Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

30th Floor Workshop Battle : (Spoilers/Discussion/Predictions)

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

as grimm said, there are too many characters for a single team, even including 11 members instead of 8

I'm not necessarily saying they have to form one, large team, but nothing says there can't be multiple teams climbing the Tower together. They could even cohabitate for all I care (especially if they don't want to eat Yihwa's food.)

Though, I figure news about Viole being Bamm (him being an Irregular) will make team standards a non-issue later on.

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

Lightprayer

Lightprayer

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationItaly

I think Chang isn't FUG, nor with the gongbang, nor anything. He strikes me as a very indipendent character who will do everything for his own goals.

I also think Baam vs Mad Dog is going to happen, since SIU has been hyping this fight for some time now, also I think Baam is the only one at his level among the regulars.

Anak and Ran are destined to become one of those "I hate you, but actually I think you're pretty cool" male-female couples, I guess they will soon join the hatsu/leroro ship.

Also I was thinking: after what team FUG just did will Koon just come out in the open and say to Leesoo "I'm alive, you stupid Ajusshi?"

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
I also am hoping Chang would be free lancer, he simply does not look like to be loyal to anyone.

Well, perhaps he takes care of Quatro, but I that is different.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Also I was thinking: after what team FUG just did will Koon just come out in the open and say to Leesoo "I'm alive, you stupid Ajusshi?"

there is no reason to hide anymore , he knows the bet is already off the moment they replaced viole to mad dog . their bet was to defeat viole along with fug team .

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

there is no reason to hide anymore , he knows the bet is already off the moment they replaced viole to mad dog.

Yep.  All bets are off, and Koon's smart enough to realize that.

Not that he doesn't have first-hand experience with FUG's traps.

622px-Yu-Han-Sung-invita-a-Mauchi-a-baja

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

Thank goodness too, so far all we have seen is Koon caught off guard, or thwarted... Now we'll finally get to see the Koon that we all know and love make a comeback.

EmRQjFH.jpg

XrO2U3z.png

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

What if Chang really was payed by FUG, but changed his mind? would be a refreshing change for once

Frankly I prefer a little less FUG.  I don't mind individuals doing whatever it takes to climb.  That's life, often enough real life.  I like Chang as a representative of that.  Jaded indifferent cold power unswayed by Baam and organizations and bored enough to poke his nose into what might give him a bit of a thrill.  But I don't think he's forgotten Koon taking his eye or losing to team TSY.  Without knowing more about his character I could see him motivated by revenge, or just battling someone he thinks is worthy, or Quatro's death.  I'm most curious as to why Koon thinks he can trust him.

I think that team Tangsooyok will walk his indipendent path from now on, the path toward Wangnan's destiny (I also think that Hwa Ryun will guide not only Viole, but him as well). Off course the 2 teams will stay in contact like Koon and Leeso.

I think a lot of posters here are hoping Baam will climb with Koon, Androssi, Rak and a handful of various others and expect everyone else to just sort of fall by the wayside.  I don't think it's going to go down that way at all. 

Refreshing, but stupid.  Hwa Ryun and Viole are about the only two non-guardians in the story who I could imagine actually being stone-cold crazy enough to actually double-cross FUG (note: happening right now...).  Now, if you'd said Quatro, I could almost see it happening. But Chang has been so damn snake-like since his introduction.  In both power and personality, he's the anti-Wangnan, and I think he'll become a recurring villain for poor Chirpy.

I'm not sure if it's that stupid. Maybe a tad ignorant of FUG's reach.  Also there's some degree of safety in the Regular system or Anak would be dead.  But IIRC Chang was given the narrative description of being cold and violent and Quatro was called nuts or mentally unstable.

No, I simply can't trust him.  At least until SIU tells us straight-up just how much Chang knew about Teddy on 28F, and where that intel came from.

Drawing a blank and can't find what you mean here.  What intel?

As far as FUG Rankers go, Karaka has got to be part of this somehow, right? SIU said that he would be showing up often in Part 2 (often for a Ranker http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Ch._108:_21F_-_FUG_(3)_-_FIN), so that leaves the Workshop Battle, doesn't it? Unless someone we've already met is Karaka, then he/she is on the ship and will become relevant soon. If Lero-Ro calls for back up, I imagine Karaka is going to bust out and we'll maybe finally get to see a full fledged Ranker battle? The teases from Yuri and Mazino give me really high expectations.

I'm hoping we'll learn more about the rings.  Not sure what to expect other than Karaka hanging in the wings.  Maybe he's the one cloaked with Rachel!?  LOL.  Maybe we'll see an encounter between Karaka and Reflejo or Jinsung.  I'm looking forward to that.  But I'm really looking forward to seeing how a Slayer stacks up against an actual Family head.  Seems too early but then Gustang's in the neighborhood.

Thank goodness too, so far all we have seen is Koon caught off guard, or thwarted... Now we'll finally get to see the Koon that we all know and love make a comeback.

I'm pretty sure Koon's been flying by the seat of his pants ever since Parakewl showed up.  Good thing he's a smartass.  I'm guessing Koon won't really come into his own until next season and he has a clearer idea of the pieces on the table.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

I think a lot of posters here are hoping Baam will climb with Koon, Androssi, Rak and a handful of various others and expect everyone else to just sort of fall by the wayside.  I don't think it's going to go down that way at all. 

I think that Baam future team will be something like this:

Baam

Koon    (i think that those 2 won't accept to be left behind no matter what)

Rak

Novick

Ran

Dan (if he won't stop climbing after the workshop battle)

Yuto

Xia Xia

Off course this is if Bamm doesn't decide to climb by himself to not endanger them or something...

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

I won't deny that I want this too (minus the falling by the wayside part), but for more reasons than just who I want Baam to climb with. I'm hoping to see Team Tangsooyook stay together after this arc is over. They're a family and should stick together. Of course, that goes out the window by necessity if some of them happen to get killed off.

Edited by Lester, 31 October 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I won't deny that I want this too, but for more reasons than just who I want Baam to climb with. I'm hoping to see Team Tangsooyook stay together after this arc is over. They're a family and should stick together. Of course, that goes out the window by necessity if some of them happen to get killed off.

More than anything, I want everyone Pro-Baam to live after this arc...Please SIU.

tumblr_inline_mjooyzwXVP1qz4rgp.gif

XrO2U3z.png

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

More than anything, I want everyone Pro-Baam to live after this arc...Please SIU.

tumblr_inline_mjooyzwXVP1qz4rgp.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens like this. SIU hasn't shown any inclination to massacre the cast up 'till now, after all.

Edited by Lester, 31 October 2013 - 02:18 AM.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Back on the soapbox again, as I am wont to do when I find that I have a lot to rail about.

As much as I like the idea of Teddy and Novick (especially Novick) kicking some ass, and imagine that they probably will defeat Pandit and Grobin here, I remain convinced that their plan is ultimately doomed to failure. It just removes all the tension from the rest of the arc if they succeed in liberating Viole this early on. I mean, we've had not even a hint of what several key players (most notably Androssi) are going to be doing in this, and so I can't imagine that we've quite yet reached the climax. Baam will have to remain in mortal peril until the very moment for him to get free and unleash Hell on someone. I still think Yuto is leading Horyang and Novick into a trap, and Reflejo and co. will be waiting to greet them on the other side of that door. In the end, I would much rather Baam break out of captivity on his own somehow anyway.

As for Novick, I was a bit surprised that Koon was his primary motivation for helping Viole. I had thought that he'd already basically fallen under Baam's 'spell' and become yet another of his fanatical devotees, particularly in light of his little exchange with Xia Xia during the Plug round. I suppose not, now.

Rak continues to be awesome, but I hope next week is the last of his major focus. I'd rather not have another Ran vs Anak scenario, and there seems to be so much ground to cover still.

Beta's naivete amused me, and ended up making me like him a lot more than I had previously. His falling for Rak and Yihwa's obvious lies and his complete lack of understanding of the scope of his own powers really drives home the sense of him being a broken child who doesn't truly know better than to do what he's doing right now, and heightens the possibility of him being redeemed somehow. In a way, he reminds me of what Prince was during the 20F episode.

I loathed the entire Wangnan and Quaetro bit. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive about this, but I was very bothered by Koon's acknowledgement of him as being the same type of magnetic hero character that Baam is. To me, what has made Baam so 'special' has not been his Irregular status or his ridiculous rate of growth or his unique shinsoo flow replication abilities, but rather his ability to bring people together in a world designed to drive them apart. Having Wangnan be gifted with this exact same attribute, to me, compromises Baam's uniqueness and diminishes his importance. I would much rather SIU had not chosen to go this route, but it is what it is now.

I hope to see some Androssi soon. I'm accepting of the fact that Baam needs to remain on the sideline for a time yet, but I want to see what the Princess is doing. I have a feeling that they're going to have to summon either her or Chang to deal with Beta when the Rescue Viole gambit fails for whatever reason.

Edited by Lester, 02 December 2013 - 03:19 AM.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I loathed the entire Wangnan and Quaetro bit. Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive about this, but I was very bothered by Koon's acknowledgement of him as being the same type of magnetic hero character that Baam is. To me, what has made Baam so 'special' has not been his Irregular status or his ridiculous rate of growth or his unique shinsoo flow replication abilities, but rather his ability to bring people together in a world designed to drive them apart. Having Wangnan be gifted with this exact same attribute, to me, compromises Baam's uniqueness and diminishes his importance. I would much rather SIU had not chosen to go this route, but it is what it is now.

i don't think wangnan has the same gift as baam otherwise he would have had a lot of friends back in 21th floor instead of being alone ,when baam was in 2nd floor he was weak but he made a lot of friends so why wangnan who was in the same situation in 21th couldn't do the same if they possess the same ability , i don't think he has the same gift as baam of bringing a lot of people together, he went far that he was willing to fail miseng back then , they are so different and plus the guy who formed tangasooyok team is none other than baam ,they begged him to take them with him.

to me this scene of koon praising wangnan is just foreshadow that when the teams split ,wangnan will lead tangasooyok team and quaetro and chang will join him since we can't have all of them follow baam.

Edited by salvatore, 02 December 2013 - 05:40 AM.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

i predict we see half the chapter dedicated to the traveler adventure Anak and Ran well help  and the rest well be on Wangnan

m5siUe7.jpg?1

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

i predict we see half the chapter dedicated to the traveler adventure Anak and Ran well help  and the rest well be on Wangnan

i don't think we will see wangnan for a while because there are a lot of things to cover , stealing the thorn or escaping from that place and a lot of fight scenes , it is a lot so imo we will see wangnan when baam also goes the summoning station.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

i don't think we will see wangnan for a while because there are a lot of things to cover , stealing the thorn or escaping from that place and a lot of fight scenes , it is a lot so imo we will see wangnan when baam also goes the summoning station.

i see your point then perhaps we see the continuation of Beta fight not really edger to see it but oh well

m5siUe7.jpg?1