Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sun Ken Rock Discussion

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts
@Lucyfer: I think you forget that there is an assassin hit team of 3 member of the hakuryuukei armed with war weapon currently making their way toward the place with the most rukus. Said place being where Ken and Ban Phuong fight.
I don't think their fight will end in an easy way but even if these guy don't interven I have confiance in Boichi for making something that will surprise me. He is one of the rare mangaka that still do as I've read way too many of them.

As for me overanalyzing, maybe, I can't really defend myself against that however I am sure of the fact that all of what I said there is true. Especially since I brought reasons and facts for almost all of them.

Boichi is someone with an awful lot of experience, he has written about 50 books as of now and is even currently publishing 3 manga, both in art and story. I know that he is skilled and experienced enought to put meaning in these chaps. I didn't spent 2 hours writting an essay on each chapters, what I wrote here is what came to mind on the first read.

Posted Image

Sun-Ken RockGunnmMemories of Enamon

Spoiler

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationArizona (or somewhere in the forest riding a unicorn)
Thanks Weaper - good chapter, just when his fight with Ban Phoeng is just about done the White Dragons show up. I think Yumin liked his fighting ability.

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania
It's girls time. They are not the guys who will wound a girl. I think we'll see Yumin taking care of them or Yumin + the 2 blondes after they'll put some clothes on them :P

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
C'mon... It's Boichi. Clothing for the women is optional this late into the arc lol
And even though the fight feels like it's dragging a bit, I still love how he's weaved the narrative throughout it, while opening up the characters. I love this stuff *_*

Chaosknight

Chaosknight

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
the later chapters feels more and more like dragon ball z, punch each other a few times, say a few lines, chapter over, see u next week!

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts
This fight has been going for waaayyy too long, glad it's over.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

ernabc

ernabc

Potato

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRomania

nice one.

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

I've been reading the comment section and it seems like I'm the only one pumped by the connection Sun-Ken Rock has with Wallman...

As far as I know, it's the first time that a single mangaka does 2 separate manga simultaneously with both on the same timeline but with a 5 years gap.

That 5 years gap contain the next and ultimate Sun-Ken Rock arc and as far as we know, only 1 character is present in both manga (for now): Nami.

The "cameos" those two manga mutually do to each others enhance the story farther then a single manga could ever do it. It's only a little heads up here and there but enough for the reader to KNOW that something happened, it'll be confirmed at the end of Wallman c7 that I'll soon release but enough spoil for now.

Also, I can't be the only one to hope a Ken VS Kuu showdown? We know that the White Dragon Clan "disappeared" in Wallman but there is no mention of the Sun-Ken Rock gang. BUT we know it's here, that something happened, like a ghost.

Anyways, I see so much potential in that set up that I could continue to talk to no end.

What do you guys think?

Posted Image

Spoiler

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

Yeah it seemed that the Sun Ken Rock gang is not around either and some smaller petty gangs are trying without success to gain supermacy, but it pointed said that the white dragon clan disappeared. 

Interstice

Interstice

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

weaper i thinck that sun ken gang definetely beatt the white dragon clan

but what would happen after that ?

my thoughts are

first of all we have to thinck about all  the things what happened at the beginning 

kens goal was to be together with yumin he wanted to become a police officer in korea 

pickaxe wanted to go back to his village with proud 

everyone had a little goal set in their mind 

i thinck after that 2-3 sun ken rock gang members will die in the war my thought(benito,do heun,maybe Marin)

tae soo could make korea a better place or something like that 

and we all know about ken 

HE will fuck Yumin 4sure hahahah

inzaratha

inzaratha

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 501 posts

Weaper - isn't the girl who was just introduced in the latest chapter of Sun Ken Rock one of the mc's of Wallman?   It's the same Nami, right, 5 years later? 

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

Weaper - isn't the girl who was just introduced in the latest chapter of Sun Ken Rock one of the mc's of Wallman?   It's the same Nami, right, 5 years later? 

Yes it is ;)

Posted Image

Spoiler

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

Pardon my ignorance, but chapter 128 announces the final arc? As in the finale? :(

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

Pardon my ignorance, but chapter 128 announces the final arc? As in the finale? :(

yep, it's going to go non stop until the end now

Posted Image

Spoiler

Aguirre

Aguirre

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

yep, it's going to go non stop until the end now

What of Wallman? will that be a short series or will it be as long as Sun Ken Rock?

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

What of Wallman? will that be a short series or will it be as long as Sun Ken Rock?

no, wallman is in a different magazine and will continue

Posted Image

Spoiler

Hellspawn120

Hellspawn120

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIn the closet :3

Too bad Benito is leaving the crew even more now that he is starting to fit in so well and look quite dependable...

sir-luffy

sir-luffy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Hay guys a couple of Q's

I stopped reading around Ch.85 (one of the best manga I ever read by the way :) )

how many arcs are ahead of me.

the number of the chapter latest arc ended at (i think 128 is the most resent one?)

Weaper

Weaper

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 242 posts

Hay guys a couple of Q's

I stopped reading around Ch.85 (one of the best manga I ever read by the way :) )

how many arcs are ahead of me.

the number of the chapter latest arc ended at (i think 128 is the most resent one?)

Chapter 128 opens the last arc.

I think that between chapter 85 and current, there is only 1 arc. so that would make a total of 2 left.

however that last arc should be a pretty lengthy one, I recommend you to read it as it comes out instead of waiting for it to be completed.

what's more, starting chapter 127, Sun-Ken Rock is connected to Wallman.

Wallman is Boichi's new manga happening 5 years in the future, after the end of Sun-Ken Rock.

Try it!

Edited by Weaper, 15 November 2013 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

Spoiler

sir-luffy

sir-luffy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Chapter 128 opens the last arc.
I think that between chapter 85 and current, there is only 1 arc. so that would make a total of 2 left.

however that last arc should be a pretty lengthy one, I recommend you to read it as it comes out instead of waiting for it to be completed.

what's more, starting chapter 127, Sun-Ken Rock is connected to Wallman.
Wallman is Boichi's new manga happening 5 years in the future, after the end of Sun-Ken Rock.
Try it!

Wallman, I was actually hesitating about reading it but if it's connected in any way to SKR then it's on my plan to read list

Thanks a lot you were a big help