Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Currygom: Health status, alerts and updates

Currygom Health Updates

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Because of the recent happenings I thought it would be good to have one clear thread ONLY for all the updates and alerts regarding Currygom's health. I wish she would recover soon, and that she does not break down anymore, or does not have to go on holiday and skip the next weeks of updates - but we cannot expect miracles after all that happened up until now :(

So this thread is ONLY for Currygom health updates, and translations of any alert messages regarding her health and wellbeing :) Of course GOOD messages are very welcome too :)

Her recent Me2Day (Korean Twitter) updates were not very reassuring, she seems to have completely broken down 2 times during the most recent 2 weeks, and was feeling bad almost all this time (you can see her current mood/health from the icons next to the Korean text). I only hope she is resting right now, but we have to be patient and also support her - this means NO lamenting when she collapses (since no one can be blamed for collapsing due to unavoidable overwork), instead better information beforehand, so we all know she is having a hard time again :(

The most important Currygom related places:
1. Currygom's blog: http://blog.naver.com/currygom
2. Currygom's Me2Day (Korean Twitter): http://me2day.net/currygom
3. Kubera FanCafe (KuCa): http://cafe.naver.com/currykubera
4. The main Kubera Webtoon on Naver:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=131385&weekday=tue

640px-Leez-Healing-Transcendental-activa

Currygom's current blog icon shows a squashed Whitegom :(

Or maybe not a Whitegom yet, but clearly a collapsed Currygom...

582px-Currygom-turned-into-Whitegom-agai

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationWhere perverts reside and crazies roam~

ooh so im guessing the squash curry is better then white curry :lol:  thats good so when currygom takes the break she should be about 70% good? :huh:  well i just hope she will feel better and build up her health :batoto_001:  oh and goobera this is a good thread to make! thanks ^_^

giphy.gif

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

In of the the special chapter of Dr. Frost, I remembered that the author mentioned that a normal work week is 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. And only barely can he get it in time. I imagine it's something similar for Currygom.

An unlike that other Stewy artist who's probably better at bargaining, Currygom's too down-to-earth and has to do everything herself.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Hey folks, should we write to Naver to get them to assign a coloring assistant to Currygom?

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ It doesn't work that way though... this isn't really like Japanese manga, where each mangaka has a team of assistants, I get the impression that with Naver webtoons, the artists make arrangements themselves. Besides, Currygom said herself somewhere that she didn't want outside help.

Edited by Mizura, 16 May 2013 - 04:49 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

^ It doesn't work that way though... this isn't really like Japanese manga, where each mangaka has a team of assistants, I get the impression that with Naver webtoons, the artists make arrangements themselves. Besides, Currygom said herself somewhere that she didn't want outside help.

Hi Mizura do you have any idea how many Kubera readers there are at Naver , there are over 3000 English and Spanish speaking readers here at Batoto and at least another thousand or two , at the other English webb pages .

I remember when a DR .Who writer died in the midst of the Key to time story and they had to bring in a ghost writer to finish it , and have all ways wondered how it was realy going to end .

I just hope Currycom has a good set of notes , in case She really gets sick or North Korea does something NUTZ 

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Nope, no idea how many readers there are at all. We can see the number of votes (which can go over 25,000), but I imagine most readers are casual ones who don't vote. Kubera's fancafe has over 26,000 members (Tower of God's fancafe has close to 100,000 members), but again, that doesn't indicate the total number of readers.

I imagine there are at least several hundred thousand readers for Kubera in Korea, assuming most of them are too lazy to vote I only bother voting for 3 comics too.

Edited by Mizura, 16 May 2013 - 06:15 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Currygom's recent Me2Day posts seem to indicate that she has or is trying to get an assistant? o_O That would be fantastic :D That would bring back the super detailed chapters from the first season, they would not be missing or too late anymore, plus Currygom's health would maybe improve finally :D

Also she says something about feeling bad, and her blog icon is still a squashed Currygom (but at least not a Whitegom...) Let's hope for the best :)

Also, there seems to be a spoiler as well, she says something about...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Arkeus

Arkeus

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

And Yaksha Sura keep getting eaten by humans too...

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Attention: Sad news, but not too bad :(

Here is the original blog post in Korean:

Spoiler

Currygom just posted in her blog that she is late (chapter was given to Naver AFTER 06.00PM in the afternoon, which is their deadline). This means the new chapter will be out tomorrow around 10.00AM Korean time (in 10 hours counting from right now, which translates to different times according to where you live).

She also apologizes many times, and says she is VERY worn out, and was even thinking about adding a Goobera or Q&A chapter this week. But she thought this is impossible given the current storyline. She says she will (maybe) add a "special chapter" at the end of the "Rift" Arc, and then "will be resting a bit" :(

There was also the possibility of Currygom getting an assistant, so I am not too gloomy, but of course if her health is this bad she should avoid the worst (hospital etc) :(

Update: It is actually OUT, despite being late :D
comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=131385&no=148&weekday=tue

So basically, Currygom was too late, but Naver posted it in time anyway :D
However this never happened before so far...
It is not 1st April, it was not a joke, so it is only correct to announce what she wrote in her blog >.<
Currygom would never just casually post that she is late, only to have it posted in time anyway :(
Worst publicity ever...

Edited by Goobera, 20 May 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Spoiler

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Currygom's recent Me2Day posts seem to indicate that she has or is trying to get an assistant? o_O That would be fantastic :D That would bring back the super detailed chapters from the first season, they would not be missing or too late anymore, plus Currygom's health would maybe improve finally :D

Also she says something about feeling bad, and her blog icon is still a squashed Currygom (but at least not a Whitegom...) Let's hope for the best :)

Also, there seems to be a spoiler as well, she says something about...

Spoiler

I remember vaguely that somewhere it was mentioned that Yama fell in love with a married woman and he broke the *death rule* or whatever you should call it, to bring her dead husband back. After that he became the strict no rule breaking strike god we know. 

@Goobera: I thought she would take a rest this week, so I was quite surprised when I saw the new chapter.

Edited by Dreamingflower, 20 May 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Some of Currygom's updates are at least funny :D

Spoiler

I think I know an answer to that question, involving a glass, a newspaper and an open window... ^^

Edited by Goobera, 21 May 2013 - 07:34 PM.

Spoiler

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Some of Currygom's updates are at least funny :D

Spoiler

I think I know an answer to that question, involving a glass, a newspaper and an open window... ^^

Hoti Indra AKA bug Zapper  ,Bhavati Varuna AKA freeze spay , now illegal Freon spray in a can used to chill electronics , or rowdy insects , knocks the most persistent and OBNOXIOUS out of the air by icing their wings :mad: 

Edited by battradio, 22 May 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Hoti Indra AKA bug Zapper  ,Bhavati Varuna AKA freeze spay , now illegal Freon spray in a can used to chill electronics , or rowdy insects , knocks the most persistent and OBNOXIOUS out of the air by icing their wings :mad: 

You forgot Hoti Yama: when you absolutely, positively have to use... a means to switch every telemere to "off" using highly dangerous, ad hoc genetic engineering of some description (possibly via air born means). :lol:

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Currygom's recent Me2Day updates recap:

Spoiler

She talks about Yaksha - he apparently looked like a 12 year old boy, white hair, blue eyes, only non human trait was the tail. He was a BIG enemy of Asura, fought against him at least once and even to the brink of killing him. Very friendly towards humans.

Then there is something incomprehensible about Shuri and Sagara (maybe a more experienced translator can clarify that?)

Then she seemingly says that there will be no Kubera special chapter (??) This would mean that she will (probably/maybe) just go on a break AFTER the "Rift" Arc is finished :unsure:

And then there is something about Ian and Taksaka, and how Taksaka never hit Ian on purpose?? (but he did injure her unwillingly when Vishnu's earrings were removed from his ears...) I only understood a part of it, so here a more experience translator could also help ^^ Maybe Currygom is distanicg herself from "violence against women", as in "I never endorsed violence against women in my story, I just wrote that Taksaka was indifferent when his Vishnu earrings were removed" (??)

Spoiler

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

Thanks for taking time and translating those entries Goobera.

I wish I could at least help. 

I translate with google translator Currygom's updates, but it always translates nonsense :(

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

If Asura and Yaksha were enemies, It seems likely than the 2 clans were also opposed between them.

But I'm surprised enough, because the Yaksha clan seem enough friendly, and Asura doesn't seem agressive either, leaving Taksaka in peace after the fights with his fellows. But on the other hand, he was ready to attack Vritra, only to pay his debt at Taksaka, and the members of his clan seem to like fighting.

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationWhere perverts reside and crazies roam~

damn so when currygom goes on a break we wont have any goobera  :unsure: oh and did she say how long the break is? i know it'll be at least a week.
thank you goobera for translating and letting us know :batoto_023:

giphy.gif

Khern

Khern

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

It is important that she takes good care of her wealth, I don't won't the one who makes us sweet dreams destroy themselves for getting on times on their releases..

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

I don't think that's what she's saying. She's telling people not to predict the direction of the second part from the first part alone. The special edition which she did over her vacation is not the whole story.

At least, that's my rendition of it.