Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General discussion

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
i thought there was already a topic for this manga, but it seems there wasn't. this topic will discuss everything about the manga and the latest chapter.

up til the current chapter, anyone think that tatsuya is actually a genius also, who's even better than his sister.

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Well that depends if you mean genius in the sense of great and natural talent or high intelligence.
He's obviously intellectually a genius, even proclaimed by the student council president himself. There are already hints that maybe he can't use magic for a deeper reason than a lack of talent.

Edited by Saphsin, 30 March 2012 - 10:56 PM.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWhere 2D rules.
Honestly speaking, so far I read in the novel (vol1-4 an web 1) Tatsuya is more than a genius. I like the adaptation, but somehow is a bit shocking to see Tatsuya much more expressionless that I did imagine by reading the original work ^^;

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Horizon

Horizon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationLost
Well, what I think is that he's a person who can use magic without casting a spell or saying a chant (something like that).

Edited by Horizon, 10 April 2012 - 05:29 PM.

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts
Basically, magic is the handle of Psion and Pushion. There is no need of other devices like that in order to make "magic". Even more if the phenomena that produces magic (basic codes) are known.

I think we could see more in the next chapters (almost the +50% of the novel covered by now).

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Ghostfury083

Ghostfury083

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Tatsuya Is Actually A Genius, Is Ability Is To Cancel Out A Magicians Magic. Its Also Why He Took Up Martial Arts His Tai-Jutsu Allows Him To Take Down Any Opponent After Making Them Unable To Cast

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
^ can we not post blatantly false responses that just ruin the discussion -.-

Ariel, where did you read the novel? I could only find the teaser project on baka-tsuki....

G@mes mani@c

G@mes mani@c

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
I think there is a full spoiler thread of the novel in mangahelpers.com

Posted Image

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts

^ can we not post blatantly false responses that just ruin the discussion -.-

Ariel, where did you read the novel? I could only find the teaser project on baka-tsuki....

I did it by reading my own copy. Currently, I'm reading web version 'cause this covers more story (though new vol.5 will add two new short stories).

I knew there are massive spoilers in magahelpers, AS, JCafe and others, but I'd still prefer reading it by my self.

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Ghostfury083

Ghostfury083

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Saphsin There Isn't Anything False About My Statement. You Do Not Have To Agree With It, But You Will Read About It, Then You Can Apologize For Your Rude Gesture.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
If it was a sudden spoiler of the light novel, if you read it in Japanese or read the spoilers, then the post was unnecessary or you should've put spoiler tags. But you did not even say it was a spoiler, it just looked like a burst of random facts or predictions about one of the characters, the post was structured as a spam either way. So please don't continue on with cluttering the thread, if you have a problem with me, address it by PM.

Edited by Saphsin, 18 April 2012 - 01:20 AM.

bludvein

bludvein

Potato

• Members
  • 104 posts

Saphsin There Isn't Anything False About My Statement. You Do Not Have To Agree With It, But You Will Read About It, Then You Can Apologize For Your Rude Gesture.

Heres a hint. Capitalizing every word in your sentences is horrible form. For the record, your post wasn't exactly wrong, but not completely correct either.

Novel spoilers ahead, read at your own risk.
Spoiler

Tatsuya is a broken character.

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts
Well...

Spoiler

I was reading vol.5 last weekend, and indeed is different to web version. I think in two chapters we will be able to see Tatsuya show himself off xD

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
Waiting for the fight-scene...
And hopefully 1 chapter can cover all of Tatsuya's fighting scene since waiting a whole month is just a bit... too... much...

Great art btw :P

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!
Its getting more and more intresting, i really want to see Tatsuya fight now i know what his abilities are. I normally shy away from spoilers but in this case i think waiting 1/2 months to see his abilities might have killed me mentally.

Horizon

Horizon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • LocationLost
Are there 5 volumes already out?

Ariel

Ariel

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 16 posts
Yes, there are :D

In jcafe24 are raws if you can't buy the originals xD

ー世界が平和でありますようにー

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

Yes, there are :D

In jcafe24 are raws if you can't buy the originals xD

Ahhh i could do that, although i can't read it i can always take a peak at whats to come but that would ruin the experience when they are Uploaded here... I really hate it when i'm stuck between wanting to look a head or just wait it out!

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
@Beelz

I know how you feel ....
In my case it's just that my reading abilities of japanese are somewhat quite limited, but usable.

Look at it this way, you could take a peek at the raws and se the general plot, but (probably?) not understand the finer interesting details - therefore it is better to wait.

On a side note: Those spoiler tags should be forbidden <.< can't ommit reading them, or like Oscar Wilde once wrote: "I can resist everything except temptation"
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen

Beelz

Beelz

Potato

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDah bu!

@Beelz

I know how you feel ....
In my case it's just that my reading abilities of japanese are somewhat quite limited, but usable.

Look at it this way, you could take a peek at the raws and se the general plot, but (probably?) not understand the finer interesting details - therefore it is better to wait.

On a side note: Those spoiler tags should be forbidden <.< can't ommit reading them, or like Oscar Wilde once wrote: "I can resist everything except temptation"

Yeah there is a certain temptation to read when you see a spoiler tag, also you pritty much highlighted why i hate being stuck between the 2 because i can't understand it all too well i will literally sit for hours working it all out before i'm ready to stop reading and then its not like i can just stop i'll end up in a trap "i'll stop at the next chapter" and when the next chapter comes i'll sigh and think "ok the next one and i will stop" before i know it i've already finnished.