Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.54 - 210votes)

Aphorism

Alt Names: alt Ahorismalt アホリズムalt 杀戮箴言aphorismalt 格言alt 格言aphorismalt 殺戮箴言alt Афоризм
Author: Kujo Karuna
Artist: Kujo Karuna
Genres: Fantasy FantasyHorror HorrorPsychological PsychologicalSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Naraka High School is a seemingly normal school. However, unknown to the public is the cruel truth of what really goes on in the school's halls. Rather than studying, students are forced to struggle for their very survival. And the strong bonds of friendship may be the only difference between life and death.
Go to Aphorism Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments
The following content is intended for mature audiences and may contain sexual themes, gore, violence and/or strong language. Discretion is advised.

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic What type of Character power do you want to have in this manga?(if you like you can also explain it and if you want it to have it in real life) New Window ZuiyaXDX
  • 76 Replies
Topic What are you say on what the true god looks like? New Window Haruto Kirishima
  • 4 Replies
Topic This is when I call BS in plot development. New Window tut_01
  • 4 Replies
Topic What happened? (SPOILER) New Window Suwa
  • 6 Replies

326 Comments

This fake yama is getting old real quick. In my opinion; he's the kind of villain that gets killed for being irritating rather than being evil or effective. 

I can name five series off the top of my head that ended with an "end of part 1" and then never had a part 2, and probably a few more if I actually think about it. Unless it explicitly says a part 2 is coming, it usually just means the series was canceled and the author didn't have a good way to end it.

I'd like to know those 5 series (I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm really curious now). But I fear this can be true. That or there will be a season 2 like the breaker and rosario+vampire.

Just an update for those who follow this.

Ch. 64, 65, 66 are all translated and waiting to be proofread and typeset. Ch. 69 is the last chapter of the Kingdom arc, so stay tuned.

4/4: 64, 65, 66, 67 are all proofread!

4/6: 68 is done, sent for PR.

4/7: 69 is done, sent for PR. 70 is also done (super short), sent for PR.

4/8: 65-68 have been PR-checked, sent for TS and Cleaning.

4/16: Everything up to 71 is done and PR'd (All of volume 13)! (I.e. Poke Waterflame now)

*waves* 

I'm currently the TLer working on Aphorism for Waterflame. Ch. 64 is relatively humdrum, but from 65 and onwards, it really starts to heat up, so I'll try and start getting them out on a more frequent basis. 

If you have any questions or comments about the translation, you can ask it here. Aphorism is really rich in terms of language, and so when I try to preserve the accent of a particular word or saying, it may sound awkward in English. Not to mention there's a high degree of formality, which is just as hard to send forth into English. 

Last cover!!

81d9P5%2BWtoL.jpg

What are you talking about? It says "End of the first season". Nothing is resolved. More questions brought forth.

Which means that the author is planning to take an hiatus and come back with a second season in a year or two.

I can name five series off the top of my head that ended with an "end of part 1" and then never had a part 2, and probably a few more if I actually think about it. Unless it explicitly says a part 2 is coming, it usually just means the series was canceled and the author didn't have a good way to end it.

Aphorism has ended, with 81 chapters.

What are you talking about? It says "End of the first season". Nothing is resolved. More questions brought forth.

Which means that the author is planning to take an hiatus and come back with a second season in a year or two.

Thanks for the info. Was it axed or that was what the author originally had in mind?

FUUUUCK FAKE YAMA!

HATE YOU!

I'm eventually going to read it from the start to finish again.  I've done it a few times but I always forget by the time it gets scanlated again.  

I've always thought the art-style was excellent in this.  

Bless the people scanlating this now, it's one of the best series and would be way more popular if it had a group that was releasing chapters semi-regularly. A person can hope but I'm just glad someone's picked it up at this point. 4 for you guys and can't wait for more. Thanks!!

Well...poop. I forgot the whole plot. I'm just weary since this manga won't be updated regularly, I'll forget everything again...PERFECT EXCUSE TO REREAD
-stretches and sighs-

This series would probably be easier to read if it were more popular/updated more frequently. Welp can't be helped.
Another thing is that I like the premise and I see potential in the direction/development but it's executed.....blandly?
I don't know. I've read the raws and can't wait for certain chapters to be translated so I'll stick around but at least it's somewhat more fun than reading textbooks lol

P.s. You have all my kudos waterflame scans ouo)b
I honestly don't know if I want to keep reading this or not. The direction it's going in is just so...boring to me. I keep having to retread just to remember everything, but end up forgetting. But anyway, an update is nice to see.

Thank you so much for the update!  It looks great, btw!

Aphorism update --> God is good all the time.

Not the God in the manga lol

No criticism, nice chapter cat and you don't suck at redrawing, not by my standards

thanks Cat!

Oh this manga...! I've always wanted to read it but every time I went on this page only to find that it had been dropped by the scanlators or whatever. I'll bookmark it and give it a shot. Thanks to whoever is scanlating this now :)

omg ty so much for picking this up.... <3 waterflame

i think i lost count how many times i had to reread this manga before remembering anything (which i still don't) :'D

To be honest, I had completely forgotten what this series was when I saw it in my follows, and had to read the description to realize what it was... looks like I need to reread also.

3 chapters?! is this real life?!

Fortunately it's no fantasy~☆
I thought I'd be old and grey when I'D ever see this manga again
Wow haven't read this since 2013.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics