's sweet on Tatsumi.

Does it help for her character to be physically attractive and not some "wicked witch of the west" with a wart on her nose? Probably so.........once again, human nature, having the readers take her character seriously as a love interest/more complex character as opposed to just one of the many other sadists in the story is probably just why the author drew her that way. 

And I love "plethora", awesome, I just gotta find a spot to work that one in myself.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png