Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

i feel like pushing madarame into a volcano....

Hrm.

Well, that felt completely forced. Almost as if his editors, publisher, and a government official all interceded to stop him or something. Sheesh.

The author should not pull a Rame when writing about Rame pulling a Rame. -_-

I've been waiting for the translation of this disappointment of a chapter. I'm very grateful for this, and it's not the fault of the translator, but... man I didn't expect anything, and I was still let down. I was prepared for this but still...

At least the arc is finally over! I think it's safe to say that Yoshitake embodied everyone's feelings, an ocean's worth of salt and all

...KuchiMada is the only ship that matters now... 

After all these years, the harem plot line is finally over

Tune up in 3-5 years when the author comes back for GENSHIKEN SANDAIME.

Good.

This is exactly how it should have turned out.

1410_6433.gif

I think the entire "going out" thing is obscuring the most important point. In terms of "sit down and have a few beer with" none of the other harem candidates can beat Hato for novelty. 

Schmex, even warm fuzzies iz over-rated.

Spoiler

GET THE DICK!! GET THE DICK!! GET THE DICK!!

Come on "Resurrection of K"... that K's gotta be for Kasukabe right? Go Madarame, make that Spotted Flower future cannon!!!

Edit: Oh btw, Kasukabe is Saki's family/last name and the name which Madarame always addresses her if any one missed that.

Oh and if that Spotted Flower ending is real the ending we are heading toward, my personal wish is that Keiko ends up with Kousaka as well. Hope the author agrees and we get some kind of awkward meeting of ex's or at least a sit down between Saki and Keiko in a Spotted Flower chapter.

You're pretty much right, but I don't think she's purposely being an asshole to spite Madarame, but instead, to help Yajima. If Madarame picks Hato, Yaji gets to move on with her life. If Madarame doesn't pick Hato, Yaji gets a chance to make her move.

Still, Yoshitake has been selfish this entire time, and I've gotten tired of Youshitake's attitude. She's the half the reason why all the other girls are emotionally (aside from keiko) disturbed. Yoshitake doesn't really care about the rest of the Genshiken, she's been pushy for Madarame to chose but she throws things around like a joke. I don't like Yoshitake and never have. While she is realistic, she's too pushy.

If I don't get my Madarame x Sue I'll be pissed!

Uhh it never ends! Madarame is just gonna bail out and choose the life of a single... 

This is the 21st century.  Nobody can stop you from being homophobic in the dark little nooks and crannies of your mind, but it's something you're supposed to be ashamed of and shut up about.

IT'S CURRENT CENTURYYYYYYYY

HATTTOOOO FORRRR THEEE WIIIINNNN!!!!!

Just take Hato already, i mean its so obvious that, that's whats going to happen. Everything that's happened so far has put alot of emphisis on Hato and his struggles, so if the story went any other way i'd really be surprised.

Until this chapter it seemed obvious, but now it's all up in the air again: he totally backtracked this episode when he realized that maybe he doesn't want to be the "uke" no matter how other people have tagged him as one. If the harem is just a substitute for Saki, as Keiko announced and (note) he did not deny, then none of them are the answer: he needs to go after Saki.

Well, whatever happens, this chapter pointed out something important: Madarame still has a thing for Saki. He's not over her, so is any choice he makes legit? Can anyone accept being the rebound? This whole harem thing has been a dodge. He can't choose because he doesn't really love any of them deeply, including Hato.

He needs to man up and go after Saki for real this time, that's my opinion. 

You must be kidding meeeeeee

Oh fuck this shit.

DAMMIT, Grab them udders!

I honestly don't even care who he picks but can we move on?
I'd rather have a Sasahara focus again.

Madarame, say you won't choose any of them already. He's not in love with them, he's in love with the idea of being with them because of the niche they represent. But he's still an otaku who can only truly 2D (besides Saki).

61738186.jpg

Me either - thank you very much for the reminder. Point of fact, I don't think the harem was disrupting the circle. I think what's disrupting the circle is that Yoshitake is a grade-A asshole who doesn't like Madarame, and has been demanding this (and starting conflicts, and egging people on) ever since it popped into her head.

That said, my memory is not what it used to be. If I'm misremembering and someone can point to where anyone but Yoshitake initiated or has genuinely pushed for this "Madarame Must Choose NOW!!!" bullshit, I would genuinely be grateful for the correction.

Josh Duggar, is that you again? This isn't your personal phone-sex hotline, you know.

You're pretty much right, but I don't think she's purposely being an asshole to spite Madarame, but instead, to help Yajima. If Madarame picks Hato, Yaji gets to move on with her life. If Madarame doesn't pick Hato, Yaji gets a chance to make her move.

...And the drama continues. I think I may cry. New readers years in the future may like this arc, but current old ones are so done with this. Dammit Madarame, what do you mean you'll do it on your own??? You had time to do it on your own! Never mind the realism and the time it takes for a relationship to develop, I am dooooooone with this. The entire Genshiken is done. He can go date a rock for all I care.

I feel like it wouldn't be so bad if this series was weekly, but it's like a sports manga in its semifinals arc-- Each chapter feels like it only progresses 5 seconds at a time. I mean, clearly it doesn't, but still. I say again, this will be of value of future readers, but it's just so tedious now

Side note, Yoshitake looks so different with her hair down. At least, I think that was her. And this gathering was partially for Kuchi, and yet, he is being sidelined so much. He's annoying, but he doesn't deserve this. Underdeveloped side characters should not have to suffer through this drama.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics