Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.71 - 388votes)

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Alt Names: alt เพลงรักสองหัวใจalt 四月は君の嘘alt 四月是你的谎言alt Dustamu di Bulan Aprilalt Nisandaki Yalanınalt Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usoalt Tu Mentira en Avrilalt You Lie in April
Author: Arakawa Naoshi
Artist: Arakawa Naoshi
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningComedy ComedyDrama DramaMusic MusicRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeTragedy Tragedy
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Piano prodigy Arima Kosei dominated the competition and all child musicians knew his name. But after his mother, who was also his instructor, passed away, he had a mental breakdown while performing at a recital that resulted in him no longer being able to hear the sound of his piano even though his hearing was perfectly fine. Even two years later, Kosei hasn’t touched the piano and views the world in monotone, and without any flair or color. He was content at living out his life with his good friends Tsubaki and Watari until, one day, a girl changed everything. Miyazono Kaori is a pretty, free spirited violinist whose playing style reflects her personality. Kaori helps Kosei return to the music world and show that it should be free and mold breaking unlike the structured and rigid style Kosei was used to.

Nominated for the 2012 Manga Taisho Award.

Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (2013).
Go to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Highschool New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 5 Replies
Topic [SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion New Window svines85
  • 22 Replies
Topic why did this Manga end so soon? New Window HidekazuX
  • 8 Replies
Topic *SPOILERS* Raw discussion New Window Zortez
  • 15 Replies
Topic Good classical music to read with this New Window RedSaber
  • 5 Replies
Topic Please, translate the manga to spanish New Window Endark
  • 1 Replies

793 Comments

black-guy-clapping.gif

Just NOMINATED for the Manga Taisho 2012 award?  The winner damned well better be the new Japanese Shakespeare or my cynicism about artistic awards committees will become absolute.  Incredible manga: art, story, pacing, characterization.  Well done, Arakawa Naoshi Sensei, and well done Easy Going Scans.  Thank you for bringing us such a beautiful and well drawn/written manga.  Definitely top of the line.

Silver spoon won the 2012 manga Taisho award, even thought it is not a japanese Shakespeare the manga still merited that award :) .
Damn it dude. Why did Kaori have to die? Why didn't piece of shit Tsubaki didn't die ? Ending is somewhat okay but I really wanted to see Kaori at the end of the serie.

Source please. A lot of things happening for this series like the anime finishing this week, OVA (apparently original story) bundled in last manga volume, and a "miracle" that will be revealed on Friday from the website anime website.

Cant wait for that miracle, maybe its in form of Duex ex.

Just NOMINATED for the Manga Taisho 2012 award?  The winner damned well better be the new Japanese Shakespeare or my cynicism about artistic awards committees will become absolute.  Incredible manga: art, story, pacing, characterization.  Well done, Arakawa Naoshi Sensei, and well done Easy Going Scans.  Thank you for bringing us such a beautiful and well drawn/written manga.  Definitely top of the line.

finally we know the meaning of "Your Lie in April"... *tears gushing out*

:batoto_019:

Really solid tragedy manga. A bit cliched at times but still a great read. It wasn't as emotionally gripping as other series I have read but it can still cause a twinge in the heart strings. I would rate a solid 4/5 for me.

Source please. A lot of things happening for this series like the anime finishing this week, OVA (apparently original story) bundled in last manga volume, and a "miracle" that will be revealed on Friday from the website anime website.

Top section, bottom blue text where the BD is mentioned.

Spoiler

It's a beautiful ending, if bittersweet.

But don't forget; the ride isn't quite over. There is still a CODA extra chapter that comes with the bluray. Hopefully that will make its way here one day soon.

A great ending to a good story. Once again the author chose a fantastic piece of music (Chopin Ballade No. 1 Op. 23) to accompany the finale. If you haven,t read the end yet, I highly suggest reading while you listen to it.

*sniffs*

I hope you all will forgive me if I shed a tear or two....

A very good ending.

There were some things about the series that were not my cup of tea to be sure, but the ending was a strong one.

Many thanks to Easy Going Scans for seeing this through to its completion. :)

It's a beautiful ending, if bittersweet.

But don't forget; the ride isn't quite over. There is still a CODA extra chapter that comes with the bluray. Hopefully that will make its way here one day soon.

3ZnaE.gif

A goddamned masterpiece. The only drawback is that I can't give this more than 5 stars. 12/10.

It almost feels cliche to always have the ending refer to the beginning, but seriously, that closing line...

And that cartoony art style when kid Kaori switched to the violin was really powerful somehow. And I knew she had a deeper connection with Kousei than Watari, but the reveal still hit hard. And those kids she got to start playing and Kousei's peaceful demeanor and that rhythm of funny and touching scenes and just...ahh man, such a great ending.

let's have a miracle in the anime using the #君嘘応援 in twitter

http://www.kimiuso.jp/nodame/

God dammit. I'm crying as I type this. Those 3 "I love you"s really really hit me where it hurts. 

Why couldn't she have survived? The letter could still be exactly the same, but in the end, he could walk into her room, and she could say "You're late"

Lol, when Kashiwagi revealed where she got her wisdom about love, I spit out a bit of rice.

But, putting that aside, NUUUOOOOO!!!!

Damn it, I had a lot of things to say, but the moment I finished reading the chapter, the words disappeared and all I was left with were tears... Yeah, don't worry, I was trying to cut up some onions... Didn't turn out too well.

Bwaaaa!

That is! We all knew what was coming. Just like life, everybody should keep going and all that remains is memories.

Goodbye, Kaori. 

Thank you Easy Going Scans! Great job!

Thank you for the ride, this manga really is a masterpiece in his kind, I'd be sure to keep it in mind, kinda reminded me of sakamichi no Appolon by the musical aspect, expect that Kimi no Uso is way better from a psychological point of view IMO. Thanks a lot Easy Going Scans !

WHY THE F**K DO THE AUTHOR INSERT SOMETHING FROM BYOSOKU 5 CM THERE??!!!!

*still crying*

And the I just got the exact same reaction by watching/reading both ending, the weird feeling of wanting to cry really-really hard but just can't do so mmm...

them feels. a great ride this one is.

thanks for the translation.

gut wrenching pain... so thats what it feels like

107365-lie-down-try-not-to-cry-cry-a-2Gi

great ending for a great manga!

I'm just sad that it had to end =*(

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics