Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Currygom: Health status, alerts and updates

Currygom Health Updates

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Currygom updates (before Manic Monday starts tomorrow :lol:):

Her blog icon is still a squashed Currygom (but not a Whitegom at least ^^), so she is clearly very tired out.

Her recent blog update:

Spoiler

All I understood was that something was falling down from the walls, and that she put some drafts away (because they were damaged or not good enough? Can someone please clarify this if possible??), and that she is tired out and not very happy. She seems to be working hard, and trying to beat the Webtoon deadline for Monday :blink: :wub: So let's hope for the best :lol:

Edited by Goobera, 26 May 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I tried to check on google translate too, and from what I understood is that she's nervous for the deadline, maybe she'll post the next chapter a late again.

This is what I got 

Grima too nervous to stick to the wall drafted, I heard a ripping off a broom trying to send out. Fall on the floor .... But as soon as You know, you know, that is one very quickly went into the bottom drawer ...;;; rather naatneunde to be here in my eyes ... looks wall geondeuryeoseo more nervous for nothing ㅠ ㅠ great.

Yaay for google translate's accuracy...  :batoto_029:  <_<

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Currygom seems to have posted some important update RIGHT NOW (and it is after midnight in Korea :blink:) I tried translating it, but I could not figure out what it was about, except that she is talking about a BREAK and the month June - unfortunately I cannot tell if she means "I planned to go on a break in June, but gave up on it" OR "now it is official, and I will have a full break from Kubera in June"???? Could some more experienced Korean interpreter/translator clarify this? :huh: :)

Here is the Korean text of this Me2Day update:

Spoiler

Edited by Goobera, 27 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Spoiler

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationWhere perverts reside and crazies roam~

Here is the Korean text of this Me2Day update:

Spoiler

okay in the beginning i think she says: finally finish now i can go to sleep without worry. and heres the direct translation
---------------------------------
 dont give away a time out in June guess 
--------------------------------------
i think currygom was saying that she planned to take a break but now decides to give up on that idea. at least thats how i interpret it ^_^

giphy.gif

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

I tried to translate the comments below her most recent update, and it seems EVERYONE is crying :( They are crying and wishing her good rest and good health, and being sad about something :( I don't think they would be crying if Currygom actually said "I postponed the break" :( But literally ALL her comments are full of "cry cry" icons, and everyone wishes her good luck, quick recovery and good health :(

So I really wanted to ask again for some experienced translator to clarify this, because I think that Currygom is indeed going on a break, probably already from the next chapter on since June starts next week???? (I hope not, the "Rift" Arc is not finished yet, and we got another patience wrecking cliffhanger at the end of the chapter today.. but of course I do not wish her to end in hospital, so may it be as is, as long as we at least get to know the details - how long will she be on the break, and when will it start, and is it already confirmed or still a "maybe"????)

Edited by Goobera, 27 May 2013 - 08:34 PM.

Spoiler

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

From what I get is that she's thinking about taking a break on June. Thought she said earlier that she wanted to finish the rift, so maybe she takes one when June's over in July then?

I looked for another translate site and this is what I got Finally, the Cup was a three-hour Saturday morning to drink it shall come to pass for 5 — Despite the rum cannot seem fine now reality blah blah blah blah blah you Kubera 3 books in November last year I've had, but pretty soon Jun Lim, blah blah blah blah blah Oh really flustered me blah blah blah blah blah now has time to give away I don't guess I'll come in June, blah blah blah blah blah blah

and another one Finally, the glass on Saturday, 3 hours in the morning I was little glass : 5 - Nevertheless he could not now either because the reality either because either because you either because 

Kubheka, book 3 last November, but I'll be grossly June Im Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin, I really do either because Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin time who should abandon 
In June, however, either because I'm either because Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin Quentin 

So she took a drink at 3 in the morning last saturday? She really needs to rest and she also talks about the release of vol 3 of Kubera, which was released in November last year and she says that June's around the corner and she's considering taking a break on that month.

I hope I got it right, I couldn't get anything else from the translation.

Edited by Dreamingflower, 27 May 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Thank you for helping out :) Which translating tools/pages did you use?

Oh well, we will see, if there is no chapter next Monday, and a big "closed for maintenance" sign in her blog, all will become (painfully) clear :( The only question left now is: Who the HELL is Quentin :blink: :lol:??

Edited by Goobera, 27 May 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Spoiler

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts

meh, i wish i could help :/ hopefully someone who know-ish korean can elaborate :lol:  lol Quentin xD indeed, what the hell is that or who is that? XD oh currygom~~~
btw thanks dreamingflower!!  :batoto_029:
  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029: 

giphy.gif

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

Gotta love Internet translation tools, they can say some of the funniest things. I wonder who Quentin is, too... :P

I was honestly surprised that she even produced a chapter, let alone one of such quality. I think its one of her better ones since the new season started. I just hope that she gets better... I wonder what she's sick with. It makes me worry... :(

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Thank you for helping out :) Which translating tools/pages did you use?

Oh well, we will see, if there is no chapter next Monday, and a big "closed for maintenance" sign in her blog, all will become (painfully) clear :( The only question left now is: Who the HELL is Quentin :blink: :lol:??

I used this site . It's much better than google translate. 

I think Quentin is supposed to translate into blah blah.

meh, i wish i could help :/ hopefully someone who know-ish korean can elaborate :lol:  lol Quentin xD indeed, what the hell is that or who is that? XD oh currygom~~~
btw thanks dreamingflower!!  :batoto_029:
  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029:  :batoto_029: 

XD np.

Posted Image

ApostBlack

ApostBlack

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts

I think what she says is along the lines of 'I haven't slept since 3 a.m. Saturday', or 'Last time I slept was on 3 a.m. Saturday' and all that she can manage right now is 5 lines for her comment (because she is sleepy?). Then she says that the previous volume (Vol. 3) of Kubera came out in November and we're already nearing June (implying that the next volume is late). She wonders what to do and I think she decided that she can't throw away precious sleep time, so the next volume will come out in June. Then something like 'there's no way the volumes will catch up to the webtoon'. The Quentin that keeps showing up is that repeated symbol in the raws, something like 'kukukuku'.

In conclusion, I think she didn't mention anything about a break in this post.

Random question: When did we find out that currygom is a woman? Are we assuming it or do we know for sure?

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

Who the HELL is Quentin  :blink: :lol:??

Quentin Tarantino, who else other than him? ^_^  

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I think what she says is along the lines of 'I haven't slept since 3 a.m. Saturday', or 'Last time I slept was on 3 a.m. Saturday' and all that she can manage right now is 5 lines for her comment (because she is sleepy?). Then she says that the previous volume (Vol. 3) of Kubera came out in November and we're already nearing June (implying that the next volume is late). She wonders what to do and I think she decided that she can't throw away precious sleep time, so the next volume will come out in June. Then something like 'there's no way the volumes will catch up to the webtoon'. The Quentin that keeps showing up is that repeated symbol in the raws, something like 'kukukuku'.

Random question: When did we find out that currygom is a woman? Are we assuming it or do we know for sure?

Thanks for clearing that up. At least the won't take a break yet. On one side it's good, because we still get new chapters, but on the other side. Currygom needs her rest... she hardly sleep omg. I can't afford staying awake for so long, I drop unconscious if i try.

Posted Image

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

She confirmed it in one of her Me2Day posts, I do not find the link right now, but Mizura posted the link to the Me2Day post in one of the forums, and after that I updated Currygom's profile in the Kubera Wiki :) I checked that post myself, and Google Translate was pretty clear on that one too (I did not believe it myself and even Mizura's assurance that it is true), it said something along the lines of "Yes, I am a girl, do you think girls cannot write good fantasy or adventure stories?" ^^

I hope your interpretation is true (as bad as it still is for Currygom to be that tired out and without sleep). I suppose if she goes on a real break she will be forced to post about it in her blog AND on Naver, so it will be very clear for everyone. But I am still worried, no sleep at all for several days, and then she collapses, while her schedules are always so tight :( The next chapter may be too late again, or she ends up in hospital if this goes on :( I do not mind any late chapters or breaks if this would help her in any way, but she already had this super long break of 6 months before, and now is struggling even more, I think the problem is REALLY the missing assistants :( She really needs help with the workload, because of the sophisticated story and art :(

Edited by Goobera, 28 May 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Spoiler

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts

yeah :/ she seriously need assistantsi remember on her blog some time ago, someone translated it and the blog said that she doesnt want one. that shes very particular on the coloring and shades :( (who ever was the one who translated, thanks) then recewntly some one said that on her blog (?) (could be in her twitter) currygom was now looking for  assistants. :lol: i really hope that its true and not mis interpreted on translating it. :mellow: (whoever was the ones who translat it, thanks)

giphy.gif

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I really hope she finds one soon. With that lack of sleep she must be staring at her bed a lot of times or even thinking about it while she draws.

Posted Image

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

yeah :/ she seriously need assistantsi remember on her blog some time ago, someone translated it and the blog said that she doesnt want one. that shes very particular on the coloring and shades :( (who ever was the one who translated, thanks) then recewntly some one said that on her blog (?) (could be in her twitter) currygom was now looking for  assistants. :lol: i really hope that its true and not mis interpreted on translating it. :mellow: (whoever was the ones who translat it, thanks)

There's nothing quite like a sustained period of sleep-deprivation to change your perspective and modify intense artistic convictions slightly. :P

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Insomnia is often a necessary ingredient for great art. The pianist Glen Gould would call his friends in the early morning hours spewing music theory. His friends would fall asleep and wake up two others later, with Gould on the other side of the phone still talking to himself oblivious the whole time...

Edited by Dried Seaweed, 30 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

I'm currently recovering from a bout of insomnia myself. <_< It sucks, having your parents yell at you at three in the mornings telling you to go to bed but you can't because you'll just lie there until about five and only sleep for maybe an hour before you have to get up for school. <_< Thank goodness I'm done with this school year as of today.  :lol:

I've come up with some pretty cool things while having insomnia, but it just isn't worth having everything else suck. <_<

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I need to try that. My fanfics are stuck due to the lack of inspiration... I filled like 6 or 15 pages and then I'm like; okay, how should this chapter continue or end?

Posted Image