Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.52 - 430votes)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nyuugaku-hen

Alt Names: alt พี่น้องปริศนาโรงเรียนมหาเวทalt 魔法科高校の劣等生alt The Irregular at Magic High School: Enrollment Arcalt The Irregular of a Magic High School
Author: Hayashi Fumino & Satou Tsutomu
Artist: Kitaumi Tsuna
Genres: Action ActionDrama DramaFantasy FantasyMartial Arts Martial ArtsMystery MysteryPsychological PsychologicalRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSci-fi Sci-fiShounen ShounenSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shiba Tatsuya is an honors student without magic capability at First High School, a magic high School along with his sister who happens to be the top student among the freshmen. What will happen to him, and how will he live his school life where he is one of the many reserves in the school looked down upon by the chosen magical students?

Spin-off:
> Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/mahouka-koukou-no-yuutousei-r4677 )

Sequels:
> Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Kyuukousenhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-kyuukousenhen-r10197 )

> Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Yokohama Souranhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-yokohama-souranhen-r10198 )

> Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Tsuiokuhen
( http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei-tsuiokuhen-r10199 )
Go to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nyuugaku-hen Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is Watanabe Mari pure? New Window supamoogle3
  • 23 Replies
Topic General discussion New Window crysdgon88
  • 28 Replies
Topic Novel raws New Window lygarx
  • 0 Replies
Topic Tatsuya the villain. New Window Cake-kun
  • 4 Replies
Topic Is Tatsuya really omnipotent? New Window Slimy Fast Eel
  • 31 Replies
Topic Spoilers (Light novels + Web Arcs) [Full] New Window FudgeNouget
  • 28 Replies

1086 Comments

Spoiler

Get HYPED

Spoiler

@ bietchie10

I agree with you for the most part but your examples of "damsel in distresses" and "dependent people" is something I do not agree at all. Mari and Mayumi are just manipulative people but are able to stand on their two feet without any issues whatsoever. They've been doing it long before these siblings came along.

I can tell that you absolutely love Miyuki (well, she's darn awesome!) but just don't let it get in your way of analyzing the other characters. It's unfair if you judge the others wrongly.

Spoiler

@bietchie10:

Ad spoiler 1

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Ad Spoiler 2

Spoiler

Ad2:I agree she is emotional dependence. But how can a human in love not being emotional dependence? A man in love can swing his mood from happy to depressed and to happy again in a moment notice.

At least, i would give Miyuki one point for being ready for the day Tatsuya with another woman. Another point for the "greenlight" she gives Honoka.

As for the sempai, if they can do it themselves, why don't they just do it?

If they want things more convenient, pay for it. Nothing is for free.

That's what i hate.

Ad Spoiler 3

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ad rest

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was told that chapter 22 was going to be the last chapter.

Is it true?

Please no, not that! 64.gif

Even thought it says END, it also says that in the next issue, the 9 schools' arc will start... doesn't sounds like the end of the manga to me, just the end of the arc. (Otherwise, why would they say that the 9 schools' arc would start in the next issue?) o_O

yes it is true, but sadly light novel will go on...

I was told that chapter 22 was going to be the last chapter.

Is it true?

Please no, not that! 64.gif

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-16/mediaworks-registers-mahouka.jp-domain

soon~

Finger cross so the artwork won't follow this manga.

I prefer the light novel's art, less round-ish.

Hes so badass on chapter 22...

Miyuki's spell should be renamed "Freezeburn", cause she's HAWT when she's casting her freeze.

You don't mess with bro-cons, innocent looking ones are always the most deadly.

hahaha Miyuki can control her powers, the reason she appear lack of control is because

Spoiler

if you like this manga, you should read the light novel, is 100% better

Well I have read all 11 that are out... 

Spoiler

hahaha Miyuki can control her powers, the reason she appear lack of control is because

Spoiler

if you like this manga, you should read the light novel, is 100% better

Wow...She was sooooo Cool 106.gif

Get it...Cool...Ice...33.gifYeah, I'll go now64.gif

@bietchie10:

Ad spoiler 1

Spoiler

Ad Spoiler 2

Spoiler

Ad Spoiler 3

Spoiler

Ad rest

Spoiler

i have to disagree.

First, what you spoiled only prove that she loves him and wants the attention of the boy she loves. Let be honest: if you remove the fact that she is his sister, she is perfectly a sweet girl in love. I just can't see how that is even remotely related to "so dependant".

Let me give you some example of "so dependant" and useless damssel in distress:

Spoiler

All Miyuki ever askes is for him to care more about himself, pursuing his own happiness, showing people his own worth so they have to respect him,...

Second, please don't say like she has hard time control the urge to kill the girls. If you actually read the light novel, you would know:

Spoiler

Third, don't apply your personal perspective in their sibling joke, be in the shoes: she is fully aware of what he is capable of and his tolerant toward joke; if she really wants to kill him or punish him, she wouldn't do just that.

"Fully aware" set her different from other annoying female (tsundere) who in the moment of jealous and anger, lose control of the action and go full-force harming the guy even though the guy doesn't like it one bit.

Some further explaination:

Spoiler

Lastly, think about the most romantic work(novel, comic, movie) you read/watch about a man meet a woman, they fall in love with each other and help each other overcome many hardship.

You done remember your favorite romantic work? Ok, let move to next step.

Spoiler

So how to make it less corny?

Change it into : "I'm going to fight them fair and square for the sake of someone (i barely know and has no benifit in helping them). Then after i defeat them, i will make them my friend!! Yay~~!!" ????

For most fighting shounen manga(Naruto, Bleach, HighschoolDxD,...), it's always "fight fair", "defeat means friendship". That's clinhes. That's unrealistic.

Terminate targets with extreme prejudice?  This is  realistic. Tatsuya is a combat pragmatis and that mean clinche-proof.

Tell me where you can find that daring bad-ass boast in any other shounen manga.

So, having read the most recent chapter...

OH

DAMN

DAT

MIYUKI

Hell yes.

@ bietchie10

I agree with you for the most part but your examples of "damsel in distresses" and "dependent people" is something I do not agree at all. Mari and Mayumi are just manipulative people but are able to stand on their two feet without any issues whatsoever. They've been doing it long before these siblings came along.

I can tell that you absolutely love Miyuki (well, she's darn awesome!) but just don't let it get in your way of analyzing the other characters. It's unfair if you judge the others wrongly.

@ _INTER_

It's more complicated which hopefully the manga will explain it (well, it's doing a good job adapting so it will come). It is not because how the magicians were treating the non-magicians. Far from it. Hell, the magicians never really treated the non-magicians badly. It has always been the non-magicians causing problems for the magicians.

*Sigh* It's a shame this manga is taking so long to come out. It's following the LN pretty nicely, aside from actually fleshing out personalities.1 month per chapter really kills the already slow pacing, and the next few arcs only speed up slightly.

While the things you say are right you didn't have to spoil half of the background for the rest...

Not everyone has read the novels and some don't plan doing it and are waiting for manga to cover the story... so you could have put that in spoilers...

Spoiler

i have to disagree.

First, what you spoiled only prove that she loves him and wants the attention of the boy she loves. Let be honest: if you remove the fact that she is his sister, she is perfectly a sweet girl in love. I just can't see how that is even remotely related to "so dependant".

Let me give you some example of "so dependant" and useless damssel in distress:

Spoiler

All Miyuki ever askes is for him to care more about himself, pursuing his own happiness, showing people his own worth so they have to respect him,...

Second, please don't say like she has hard time control the urge to kill the girls. If you actually read the light novel, you would know:

Spoiler

Third, don't apply your personal perspective in their sibling joke, be in the shoes: she is fully aware of what he is capable of and his tolerant toward joke; if she really wants to kill him or punish him, she wouldn't do just that.

"Fully aware" set her different from other annoying female (tsundere) who in the moment of jealous and anger, lose control of the action and go full-force harming the guy even though the guy doesn't like it one bit.

Some further explaination:

Spoiler

Lastly, think about the most romantic work(novel, comic, movie) you read/watch about a man meet a woman, they fall in love with each other and help each other overcome many hardship.

You done remember your favorite romantic work? Ok, let move to next step.

Spoiler

I like this manga. But also kinda hate it.

"I'm not going to fight them, I'm gonna annihilate them!"

So corny. So many cliches.

So how to make it less corny?

Change it into : "I'm going to fight them fair and square for the sake of someone (i barely know and has no benifit in helping them). Then after i defeat them, i will make them my friend!! Yay~~!!" ????

For most fighting shounen manga(Naruto, Bleach, HighschoolDxD,...), it's always "fight fair", "defeat means friendship". That's clinhes. That's unrealistic.

Terminate targets with extreme prejudice?  This is  realistic. Tatsuya is a combat pragmatis and that mean clinche-proof.

Tell me where you can find that daring bad-ass boast in any other shounen manga.

I like this manga. But also kinda hate it.

"I'm not going to fight them, I'm gonna annihilate them!"

So corny. So many cliches.

@desolaxe nah. everything is just magnified when you have power. add to that her frustration, knowing they will never be accepted by society as lovers because theyre siblings. alot of mangas today have those types. those girls who get violent when theyre jealous. i guess it's the power difference? if boy A and girl A both have equal amount of power, the violence would be seen as playful flirting. since miyuki has power to like kill anyone that's around her in the current part of the manga, it would be seen as her becoming a psychotic murderer but in its roots there's just sakura or tsunade. just with a bit more 'skills that kills' and surrounded by a more mediocre bunch of ignorant people.

@Omnicast:
sorry about that... it wasn't my intention...
I was trying to limit the post to the things that everybody could deduce... (school year ending, the crew advancing to next year and new freshmen entering)
Volume 9 is translated on baka-tsuki ... volume 10 is missing first two chapters (but sadly those two chapters are almost half of the book... so it might take a while)

@deSolAxe Damn it! I'll be sad when Mayumi graduates! T.T

The slight spoiler was the sister... =/

don't bully onii-sama!

What was left unsaid: "Only I can bully him!" *Evil smirk*

lol isnt the term 'yandere' being a bit overused nowadays? so, just because she has the power to fight back and defend the person she admires and looks up to, a person who saved her life once, she's already psychotic? should all imouto characters just cry and hide behind their onii-sama's back? if she was a guy and tatsuya was the girl, then isnt that what most would call being badass? i mean look at her situation. she knows full well how immense tatsuya's power/intellect is. she also knows how utterly humble he is even tho he has the power to destroy a whole friggin country or even the world. but all these ignorant people all brand him as weak, ignorant people who are foolish enough to bare their fangs at him, not having any clue to what he's capable of and she knows her brother has wont do anything. she knows everything, she wants to tell everyone of how proud she is but she cant because it's not her secret to tell.

so yea tell me, is she really the same as yuno gasai? is she really like that psychotic girl who kills almost everyone who gets close? coz lol if she was, then i dont think mayumi, mari or any other female from the school would still be alive after chapter 1. they prolly would already be statues thx to cocytus.

While the things you say are right you didn't have to spoil half of the background for the rest...

Not everyone has read the novels and some don't plan doing it and are waiting for manga to cover the story... so you could have put that in spoilers...

Spoiler

That mangaholics credit page at the end of chapter 21... utterly brilliant.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics