Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

30th Floor Workshop Battle : (Spoilers/Discussion/Predictions)

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

gamblers cannot bet on someone else teamates, forexample koon cannot bet on viole while reflejjo is present right?  if that is not so and  they are allowed then if reflejjo and lessoo and koon bet on viole and viole wins his round alone then in this will they all get the same amount since they bet all of them on viole or reflejjo will  have more money than the others since refejo is teammate with viole

Edited by salvatore022, 02 July 2013 - 10:09 PM.

agreton

agreton

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts

gamblers cannot bet on someone else teamates, forexample koon cannot bet on viole while reflejjo is present right? so if that is not so and  they are allowed then if reflejjo and lessoo and koon bet on viole and viole wins his round alone then in this will they all get the same amount since they bet all of them on viole or reflejjo will  have more money than the others since refejo is teammate with viole

All of the gamblers are going to wager for or against all of the contestants for the plug round 1 game. This means of course, Reflejo will bid for Viole, but it also means Koon will wager heavily on Viole as well. I think Leesoo might as well, Hon Mei without a doubt. So no, Koon and Reflejo can bet on whoever they want right now. They can't choose who participates in round 1 though, they are limited to betting. Which means that Reflejo and Koon can bet on anyones team members they want to. They will have too if they want to advance to round 2, they have to bet right and well enough to have one spot on top 6 earnings from gambling.

Edited by agreton, 02 July 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

man the game i understand but the gamblers are too complicated

agreton

agreton

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts

Nah, it's pretty straight forward. Look. The 10 Gamblers were selected based on highest scorers of the One Shot game. Each of those Gamblers starts off with 500,000 credits to gamble with. They will be gambling on who will win the round 1 plug games. Each set that comes up, every gambler bets on who will win and advance to round 2. They win or lose credits based on how they bet, so people like Koon, Leesoo, Reflejo or Hon Mei will naturally vote for example heavily on Viole to advance to the round 2. Or Koon betting on Wangnan, Prince, Miseng and Akraptor right now. Reflejo made some of those same bets, how we don't really know yet. But by making bets like this the Gamblers will try to amass as many credits they can betting for or against contestants. The top 6 money makers get to go to round 2 as Team Leaders, and use the money they won gambling to recruit team mates and buy weapons.

Edited by agreton, 02 July 2013 - 10:51 PM.

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

awesome thanks i understand now

BTW: for a while i was wondering how  those gamblers were selected as top scores since reflejo did nothing but someone else translated and said it was mistranslated and  those gamblers were selected because they were team leaders who send every member of their team up to the ship,

well anyway i hope miseng doesn't die 

Edited by salvatore022, 02 July 2013 - 10:52 PM.

agreton

agreton

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts

awesome thanks i understand now

BTW: for a while i was wondering how  those gamblers were selected as top scores since reflejo did nothing but someone else translated and said it was mistranslated and  those gamblers were selected because they were team leaders who send ever member of their team up to the ship,

well anyway i hope miseng doesn't die 

Well, right now SIU really threw the wild card on for Miseng, so it will definitely be interesting to see what happens with her. I hope she doesn't die either, I kinda hope it's Prince, but meh... If Miseng dies, I wonder how that is going to effect Akraptor.

Spoiler

Fan

Fan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

Nah, it's pretty straight forward. Look. The 10 Gamblers were selected based on highest scorers of the One Shot game. Each of those Gamblers starts off with 500,000 credits to gamble with. They will be gambling on who will win the round 1 plug games. Each set that comes up, every gambler bets on who will win and advance to round 2. They win or lose credits based on how they bet, so people like Koon, Leesoo, Reflejo or Hon Mei will naturally vote for example heavily on Viole to advance to the round 2. Or Koon betting on Wangnan, Prince, Miseng and Akraptor right now. Reflejo made some of those same bets, how we don't really know yet. But by making bets like this the Gamblers will try to amass as many credits they can betting for or against contestants. The top 6 money makers get to go to round 2 as Team Leaders, and use the money they won gambling to recruit team mates and buy weapons.

Actually the gamblers are not the highest scorers, but the team leaders of the highest scoring teams. So this gambling is a kind of separate match among team leaders.

I think it's clever to separate the league for team leaders from the league for other regulars, because the virtues required for team leaders are different from the virtues for the front line fighters.
One might be the best team leader but might not be able to compete well against Androssi or Anak in a simple speed and power game. I cannot imagine Koon or 12Soo beating them, but Koon and 12Soo are better leaders than Androssi or Anak. This gambling tests analysis and predictions, which are closer to the virtues of team leaders. Also hiring the best team with limited resources at the end of Round #1 will be another good test for good leaders.

Edited by Fan, 02 July 2013 - 10:57 PM.

agreton

agreton

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts

Actually the gamblers are not the highest scorers, but the team leaders of the highest scoring teams. So this gambling is a kind of separate match among team leaders.

I think it's clever to separate the league for team leaders from the league for other regulars, because the virtues required for team leaders are different from the virtues for the front line fighters.
One might be the best team leader but might not be able to compete well against Androssi or Anak in a simple speed and power game. I cannot imagine Koon or 12Soo beating them, but Koon and 12Soo are better leaders than Androssi or Anak. This gambling tests analysis and predictions, which are closer to the virtues of team leaders. Also hiring the best team with limited resources at the end of Round #1 will be another good test for good leaders.

I stand corrected then, thank you. The 10 Gamblers are 10 people chosen from the regulars to become potential team leaders for Round 2. ^_^

Spoiler

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

AMRITASYA PUTRAH

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Location@ the lord's feet

Well one of my predictions in this forum did come true...i had predicted a Lero-ro entry...and it came true in ch-68...as for my other predictions of a Lero-Quant Bang Bang...(if possible with that pyromaniac thrown in as well XD)...let's see :D I will repost my original prediction post here sometime later ('cos it would need a lot of browsing the forum XD)

Anyway entry of Ro ~ entry of Wolhaiksong agents...FUG is gonna end up facing serious shit :P

Shrinwantu vishwe amritasya putra

Arya dhamani divyani thasthu --- Svetasvatara Upanishad.

The Ostrich Sage

The Ostrich Sage

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOver there
I believe that the masked man character (I wonder who that is) will ge t in a bidding war with reflejo over baam causing reflejo to over spend and not be able to afford the rest of the fug team as people will also probably bid on them since they probably will also be seen as useful

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

Yes! Baam just pulling a Silver surfer...

He yells "Stop" coming out, pulls out the blue oar, wins and proceeds to kill everyone he feels like. Game/set/match?

you dont really see baam killing folks, he will be trying to help everybody    -.- annoying

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

I believe that the masked man character (I wonder who that is) will ge t in a bidding war with reflejo over baam causing reflejo to over spend and not be able to afford the rest of the fug team as people will also probably bid on them since they probably will also be seen as useful

I always thought the mask dude was Koon

Like that time Leesoo was all "I wish Koon was there" and that guy coincidently bumped by.

Cuz remember? Koon can't show Leesoo or anyone he's alive. Pinky promise with Hwa Ryun, cuz who wouldn't keep a promise from someone cute like her

Edited by Ja Wangnan, 03 July 2013 - 03:48 PM.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

I believe the mask dude is Koon beside going off the blue eyes.  He mention Prince name and only Koon out of all the gamblers know him.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

The Ostrich Sage

The Ostrich Sage

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOver there
I was being sarcastic guess its hard to convey via text

GwhoisJ

GwhoisJ

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe College of William & Mary

I know it's not entirely in context, but I personally think that A.A is at least as strong as Ran who can fight relatively evenly with Anak. Even if his fighting prowess isn't as great as Ran's I'd imagine that his intelligence and battle tactics more than makes up for any lack in that area. Personally I'd really like to see A.A actually fight someone strong by himself, I feel like we haven't seen enough of him actually fighting in part 2.

Also, as a side note, I noticed that only three players can win, but there are 4 people from s2 cast in this round of the game  :huh:  This would hinge on wether or not you have to win the individual matches to advance (I assume you do), but that means that at least one, but probably more, wont make it.

Edit: didn't finish my sentence 

Edited by GwhoisJ, 03 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Infinity can not be fully realized because it is something without bound, but everything we know is finite, has boundaries, ends, and we can measure that. For example, although we can conclude through logical and mathematical extrapolation that magnetic fields extend to infinity we have no way to measure that they in fact do.

MangaFan

MangaFan

Potato

• Members
  • 110 posts

I was being sarcastic guess its hard to convey via text

as long as u put Rak with banana in the end of your message, we will understand.

ClearAsATear

ClearAsATear

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

YO! Can somebody elaborate how A.A figured that there will be only 6 gamblers advancing? Rak with banana

Edit: I noticed it while rereading the chap. Was stated by one of the commentators!

Edited by ClearAsATear, 03 July 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Suggestions 4 me? I like: Vagabond, Tower of God, Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Historie, Ability, D.I.C.E, The Gamer, City of the Dead Sorcerer, LuckStealer, Until death do us part, Naruto, Breaker: New Waves, Tough, Dark Air, Sidooh, Shingeki no Kyojin, Black Behemoth, One-Punch Man, Twelve Nights, Remember, Feng Shen Ji, ChunChu, No. 6, Peace Maker, Blazer Drive, City of Darkness, Gangsta., Magician, Bokko, FullMetal Alchemist, Holyland, Gekiryuuchi, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Green Blood, The Breaker, Gamaran, Real, Shaman, Zelda: The Edge and The Light

GwhoisJ

GwhoisJ

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe College of William & Mary

It was stated in the rules by daft punk.

Infinity can not be fully realized because it is something without bound, but everything we know is finite, has boundaries, ends, and we can measure that. For example, although we can conclude through logical and mathematical extrapolation that magnetic fields extend to infinity we have no way to measure that they in fact do.

ClearAsATear

ClearAsATear

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 59 posts

And as far as I got the rules right: Gamblers only gamble for currency which allows to stock up on team members and weapons before round two. So basically all the participants who pass the individual tournament end up in a pool and have no influence of the later teams.

This would also mean that all gamblers are advancing, because there is no condition for them to pass.

Every round of the plug test consists of 8 contestants. That's 238 of 'em participating in 29.75 rounds. So the last round will have only 6 in it. Every round let's at least 1 person pass (in case all the others are dropped) but a maximum of 3 are allowed to advance. That leaves us with max 96 participants (including ex-gamblers, now team leaders)... to be expected tho, that not every round will be a perfect one. So I guess it will be about 80-85 people in the second test. Spread among 6 teams that's about 13 per team. (if spread equally) ... that's pretty high number.

So a couple of question remain unanswered: What happens to the people passing but not being "bought"? What happens if 1 person has several bidders? Can that person decide itself or is the highest bidder winning?

PS:

just figuring that there is now way SIU gonna draw all the rounds. He probably opts for 1 or 2 and off-screens the rest. Or fast-paces only the betting.

Edited by ClearAsATear, 03 July 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Suggestions 4 me? I like: Vagabond, Tower of God, Kingdom, Vinland Saga, Historie, Ability, D.I.C.E, The Gamer, City of the Dead Sorcerer, LuckStealer, Until death do us part, Naruto, Breaker: New Waves, Tough, Dark Air, Sidooh, Shingeki no Kyojin, Black Behemoth, One-Punch Man, Twelve Nights, Remember, Feng Shen Ji, ChunChu, No. 6, Peace Maker, Blazer Drive, City of Darkness, Gangsta., Magician, Bokko, FullMetal Alchemist, Holyland, Gekiryuuchi, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, Green Blood, The Breaker, Gamaran, Real, Shaman, Zelda: The Edge and The Light

Tony911

Tony911

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 635 posts

I have...absolutely no idea how you arrived at this, considering the stated rules of the game. No offense intended. First, there are no 'teams' in the Plug game. Each match has eight randomly assorted Regulars competing on an every man for himself basis to move on and earn one of three possible spots in the next round of the competition. For any kind of scenario where Viole, Androssi and Mad Dog could compete against one another in battle during this round, all three of them would have to be somehow placed within the same group of eight (out almost 250 total competitors). The odds of that happening are astronomically low even without the sponsors rigging things to prevent the big names from meeting one another in an elimination round.

What exactly would she do if she met him out in public? She's a Princess, she can't just have her happy moment with the Slayer Candidate in the middle of the crowd without immediately igniting a huge scandal. Nevermind that she isn't even sure that Viole is Baam yet. Much smarter to handle this one behind closed doors. The scandal part will (at least as I see it) come later, when she is at least certain that Baam is alive and she makes up her mind to associate with him regardless of image.

It doesn't have to be a happy moment to the rest of the world it can just look like banter. And if she has trouble interacting with the slayer candidate now how will she climb the tower with him later?