Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * - (4.38 - 437votes)

Hayate no Gotoku!

Alt Names: alt ハヤテのごとく!alt Hayate the Combat Butler
Author: Hata Kenjiro
Artist: Hata Kenjiro
Genres: Action ActionAdventure AdventureComedy ComedyDrama DramaHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen ShounenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Ayasaki Hayate, 16, the world's unluckiest boy.
Working hard as a child for food and school fees, his unemployed and indebted parents sold him to the yakuza for his internal organs. After temporarily escaping the criminals and contemplating the benefits of a life of crime, he was saved by a wealthy young girl, who now employs him as a live-in butler.
Go to Hayate no Gotoku! Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Hayate manga download New Window ash111
  • 1 Replies
Topic missing chapter New Window firathmagi
  • 0 Replies
Topic Hayate no Gotoku [spoilers] New Window defry
  • 3 Replies
Topic Have you viewed the anime? New Window Baltringue29
  • 6 Replies
Topic I really can't understand Hayate's preference... New Window S&Mplayer
  • 11 Replies
Topic Why do you enjoy this series? New Window rockingoldensamurai
  • 8 Replies

3443 Comments

This ending is worse than I ever imagined it would be... Those last pages ruined it. Everything else was fine. Even with that cut in Hina's moment, it would've been better than what we got.

Spoiler

Ending doesn't touch on enough people and feels rushed. Did I miss the Maria's origin being explained somewhere?

It's entirely possible that a manga like this that goes on for so long is such a directionless monstrosity that Hata doesn't even remember enough details to be able to fill in the plot holes. I think it just goes to show that even if an artist is given all the time he wants to end his manga, it doesn't mean he's going to be able to do a better job than someone who had been canceled the week before.

Ending doesn't touch on enough people and feels rushed. Did I miss the Maria's origin being explained somewhere?

Bad End.

Not Worst End, but definitely Bad.

His parents weren't even murdered. Jeez. That's almost as bad as the now 19 year old Hayate hooking up with the now 16 year old Nagi. They should've made at least 5 years pass if Hayate wasn't gonna be a pedophile.

Wow 3 years difference, stop the presses

In my perhaps-prejudiced version of events, the ending is that

Spoiler

Bad End.

His parents weren't even murdered. Jeez. That's almost as bad as the now 19 year old Hayate hooking up with the now 16 year old Nagi. They should've made at least 5 years pass if Hayate wasn't gonna be a pedophile.

Age of consent in Japan is 13. Age of Marriage is 16 for girls 18 for boys. That's according to the Constitution.

FUCK YOUUUUU HATA FUCK YOU AND THAT FUCKING BAIT AND SWITCH ARRRRGH

F##k this shipping at the end! Why, I mean why?

Totally satisfying end. HnG was one of  the first manga I picked up and started reading, what, 10 years ago? I still have the first 8 tankoban sitting on my closet shelf. I suppose Hata sensei can now concentrate on his new series which hasn't had an update in months.

THE

END

THANK YOU FOR READING

I would prefer 1 or 2 more epilogue chapters but I'm actually pretty satisfied with the ending.

So what happened to Maria again?

Spoiler

Well that's simple
Spoiler

on another side on why i think hayate survived
Spoiler

That was a long ride, nice for what it is, thank you!

So what happened to Maria again?

Bad End.

Anyone knows the rest? These are the only ones I found so far.

Astrogation - Nana Mizuki
Butterfly - Digimon Adventures Opening? Durarara 2nd Ending? Not sure which one.
Skyclad Observer - Steins;Gate Ending
A Love Fleeting Yet Everlasting - Gundam 00 season 2 Opening
Vermillion - Bokurano Ending?
Paradisus Paradoxum - Re:Zero  2nd Opening
The Wrath of God, in All It's Fury - Evangelion 3,33 OST song
Forbidden Resistance - Cross Ange opening
To the Beginning - Fate Zero second opening
Thank You, Baby - ?????
Oath Sign - Fate Zero first opening
Broken Mirror - Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 5th Ending
Liberi Fatali - Final Fantasy VIII
To The Promised Land - Final Fantasy VII Advent Childen
Cruel Angel's Thesis - Neon Genesis Evangelion
It's All For Loving You - ???
Someone Loves You - ???
Beyond The Time - Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack Ending
When you wish upon a star - ???
There is something I want to tell you below this infinitely vast starry sky - ???

Now you can retire to your maths :D

Haha, if only :D Still have one other series left to do before retiring ;)

finally it's come to end

at least his parent get some good beating

Thus the manga's final chapter has been released. Hope you like it, although the end is not the most satisfying one.

Now you can retire to your maths :D

Thus the manga's final chapter has been released. Hope you like it, although the end is not the most satisfying one.

Woah. I come back to Batoto after some good 3-4 years and I see updates on this. What's awesome is that it's almost finished. If anyone would like to help me find where I left off, I left off when they were competing in comiket. When past lover becomes a loli. Somewhere around there.

You are about where Viz is currently printing the manga - volume 29, which is YEARS ago when it was released in Japan. Volume 29 starts with chapter 306. That may help you get a bit of a refresher, if you've already read that part. But that's when Athena was Ah-tan and Ruka and Nagi were getting ramped up for their doujinshi competition. Volume 28 is when Ruka is introduced.

Woah. I come back to Batoto after some good 3-4 years and I see updates on this. What's awesome is that it's almost finished. If anyone would like to help me find where I left off, I left off when they were competing in comiket. When past lover becomes a loli. Somewhere around there.

We all seem to forget that there are more than one kinds of love.  And Nagi does not need to reliquish ALL types of love.  she won't have the love that is forced due to loyalty to a paycheck; she won't have the love that comes from gratitude or misunderstanding. 

But Maria loves her as a friend and Hayate loves her as a brother.  My guess is that in the final chapter she will learn that the true and most wonderful love comes without those types of "add ons" and Hayate will return to her life as her brother from a different mother.

Nonetheless, I do hope that Hayate's parents to after Hisui and bleed her dry.

Oh, Oh better yet, the key was fake!  bahahahahaa

Spoiler

This page is full of possibilities

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics