Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

*sighs* big time relief! im super glad the point came across, and they both realized their feelings for each other even though saki is in love with kousaka. i think madarame will take a step forward and maybe even find himself someone *hint hint* ....angela?
Where can you read the first 55th chapters?
Madarame ;_; I'll use that line when I confess! I promise!
guys...guys... spoiler tag please...
guys...guys... spoiler tag please...
http://vatoto.com/read/_/134272/genshiken-nidaime-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-ii_v13_ch80_by_anonymous-spore/25
This page breaks my heart T-T I've always shipped those two.
Posted ImageI must go to Spotted Flower to recover now.
SHIET! That's more epic than I've imagined 1 month before!
I mean I know Madarame will confess and Saki will reject then Madarame will freed from his long one sided love, but the way Kio tells them just plain awesome.

Saki and Madarame, you two have show me an epic romance story. Most respect to Saki for holding four whole years with fear she hurt Madarame all this time, her tears when Madarame saying he feels refresh after being dumped just made me teary. Saki you good girl ;_;

I guess this time we all can agree that Madarame will became more awesome than ever?
problem with hato x mada is that they're (supposedly) both etero.
arguably hato might be bi or homo but there's really no indication that mada's anything oher than straight.
@Soma I'd say Saki's statement of

"There might have been a future like that."

is referring to Spotted Flower. Just like her words console Madarame, Spotted Flower consoles him (or the readers rooting for Saki x Madarame) by exploring what could have been. It'll never happen in the main canon, though.

AND WE'RE ALL ROOTING FOR HATOxMADARAME ANYWAY.
Everything is gonna be all right, Madarame Posted Image
i vote for madarame to have a harem to cure his brocken heart
"A Spotted Flower."

I don't mean to be that guy, but...did Kio-sensei just allude to a Madarame x Saki ending?
OMG that was like the best confession EVER!!!! (no sarcasm intended)

Jesus, this is gold.
I feel like he should have gone with what he was saying in his head. Would have been alot more touching, but I guess thats not who he is. Guess now Hato can move in for the kill.
Eat it, Hammer.

Spoiler
I feel satisfied how that went down. It takes real guts to say something like that out loud.
Uuuuu, this chapter. Kouta Hirano knew it back in volume six, but now we all know.

Posted Image
i rather enjoy spotted flower (re-read just now), now i can totally see how it can be a sequel-like story, still i doubt it will happen in the main story (seem the author want to give us a parallel world sort of or just want to troll us), anyway cant wait to read more >.<
Chill hammer, everyone have their own opinion and it's okay I think.
I think I agree with you that confess to your friend's girlfriend is not good at all, I think he just need to move on and find new love.

But this is Madarame we're talking about, he still hold his feeling to Saki and unable to move on, he still cling to that little hope. Like Keiko said in minesweeper chapter, Madarame never had his heart broken, he never got a complete love rejection that's why he still there. He's an idiot and have no head for this, that's why he running away. Keiko was right.
I think if he can't move by his own then it's his friend job to get him done, Kousaka and Saki understand it well that's why they participate in this.

I guess that's what Kio tried to tell the reader that even otaku is not foreveralone guy, they have friends they can rely on, rather than keep it alone and think "it's okay" while it's not.
And the running away/escape thingy is not our delusion, see the chapter title? Last Escape.
WTF are some of you talking about Madarame releasing his demons or running away. This shit was already settled at the end of the first one. He's man enough or being the bigger person if you will to one, not humiliate himself knowing that Saki loves Kousaka and two, not do that to his friend. Or are some of you saying you yourselves are major league douchebags that you would confess to your friend's girlfriend? The demon and running away garbage is just your own delusions and obviously have read too much of that Spotted Flower thing.
Agree with anon, it's more like a help for Madarame to let his feeling out without regrets anymore. I hope he did good next chapter, though personally I think he and Saki won't be together looking how Kousaka and Saki match each other ....

also, did Kousaka have special power or something to be able to figure the whole thing based on Saki and Keiko's appearance? he even told Sasahara to leave and Madarame to stay put. my respect for him going up~ >,<
After this, don't you think the sequel is Spotted Flower? Coz I've always been paranoid about that.
PLG, the reason was already outright stated in this chapter. Think of it less as harassment or meddling and more like helping someone who can't help themselves. Madarame is stuck in a rut and has been for years. The entire point of his development thus far in Nidaime has been that he has not developed at all. He's kept running away. Even his final solution to his problem, which he told to Hato back in chapter 72, is running away. It wouldn't provide catharsis, just regret and heartache. This is even something that Madarame himself considered back in the first series, but could never muster the courage to do.
Well, I see your point Liar. But at the same time I can't help feeling somewhat like HammerU89 about this. Where do you draw the line between "friendship" and "harassment"? Is there no value in minding your own goddamn business and letting someone have their privacy and a few shreds of their dignity?
For that matter, is it always so important to leave the past behind? Is it not a peculiarly modern, North American preoccupation to avoid regret and melancholy at all costs? I myself tend to think it's good to make the confession, let healing begin and move on, and I've advised people to do just that (because they asked for my advice) and seen it work out. But I'm not so confident I know better than other people what's good for them that I'd force someone into it.
Personally, I like this.

I think it's time for Madarame to finally face his demons and leave the past behind him. You can tell that he clings to his feelings for Saki and even acknowledges how much he is failing to actually "graduate" from the Genshiken. This is a good step for him. If he is able to get his feelings across in the open, then perhaps something good may come of it. For all we know, she may actually reciprocate. Overall, if Madarame clears this hurdle, he will be magnificent.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics