Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Currygom: Health status, alerts and updates

Currygom Health Updates

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

NomenHicInserto

NomenHicInserto

Potato

• The Company
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow

It seems a lot of people are stoked about Book 4...but wouldn't Book 4 be all in Korean? So it would be meaningless to buy the book anyway?..or at least that's how I feel... unless there's a translated version then perhaps I would go buy one... 

Not at all meaningless. If I could, I would buy the books too. Although they'd be in Korean, I'd still want them. If I needed to, I can sticky-note the Korean text with English. Besides, that way, I'd have even more motivation to learn Korean. :P On top of that, the books contain extra stuff that I'd like.

"People only know what you tell them."

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I was checking blog.me today and it's fairly interesting post on cultural Marxism. From what I gathered, our dear author finds the popularity of Japanese slangs (like "What the hell?") and their creeping use in daily Korean usage discomforting. Our dear author doesn't watch anime (say what?) and she only saw a few with Korean dub when she's a kid. She's one of those people who don't get the lingo.

Note: Currygom often uses Korean to spell out English words like "character", "chapter", in addition to English names like "Kubera" ("Vera Cruz"), "Yuta" ("Utah"), etc. So guys who try to use machine translation feels the pain. 

Edited by 동사서독, 30 August 2013 - 09:40 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
How is Currygom doing lately, I mean did her health improve? Did she get any assistants finally o_o? I missed out on so much while I was in hospital >.<
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

How is Currygom doing lately, I mean did her health improve? Did she get any assistants finally o_o? I missed out on so much while I was in hospital >.<

No assistants as far as I know but I do believe she's doing better (at least, that she hasn't had to take a break). Hope you're doing better too.

She's still posting mostly afterword information on the blog. I think I saw a blog about the release of the Tomb Raider game (?) that she's excited about. Then of course, there was that sad post about not posting any additional information about magic which you already know about.

Edited by Old Man River, 24 January 2014 - 02:07 AM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
I am still frustrated over those alleged "fans", who attacked and hurt Currygom so much, that she stopped posting additional background Kubera info in her blog >.< I hope she will add those gems at least as extras in the printed books.. Which still does not make the books easier to obtain, and then they would still be in Korean......... (╥﹏╥)
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

curubb86

curubb86

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I am still frustrated over those alleged "fans", who attacked and hurt Currygom so much, that she stopped posting additional background Kubera info in her blog >.< I hope she will add those gems at least as extras in the printed books.. Which still does not make the books easier to obtain, and then they would still be in Korean......... (╥﹏╥)

eh? i haven't head about this? what happened?  :o

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

eh? i haven't head about this? what happened?  :o

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/5662-general-discussions-speculations-and-questions/page-101

Read from here.

curubb86

curubb86

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

D:<

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Just know that she has not been much... sensible on her blog posts. No talking about it, even partically anywhere? That is hard to do when the info was all for read.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
I wish she were more commercially greedy, then she'd want to spread all this information around to get everybody sucked into the world she created rather than want to hide it. :(

Speaking as a foreign fan, this is some serious culture shock to us, because the first thing foreign fandoms tend to do whenever a series becomes popular is to make a whole wikia page out of them. This is especially true for complicated series like Kubera, where such sites are used to help readers keep track and get more into the story. I mean, just have a look at the Naruto, My Little Ponies, Game of Thrones, even Tower of God wikia pages.

Some series go out of their way to increase reader immersion. Star Trek for example has its own Klingon language, and some fans actually learn it. J.K. Rowling made a whole book with trivia on the Harry Potter world. Conversely, fans go out of their way to immerse themselves in said world, just look at the number of fans making their own Naruto or MLP OCs. If there were more information on the everyday lives of Sura, I'm sure lots of fans would be making their own Sura OCs, but Currygom neither releases such info nor encourages OC creation in the KuCa (to my knowledge, anyway. There is a roleplaying section, but you're limited to humans I think? Anyway I never figured out how that works)

It's a pity, because readers who are more dedicated to the series and its world are much more likely to buy merchandise and such (which Currygom could be making more of, by the way). Which is why I'm saying that it's a pity that Currygom isn't greedier. Then she'd encourage any activity that would spread the popularity of her series. >_>

Please Currygom, won't you become a greedy pig?

Edited by Mizura, 25 January 2014 - 11:04 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Please Currygom, won't you become a greedy pig?

Considering that her work itself talks about the excessive effects of greed for power, and the disastrous affects it brings towards the user of that power, I'd say she wouldn't be writing this story if her integrity was even slightly compromised. The problem that she's dealing with is medieval and pre-capitalistic: love, romance, and struggle against Gods and fate, stories like the Iliad. She's a die-hard Kantian. She relies on the goodness of intentions and power of the inner will to get her message through. There is no chance in Agni's hell she'll jeopardize that with what she sees as nickels and dimes, so there's no need to try to influence her.

On the other hand, consider your example of Mr. Slave in Utero.  Mr. Slave in Utero is much more worldly and takes a different approach: he will engage with the ways of world even though if he understands the channels or means are not completely innocent. Besides, do slaves have a choice? He has no qualms about taking those nickels and dimes. He will draw for Samsung Corporation advertisements while making snooty remarks about the stranglehold of the Ten Families on the lives on ordinary slaves like himself. The danger of this, of course, is that the effectiveness of his message can and (I would argue has) been reduced: the violence that is suppose to shock and enrage is now turned to violence that entertains - a very tongue-in-check situation which I'm sure he realizes.

Edited by Old Man River, 25 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.